PT Sith versus PT Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Janus
Sidious' plan had worked... Young Skywalker was now following the dark path of the Sith, with the soon-to-be-emperor as his master. Dooku, in a moment of inspiration, had stunned young Skywalker in the fight on the Invisible Hand. With the ship itself nearly destroyed in the space battle, Palpatine, Dooku, and Grievous had stole away with the unconscious Skywalker, leaving Obi-Wan to escape by the skin of his teeth. Reacting to the sudden tremor in the Force, as Senator Amidala was murdered along with several others in the surprise attack by General Grievous. The droid army commander himself died in the Battle of Utapau, and the two Sith and their new acolyte escaped to the deserts of Korriban, where they erected a secret base within the ruins of a Sith academy.

However, Jocasta Nu was instrumental in the tracking of the Sith, and masters Yoda, Windu, and Kenobi arrived on Korriban to confront the new threat...

Combatants:

-Sidious is the same as he is depicted in ROTS. His priority target is Yoda, though he will not miss an opportunity to slay a lesser opponent should it arise. Since the confrontation is in the center room of the academy, there is debris for the Sith to utilize, and perhaps a pillar if he's lucky, but there is no place for him to hide. Sidious, not much of a team player, will nonetheless protect Anakin if and when he can due to Anakin being the product of Plagues and Sidious' midi-chlorian manipulation and thus, the legacy of the Sith.

-Dooku is the same as depicted in ROTS, only more dedicated to the fight, not merely playing with the opponent as he was in-movie. His priority opponent would be Mace Windu, since the two have a bit of a grudge. Dooku is not against challenging Yoda should the opportunity arise, but he is loathe to truly fight the wizened old master, and is secretly insecure of his powers against Yoda.

-Anakin is no different then we see him in ROTS. He does not possess any additional Sith skills, since he has not had the time to study true Sith lore. He believes that Obi-Wan abandoned him and left Padme to die, thus making his former master his priority target. However, Anakin will protect Sidious since the sith lord has promised to clone Padme in exchange for the elimination of a 'corrupt Jedi Order and restoration of balance in the galaxy'. Anakin has no love for Dooku and will not neccessarily go out of his way to help the older former jedi.

-Yoda is as we see in ROTS. His priority is the dangerous Sidious, although he is resolved that young Skywalker be redeemed and, if possible, Dooku. Thus he will engage either of those two if needed, but will try not to land a killing blow. Yoda will defend Obi-Wan and Mace equally if needed.

-Mace Windu is as we see in ROTS, and his priority opponent will be Count Dooku. While Mace is not opposed to laying the smack down on Sidious or Anakin (And with Dooku and Sidious he is willing to kill) his priority target will remain Dooku unless Yoda has complications. Mace Windu will help his comrades, though he leans towards helping Obi-Wan more due to the younger master's age.

-Obi-Wan is the ROTS ninja we all know and love. His priority target is Anakin, since he knows he cannot singularly take Sidious or Dooku. Obi-Wan will fight Dooku and Sidious to the death, particularly if another falls, but he still has some hope for redeeming Anakin. Thus, he will hold back to a certain extent, trying not to kill the Jedi but talk him back to the light. However, if it becomes apparent that such measures will not work, he has been told by both Windu and Yoda to end Skywalker's life... The redemption of one is not worth the cost of the Sith destroying the Order.

Darth_Glentract
I like this. Great idea. I think the Jedi would win. For a while, I think they would fight as you said, but I think Mace and Yoda would eventually change targets. Yoda would go after and eventually slay Dooku, while Mace would go after Palps, since I think he has a special power against Palpatine because Vapaad calls upon the darkside, making it easier for Mace to predict Sidious' moves since I think Sidious clouds the light(why those three Jedi were killed so fast, they had no experince at seeing people as clouded in the darkside as Sidious. Obi-wan would eventually turn or kill Anakin, probably turn him, since he doesnt have the extra crimes like destroying the Jedi Temple(or does he).

Darth_Janus
He doesn't. Anakin's relatively new to the darkside at this point, he's still innocent if you don't count the Sand people butchering.

Darth_Glentract
Then he could probably come back pretty fast since it was the Temple Massacre and killing Mace Windu that cemented his fall.

Darth_Janus
I agree, but remember he was led to believe that the council betrayed him, especially Obi-wan. Also, Padme was killed, and it was blamed on the Order's inaction.

Darth_Janus
Also, I invite people to write out a short story of how this battle might go. That way, we can get a feel for the reasoning you use (depending on who you root for, etc.) based on the story you have written. Of course, if you elect not to write a story answer, that's perfectly acceptable as well.

And feel free to ask questions regarding the scenario.

Darth Windu
Very nice idea. Anakin and Obi-Wan is the closest fight in the SW Universe in my opinion, seeing as how they practice nigh opposing forms and know eachother so well. I could try a story. . .

Darth_Janus
Please do...

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Please do...

Your stories are amazing.

Darth_Janus
I'm gonna put forth my own version maybe tomorrow...

And thanks

SnakeEyes
I'll definitely read both of your stories... smokin'

Great Vengeance
The sith win, sidious and yoda would at best for yoda be a stalemate though personally I believe sidious would win in the end. Dooku beats mace as hes has already beaten him before with his weaker self. Obi wan and anakin once again a very close match but since this is a straight up fight and no resourcefulness obi wan would lose. Even if Obi beat anakin again dooku would be done with his match with mindu about the same time and then would slaughter obi and help sidious with yoda.

If mace and yoda switched the sith would still win, yoda would beat dooku after a long fight but sidious would easily kill mace because he would no longer be toying with him then sidious would proceed to kill obi wan then sidious and anakin would team up against yoda.

Windu is overestimated, after reading shatterpoint it further proves the point for me, he loses to his padawan depa who he even says displays swordmanship that outmatches his own and loses to vastor. Mace kills vastor in the end but through trickery because mace says himself on his best day he would still not be able to defeat vastor in a straight up fight. The fact that mace was manipulated by palpatine in ROTS is all the more obvious now, no way in hell depa or vastor is stronger than palps.

darthrevan89
Since were on the topic of stories...click this link damn it (please excuse the language) !!!
http://www.fictionpress.com/read.php?storyid=1948171

Darth Windu
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
The sith win, sidious and yoda would at best for yoda be a stalemate though personally I believe sidious would win in the end. Dooku beats mace as hes has already beaten him before with his weaker self. Obi wan and anakin once again a very close match but since this is a straight up fight and no resourcefulness obi wan would lose. Even if Obi beat anakin again dooku would be done with his match with mindu about the same time and then would slaughter obi and help sidious with yoda.

If mace and yoda switched the sith would still win, yoda would beat dooku after a long fight but sidious would easily kill mace because he would no longer be toying with him then sidious would proceed to kill obi wan then sidious and anakin would team up against yoda.

Windu is overestimated, after reading shatterpoint it further proves the point for me, he loses to his padawan depa who he even says displays swordmanship that outmatches his own and loses to vastor. Mace kills vastor in the end but through trickery because mace says himself on his best day he would still not be able to defeat vastor in a straight up fight. The fact that mace was manipulated by palpatine in ROTS is all the more obvious now, no way in hell depa or vastor is stronger than palps.

no

Darth_Janus
Depa is not a padawan, she's a full blown Jedi master... Read the book again.

Great Vengeance
Depa is not a padawan, she's a full blown Jedi master... Read the book again.

Never said she was a padawan I just said she was maces padawan, I didnt intend that to be an argument against her.

Darth Windu
And she didn't beat him, he didn't want to fight her. Oh yeah; he wasn't just any Master. She was on the Council too, and a force to be reckoned with.

Darth_Janus
Well, there is one thing important to consider in Shatterpoint... Mace Windu has to walk a fine line, balancing himself or risk losing his mind like Depa on the Korun planet. It's not like he can just delve into Vaapad and kill the apprentice he is trying to save and kill a Force user considering he was outnumbered by the force user's goons, the goons themselves Korun force users.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Darth Windu
no

Really Darth Windu I think I deserve more than a smiley.

Great Vengeance
Mace says he could not beat vastor on his best days thats a direct quote from the book.

Darth Windu
no no

How about two?

Darth_Janus
You beat me to it.

Darth Windu
What, you need more arguments? What's this thread about again? Oh yeah. Damn, my story window was closed. Freakin' glitch. Oh, yeah the thread. I dunno yet. Require meditation, does this.

Great Vengeance
Take your time patience is key to success.

Admiral Akbar
Unless your anakin, patience for him is the exact opposite.

Darth_Glentract

Great Vengeance
Heh obi wan probably would be the only one left standing, hes a lucky bastard.

Darth Windu
Three forms moved like shadows through the dark halls of the Academy. Overgrown vines and trees sprouting from walls fortold of many millenia of neglect. This was an ancient place, with dangers and secrets that would shake even the mightiest of warriors. The old Sith Academy emanated witha a darkness that fortold incomprehensible atrocities.

