ROTS Anakin vs. General Grievous & Boba Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Thor
No cheap Force tricks. just a simple lightsaber fight

Kam Solusar
Ani hands down, no competion

Dark Thor
really? i suspected some ppl would think that team is too much for ani

kamikz
I bet Grievous is a challenge alone for Anakin, and even if he would be able to defeat him it would take a while. Boba would get much time to use anything like his rope, rockets, blasters etc.

kamikz
Therefore I think Annie is dead.

DarthGenises
Boba Fett alone could take Anakin adding Grievous just speeds up the process

Darth Windu
Boba Fett could take Anakin? Sad.

Kam Solusar
lol

darthsith19
Close. By ROTS Anakin is really powerful, he'd pawn Boba and beat grievous by a good bit but together? I think Grievous could hold his own with Anakin long enough for Boba to aim and blast Anakin's brains all over the place.

Darth_Janus
Pawn Boba? For how much?

DarthMaul9123
gg would do his funny lil lightsaber spin to distract ananken and boba would fire a rocket at anaken then unload his rifle on anakens retard butt

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by Venom15
Boba Fett alone could take Anakin adding Grievous just speeds up the process
my words from a defferent person...Telepathy

Darth_Glentract
Anakin could take either of the alone, but together, the Jedi goes down.

Darth_Janus
*Pawns this thread. Uses the loot to buy a good one.*

DarthMaul9123
hahaha

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Uses the loot to buy a good one.*

We'll, that's a strange thought, haven't heard and good and thread in the same sentence for months.

DarthMaul9123
well if not were pretty close to it

Darth_Janus
There's been a few, but it's hard to do in this kind of limited growth setting. Let's get general about it:

Jawas versus Ewoks.

That's original.

DarthMaul9123
yes im gunna say im no longer a ewok nor am i a jawa ..never was but pardon my mistakes ....im a jawok

Darth_Janus
Oh sure.

BTW, what is the deal with this thread? Can we spell "imbalanced"?

Darth Martin
I highly doubt that Anakin by ROTS could take Grievous at 100% in a straight up lightsaber duel.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I highly doubt that Anakin by ROTS could take Grievous at 100% in a straight up lightsaber duel.
How? He tooled Grievous's lightsaber master in a lightsaber duel and Dooku>Grievous with sabers. But Fett makes this a lot harder and there is a pretty good chance Fett could shoot Anakin from behind or from the air. For Anakin to win he needs to eliminate Fett quickly.

Darth Martin
We've been through this before. Anakin beat Dooku because of his form of fighting. Grievous is a machine he will have no problem blocking Anakins Djem So. Grievous took on 9 Jedi and defeated them all AT ONCE! Killing six, severely wounding two, and the only one to come out okay was Ki Adi who was extremely exhausted. He then continued to attack and kill 4 ARC troopers, and escaped a battleship unscathed. He did most of this with only two lightsabers. It should be noted that he can sucessfully wield 5.

vader11
If this is CW GG and DE Boba, it would be a close fight.

Darth Martin
But Anakin can pwn both w/ the Force relatively easy the same was Mace did. I was just reffering to if this was a straight up lightsaber duel.

Darth Hord
We've been through this before. Anakin beat Dooku because of his form of fighting. Grievous is a machine he will have no problem blocking Anakins Djem So. Grievous took on 9 Jedi and defeated them all AT ONCE! Killing six, severely wounding two, and the only one to come out okay was Ki Adi who was extremely exhausted. He then continued to attack and kill 4 ARC troopers, and escaped a battleship unscathed. He did most of this with only two lightsabers. It should be noted that he can sucessfully wield 5.

I doubt any of those jedi were as good as Anakin. And no Anakin beat him because he was simply better. While it is true that Anakin's form had an advantage over Dooku's, the novel made it clear that all Anakin had to do was "decide" to win and decide to take Dooku's hands. Anakin made Dooku's combat experience,"mastery of swordplay" and his use of the force into a joke. Which was the main reason Anakin won, the form played a role but not to the degree that Anakin just need to decide to win, Anakin could have used any form(that he mastered instead of Djem So) and just "decide" to win.

The only people that I don't see Grievous killing by ROTS is Anakin, Kenobi, Mace, Dooku, Cin Drallig (as dooku stated),Yoda and Sidious.

vader11
Boba don't even has his lightsaber...
btw, why you bring back so many old threads?
and all of them include GG??? are u gg fan?

fascistcrusader
Anakin could take out Boba with ease, leaving him to face grevios one on one. I'm not sure Anakin could take Grevious.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Anakin could take out Boba with ease, leaving him to face grevios one on one. I'm not sure Anakin could take Grevious.

