Yay! Sienna Miller is back IN to play Edie!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

brooksie
Doing a happy dance!!

LUCKY BREAK

Sienna lands films after Jude split raises her profile
By Kevin O'Sullivan

SIENNA Miller has won two major Hollywood roles - thanks to Jude Law cheating on her.

The dramatic fall-out with British star Jude following his fling with nanny Daisy Wright, has reaped a big reward for his heart-broken fiancee by raising her profile.

Sienna, 23, will now play drug-crazed Edie Sedgwick in biopic Factory Girl. Two months ago she was dumped from the role as the bed-hopping girlfriend of 60s artist Andy Warhol because she was not well known enough in America.

But now that her estrangement from Law, 32, is filling front pages of US newspapers, Sienna is seen as a rising star who can attract loads of publicity.

She will also play the Queen of Sparta in 300, based on the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC.

The Warner Bros movie tells the tale of 300 Spartan soldiers sent on a suicide mission to halt an invading Persian army on a narrow mountain pass.

A source close to Miller revealed: "This is not the way Sienna would have liked to have won the role of Edie Sedgwick or a big action role.

"But she is not going to kick a gift horse. Professionally speaking, being so badly treated by Jude is the best thing that's happened to Sienna.

"She always wanted the part of Edie but she simply wasn't famous enough in the States.

"Now she's deemed A-list famous. American movie producers don't ask too many questions about why everyone's writing about you. If you're in the papers you've made the grade ... and they want you."

Opportunity knocked for Sienna - who had minor roles in Law's flop remake of Alfie and British gangster thriller Layer Cake - after Tom Cruise's intended Katie Holmes pulled out of Factory Girl.

Straight-laced Cruise is said to have advised Katie, 26, that playing a debauched addict was tacky. But New York-born Sienna has no such concerns and believes the raunchy role will stretch her.

Australian Guy Pearce stars as the legendary Warhol - who died from an infection aged 59 after making millions from frieze paintings of Campbell's Soup and Marilyn Monroe.

The bright flame of his Manhattan factory studio, Sedgwick was Warhol's muse until her lifestyle took its toll.

After years of addiction, bulimia and stints in mental hospitals, Edie died of an overdose in 1971. She was 28.

Sienna is currently starring in Shakespeare's As Your Like It in the West End.

kevin.osullivan @mirror.co.uk
****Edie Sedgwick pictured below*****

botankus
That's great!!!!!!

Who the hell is she?

Britrogue
Jude Law's ex girlfriend...............

botankus
Wow!

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by brooksie
Doing a happy dance!!

LUCKY BREAK

Sienna lands films after Jude split raises her profile
By Kevin O'Sullivan

SIENNA Miller has won two major Hollywood roles - thanks to Jude Law cheating on her.

The dramatic fall-out with British star Jude following his fling with nanny Daisy Wright, has reaped a big reward for his heart-broken fiancee by raising her profile.

Sienna, 23, will now play drug-crazed Edie Sedgwick in biopic Factory Girl. Two months ago she was dumped from the role as the bed-hopping girlfriend of 60s artist Andy Warhol because she was not well known enough in America.

But now that her estrangement from Law, 32, is filling front pages of US newspapers, Sienna is seen as a rising star who can attract loads of publicity.

She will also play the Queen of Sparta in 300, based on the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC.

The Warner Bros movie tells the tale of 300 Spartan soldiers sent on a suicide mission to halt an invading Persian army on a narrow mountain pass.

A source close to Miller revealed: "This is not the way Sienna would have liked to have won the role of Edie Sedgwick or a big action role.

"But she is not going to kick a gift horse. Professionally speaking, being so badly treated by Jude is the best thing that's happened to Sienna.

"She always wanted the part of Edie but she simply wasn't famous enough in the States.

"Now she's deemed A-list famous. American movie producers don't ask too many questions about why everyone's writing about you. If you're in the papers you've made the grade ... and they want you."

Opportunity knocked for Sienna - who had minor roles in Law's flop remake of Alfie and British gangster thriller Layer Cake - after Tom Cruise's intended Katie Holmes pulled out of Factory Girl.