The figure on the left stopped suddenly.

"This is it," it said, in a strong, powerful voice; a human. The man took of his hood to reveal a shaved, dark-skinned head. He turned to face another figure, his eyes alight with a barely repressed fire.

This one was small, like a child. But it was stooped over, and carried a gimmer stick. It was old, and certainly not human; from under its robes poked a pair of clawed feet, and its hands were covered with green skin.

"Mmmm. A great darkness, does this place hold. Our mark, it is."

"Master Yoda," said the third figure, in a quiet, calm voice. Another human. "What is their objective in coming here? To lure us into some sort of trap?"

"Use your feelings, Master Kenobi," replied Yoda. "Your former Apprentice, they now possess. The Chosen One."

The dark figure spoke. "He is now in the thrall of the Dark Side. They need him for their plot. Whatever it may be. This is a test. For both us, and Anakin."

Kenobi nodded. "I understand, Master Windu."

"Good," spoke Yoda. "Then know what must be done, you do."

Obi-Wan nodded again, silently. The figures shook off their robes, and stepped forward. A black hole, a void, suddenly came into view.

"A doorway?" asked Windu.

"But to what?" said Obi-Wan, answering the question with one his own. Both Jedi looked at Yoda.

Looking at them each in turn, Yoda replied in a strange voice. "To our destiny."

The three stepped into the hole and disappeared into the darkness. A moment later, they emerged from another hole, this time into a bright room.

"Powerful, is the Dark Side here." stated the green Jedi Master.

"Anakin," whispered Obi-Wan. "I sense Anakin."

A cold, hard voice sprang out. "I see you're as sharp as ever, Master."

Anakin Skywalker stepped into view, his Jedi robes now replaced with a black garment, one that reminded Obi-Wan distinctly of the Sith LOrd he had killed on Naboo.

"Your former Apprentice has now joined the Dark Side, my Jedi friends."

A sudden chill went up the Jedis' spines as Darth Sidious stepped into view.

"Sith scum!" snarled Windu. "You have been lowered to stealing children from your enemies?"

"I'M NO CHILD!" roared Anakin, and the room shook with force the likes of which the Jedi had never seen.

And suddenly, another man walked into the room; Count Dooku. Standing on a balcony to the left of the Jedi, the Count sneered.

"I see you've brought the best the Order has to offer? Why not bring the younglings? I'm sure our new friend would enjoy a warm-up." And he gestured to Anakin.

Master Windu opened his arms wide, and a lightsaber flew from his belt into his right hand, where it ignited into a sword of violet fire. Obi-Wan and Yoda followed suit; Obi-Wan's blue blade shone like the Naboo sea, and Yoda's small, emeral weapon was like a green nebula.

Dooku and Anakin leapt down from the balcony, as Sidious stood, cackling madly.

Anakin's lightsaber ignited, glowing blue like that of his former Master. Dooku's blade erupted in crimson fire, as did that of Sidious, which was held high above his head with two hands.

"Then begin, we will." said Yoda, and a second later, the room became a kleidoscope of blinding color.

Darth Windu
Originally posted by Darth Windu
Three forms moved like shadows through the dark halls of the Academy. Overgrown vines and trees sprouting from walls fortold of many millenia of neglect. This was an ancient place, with dangers and secrets that would shake even the mightiest of warriors. The old Sith Academy emanated witha a darkness that fortold incomprehensible atrocities.

The figure on the left stopped suddenly.

"This is it," it said, in a strong, powerful voice; a human. The man took of his hood to reveal a shaved, dark-skinned head. He turned to face another figure, his eyes alight with a barely repressed fire.

This one was small, like a child. But it was stooped over, and carried a gimmer stick. It was old, and certainly not human; from under its robes poked a pair of clawed feet, and its hands were covered with green skin.

"Mmmm. A great darkness, does this place hold. Our mark, it is."

"Master Yoda," said the third figure, in a quiet, calm voice. Another human. "What is their objective in coming here? To lure us into some sort of trap?"

"Use your feelings, Master Kenobi," replied Yoda. "Your former Apprentice, they now possess. The Chosen One."

The dark figure spoke. "He is now in the thrall of the Dark Side. They need him for their plot. Whatever it may be. This is a test. For both us, and Anakin."

Kenobi nodded. "I understand, Master Windu."

"Good," spoke Yoda. "Then know what must be done, you do."

Obi-Wan nodded again, silently. The figures shook off their robes, and stepped forward. A black hole, a void, suddenly came into view.

"A doorway?" asked Windu.

"But to what?" said Obi-Wan, answering the question with one his own. Both Jedi looked at Yoda.

Looking at them each in turn, Yoda replied in a strange voice. "To our destiny."

The three stepped into the hole and disappeared into the darkness. A moment later, they emerged from another hole, this time into a bright room.

"Powerful, is the Dark Side here." stated the green Jedi Master.

"Anakin," whispered Obi-Wan. "I sense Anakin."

A cold, hard voice sprang out. "I see you're as sharp as ever, Master."

Anakin Skywalker stepped into view, his Jedi robes now replaced with a black garment, one that reminded Obi-Wan distinctly of the Sith LOrd he had killed on Naboo.

"Your former Apprentice has now joined the Dark Side, my Jedi friends."

A sudden chill went up the Jedis' spines as Darth Sidious stepped into view.

"Sith scum!" snarled Windu. "You have been lowered to stealing children from your enemies?"

"I'M NO CHILD!" roared Anakin, and the room shook with force the likes of which the Jedi had never seen.

And suddenly, another man walked into the room; Count Dooku. Standing on a balcony to the left of the Jedi, the Count sneered.

"I see you've brought the best the Order has to offer? Why not bring the younglings? I'm sure our new friend would enjoy a warm-up." And he gestured to Anakin.

Master Windu opened his arms wide, and a lightsaber flew from his belt into his right hand, where it ignited into a sword of violet fire. Obi-Wan and Yoda followed suit; Obi-Wan's blue blade shone like the Naboo sea, and Yoda's small, emeral weapon was like a green nebula.

Dooku and Anakin leapt down from the balcony, as Sidious stood, cackling madly.

Anakin's lightsaber ignited, glowing blue like that of his former Master. Dooku's blade erupted in crimson fire, as did that of Sidious, which was held high above his head with two hands.

"Then begin, we will." said Yoda, and a second later, the room became a kleidoscope of blinding color.

Sorry. Intro again lol.

SnakeEyes
That was a cool intro... You should finish it though...

Darth_Janus
I agree. Windu, masterfully done...

Darth_Janus
(My turn. However, in order to give it a distinctly different feel from everyone else's, I'm going to change the locale... Make them all fight separately in the ruins.)

The sand blew restlessly across the valley floor as Obi-Wan made his way towards the cave entrance. Having arrived here at the request of Master Yoda on Korriban, Obi-Wan was late. He did see the transport that had carried Yoda and Mace Windu to the surface. He did not see where they had gone.

There was a saying among the Jedi that was so old it had ceased to be anything but a catchphrase, like the kind people used regularly and did not evaluate its true meaning and origin. "Barren like the heart of Korriban." It was like "minions of Xendor" in that it echoed the pains of the past, fit into a nice little phrase. And Korriban's heart was barren, even if the previous inhabitants possessed hearts as black as the outer reaches of space. That very same tangible evil Obi-Wan felt as he stood in the entrance of the cavern, cut from the very bones of Korriban's surface. This evil was palpable... but strangely familiar. Heedless of his own actions, Obi-Wan ignited his saber and stepped inside.

The temperature dropped drastically as he made his way in, and as the meek sunlight was left behind, Obi-Wan found himself relying more and more on his attuned senses to find his way. The familiar vibes led him farther and farther down into the earth, until finally he came to an opening. Here, the sun streaked through cracks in the cavern roof, and before him, a deep pit opened like a wound in the earth. A small natural bridge crossed this pit, and standing there, saber in hand and ignited, was Anakin.

"Why are you here, master?" The former apprentice spoke slowly, his words drawn out, but the pain, the anger, closely kept to the surface. His blade was at his side, almost casually. However, his eyes were sharper than any blade, boring into Obi-Wan.

"Anakin, I have come to bring you home. All this... it's a lie!" Obi-Wan realized then that his blade was still activated. He shut i down, but Anakin's stance did not relax any. If anything, the boy scowled.

"You are the one who spreads lies!" Skywaker shouted, his voice quivering with uncontained passion. "You and the Order! I gave everything... did everything... And I was not good enough!" He stepped forward, clenching a fist before him. "I waited and waited and still you all kept me back... You all betrayed me! Why?! What did I ever do to deserve this?! What did I ever do for you to let her die?!" Tears streaming down his cheeks, the new acolyte of darkness cried out in defiance, against the world and against the institution which, he believed, had robbed him of what he was meant to have. What he was meant to be.

