Rubber wrist bands.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
you know those rubber wrist bands with words on them that are so popluar now? do you have any? what color? what do they say?

Masrix
I have a Livestrong yellow on on my right arm, and a Lacrosse BLue one on my left You?

Ken Kenobi
I don't have one because I'm not a trend whore. I think they are stupid unless they're the ones that the proceeds go to help fund cancer research.

Masrix
All the rubber bands go to a diffrent cancer research where im from stick out tongue

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Masrix
All the rubber bands go to a diffrent cancer research where im from stick out tongue

Not all of them though, there are bands for Yellowstone National Park, Star Wars, and other miscellaneous junk.

Rogue Jedi
i have a black one that says courage, and a sky blue one that says strength. aparently FJ thinks i have both.

also, ken, i am not a fashion whore either. just because you wear one of these doesnt make you a fashion whore.

Masrix
Well yeah there are the fake ones, I guess your right.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i have a black one that says courage, and a sky blue one that says strength. aparently FJ thinks i have both.

also, ken, i am not a fashion whore either. just because you wear one of these doesnt make you a fashion whore.

You are a trend whore if you bought it just because they became popular. Just like these damn Trucker hats and big 80's style sunglasses. Trend whores need to go get their own lives and stop copying everyone else.

And also I started using le and ze instead of the on KMC here, and next thing I know other people (besides le Crew) were using it. Most notibly lil bitchiness, way to go stealing other peoples manurisms there. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
You are a trend whore if you bought it just because they became popular. Just like these damn Trucker hats and big 80's style sunglasses. Trend whores need to go get their own lives and stop copying everyone else.

And also I started using le and ze instead of the on KMC here, and next thing I know other people (besides le Crew) were using it. Most notibly lil bitchiness, way to go stealing other peoples manurisms there. roll eyes (sarcastic)
i bought them because i like the way they look. also, the black and sky blue works out well cuz i am a panthers fan. i copy no one. i wear what is comfortable. i dont wear flared out jeans, which are all the rage now. i dont wear a western button down shirt untucked either. i own nothing from tommy hilfiger.
i wear what i want when i want. as long as you have known me, for you to call me a trend whore, man.....thats fukked up.

Masrix
i bought them because i like the way they look. also, the black and sky blue works out well cuz i am a panthers fan. i copy no one. i wear what is comfortable. i dont wear flared out jeans, which are all the rage now. i dont wear a western button down shirt untucked either. i own nothing from tommy hilfiger.
i wear what i want when i want. as long as you have known me, for you to call me a trend whore, man.....thats fukked up. They are rubber colored wrist bands...come on.... Like if its for csncer research thats cool but anything else...

Dagons Blade
way to go stealing other peoples manurisms there. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Uh, that's mannerisms not manurisms. Unless you're trying to say that LB is full of crap wink j\k

Ken Kenobi
i wear what i want when i want. as long as you have known me, for you to call me a trend whore, man.....thats fukked up.

Read my statement again, I said IF you bought them because they were popular.

Originally posted by Dagons Blade
Uh, that's mannerisms not manurisms. Unless you're trying to say that LB is full of crap wink j\k

I'm shit at spelling. laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Masrix
They are rubber colored wrist bands...come on.... Like if its for csncer research thats cool but anything else...
wow. you guys are so cool and individualistic. wink

Masrix
lol we are on a forum talking about nothing.....what did you think?

Rogue Jedi
it just seems that you guys are going out of your way to show how "cool" and "opinionated" you are.

Ken Kenobi
It's the fact that they are just that...opinions. You have your views and we have ours.

Masrix
It all prefrences.

Rogue Jedi
still. calling me a "trend whore" is out of line. what happened to you? what happened to the cool guy i used to know? you have changed, ken.

Dagons Blade
I have a nice wrist band-it has my name on it, my vital stats and what psyciatric medication I'm on. And it matches my strait jacket.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Dagons Blade
I have a nice wrist band-it has my name on it, my vital stats and what psyciatric medication I'm on. And it matches my strait jacket.
laughing out loud

Ken Kenobi
still. calling me a "trend whore" is out of line. what happened to you? what happened to the cool guy i used to know? you have changed, ken.

Did you not read what I posted after you accused me of calling you a trend whore the first time?

I said IF! you bought them for the sole purpose of them being popular. Not once did I say you were in fact a trend whore.

Rogue Jedi
Did you not read what I posted after you accused me of calling you a trend whore the first time?