Straight-laced Cruise is said to have advised Katie, 26, that playing a debauched addict was tacky. But New York-born Sienna has no such concerns and believes the raunchy role will stretch her.

Australian Guy Pearce stars as the legendary Warhol - who died from an infection aged 59 after making millions from frieze paintings of Campbell's Soup and Marilyn Monroe.

The bright flame of his Manhattan factory studio, Sedgwick was Warhol's muse until her lifestyle took its toll.

After years of addiction, bulimia and stints in mental hospitals, Edie died of an overdose in 1971. She was 28.

Sienna is currently starring in Shakespeare's As Your Like It in the West End.

kevin.osullivan @mirror.co.uk
****Edie Sedgwick pictured below*****
she probably didnt get with him just to promote her boring career... blah!

she's just another actress sleeping with and using people to get ahead in her blah career

brooksie
This role as Edie Sedgwick will be an extremely challenging role. So...her acting ability will be tested here. I feel as if she has incredible screen presence and has not yet stretched her legs in films with a good meaty role. maybe this will be it. I personally wish her good luck, and to be quite honest....I think Jude got with her, not the other way around, and he did ask for her hand in marriage, although he blew it. Jude has become quite the cad in my eyes.

Morning_Glory
blah

brooksie
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
blah

Well...I feel I "must" ask you. Who do you think should play Edie Sedgwick? And if you don't know anything about Edie here are a couple of sites for you to take a gander at.

http://www.girlonfire.com/

http://www.rams.demon.co.uk/esmain.htm

botankus
The more important question is who would actually be upset if this role of "Edie Sedgwick" never existed?

brooksie
Originally posted by botankus
The more important question is who would actually be upset if this role of "Edie Sedgwick" never existed?

Yes, I see your point. Ignorance is bliss isn't it?

Many people have been wanting this story to be filmed for years. Edie and the crowd she hung around with in the 60s were very eccentric and her story is interesting. Edie is a muse. Her involvement with Bob Dylan inspired some of his most famous songs. "Like a rolling stone" "Just like a woman" "leopard skin pill box hat" AND the Velvet Underground's song "Femme Fatale" is suppose to be inspired by edie too.

She was a youthshaker and very in the moment at the time. Her look inspired fashion then and even now, fashion designers are currently lifting Edie's look for upcoming trends.

Not to mention the underground films from the Warhol sect that she was involved with.

Someone who had such impact on music, fashion, and art in such a short time is worth looking at. someone who continues to influence musicians and artists over the past 30 years deserves to be recognized.

She was a poor little rich girl, who had a brilliant streak of living in the moment. Had she not become so addicted to drugs in the warhol scene she really could have gone on to hollywood and tried her luck with feature films. Instead she opted to go down the drug road of nothingness and dying in 1971 from a overdose.

Her story is interesting. It's like watching a hummingbird flying around, but then eventually slamming itself in a window.

Why do"we" care who plays the role? Because it would be like John Goodman playing Sid Vicious in Sid & Nancy.

botankus
That's fine that you like this mystery person. Next time try PM'ing yourself for a more involved message thread.

brooksie
Mystery person? She might be to you, and yes, a few more people out there...but I am certain that people like you never heard of many greats (not that Edie was *that* great) in music, art, etc. That are never recognized, however their influences are felt today. If you googled her name thousands of pages come up, international too. Even Sofia Coppala, gave Edie a nod in her first short film "Lick the Star"....Is Sofia Coppala a name you might recognize?

And as for your snipet about me PM'ing myself...how nice of you to be so mean & rude. Perhaps, I feel that this might be an interesting topic for those who are Sienna fans, and might be interested in learning about someone new.

People like you just tick me off for one second, and blow off into the wind.

I will just leave you in your own personal "bliss"

botankus
Well, I personally blame my rudeness on Britrogue and myself. After all, we stood each other up today in the Britney Spears thread. Her because her computer was slow and me because I wasn't in a good mood due to lack of sleep.