Kenobi was ataken back. He could not believe this. "Anakin... You must believe me. I am trying to help you! I am trying to free you from the grasp of the Sith! Anakin, you are not fighting the enemy, you are -working- with the enemy!"

"No..." Anakin mumbled plaintively. He was not truly listening.

"Listen to me... We have to leave this place. It's... It's of the Sith. We have to find Master Yoda and Master Windu and together destroy the Sith. Don't you understand, Anakin? You have a destiny to fulfill... You can't turn your back on us now, in this hour." Obi-Wan nearly collapsed, the emotional drain taking its toll on him in this dark place. He stepped forward, slowly, reaching out to his former apprentice. The young man he had raised and taught for these thirteen years. But Anakin merely steeled his expression, and raised his blade.

"No! It was -you- who turned your back on me in my hour of need! You -left- me on the battlefield... You let Padme die... This is all because of you!" And with that, he leapt forward, his blue lightsaber raised above his head.

Obi-Wan swore under his breath and brought up his blade. Then, he dodged to the side, rolling and coming up with his blade in a ready defense. But Anakin had already landed and come about, his blade spinning about and striking with amazing power. Beneath the blow, Obi-Wan felt himself almost stagger.

"I will end this!" Were the former Jedi's words, and with a terrible might he shoved Obi-wan back, breaking the saberlock.

---------------------------------------------

Yoda and Mace Windu walked cautiously along one another down the dark halls of the ancient Sith academy. Their blades were ready in their hands, but they had not yet ignited the blades. It was Yoda's idea that they remain as silent as two jedi masters can be, for the darkside had a strong grip on this place, and their senses could betray them.

It was Windu who was hit first, the rock streaming from seemingly nowhere, hitting him on the shoulder and nearly throwing him off balance. Yoda's blade snaped to life, all pretense of sneaking stole away, and Mace's blade quickly came to life as well. Both looked about frantically, but nothing could be seen in the darkness. A sound, however, reached their ears... Cackling from the source of the assault.

"The darkness will hide you not. Find you I shall, and end your tyranny!" The diminitive Jedi master called out, but the voice laughed even more in response.

"Come out from your hiding places, Sith!" Windu shouted, his voice quickly lost in the dark. But the laughing stopped, and after some time of waiting for a response, the two continued on their way, their paranoia higher than before.

The hallwau opened up, and then a familiar sound came to them as a red lightsaber flared to life before them.

"I see you have come a long way to die, jedi." Sidious spoke, his voice twisted with contempt. The facade of innocence dropped, his face was a mask of evil, the flesh marred and pale. His eyes were a window into his corrupt, irredeemable soul, and his smile was one of true cruelty.

"We have come a long way to stop your treachery, Sidious." Windu moved forward, but Yoda held up a restraining three-fingered hand.

"Mine, he is."

Yoda came forward, his fac weary but resolved in the light of his emerald lightsaber. He left the confines of the hallway and entered the open chamber. If he was worried about being jumped from the sides, he did not show it. Master Yoda walked forward with all the dignity and confidence of a royal king in his own court. Sidious, genuinely surprised by Yoda's straightforward approach, stepped back, smiling.

"Master Yoda... This has been a moment I have long been awaiting. I shall cast you down, broken, and with you the Order shall fall!" His crimson blade streaked forward, and the battle cry which Sidious gave forth was unnerving. Yoda broke into action, flipping to the side, coming across with his blade. Sidious parried it evenly, and then fell back, only to drive forward with a deceptive thrust. Yoda batted that away easily, and fell into the Ataru stance known as the "Far Sun Rising", with his blade to the side. Sidious pushed forward with effective though flashy moves, and Yoda relied on his small size and mastery of the Force to make himself a frustratingly difficult target, all the while hammering away at the midpoint of Sidious' guard.

They began to kick up dust around them as they moved back and forth, the battle playing out like some deadly game of tug-o-war. The Sith Lord cackled madly at some times and shouted in unbridled rage the next. Mace watched it all with concern for his old teacher, until a cool voice echoed from behind him.

"Is this what the jedi has fallen to? Allowing one's elders to fight one's battles?" Dooku came forward, illuminated in the light of his red lightsaber. Mace turned sharply, and fell into a ready pose.

"Do not presume to insult me, -Count- Dooku. Your betrayal has wounded the Order more than your words." But Dooku was not irked, instead laughing softly.

"Then avenge yourself of my crime, and strike me down, Master Windu... IF you can." And he flourished with his blade, saluting before falling into a casual Makashi stance. Windu wasted no time with words, he came forward in a blur, lightsaber flashing at Dooku's chest.

But the block was already in place, and Dooku, with a roll of his wrist, swatted the blade down and pushed forward with a trust, causing Windu to hop back. The Count chuckled, obviously pleased with the simple but effective manuever.

"I have defeatd you once, Master Windu. Let's see if you have come far enough to even attempt to defeat me now."

(More on this later... almost at the character limit for the post...)

Darth Windu
No need for my story with that lol.

JediMusician
Very nice, all of these.
I am working on my own, and will post it yet tonight.

Darth_Janus
Excellent.

Illustrious
Writing a story would require effort, and I have a phobia to that.

Admiral Akbar
Great stories guyz.

Human Vader

Nactous
Would your master approve of such poetry use?

Darth_Janus
Probably. There IS a reason why he is the evil apprentice. He'll probably usurp Revans title at this rate, since Emperor is rarely here anymore.

Human Vader
Then I will command the Imperial Jawa Army. Since Fishy's seldom here anymore either I could unsurp him too and become second in command to Janus. Muaha........Muahahahah.......Muahahahahahaha........Muahahahahahahahahahaa

Darth_Janus
Fishy'll be back in a week.

Human Vader
Damn it.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Human Vader
Damn it.

Darth_Janus
lmfao

JediMusician
A red Republic cruiser makes it's way through the calm of space; a calm matched only by that of its three passengers.
Presently, these three Jedi were taking a call from Coruscant, care of the Old Folks Home.
The glowing, miniature form of the Temple's archivist continued, "...it was simple, actually. The Sith Lords fled to a place that existed, and the Sith Lords themselves existed, so all the information was right there in the Archives. All I had to do was use our Google search engine to find matches for "Sith Lords getaway planet coordinates," then I informed you immediately, Master Yoda."
Yoda smiled, and so would have Mace, if he hadn't lost the knack for it sometime around the Battle of Geonosis.
"Thank you again for your dedication, Jocasta Nu. We are very appreciative of your wisdom. May the Force be with you," Kenobi cut the connection even as he was finishing his sentence. Sometimes that woman's arrogance was more than his Jedi patience could handle.
One of the pilots, seeing that their call was completed, turned in his seat to face them, "We're nearing Korriban now, Master Jedi."
"Very well, pilot." Mace answered curtly.
"How will we know where to land? I can't sense them...the dark side is too elusive." Kenobi watched the planet grow larger in a viewport, a feeling of dread growing in the pit of his stomach.
"Hmmm, powerful is the dark side here. Difficult it would be, for us to find them, yes? Hm hm hm mm m." He raised his gimer stick and pointed it at Kenobi. "Three of them there are. Three of us also. Yet the advantage they assume they have. We do not need to find them, Master Kenobi. Find us they will."
Mace nodded. A small movement. Clearly he was already preparing himself for the coming confrontation.
Yoda hobbled up to the control area, to stand directly behind one of the pilots. "Land the ship, you may. Anywhere will do. Then leave, you must. Call you we will, when we are ready."
The pilots, trying not to appear confused merely nodded. As Yoda walked the short distance back to his friends, one pilot whispered to the other, "I didn't understand his landing instructions. Let's just land in a random spot, and get the heck out of here as soon as these crazy mystics are off the ship."
"Agreed," came the quick reply.

