Star wars galaxies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Baston Alveron
Star wars galaxies is da bomb lets talk about it and bring our thoughts to the table

tomcat

exanda kane
It's brilliant, but I need a new video card because everyones faces are blue and it disconnects me evertime I use the shuttle; and my subscription ran out yesterday sad.
Galaxy = Sunrunner
Character = Exanda kane, Human Smuggler

LordSorgo
I had a Dark Jedi Zabrak on that game, but i got tired of it. It took me a year to get to be a Jedi, and when i did, i couldn't go anywhere without getting constantly badgered....

GM Nebaris
This game is awesome, so I thought I'd bump it.

kamikz
Really? I don't find the fun in it anymore..... I hate the CU.....

GM Nebaris
I only just started playing it. I'm already a level 30 jedi.

Lord Saboteur
Galaxies and every other MMORPG.. can burn.

GM Nebaris
Man this game is so cool, I have grown so powerful that I can defeat the overseer's pet in one single blow (the BIG creature). I also just totally burned this user called donte.

kamikz
Originally posted by GM Nebaris
I only just started playing it. I'm already a level 30 jedi.

Oh...Well in that case I don't blame you, if you had played before the CU I doubt you would find it fun though....

What level are you now. (Today)

GM Nebaris
31, very close to 32.

exanda kane
The games still fun and playable, sadly the community has gone to hell with all the elitism crap of the Jedi profession. SWG is like a victim of the PT, the game is crippled under all those that watched it who want to become Anakin, leaving the game rather bland and un-diverse.

GM Nebaris
I agree, the amount of jedi is unrealistic.

Darth Kreiger
The game is actually the best game idea in Theory, but they hired a horrible company, known for bad games, create it. I guess Lucasarts had to keep a tradition of bad/buggy games

exanda kane
SOE are actually a semi-decent company when it comes down to it, the customer service has always been unreliable though. SOE created a great game with the Pre-CU environment, and even the aftermath of the CU was a great game, but it was actually Lucas Arts involvement and there argument that certain loved classes like Creature Handler, Scout and Bio Engineer were not "iconic" enough for a Star Wars game. And I love sitting in a camp I had made myself overlooking the water falls of Theed.

OB1-adobe
To set the record straight:

Since the change-

What has gotten Better about it?

What has gotten worse?

kamikz

GM Nebaris
hmm... It seems we must have different versions. There are only like 9 professions on mine.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by exanda kane
The games still fun and playable, sadly the community has gone to hell with all the elitism crap of the Jedi profession. SWG is like a victim of the PT, the game is crippled under all those that watched it who want to become Anakin, leaving the game rather bland and un-diverse.

It's not fair to blame the PT. It IS fair to blame people who want to play in an OT setting yet insist on being Jedi, and also fair to blame those who made that possible.

GM Nebaris
What'd you expect. The jedi are the ultimate warrriors/protectors/peace keepers/investigators. I mean who wants to be a medic?

exanda kane
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It's not fair to blame the PT. It IS fair to blame people who want to play in an OT setting yet insist on being Jedi, and also fair to blame those who made that possible.

Sadly alot of them want to play in a KOTOR/PT setting, its been said many times before and there are many who would just go along with that as a necessary change.

I'm still a smuggler however, and in a few months with the smuggler revamp I'll finally be able to smuggle, I'm already knocking off the Bounty Hunters as they come knocking (unfortunately they shoot first).

kamikz
hmm... It seems we must have different versions. There are only like 9 professions on mine.

No, I'm talking about the game as it was before the Combat Upgrade and the new Updates. There were 32 professions back then....

HK69
SW galaxies is awesome. Me and Nebaris, best team ever.

exanda kane
Originally posted by HK69
SW galaxies is awesome. Me and Nebaris, best team ever.

Duel me on Chimeara then roll eyes (sarcastic)

big_gay_al
IM A JEDI

PEOPLE CALL ME A N00B BUT THEY SMELL LIKE A BANTHA POO

GM Nebaris
We've only got the free trial Exanda, otherwise we would. Out of curiosity, what level are you?

exanda kane
We've only got the free trial Exanda, otherwise we would. Out of curiosity, what level are you?

90 naturally smile

Ushgarak
Well, it still has more than enough subscribers to survive, but it is waning.

Serious question to the players- were it not for the Star Wars label, would the game be any good?