If he gets close to Fett, Fett has fought against other jedi/sith and faired well enough to kill some and stalemate some (and possibly lose but escape death). He even was able to last against Vader and did have a shot to kill him. If Fett can keep his distance than can be a threat to Anakin.(But Anakin can beat him 1 v 1)

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Darth Hord
I doubt any of those jedi were as good as Anakin. And no Anakin beat him because he was simply better. While it is true that Anakin's form had an advantage over Dooku's, the novel made it clear that all Anakin had to do was "decide" to win and decide to take Dooku's hands. Anakin made Dooku's combat experience,"mastery of swordplay" and his use of the force into a joke. Which was the main reason Anakin won, the form played a role but not to the degree that Anakin just need to decide to win, Anakin could have used any form(that he mastered instead of Djem So) and just "decide" to win.

The only people that I don't see Grievous killing by ROTS is Anakin, Kenobi, Mace, Dooku, Cin Drallig (as dooku stated),Yoda and Sidious. Sure Anakin>Grievous overall but then again do you thionk Anakin could have taken on 9 Jedi and a aqaud of ARC troopers including a gunship?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Anakin could take out Boba with ease, leaving him to face grevios one on one. I'm not sure Anakin could take Grevious. Just want to hear others opinions on him thats all. smile

Darth Martin
Vader had him at his mercy. http://img462.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strongassteelap9.png

VinCon01
No Force powers involved? I'd give it to Grievous/Boba. Anakin could defeat either of them one-on-one, but two-on-one without the Force? Can't see it happening.

vader11
If no force is allowed, then how can anakin beat Boba if he keeps flying around?

Darth Martin
He can't, but the force is allowed. I myself was just stating that Anakin wouldn't defeat Grievous in a lightsaber duel w/o the Force.

Darth Hord
Sure Anakin>Grievous overall but then again do you thionk Anakin could have taken on 9 Jedi and a aqaud of ARC troopers including a gunship?

Possibly, Now I have to ask you if you think Dooku could do the same as Grievous?

and if there is no force powers than I think Anakin would lose since I don't really see him killing fett who could be flying with his jetpack. And abotu the fett vs. vader I do remember( i think) a point where fett had the advantge. But I can't check now because I can't get on the page to look at the comic.

VinCon01
I wasn't saying that he could beat them one-on-one without the Force. I suppose I wasn't very clear with that though.

However, for the sake of the question, how is Boba going to defeat Anakin if he keeps flying around. Neither of them are at a particular advantage...I mean, Anakin can deflect blaster shots, and could probably dodge most other things. Even without the Force, he's in pretty good physical condition. Of course, I can't remember Boba's entire arsenal, so he probably has something in there that could waste Anakin.

vader11
DE Boba is very deadly indeed.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Darth Hord
Possibly, Now I have to ask you if you think Dooku could do the same as Grievous?

and if there is no force powers than I think Anakin would lose since I don't really see him killing fett who could be flying with his jetpack. And abotu the fett vs. vader I do remember( i think) a point where fett had the advantge. But I can't check now because I can't get on the page to look at the comic. Dooku could not pull off the same feat as Grievous but 1on1 Dooku can take Grievous w/ ease actually. Watch CW Vol.2 But thats w/ the force. Anakin could take Grievous with the Force as well. But it will not be a pushover however, because all those jedi that GG fought used force attacks and he DODGED them all.

Count Makashi
Dooku could not pull off the same feat as Grievous but 1on1 Dooku can take Grievous w/ ease actually. Watch CW Vol.2 But thats w/ the force. Anakin could take Grievous with the Force as well. But it will not be a pushover however, because all those jedi that GG fought used force attacks and he DODGED them all.

Yea, but none were as good as Anakin is.

In this fight, without the use of Force powers, it will be difficult for Anakin, especially because Boba has his jet pack and his armor can withstand blaster fire, so if Anakin deflects Bobas blaster fire back, it will have no affect on Boba and any shots that miss Anakin and hit General Grievous, will have no affect on the General as well. So, i think in this fight, it could go either way, but i would give Boba and the General a small edge, because Anakin has to pay attention to 2 different threats at the same time, without the use of any Force powers.
In short, Boba flays in the air and shots down, while in the same time GG attacks with sabers, Anakin has to divide his concentration at 2 people at the same time.

Darth Hord
Dooku could not pull off the same feat as Grievous but 1on1 Dooku can take Grievous w/ ease actually. Watch CW Vol.2 But thats w/ the force. Anakin could take Grievous with the Force as well. But it will not be a pushover however, because all those jedi that GG fought used force attacks and he DODGED them all.

That is exactly my point Dooku might not be able to do this yet he is better than Grievous in a every yet Anakin defeated Dooku straight up in a saber duel. And I know about Grievous being able to dodge force attacks because I have posted videos a while back showing him do it. Anakin will lose for the record.

Darth Martin
Especially with Fett taking pot shots from a tree from somewhere.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.