I said IF! you bought them for the sole purpose of them being popular. Not once did I say you were in fact a trend whore.
so buying two wrist bands makes me popular? what are they, magic wrist bands? did jack give them to me along with a sack of magic beans? i DID buy them, so you are calling me a trend whore. i am sure that you wear something that is trendy. doesnt that make you a trend whore? do you own a pair of jeans? they are trendy. you are a trend whore. do you own a pair of sneakers? they are trendy, and you are a trend whore.

Ken Kenobi
Read again, I never called you a trend whore!

I said if you bought them for the sole purpose of the wrist bands being popular, THAT would make you a trend whore.

Rogue Jedi
hello? did you read this post?

Dagons Blade
I also have this nice jumpsuit that was made by a compaay called Inmate jeans. And now that you mention them, it comes with these neat wristbands, with a really cool mode to them: if I cross the yellow line, I get intestinal pain, if I cross the red line, I blow up. That's the last time I ever go to prison for a vacation.

Storm
What started out as a way to raise awareness has, in other instances, become a major commercial enterprise, with organisations and individuals racing to get in on the act. A fashion accessory beyond its original purpose disgust

Puddin Pop
I dont have one...well my sis has one that is black and has Rock the arts on it...from Hot Topic.

Darth Nauj
you know those rubber wrist bands with words on them that are so popluar now? do you have any? what color? what do they say?
It's kind of sad really when rich celebrity's or whoever wear these in order to help charity. Can I say bullsh!t. Its so fake when celebrity's help Charity's or when these yellow wrists bands are so in. I do have one but my mom bought it. Do I wear it, no because I don't wanna look like the rest of the fake trend setters wearing it in order to look cool for a cause many people don't really give a f*ck about.

Puddin Pop
Originally posted by Darth Nauj
It's kind of sad really when rich celebrity's or whoever wear these in order to help charity. Can I say bullsh!t. Its so fake when celebrity's help Charity's or when these yellow wrists bands are so in. I do have one but my mom bought it. Do I wear it, no because I don't wanna look like the rest of the fake trend setters wearing it in order to look cool for a cause many people don't really give a f*ck about. well put.

Syren
I bought a blue one which said Live Strong... I had no idea at the time that mine was simply a fashion accessory. Got no idea where that particular one is now though, but I've been hunting down one for Amnesty International (I donate) and as yet have had no luck erm

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Nauj
It's kind of sad really when rich celebrity's or whoever wear these in order to help charity. Can I say bullsh!t. Its so fake when celebrity's help Charity's or when these yellow wrists bands are so in. I do have one but my mom bought it. Do I wear it, no because I don't wanna look like the rest of the fake trend setters wearing it in order to look cool for a cause many people don't really give a f*ck about.
again with the "trend" crap. EVERYTHING IS A TREND. no matter what you wear, its a trend. heres an example of a few trends that i am sure most, if not all of us follow:
blue jeans: TREND. everyone wears them, so its a trend.
baseball caps: TREND. if you are not a baseball player, you dont need
one.
spiked hair: TREND. everyone wants to look like Tyler Durden.
jewelry: TREND. what purpose does it serve? NONE.

by signing on to the internet and posting here you are following a trend.

xLiNdS x 622x
i have a purple one that says Glen Este (my school) and a pink one that has to do with breast cancer

silvertsume
i have a couple but i only wear the argentinian one my bf gave me erm

Rogue Jedi
i dont like the multi colored ones. i saw one that was yellow swirled in with red.

Alpha Centauri
Black one that says Music = Life.

-AC

Lana
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Black one that says Music = Life.

-AC

If I could find one like that that said Art = Life I'd get it in a heartbeat....

Ken Kenobi
again with the "trend" crap. EVERYTHING IS A TREND. no matter what you wear, its a trend. heres an example of a few trends that i am sure most, if not all of us follow:
blue jeans: TREND. everyone wears them, so its a trend.
baseball caps: TREND. if you are not a baseball player, you dont need
one.
spiked hair: TREND. everyone wants to look like Tyler Durden.
jewelry: TREND. what purpose does it serve? NONE.

by signing on to the internet and posting here you are following a trend.

Someone has a stick up his bum.

Certain things, like blue jeans and baseball caps have a purpose, they are comfortable, and the hat blocks the sun from your eyes. That is what is considered a good trend.

What purpose do most of these rubber bracelets have? No purpose whatsoever. It's made out of rubber for Christ's sake and you pay $6.00 or more for it! The only ones that I condone are the ones for charities, and that is it.

Rogue Jedi
my black one says courage. my bro in law has a red one that says rebel. he is so not a rebel!!! laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.