Sidious, having found a nice throne room, was sitting there watching Dooku and Vader try to tolerate each other's presence. He hadn't broken the rule of two, not yet. He was certain one of them would die in the coming confrontation with however Yoda had drummed up, and then the one who came out stronger would be his apprentice.
He was quite sure it would be Anakin, and was very pleased with himself for the brilliance of his scheme. How easily we betray our subjects, he thought to himself. He cackled.
Anakin sat cross legged on the floor, not quite centered in the room, so as to not be too close to Darth Tyranus, who was pacing and looking quite impatient. Anakin knew that Obi-Wan was coming. When he arrived, Anakin would have his revenge for the murder of his beloved wife, Padme.
He meditated, and the fire of anger filled his being, making his blood run hot, and his mind focused with razor sharp clarity on how sweet his defeat of Obi-Wan would be. He would savor it, and kill Kenobi slowly, and then the fool would understand the meaning of suffering. He would know what loss felt like when Anakin was done.
Dooku paced tirelessly. He was worried. As the Count of Sorenno, and the leader of the Separatist Systems, he was not above subtle political maneuvers. He did not care much for politics, but he could tell he was being set up. On the journey here, he had begun to wonder what might have happened in the skies above Coruscant, if Skywalker had gained the upper hand.
He knew Sidious to have had at least one apprentice before him, and he suspected more than just one. Dooku was old, and his ambition was not what it would have been if he were in this position a decade or two ago. He was not likely to rise up against Sidious and then seek an apprentice of his own.
He knew he must prove himself here, on Korriban. Prove himself superior to that whelp Anakin...but, then what?
He would still be under Sidious' thumb, and it was likely Sidious would continue his eternal quest for his next, more powerful apprentice.
Plots began to form in the strategist's mind. There was always a solution, just waiting for those strong enough to take it...
Sidious continued to cackle to himself, at various intervals, different scenarios playing out in his mind for the upcoming event. That arrogant little gremlin was finally going to pay, as well as his precious younglings. Oh yes, they were next. They would have to be, or he would be putting out one rebellion after another for the rest of his life.
He brought his mind back to his own younglings; one quite young, the other not so much. He could feel the conflict raging inside Dooku, and was curious to see what end it played out to. And he could feel the rage boiling inside Anakin. His power was growing by the minute! His hatred for the Jedi must have reached legendary status by now, and no one would be able to stand against him.
He would have to be wary after this, so that Anakin didn't try to take control of the Sith too soon. The promise of a Padme clone would keep him at bay for now, and Sidious was confident he could come up with some more things later.
Suddenly, Anakin looked towards the ceiling, and somehow past it, as if looking for...
Sidious cackled evilly as he felt three rather familiar ripples in the Force approach the ancient stronghold of the Sith.
Dooku stopped pacing and came to kneel in front of his master, "By your leave, I would seek out these Jedi to bring you the trophies of their defeat."
"You have my leave, Darth Tyranus. I want Windu's head from you." He held back the cackle, careful not to overuse that particular allegory.
"He will die, Master." An evil glint filled the old man's eyes, and Sidious was impressed with what he felt. Dooku would indeed kill Mace Windu today. Most impressive.
"And me, my master? Am I to bring you Obi-Wan's head? Or should I kill Yoda first, and then destroy the murderer?"
"Yes, my boy, now is the time for your journey to the dark side to be completed. Strike down your former master, and become more powerful than any Jedi the galaxy has ever known!" A full blown maniacal laugh escaped his throat this time, and he let it continue for a while; it echoed off the walls, and through the corridors of the structure. The very aura of the planet seemed to laugh with him, as if it couldn't wait for the spectacle about to unfold.

The three Jedi stepped off of the ramp of the ship, onto the rusted dust of Korriban.
Mace inhaled sharply, eyes locked in one direction.
"I was wrong, Masters," Kenobi looked in that direction also. "I can feel his presence easily, here."
"Hmmm...strong is his presence in the Force. Feel, I can, the three of them. Careful we must be, Sidious could hide in the aura of the planet, if he wished. Deception is his weapon, if know we do, his location, wants this he does."
Mace nodded. "I sense the truth in your wisdom, Master Yoda. I have opened myself to the Force, and it has shown me my destiny. Let us spring this trap, and get this over with."
Kenobi quickly assessed the situation also. "The three of us meeting the three of them is risky too risky, perhaps we could lead them off and engage them one on one."
"Anakin, you wish to face then, yes?"
Kenobi looked down, "I will face Anakin. He has betrayed the Order, but I do not hold vengeance in my heart, but rather pity. Destroying him now is the kindest act I can make, so that I must do."
Mace nodded again. "Dooku's mine."
"Yes, sense I sense, hmm hm hm hm m." The little green being hobbled toward the room of darkness, with the other two following closely behind.

Dooku strode purposefully from the room, feeling the progress of the Jedi. He wanted to confront them before they got this far. He had already picked a good spot to lead Windu to, and he needed to intercept them in a certain place to make it happen.
Anakin was not far behind him. He had not thought it through with nearly so much clarity, relying instead of his brute strength to carry him through this encounter. Obi-Wan will pay. Soon.
Sidious continued to sit in his throne. Yoda was going nowhere fast, and soon enough he would have his grand confrontation, that he had been looking forward to for such a long time. He ca-

Yoda stopped, and then so did Mace and Obi-Wan. They could not sense Dooku any longer, but Skywalker's movement towards them made the Sith's intent quite clear. Sidious was not moving.
It was not long until Dooku and Skywalker showed themselves. They weren't quite side-by-side, yet they approached at the same time.
"Master Yoda," rumbled the Count's pleasant baritone, "so glad you could make it to our happy little reunion here. And Master Kenobi, long have I waited to meet you again. Sadly, I will have to leave the two of you to your individual fates, as my Master has commanded that I kill just one man today." His stare turned meaningfully to Mace. "Come, Master Windu, let us spar once more! This time I promise to take more than your pride."
Mace lifted his saber from his belt deftly, igniting it and holding it above his head. "There is no emotion. I have no pride."
"Exactly!" The Count's red blade suddenly sprang into existence with a sharp snap-hiss , and leaped for Mace.
Mace parried this attack easily and the battle was joined.

Even as the embattled duo moved slowly moved off, Obi-Wan's focus remained locked on Anakin.
"You haven't joined the Sith, yet, my friend. There is still hope-"
Anakin wasted no time with words, and just attacked.

No one noticed Yoda renew his hobble towards Sidious...

JediMusician
Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion sometime in the near future!

Darth_Janus
Bump... I didn't even notice Jedi musician had posted... Will read shortly. PS... Human Vader, here's your signature.

darthrevan89
Bump... I didn't even notice Jedi musician had posted... Will read shortly. PS... Human Vader, here's your signature.

Hey Janus nice erode effect on the sig Jeedi Sinpa sig.

Darth_Janus
ImageReady rules...

Human Vader
Hmm its perfect except, could you get rid of the erode effect? And also take away the exclamaiton marks in "jeedai snipah" and make the text white, with all writing in the same font? Thanks a bunch Janus.

Darth_Janus
*Eyes* Some jawa apprentice you are, barking orders...

Alright, what font do you prefer, and do you want it to look plain, or shall I try for another effect? (Personally, I think that erode effect looks badass.)

Human Vader
Well can't you just use a background like you used on Darth Windus? Cut out Obi Wan, the blaster and the bolt and put it on there? And yeah, I don't really like the erode effect. Um, How about Arial? Nothing fancy. But make it so it has a white border on black.

darthrevan89
Im bored so I'm posting a random pic.

Darth_Janus
Here.. try this

Human Vader
PERFECTION
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1158/420thumbs20up9pt.jpg

Darth_Janus
Ask and ye shall receive.

Human Vader
I especially like the hella 1337 Koriban background.

Darth_Janus
I did too.

darthrevan89
Hey HV how do you get your pics like that.

Human Vader
Outside sources my friend, outside sources.

Darth_Janus
Pic time!

Human Vader
Seen that many times Janus.

Darth_Janus
Well, I didn't post it just for you, you know.

Admiral Akbar
I LOVE IT!! ! !

darthrevan89
The text was to small for me to read.

Darth_Janus
Save the image and then open it in image preview. Than use the zoom function.

SnakeEyes
Janus, did you finish the story?

Darth_Janus
Hm, no. I'm gonna do it maybe tomorrow night. I had to work late tonight and I'm a bit spent.

SnakeEyes
Fair enough smokin'

I will look forward to reading it.

Darth_Janus
Sure thing. Thanks for reminding me. I had uh... forgotten.

SnakeEyes
lol... no problem. cool

Darth_Janus
Blades flashed back and forth. The sparks flew where the two blue blades would strike the rock, creating a scar upon the tunnel that would echo for ages to come. Fighting there, alongside of the abyss was almost poetic in its dark beauty; that very same rift was similar to the one between these two combatants in that it was dark and seemingly without end. Another close strike, and Obi-Wan was backpedalling, keeping his defensive stance. Anakin was relentless, a beast who was fueled by the Force like no other enemy Obi-Wan had ever faced before. The thought that he might not be able to overcome his former apprentice was weighing down on him like a collosal boulder settled between his already bowing shoulders. The very surface of Korriban was defeating his spirit, while Anakin was hacking away at his strength.

More swings, more hits. Obi-wan was fully on the defensive, just barely countering each of Anakin's powerful, wild swings. The young ex-Jedi was in a full rage now, his speed and strength growing terribly. With a deceptively swift swipe he disarmed Obi-Wan, sending the Jedi's lightsaber in two separate directions. The elder Jedi was with his heels almost on the ledge. He was bewildered, and had nowhere to run. He looked at Anakin, his face a mask of haunted sadness and slowly forming resignation.

"Anakin... So this is how it ends?" Anakin Skywalker advanced a step, his blade pointed at the unarmed, helpless Jedi. His face was unrelenting. It was doubtful he had even heard Obi-Wan clearly.