It's not that you cannot count the atmosphere provided by being genuine Star Wars (minus the mis-use of Jedi), but all in all, it is a competitive market and said atmosphere has to be twinned with a good gamr for it to work out.

A KOTOR version would be a fair idea- solve the Jedi issue at a stroke (though I suspect the powes would still not work out right). But it just wouldn't have appeal outside the hardcore fan community, and an online game needs more than that.

GM Nebaris
Are you a jedi?

@Ush, I kind of agree. The only reason I like it so much is because I'm pretty new to it. I mean if you take away the fact that it's based around SW, it's hardly better than the other big online game, 'Rune Escape'.

GM Nebaris
Damn, this game crashes so much. It's like the worst aspect of it.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Ushgarak

Serious question to the players- were it not for the Star Wars label, would the game be any good?

I

No. And that's a serious answer. I'm only really playing this for no other reason, apart from perhaps the small shred of communtiy left.

However I really would not play any other MMO at the moment. The best I've played is Eve online (or even with the state of SWG atm), a fantastic space game, however I want more than just a Freelancer MMO.

I didn't enjoy WoW when I played it, plus the childish graphics make it look like Disney Online. Everquest 1 and 2 just don't do it for me either.

I don't like Star Trek one bit so the up and coming ST MMO doesnt interest me.

Ones that have sparked an interest are the LOTR (although it doesnt look particuarly promising especially without all the fantastic design from the movies) and the Warhammer Online MMO, which I have to say I'm slightly skeptical about too.

@ GM Nebaris, No I'm a Smuggler, been one for three years and I loathe Jedi big grin

GM Nebaris
Are there actually any good 100% free mmorpgs.

exanda kane

GM Nebaris
True.
BTW, my pc keeps on crashing when I play SW Galaxies, so does anybody know a way round this?

Archangelysses
Never played it yet

I tried playing Everquest but just couldn't get into it.

Would you recommend this game to be played or am I not missing much

GM Nebaris
It's definitely worth it. Just check out the free trial just to get a taste of it. Oh, and be a jedi. The other professions are a joke compared to the jedi.

exanda kane
True.
BTW, my pc keeps on crashing when I play SW Galaxies, so does anybody know a way round this?

Game crashing bugs are a rariety in SWg nowadays, so get some more RAM and do a standard upgrade.

And don't be a Jedi by the way, the Jedi communtiy consists of small angsty teenagers, plus Jedi are plain uncool.

GM Nebaris
So it's to do with memory space, because our pcs are really low. There's only like 1 gig left.
And dude, jedi are the coolest. Way cooler than bounty hunters or medics.

exanda kane
So it's to do with memory space, because our pcs are really low. There's only like 1 gig left.
And dude, jedi are the coolest. Way cooler than bounty hunters or medics.

It really depends if you have any thing thats really needs upgrading, like a graphics card. RAM always helps me out though, but I don't know alot about computers.

What I do know about however is how uncool Jedi are, a bunch of monks running around in robes? Bounty Hunters and Medics are both dull in terms of combat, although Bounty Hunters allow for some nice roleplay occasionally.

Burning thought
hmm i played SWG but i got a bit bored, dunno what version i was playing, i think it was a trial

i just play WoW at the mo now and then, however it takes a lot of work and time comitment, also the graphics are not too great but its nice that it never goes slow.

I must say though that the bosses are awsome and the tactics it takes to win are also a nice touch instead of mass bashing and numbers, also i like the item and gear, even if i never get any good stuff sad

Boris
Swg is dead.

Pre-cu 4tw!

Mugen
dying game unfortunately sad

GM Nebaris
One question: Does anybody know how to change galaxy with the same character.

exanda kane

Mugen
not worth it IMO.

exanda kane
No, not unless your really into the game and still pay for multiple accounts, its not worth it.

GM Nebaris
Man, something totally strange happened to my account. I uninstalled and installed Galaxies, but for some reason the appearence of my character is really messed up. What's that about?

exanda kane
Is this on the login server menu? If you've uninstalled then your computer will have forgotten what you looked like until you've properly logged into your server. Hope that helps, it does this when the server is reset usually too.

GM Nebaris
Cool, thanks.

JediLowbacca
I played that game like 2 years ago(When it was good) I had a Light Jedi the origanl kind( I heard you can now just become a jedi at choice) I had to goto that village and do all that crap...haha so what else is new. i quit right before the obi wan extention pack came out.PLese give info id love to play again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.