But seriously, why don't you get more than 50 posts in you before you start acting like the Queen of KMC.

Have I blown off into the wind yet? I'll check every hour. Get back to me on that one.

Morning_Glory
Well...I feel I "must" ask you. Who do you think should play Edie Sedgwick? And if you don't know anything about Edie here are a couple of sites for you to take a gander at.

http://www.girlonfire.com/

http://www.rams.demon.co.uk/esmain.htm

actually never heard of Edie Sedgwick... and my life wouldnt be any different if I never knew of this Edie or what they did or ... I dont care... and Sienna Miller is worse than Jude Law...just cause Jude Law cheated... sienna is just another actress who sleeps and uses high profile people to get ahead in her career-- we wouldnt even know who Sienna was if it wasnt for Jude ... blah

brooksie
OMFG.... forgive me on posting about this. I think this very boring attitude I have received from you two members has me rethinking why I would even bother posting here. I am an avid movie fan...from the beginning of movies to today's films....I try to broaden my horizens and interest with knowing as much as I can NOT just about the films, but the times, the people, the culture...it helps to understand a lot more about a film in the end. Whether to appreciate it or not.

So, without further ado...after being proclaimed a Queen of KMC after only 50 post by a full fledged member, I will just move on to other palace , where I won't need to bother the "Oh so bored heirarchy of KMC"

"I was thought to be 'stuck up.' I wasn't. I was just sure of myself. This is and always has been an unforgivable quality to the unsure."
~Bette Davis

Morning_Glory
yea why bother...blah

botankus
...tsk, tsk, tsk. None of this would've happened if she hadn't come out with the "Ignorance is bliss" comment.

botankus
LOL!

Do we sound like Ryan Phillippe and Sarah Michelle Gellar in "Cruel Intentions" or what?? I love a little role-playing!

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by botankus
That's fine that you like this mystery person. Next time try PM'ing yourself for a more involved message thread.

Not so harsh, man. Jeez.

Even Sofia Coppala, gave Edie a nod in her first short film "Lick the Star"....Is Sofia Coppala a name you might recognize?

Sofia Coppola is a name I've heard, but she's small time. Like this Sienna gal, she's only famous for a relationship. Otherwise, she's a subpar director with ONE decent movie in "The Virgin Suicides". I don't quite get how you're comparing "ignorance" with being generally unaware. This girl's getting roles just because she got cheated on? That doesn't speak too highly of her natural ability, or lack there of. She's a virtual nobody. People are going to be surprised to see someone so enthusiastic about a starlet with no street cred.

Shou;dn't take things so personal.

silver_tears
She was in the remake of Alfie

botankus
I still don't know who the hell this person is, but the queen of class shows she might be a worse brat than...well, every other actress in Hollywood.

I checked out her resume:

2. Casanova (2005) .... Francesca Bruni
... aka Femur (Philippines: English title)
3. Alfie (2004) .... Nikki
4. Layer Cake (2004) .... Tammy
... aka L4yer Cake (USA: DVD box title)
5. "Keen Eddie"
- Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité (2004) TV Episode .... Fiona Bickerton
- Keeping Up Appearances (2004) TV Episode .... Fiona Bickerton
- Who Wants to Be in a Club That Would Have Me as a Member? (2004) TV Episode .... Fiona Bickerton
- Citizen Cecil (2004) TV Episode .... Fiona Bickerton
- Inciting Incident (2004) TV Episode .... Fiona Bickerton
(8 more)
6. "Bedtime" (2001) TV Series .... Stacey (Series 2) (2002)
7. "The American Embassy"
- Long Live the King (2002) TV Episode (as Sienna Rose Miller) .... Babe
8. High Speed (2002) .... Savannah
9. The Ride (2002) .... Sara
... aka Joy-Rider
10. South Kensington

Judging by this list of sh*t films, I don't blame a single soul for not knowing who the hell this biz-atch is.

vintageSW77
Sienna Miller is more well known for her dress sense in the Uk than for her movies
My girlfriend rates and copies some of her style but has never seen her in a film...says it all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.