"An eye for an eye, and a life for the one you stole from me!" The younger knight stabbed forward, to pierce Obi-Wan's heart. But Obi burst into action, catching Anakin's swordarm and driving his palm behind the young man's neck, totally throwing him forward.

With a cry of disbelief mixed with sheer outrage, Anakin pitched forward, while Obi-Wan used his own momentum against him, sending him reeling into the dark abyss below. It too was poetic, as Anakin was lost to the darkness, never to return. Obi-Wan fell to his knees, no longer able to support himself. Closing his eyes, he ran his hands shakily through his hair. It had to be done, he told himself. Had to. And he told himself that as he sat there by the pit in that retched Korriban cave. The cave that was the entrace to the tomb of the late Ludo Kressh... Here, redemption was an act of one's self rather than the love of another, and Anakin Skywalker had chosen the darkness.

----------------------------------------

In the main chamber Yoda and Sidious raged, but after the initial exchanges, Sidious was now on the defensive. Yoda, despite the darkness radiating in this foul place, was like one with the Force, an unstoppable machine capable of hitting Sidious three times to the Sith lord's one. Their sabers cracked, back and forth, although it was the dark lord who was giving ground. Not that ground mattered, since Yoda could easily manuever himself to the sith's side and attack from there. He began to switch up his routine from Far Sun Rising (consisting of midrange, waist level attacks) to Sarlaac Hunting, which was a low-hitting stance that was heavy on spins and position changes. In short, fighting Yoda was like trying to hit a fly with a two foot toothpick.

For his part, Mace was faring nowhere near as splendid. The jedi master was able to take the fight to Dooku, despite the cramped conditions of the hallway by launching a series of twists and stabs. But Dooku was not in the least intimidated by Mace's erratic style, and he eeasily fended off all of the attacks. He gave ground, but never the advantage, and he often counterattacked with extreme precision, causing Mace to back up to avoid shortening his life or anything else.

"Well done, Master Windu. You have proven to be quite a good sport. A pity I must end this, as I can't allow Master Yoda to destroy my master. You see, we still have much work to be done."

Mace was undaunted by the implied threat, and he replied in between swings, his voice heated. "I can't allow you to do that, Dooku! If this ends here, it ends with me taking you out!" And he charged forward, heedless of his own safety. Dooku snarled and his hand came forward, a burst of Sith lightning streaming forward at the approaching Jedi master. The burst hit Mace only partially, as he barely managed to get his blade up in time to deflect some of the blast. He staggered, and held his blade up, until the count gave a pause.

"So you are not so stupid as to charge blindly, are you, Master Windu? Now that you have seen my power you must know you cannot stand against me." Mace, still stunned from the assault, merely panted, sweat starting to cover his neck and face. He was only vaguely aware of Dooku's next words, coming forth as sweet and fluid as honey. "You don't have to die here, now. You don't have to let the Sith win. You can join me. Together we can work to preserve the Republic while undermining the dark lord's strangle hold on the galaxy! Mace... my old friend... don't throw your life away needlessly. There are other ways to achieve victory."

Mace, breathing heavily, would hear none of it. He squared himself and stood straight, looking the formidable count in the eye as best he could. "My answer is no." He replied calmly, and then reached out in the Force, extending his hand, to send the Count flying backwards.

(More when I'm not at work with people calling every goddamn minute... )

darthrevan89
Blades flashed back and forth. The sparks flew where the two blue blades would strike the rock, creating a scar upon the tunnel that would echo for ages to come. Fight there, alongside of the abyss was almost poetic in its dark beauty; that very same rift was similar to the one between these two combatants in that it was dark and seemingly without end. Another close strike, and Obi-Wan was backpedalling, keeping his defensive stance. Anakin was relentless, a beast who was fueled by the Force like no other enemy Obi-Wan had ever faced before. The thought that he might not be able to overcome his former apprentice was weighing down on him like a collosal boulder settled between his already bowing shoulders. The very surface of Korriban was defeating his spirit, while Anakin was hacking away at his strength.

More swings, more hits. Obi-wan was fully on the defensive, just barely countering each of Anakin's powerful, wild swings. The young ex-Jedi was in a full rage now, his speed and strength growing terribly. With a deceptively swift swipe he disarmed Obi-Wan, sending the Jedi's lightsaber in two separate directions. The elder Jedi was with his heels almost on the ledge. He was bewildered, and had nowhere to run. He looked at Anakin, his face a mask of haunted sadness and slowly forming resignation.

"Anakin... So this is how it ends?" Anakin Skywalker advanced a step, his blade pointed at the unarmed, helpless Jedi. His face was unrelenting. It was doubtful he had even heard Obi-Wan clearly.

"An eye for an eye, and a life for the one you stole from me!" The younger knight stabbed forward, to pierce Obi-Wan's heart. But Obi burst into action, catching Anakin's swordarm and driving his palm behind the young man's neck, totally throwing him forward.

With a cry of disbelief mixed with sheer outrage, Anakin pitched forward, while Obi-Wan used his own momentum against him, sending him reeling into the dark abyss below. It too was poetic, as Anakin was lost to the darkness, never to return. Obi-Wan fell to his knees, no longer able to support himself. Closing his eyes, he ran his hands shakily through his hair. It had to be done, he told himself. Had to. And he told himself that as he sat there by the pit in that retched Korriban cave. The cave that was the entrace to the tomb of the late Ludo Kressh... Here, redemption was an act of one's self rather than the love of another, and Anakin Skywalker had chosen the darkness.

----------------------------------------

In the main chamber Yoda and Sidious raged, but after the initial exchanges, Sidious was now on the defensive. Yoda, despite the darkness radiating in this foul place, was like one with the Force, an unstoppable machine capable of hitting Sidious three times to the Sith lord's one. Their sabers cracked, back and forth, although it was the dark lord who was giving ground. Not that ground mattered, since Yoda could easily manuever himself to the sith's side and attack from there. He began to switch up his routine from Far Sun Rising (consisting of midrange, waist level attacks) to Sarlaac Hunting, which was a low-hitting stance that was heavy on spins and position changes. In short, fighting Yoda was like trying to hit a fly with a two foot toothpick.

For his part, Mace was faring nowhere near as splendid. The jedi master was able to take the fight to Dooku, despite the cramped conditions of the hallway by launching a series of twists and stabs. But Dooku was not in the least intimidated by Mace's erratic style, and he eeasily fended off all of the attacks. He gave ground, but never the advantage, and he often counterattacked with extreme precision, causing Mace to back up to avoid shortening his life or anything else.

"Well done, Master Windu. You have proven to be quite a good sport. A pity I must end this, as I can't allow Master Yoda to destroy my master. You see, we still have much work to be done."

Mace was undaunted by the implied threat, and he replied in between swings, his voice heated. "I can't allow you to do that, Dooku! If this ends here, it ends with me taking you out!" And he charged forward, heedless of his own safety. Dooku snarled and his hand came forward, a burst of Sith lightning streaming forward at the approaching Jedi master. The burst hit Mace only partially, as he barely managed to get his blade up in time to deflect some of the blast. He staggered, and held his blade up, until the count gave a pause.

"So you are not so stupid as to charge blindly, are you, Master Windu? Now that you have seen my power you must know you cannot stand against me." Mace, still stunned from the assault, merely panted, sweat starting to cover his neck and face. He was only vaguely aware of Dooku's next words, coming forth as sweet and fluid as honey. "You don't have to die here, now. You don't have to let the Sith win. You can join me. Together we can work to preserve the Republic while undermining the dark lord's strangle hold on the galaxy! Mace... my old friend... don't throw your life away needlessly. There are other ways to achieve victory."

Mace, breathing heavily, would hear none of it. He squared himself and stood straight, looking the formidable count in the eye as best he could. "My answer is no." He replied calmly, and then reached out in the Force, extending his hand, to send the Count flying backwards.

(More when I'm not at work with people calling every goddamn minute... )

Great work...and just what do you do for work?

Admiral Akbar
So far so good. Story is very smooth, nice details.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by darthrevan89
Great work...and just what do you do for work?

Call center. I book tickets but I swear most people call just for information and to piss us off.

Darth_Janus
(Let's try this again)

Dooku flipped back into a standing position, his face suddenly the face of rage personified. The indignity of being shoved around like some child... The Count of Serreno came up scowling, snarling. He clicked his blade off, standing there still unarmed. Mace, confused, edged forward slightly. The Count, breathing heavily from barely contained anger, spoke to him:

"You have forsaken my trust and my protection, Master Windu. It is a shame that I will be forced to kill you. I know Yoda always spoke very highly of you... It is again a shame to have to obliterate you right here, right now."

Mace came forward, slow steps. "You're wrong. I'll defeat you. You have already lost." He was within ten feet of Dooku when the count suddenly laughed.

