Grevious Vs Qui-Gon -=LightSaber Only=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lil Krueger
Setting is in the same place where Obi-Wan fought Grevious.

Darth_Janus
Meh... If Qui-Gon absolutely didn't use the Force, he would probably be destroyed by Grievous just because his defense is so poor.

Baston Alveron
gevious much stronger attacks and faster

Darth Calladus
i say grievous cuz he is more aggresive like maul was

JediMusician
Grievous would win in this set up.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Darth Calladus
i say grievous cuz he is more aggresive like maul was

So what, thats no reason. Agrresivness has nothing to do with it, take the Obi wan vs Anakin fight. A smart fight is the way to go. eek!

Kam Solusar
Qui gon, obi wan did it easily but greivus ran off. y cant qui gon do the same?

Darth Calladus
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
So what, thats no reason. Agrresivness has nothing to do with it, take the Obi wan vs Anakin fight. A smart fight is the way to go. eek! actually it does being agressive in a fight wuld really tip the odds in your favor.why do you thinks grievous was able to kill off some many jedi and masters. cuz he was agressive he didnt give those bitches time to think. its obvious you have never been in a fight urself.

or have you? laughing

Admiral Akbar
actually it does being agressive in a fight wuld really tip the odds in your favor.why do you thinks grievous was able to kill off some many jedi and masters. cuz he was agressive he didnt give those bitches time to think. its obvious you have never been in a fight urself.

or have you? laughing

I have been ,and i fought smart not aggresive, and i owned the guy, so think twice b4 u post something. Anakin fought aggresive and he had his body parts strewn up on Mustafar. Now,

JediMusician
Originally posted by Kam Solusar
Qui gon, obi wan did it easily but greivus ran off. y cant qui gon do the same?

Kam has been my ally in the past, so I hesitate; but this thread says lightsaber only. Obi-Wan needed the Force throw to knock Greivous off balance at one point. (When Greivous was down to two sabers, and said something like "I will be your doom!"wink

Kam Solusar
Agreed, however qui gon was even more tactical than obiwan and he destroyed 2 sabers using simple tactics. surely qui gon would do the same or some advanced tactics to win this. (unless greivous ran off again)

Darth Calladus
lmao ohhhhhhh you "owned him" so how big was he. huh? lol

look you can fight smart and that might help but being agressive in a fight is a larger factor.

yoda was being agressive against count dooku and gave him a "run" for this money

Maul was being agressive and killed qui gon

obi wan was being agressive on maul and gave him a run for his money

mace was being argressive on sidious

grievous is flat out agressive

vader is agressive on bespin

as you can see it is plain obvoius that being agressive can do you well in a fight.

Dr. Obliterator
i h8te lil krueger's thread, but since im bored...ill just go to em

Admiral Akbar
lmao ohhhhhhh you "owned him" so how big was he. huh? lol

look you can fight smart and that might help but being agressive in a fight is a larger factor.

yoda was being agressive against count dooku and gave him a "run" for this money

Maul was being agressive and killed qui gon

obi wan was being agressive on maul and gave him a run for his money

mace was being argressive on sidious

grievous is flat out agressive

vader is agressive on bespin

as you can see it is plain obvoius that being agressive can do you well in a fight.

ROFL! he gave Dooku the run? Dooku had important plans with him, of cours ehe had to leave, same reason yoda dident continue the fight against sids.
Maul is better than Qui Gon, my friend. ANd Jinn has a very poor defense. Jinn IMO is not hero fighter, he was a peace maker.
OBi Wan was not aggresive, his masters death gave him a boost of determination. IF you fight to agrresive you make mistakes, especiialy with a lightsaber. Obi wan got lucky when he cut Maul's saber in half.
MAce is aggresive due to his style. He is exceptional. Plus, Samuel L. Jackson could kick SId's ass anywayz big grin

Grevious, is not aggresive, he does nothing but spin is lightsaber around, which makes his attacks hit harder and faster. Its not him. Its

Admiral Akbar
his mega arms.. Vader!! Aggresive. He is just cruel and evil, ive never seen him fight aggresively. Oh and force choke is considered evil not aggresive.

Yes, it does well at most times, but a lot of the times it fails to do its job.

Admiral Akbar

Darth Windu
He's aggressive. Period. He uses "fear and intimidation, along with the element of surprise." Which is why he lost to Kenobi; he had none of them. And that is why he could own all the Jedi so easily. He had the drop on them (literally), and his Unorthodox style and blends couple with his circuitry and programming helped him to use these qualities to their max.

Darth Calladus
Eactly being agressive helps greatly.

and i forgot to throw down another example maul and qui gon on tattoine, he had the drop on him and he was agressive also to note maul is a better fighter.but evryone knows that

and i think you need to watch the episode 1 duel again and regardless of why he ran yoda was being agressive on him. Dooku is my fav chracter, i wuldnt just knock him to prove a point.