"No my old friend... It is -you- who has already lost." And with that he reached out with the Force, to the hallway wall beside Mace. The weakened stone split under the dark lord's power, and it started to rip loose. Mace turned and shut off his lightsaber, quickly clipping it to his belt while trying to maintain his own concentration, trying to block Dooku's attempt to literally squish him. For a moment, they were seemingly at a standstill. Then, Dooku's face twisted in rage, and he unleashed more of his power in that moment, causing a large portion of the wall to rip forth and oveerwhelm Mace Windu. The Jedi master was thrown back by the wave, and then covered from the waist down with fallen rock. His lightsaber was beyond his grasp, and he was in immense pain.

Count Dooku laughed, having finally triumphed over his opponent. He walked forward calmly, igniting his red blade again. "Farewell, my old friend. Don't worry; Master Yoda will be joining you shortly, as will Master Kenobi." Mace, nearly mad with pain and helpless as a flipped bantha, cried out in frustration and denial.

In the main chamber, things had gone badly for Sidious. Yoda had beaten him into a corner, and was working to pierce his defense. The swordplay of the ancient Jedi master was simply breathtaking, and Sidious was truly worried for his own fate. It was such a preoccupation that left him totally unprepared for when Yoda suddenly kicked his lightsaber out of his hand. The old jedi master than Force shoved Sidious onto the ground, and stood over him with his green saber shining in the dark. It was evident that Yoda would not consider to simply capture this one... Even Yoda would not be so kind as to assume Sidious was capable of redemption. The small jedi master raised his arm, prepared to end the Sith threat at its source when Mace's cry split the air.

Sidious laughed in Yoda's face. "What will you do, Jedi? Will you slay me and let your student die, or run off to save his pathetic, worthless life?" The Sith lord was openly jovial now, as though that simple cry had released him from his cornered, saber-to-the-neck state.

Yoda, clearly torn, looked from the direction of the shout back to Sidious. "Finish this again, we shall, Darth Sidious. And defeat you again, I will." With that he bounded off, using the Force to propel himself back to where Mace lay buried and at Dooku's mercy in the hallway. The dark lord, freed from Yoda's wrath, chuckled and stood, running off in the direction of an opposite hallway, fully intent on leaving to live another day.

Yoda had entered the hallway to find Mace trapped and saberless, with Dooku standing over him to land the deathblow. His weary, aged face became what was the closest to anger and disappointment that any who have ever lived might have seen on the old master's face. His words rang clear in the hallway, echoing off of the old ruined stone, and they were quite enough to stay Dooku's hand.

"A jedi you are, no longer, -Count- Dooku!"

The old former jedi turned to regard his old master, and his face was in shock, as though Yoda had slapped him. He quickly regained his composure, however, and replaced the look with one of confidence. His reply was cold, cut, and full of vieled hate.

"You were never fit to have power, my old master. I have outclassed you once, and I shall do it again..." He raised his saber as though he meant to ready himself, but instead quickly reversed the direction and stabbed downward, piercing Mace Windu's chest. The result was immediate: Yoda was the one now in shock. With his free hand, Dooku unleashed his lightning at Yoda, and the small jedi master was sent flying backwards, totally caught off guard. Deciding that this fight was long overdue, Dooku walked slowly towards his old master, his saber glowing red like the blood he had spilled on this day.

"Now, I shall destroy you and become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, my old master."

In reply, Yoda's saber flashed on, its green a stark contrast to Dooku's red.

(More on this when I get home... )

Darth_Janus
Finally read Jedi musicna's story... excellent! Please finish it up

SnakeEyes
Man, I've been reading your story Janus... You goota finish it!

Darth Windu
I second that!

Darth_Janus
Will do... tonight, it should be finished... unless I make another twist in the storyline... I really let the story itself guide the path... I don't preplan how everything goes.

Darth Windu
Doesn't matter so much how you do it to me, as long as you keep up the good work.

Darth_Janus
It was some time before Obi-Wan was stirred from his kneeling position by the pit where he had lost his apprentice and, to some point, his faith. But over the feelings of despair and sorrow came a shock to the jedi, a tremor that threatened to shatter his Force senses and at the same time crept up his spine like a Darthomir cavern spider. He was on his feet immediate, reaching for the blade that was no longer at his side, for he knew. Mace Windu, his friend and occassional teacher, was dead. How had this happened? How? First the Clone Wars. The death of his old master, Qui-gon... Anakin's betrayal. Now this. For perhaps the first time in his life, Obi-Wan Kenobi wanted revenge on whoever had done all this. He wanted vengeance... He wanted to feel Sidious' bones crack beneath his hands... He...

He had to get a grip on himself. This foul place was polluting his mind. He shook his head, and began to walk back from the direction he came, towards the cavern entrance. Only to find it disappeared. In its place was an ancient door, covered in cuneiform that was distinctly well preserved and obviously Sith in nature. He turned again, and scanned for any trickery, or perhaps an assassin. But there was only the cold, empty air of the cave. His eyes did see another way out, however. Another door similar to the one that had appeared was located across from him, on the opposite side of the pit. This door was old too, but it showed more wear. Specifically, it looked as though someone had forced it open. The feeling of urgency was overriding his natural confusiona nd concern, and he ran to the door. After a moment's hesitation, he crawled inside, to find himself in a clearly unnatural tunnel.

"What's this?" He spoke to himself, nearly cringing when he heard his voice echo endlessly throughout the length of the tunnel. Not waiting for a reply, he ran farther down the temple. The feeling that he needed to make haste and find the surface prodded him on, and he ran down, to find a t-shaped room, outlets on two sides. He remembered hearing an old phrase that a sentient often chooses their dominant hand-side when confronted with a choice. He decided to ignore that stereotype and headed left. This took him through another tunnel, and in turn to another t-shaped room. He worked his way through the Sith tomb, which was unbeknowest to him the tomb of the late Ludo Kressh, and finally came to a sloped tunnel. Here he gave pause, and advanced slowly, suddenly very much on alert. The darkside was stronger here than he had ever felt in his life. He nearly gagged from the initial sensation. Finally, he overcame the sense of revulsion and moved on, coming into a chamber some thirty meters down.

This room suddenly solved the riddle for Obi-Wan, with the opened tomb before him, and the body of some humanlike sentient that was ravaged by time and mistreatment. A voice reached Obi-Wan's ears as he stood there in the doorway, examining everything for an exit.

"Go back from where you came, my padawan." Came the voice. A familiar voice that he hadn't heard in thirteen years. "Only the dead remain here."

From behind the central pillar came the figure of Qui-gon Jinn, late Jedi master and the mentor of Kenobi. He looked well except for a single wound in his midsection- the burn of a lightsaber. Naturally, Obi-Wan was speechless.

"So you have no words of welcome for me, my padawan? Has it been so long that you no longer respect my ways? That you no longer respect my wishes?" The spectre echoed.

Obi-Wan shook himself, and took a step back as the shade of Qui-Gon came forward a few feet. "Qui-Gon... It can't be... You're..."

"I'm quite well aware of what I am, padawan. No thanks to you, of course." The late jedi master's face came into the dismal light of the chamber, and it was then that Obi-Wan was confronted with the reality of the situation. This vision of Qui-Gon Jinn was very much not his master... The face was fleshless, and shimmering bone replaced the once-kind face of his old master. Fleshless hands grasped for the rusted lightsaber at the spectre's side, pushing past robes that were rotten through in places.

"No, never... I... what are you?"

The spectre came to a stop, and ignited the lightsaber, which glowed a dull green, as though the light protested being in this dark, evil place. "I am dead. And now you have gone back on my teachings and destroyed young Skywalker, who was our only hope!" The voice grew in strength and pitch. "Now he is gone! How will we defend ourselves from the Sith? You have thrown away the galaxy's last chance for peace! Now, you will pay for that mistake with your life!" And it leaped forward, saber moving like a blur.

But Obi-Wan had nothing to defend himself with. He ducked quickly, the spectral lightsaber surprisingly real as it singed the hood of his robe. He rolled to the side, and looked about for something -anything- to use as a weapon. The shade of Qui-gon slashed again, and Kenobi went into another combat roll, coming up with his back against a statue in the corner. The shade faded out suddenly, and Obi-Wan braced himself, backing against the statue. His hand behind him hit a cold, sharp surface, but before he could react the shade reappeared right before him, lightsaber raised for the killing cleave. His hand grabbed the object behind him, and he brought it about, to find he was holding an ancient sword by the blade. But that was the farthest thing from his immediate thoughts as the lightsaber of Qui-Gon decended, and he brought the blade up quickly, holding the blade flat against his palm and his other hand on the hilt, absorbing the downward blow. There was a spark, followed by a low hiss as the shade's weapon connected with the ancient sword.

Obi-Wan wasted no time. He grabbed the sword by the handle and struck, his swipe aimed at disarming the spectre and severing its boney swordarm.

But the Sith blade passed through harmlessly, and as Obi-Wan watched, the shade of Qui-Gon Jinn began to fade. Before it disappeared entirely, it spoke once, a voice barely heard above the jedi's beating heart...

"Remember always my lessons to you, my apprentice. Never give up hope, and never let the darkness consume you, or you have already lost."

The jedi looked down to find his hands covered in his own blood, and to see the ancient blade gleaming in the partial light. Finally, he looked up to see a doorway slide open before him, opposite of the direction from which he had entered. And a figure slipped into the room from the doorway, robed and walking briskly. It wasn't until they were a few feet away that Sidious looked up, stunned, to see Obi-Wan Kenobi standing where he had posted his new apprentice and his escape route. Obi-Wan Kenobi, who was standing there with bloodied hands an clutching an enchanted sith blade.

Darth Windu
Awesome. Awesome, awesome, awesome. No other words.

Darth_Janus
Woo... I like this story. I had no intention of letting it get this big... alright, on to Dooku and Yoda... lol

Darth Windu
NOOO!!! IT MUST CONTINUE!!!!!! PWN3AGE!!!!

Darth_Janus
Whereas Sidious and Yoda had fought as opposing sides in this spiritual war, Dooku and Yoda fought heatedly. Dooku was no stranger to Yoda's methods in combat, having fought the ancient jedi master nearly three years ago. Since that encounter, Dooku regretted having to abandon the fight, to abandon his one chance to prove himself- or so he thought. But now, he could show Yoda once and for all just how powerful he had become. How he was the prodigy and the chosen one, and not this fool SKywalker. He would show them all that he had not earned his wealth and his title by birthright alone, and that he had not been a legendary member of the Order by being weak.

Yoda, for his part, was not fighting is old apprentice. He was fighting his enemy and an enemy of the Order. He had held hope that Dooku could be redeemed, that Dooku was not truly evil. But the cold murder of Mace Windu was proof enough that that was not the case. Thus, the old jedi master had no reservations in this battle. He gave it his all.

And the display was hypnotic in its fluidity and ease, as the red and green sabers clashed and struck, and as Yoda spun and flipped about Dooku while the taller count parried and swung, never really moving from his central position in the room. Whereas the duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin had been halfhearted on the part of the elder jedi, between Dooku and Yoda there was only one outcome- the other's utter defeat.

The routine stopped when a fortunate swipe by Dooku took his master's overextended arm from his body, just below the elbow. Despite the pain and shock he must have felt, Yoda reacted immediately, using a Force push to shove Dooku back. As the count slammed into the opposite wall, Yoda fell to his knees, clutching his new wound. This wound hurt so little compared to the hurt inside. His old apprentice was capable of murder, of trechery... and of killing his old master all in the name of power. Another thing dawned on the old jedi- he was too old for this. His breath was coming in gasps. Fighting Sidious had been more than he was used to, and fighting Dooku in that heated battle had nearly done him in.

"Dooku...." Came his voice, shaky through the pain. "What have you done?"

The Sith lord Dooku answered with a blast of Sith lightning, the wave coming across at Yoda, threatening to destroy him. But Yoda held up his one remaining hand, and caught the wave. A new battle had begun, as Yoda, panting and hurting, fought to repel Dooku's force assault...

--------------------------------------------------

"You!" Obi-Wan moved forward, his Sith blade at ready. Sidious, nonplussed at seeing Kenobi here, merely snarled in response.

"Stupid jedi! Do you not know when to die?! I suppose you destroyed young Skywalker, did you? Well, it will avail you not... Windu is dead, and Dooku is more than capable enough to defeat your precious master Yoda..." Sidious brought his hands up, and unleashed his hellish wave of lightning at Obi-Wan.

But the sith blade flashed in the dim light, and the lightning was caught by the blade, only to flash and disappear. Sidious dropped his hands, awestruck that his infamous lightning had no affect on the young jedi. Obi-Wan had not even staggered under the attack.

The jedi himself was just as surprised, but unlike Sidious he was not thinking about fleeing. He was thinking about revenge...

He came launching forward, his newly acquired sword streaking downward in a blow to end the Sith lord's life. Sidious' red lightsaber flashed to life, and came up to meet the attack. But Obi-wan's weight and the weight behind the sword met the resistance, and Sidious staggered. The jedi master went on into a rage-filled frenzy, the sith blade hitting at Sidious left and right. The Sith lord, surprised and offguard, could barely meet each blow as it came. The sword was like a living enemy itself, battering against Sidious' defense and with each strike the feeling of despair crept into his black heart. Finally, Obi-Wan extended himself too far, and Sidious Force shoved him back hard, slamming the jedi into a far wall.

"This has gone on long enough! I shall destroy you now!" He brought his saber to bear, but then the room was rocked by an enormous wave. The Sith lord was thrown off balance, and he fell promptly on the floor. When the massive quake had abated, Obi-wan was apparently unconscious.

Sidious was heavily debating on killing the jedi right then and there. But he did not want to risk staying in this retched tomb any longer. From the sounds above, Dooku and Yoda were plotting to bring the place down around their ears. Hissing in anger, he backed out of the doorway leading out to the cave, and he unleashed a wave of lightning, bringing down the ceiling to seal the entrance behind him. He needed to leave before things got any more out of hand then they already were...

(More later)

Darth_Janus
Yoda was buckling under the strain of the lightning, but hekept his one hand up, holding off the assault. His toe claws were digging into the hard stone of the floor. Dooku... He had never seen Dooku like this. The former jedi was straining himself, his face lathered in sweat, a mask of concentration. He was loosing lightning from both hands with great effect. And Yoda could feel his anger. But he would not give up.

"Why do you persist?!" The count cried over the din. "Why don't you just surrender?! I have beaten you!"

Yoda managed a slight smirk, and spoke in between gasps. "Much to learn... you still.... have..."

"Impossible! I have surpassed all the jedi! Even you!" Dooku snarled, and his anger flowed more into his assault. Yoda was pushed back up against the wall, still barely holding off the wave with his one hand.

"Dooku... This ends... here!" And then Yoda shoved forward, unleashing his own wave of power... A variation of lightning. It was something Yoda had sworn never to use in battle, or at all, for that matter. But he had made up his mind- he was still needed. Dooku was a Sith and he would work against the Order and harmony so long as he existed. It was a final measure, and it had to be done.

"What?!" Dooku's anger faltered as his old master loosed his own wave of lightning, pushing the center of balance back into the middle. The count had never seen anything like it before... Suddenly those old fears, those old insecurities crept into his mind. Perhaps Yoda had fooled him into showing his full measure, only to stomp him out like a candle. It was the beauty of the darkside, in that it grants power at the expense of one's own rational mind. Dooku became convinced that Yoda was toying with him. Little did he know that Yoda was on the verge of defeat.

But nonetheless, Dooku's concentration and power waned, and the wave of lightning slowly pushed its way back towards him. Master Yoda was now leaning forward, almost like shoving something before him, as he fought Dooku's power. Finally, the count realized he would be destroyed, and he summoned up the last ember of his anger, unleashing his lightning again. For a second, it held the advance of Yoda's own. But then, something happened that neither had expected... The energy crackled, and then exploded, sending waves of pressure everywhere. Yoda was sent flying back into the wall, as was Dooku opposite of him. The ground shook, the ceiling cracked, and sunlight peeked through the lines. The center of the room was scortched black, as though it had been roasted over the sun itself.

Count Dooku was the first to stand, although shakily. He was staggering like a drunk, his body drained from such full use of the Force. The fight had taken everything from him, and he cursed as he made his way down the hallway, past the body of Mace Windu, and out into the desert where his ship was landed. Yoda did not stop him, for the old master was crumpled up in the room, barely breathing, unconcious. As he sat in his chair, adjusting the controls of his small ship with twtiching hands, he realized that for the first time his arrogance had nearly been the death of him. And that thought stayed with him as he ascended into the atmosphere, engaging his cloaking device so he could slip past the approaching Republic fleet.

-----------------------------------------------------

Yoda opened his eyes to find Obi-Wan, covered in dust, leaning over him. Obi-Wan had found the main chamber via Sidious' little escape route, and he came across Yoda. Picking the old master up, Obi-Wan said nothing. His heart was heavy, for the loss today had been great. Perhaps far greater than he had ever expected.

Smiling weakly, Yoda patted him on the shoulder. "Worry not... about me, Obi-Wan... Live... I shall. But quickly... we must act. Or all else... is... lost." And he lapsed back into unconsciousness. Kenobi bowed his head, and made his way out of the entrance. The ship was a long distance from them, and the walk was silent, haunting. Korriban had changed them, and not for the better....