Darth Calladus
sigh............more pics huh

Darth_Janus
lol...

Damarus
General Grievous would win.1.General Grievous could get out his 4 lightsabers.2.While hes clashing with 2 lightsabers against Qui-Gonns lightsaber,Grievous would get his other 2 sabers out and stab Qui-Gonn while Qui-Gonn is clashing with Grievous.(clashing means when 1 saber is pushing against another saber,works with 2 sabers as well).

Darth_Janus
I see your name is Boba Fetts partner. How long have you been gay?

Admiral Akbar
We all know wth clashing means. Anyway, Jinn wins because i hate GG and he is a cheap fighter ans sucks, and..... im serious!
No really, GG wins, he has more than one saber and Jinn has a poor defense.

Darth Windu
Number of sabers doesn't matter; but Jinn gets whooped, bad.

MAKASHIMAN
actually it does being agressive in a fight wuld really tip the odds in your favor.why do you thinks grievous was able to kill off some many jedi and masters. cuz he was agressive he didnt give those bitches time to think. its obvious you have never been in a fight urself.

or have you? laughing

I have fought many times and won by playing smart and defensive. Being aggressive uses all your energy and when your opponent switches to the offense your screwed because your too tired to defend yourself. Best bet is to play a good mix between offense and defense. Oh yeah...Grievous.

Darth Calladus
well i never said agressive was the only way. i jus said it helps greatly. and fighting agressively isnt just charging at somone. when you attack somone you go at em hard and fast but not the whole fight. ur right it tires you down. you guys misunderstand me. fighting smart is good better then being aressive ill admit but being agressive helps also.

Darth Calladus
well that was my last post in the star wars threads.

peace out yall im gonna go chill in the sports and music forums.

ps: no hard feelings Ackbar smile

Darth Calladus
well that was my last post in the star wars threads. star wars is cool but im not that serious about it.

peace out yall im gonna go chill in the sports and music forums.

ps: no hard feelings Ackbar smile ooops reposted sorry

MAKASHIMAN
Misunderstanding is an infectous disease around here.....but yeah now that you explain your statement I agree being aggressive in a fight does help but not 24/7 I mean look what happened to Jinn........

Darth L. Dipsit
I think that, when sparring, what I finds works best is to put my efforts totally into defense until I learn the tactics of my opponent and then attack according to any vulnerabilities that I uncover from their attack pattern. So a combination of both, I think, in a fight with mental and physical factors, seems to work best for me (I can't in all confidence attack someone without learning how they work first). This is only an opinion - both characters would probably use their own tactics, superior to mine. Sorry if that statement seemed pointless, but I thought I would try to contribute my take.

Darth Calladus
well heres my whole stradegy for fighting. well i wuld examine how the have there fist up. and hopefully if ur fighting somone u gotta an intimidation factor. but to me fighting seems kinda simple. i wuld like duck and doge and then swing at the same time. and then go hard and fast at em a few times.

xxxpoppunker182
i'd say GG wins cause IMO Qui-Gon is more of a force user not a greatly skilled lightsaber duelist.

JubilleeIsCOOL
Originally posted by Kam Solusar
Agreed, however qui gon was even more tactical than obiwan and he destroyed 2 sabers using simple tactics. surely qui gon would do the same or some advanced tactics to win this. (unless greivous ran off again)

I think Qui Gon would win because he trained Obi Wan Kenobi smokin'

Arbiter
Qui-Gon's defense is poor so I will have to go with Grievous.

Darth Windu
Jinn's owned. I'd probably put him as of TPM on Ki-Adi-Mundi's level, and although Grievous used the factors of fear, intimidation, and surprise to the fullest in their battle (which involved five or six other Jedi) I wouldn't give Ki my vote in a fight playing out the way Obi-Wan vs. Grievous did.

Darth_Janus
Dipsit's right... The key to winning a fight is a balance of defense followed by offense at the proper time. If someone's defense is good enough they can exploit any weakness in an opponent when it is exposed. (Think Obi versus Anakin in ROTS) Also, famous duellist and swordsman Musashi was known for spending his routine searching for weaknesses as opposed to unleashing a flurry of strikes on an opponent.

Darth Windu
Which is why Obi-Wan beat him so miserably. But can anyone here say that Jinn could pull off the same trick?

darthsith19
Grievous

Darth Sparhawk
Grievous, easily.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by darthsith19
Grievous

Thanks for your couple of words worth of input. We couldn't have eneded this debate without it.

darthsith19
Shut the **** up, Janus. If all your going to do is complain then just leave.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by darthsith19
Shut the **** up, Janus. If all your going to do is complain then just leave.

No. no, I think I'll stay. But thanks for trying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.