-------------------------------------

The sith lord was down on one knee, peering into the pitch black that seemed to flow out from the pit in the cave. He could feel Skywalker down there, somewhere. The young man had fallen, yes. But he was still alive. Ah, and there he was- clutching to a ledge with his artificial arm. Hatred for the Jedi and for Kenobi rolled off of him in tangible waves. But he was battered from his fall, and would need medical attention soon.

Sidious smiled to himself. So he had not lost Skywalker after all. If anything, he had gained through this misadventure. Anakin had passed his first trial... Dooku had slain Mace and probably mortally wounded Yoda. And he now had a wonderful Sith sword to add to his collection...

(FIN)

Darth Windu
Lol. . . nice. But you killed off Mace? MACE?! And all the Sith lived?! LUKE PWN3DS!!!

Darth Windu
And so does your story. Masterfully done.

Darth_Janus
Thank you. And yes, Mace dying is kinda irksome... But it was part of "dramatic neccessity".

Darth Somebody
Holy -censor-.

You have Obi-Wan almost beating Sidious...wow Janus. Where the HELL did that logic come from?

Edit: Lol nevermind. I apologize. I read where you said Obi-Wan could not singularly take Dooku or Sidious. I am relieved. Sidious and Yoda are the most powerful in the Force. And Dooku and Yoda are the best duelists. And Obi-Wan and Mace and Anakin are...uh...well...um...

Anyways. You did it once again. I shall beat ye, Lord of Jawas. mad

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Holy -censor-.

You have Obi-Wan almost beating Sidious...wow Janus. Where the HELL did that logic come from?

Edit: Nevermind. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you wouldn't dare think Obi-Wan and Sidious to be equals - merely that the Sith sword evened it all. But tread lightly, Janus. Sidious would pwn Obi Wan. And you know it.

But other than that, you wrote it very well. Linguistics, sentence structure, and all of the grammatical intracacies are well written and designed. You did well. Very well.

Relax... It was a combination of surprise, the sith weapon, and anger that gave Obi-wan the advantage...

Darth_Janus
bump

Nai Fohl
Nice work, Janus.

I don't think I can compete with your story but I will post my own version of that fight when I will ever have the time to finish it. wink

Darth_Janus
Thanks. You ah, too busy for storytime, Nai? Hell, if I was in school right now I wouldn't have time to wipe my ass, let alone post all this in under a year.

Darth Windu
I've actually never seen a story from Nai. . . .

Darth_Janus
Me either, although some of his posts are long enough to copyright.

Darth Windu
Lol. My thoughts exactly. You could write a damn book out of that stuff.

Darth_Janus
Man, i am digging this new sig. Is it nice or is it just me?

Darth Windu
It's cool. but Luke PWN3DS!!!!!!!LOLOLKLO@##@!!1!111!hax00r!!LOl!!!

Just kidding. It's, er, new. now that I think about it, it looks unique in some way.

Darth_Janus
Well, I took three pics of Obi-Wan, ran them through Adobe ImageReady and blended them, and then added a nice blue overtone. I love it.

But you're right..

LUKE PNWZ@@@@!!!!

Nai Fohl
Thanks. You ah, too busy for storytime, Nai? Hell, if I was in school right now I wouldn't have time to wipe my ass, let alone post all this in under a year.

Ah well...too busy...hmm...no. I've just begun to write a story about this but I don't get the opportunity to finish it since I'm having some homework to write (an essay about Schiller - his biography and the effect on his work), work, write side long posts why Ragnos would defeat Revan and (just for fun) a book. And all kind of people keep disturbing me during day time. That's the reason I'm posting here at 3.50 a.m (local time) wink

Darth_Janus
Damn... Get some sleep, man. That's gonna take it's toll on you after awhile.

Darth Windu
Totally. Horrible for your health.

Nai Fohl
Well...If I get more than 5 or 6 hours of sleep I stay sleepy the entire next day.

Darth_Janus
I can understand that actually. I'm kinda the same way.

Master Tyvokka
I think you understimate Windu... i think he could easily defeat Dooku and then aid Yoda with Sidious. both masters will defeat palpatine and aid Kenobi with the fallen one

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Master Tyvokka
I think you understimate Windu... i think he could easily defeat Dooku and then aid Yoda with Sidious. both masters will defeat palpatine and aid Kenobi with the fallen one

And I think, given the situation, Dooku could beat Mace as it happened. There. We're even.

SnakeEyes
Great story! I wanted Dooku to bite the dust though... It leaves room for a Janus sequel though huh?

Darth_Janus
That was the plan, kinda... lol... Definately. But I let it go sour because it has that prequel cliffhanger taste to it.

Darth_Janus
Whoa... am I the only one who caught Obi-Wan calling Sidious the Emperor despite the fact that he shouldn't even know that an empire was even considered? (Episode III... right after Obi watches the jedi temple recordings)

SnakeEyes
Somebody else caught it in the Episode Three Forum I think...

Darth_Janus
I wouldn't doubt it. Yoda does it later, although his is a bit more believeable.

Darth_Janus
"What? You promised me amnesty!"

Dooku's words to Palpatine as Anakin had him kneeling, sabers to his throat.

Source? ROTS Storybook script...

Darth_Janus
Interesting thing is, it also has the Sidious versus Kit/Agen/Sassee/Mace fight totally rewritten, like it is in the novelisation.

Darth Windu
"What? You promised me amnesty!"

Dooku's words to Palpatine as Anakin had him kneeling, sabers to his throat.

Source? ROTS Storybook script...

Immunity.

Darth_Janus
Here ya go...

Darth_Janus
Viola...

Darth Windu
Danke very much.

Darth_Janus
Pimp. New sig is always refreshing.

Darth_Janus
bump.. This thread is much better than most others. It deserves to be seen.

Darth Faunus
I still haven't done my story. . .

Darth_Janus
No excuses! lol...

Darth Faunus
Hmm. I haven't really been in the mood lately, hence why I haven't made a story this month.

Darth_Janus
I haven't been in the mood either. Too damn tired.

Darth Faunus
Hmph. Life just plain sucks sometimes. . .

darthrevan89
Its the Jawa lazyness!

Darth Faunus
Stupid Ewok. . . by the way, I was playing Battlefront yesterday with my cousin; the Jawas on Tatooine: Mos Eisley repair your ships, and the Ewoks on Endor run around and blow up AT-ST's. . . Jawas pwn. . .

Darth_Janus
Yeah. Ewoks are like terrorists, while jawas are like immigrant auto repairmen.

Pwnage.

darthrevan89
Crap I'm out numbered!

DarthMaul9123
but jawa's are thieves and rip you off when they sell you stuff
and ewok are furry wookie midjets which means they are badasses

Darth Faunus
Ewok. . . Destroy him! Oooteenie!!

By the way revan89, looks like you have your first follower

Darth_Janus
2 versus... let's see... more than two.

PWN THEM!!!

Oooteenie!

Darth Faunus
Across the galaxy, the Exiled Jawa Lords raised their heads high, and answered the call of war. . . Oooteenie!

Darth_Janus
And thus democracy dies.... Not with a bang, but with a "Oooteenie!"

Darth Faunus
AH. .

"So this is how liberty dies; to thunderous 'Oooteenies!'"

STFU Noob!

Illustrious
Don't forget the Artoo beeps.

Darth Faunus
That's a given.

Nai Fohl
*juggles with Lightsabers*

"Look ! Ewoks !"

*jumps into battle and obliterates them, leaving back a burning landscape than blows up the planet they were living on*

"Hence the term wholesale destruction!"

By the way: If you take an Ewok and put salt and butter on it, it tastes like salty butter.

Darth_Janus
Beep, boop...

Illustrious
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
By the way: If you take an Ewok and put salt and butter on it, it tastes like salty butter.

Really?

You see, Artoo told me as much, but I couldn't be sure until you said so.

Darth Faunus
And of course, the famed Astromech scream. . .

Darth_Janus
Artoo would dabble in the feasts of lesser creatures?

BLASPHEMY!!

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Illustrious
Really?

You see, Artoo told me as much, but I couldn't be sure until you said so.

Yes. I once crashed into Endor and well...

Those Ewoks may be evil, they may be ugly but when it comes to poetry in motion those things have all the grace and coordination of a deck-chair so you can easily hunt them down and eat them. But only with salt and butter ! Or Ketchup. An Ewok with Ketchup on it tastes like Ketchup ! It's really strange...

Darth_Janus
But they're so DIRTY...

Nai Fohl
But they're so DIRTY...

Well...first you have to remove their skin and then you cook them in boiling water and then...

...you wait until they die just to eat them ! stick out tongue

Illustrious
Artoo would dabble in the feasts of lesser creatures?

BLASPHEMY!!

Artoo's EFFIGY will dabble in the feasts of lesser creatures. Artoo himself is a formless, ultraomnipotent, god being!

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Ewok. . . Destroy him! Oooteenie!!

By the way revan89, looks like you have your first follower

theres a first time for everything

Darth_Janus
And a last time.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>