This is a Peace Proposal from Daisaku Ikeda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shakyamunison

botankus
I think it's great!!!! Happy Dance

Now who the hell is this??

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by botankus
Now who the hell is this??

Daisaku Ikeda, President, Soka Gakkai International.

Soka Gakkai International is a nongovernmental member of the UN.

It is an organization of over 12 million members world wide, I am a member.

http://www.sgi.org/

Ushgarak
I think he is making up what Humanism is about.

Ushgarak
Yes, and I see he wants a lot more non-Governmental power in it... odd that...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I think he is making up what Humanism is about.

laughing

Fire
The Nongovernmental members of the UN have very little power anyway.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Fire
The Nongovernmental members of the UN have very little power anyway.
I'm sorry, I didn't make the discussion clear to you. What do you think of the Peace Proposal?

Fire
It doesn't really matter what I think of it. I think it's a good idea but that's about it. It ain't more than a bunch a words from someone who has no power.

debbiejo
OH...wouldn't it be great if it really would work....People just don't realize how connected we all are to each other and the planet...With more education on these subjects would be a real eye opener for many, who do not realize the power we all have especially as a whole of humanity...Education is our only chance for ourselves and our planet...

We would have to start with the very young to educated them globally...It's only in that way that we can have lasting change.

Shakyamunison
It doesn't really matter what I think of it. I think it's a good idea but that's about it. It ain't more than a bunch a words from someone who has no power.

Then don't post here... mad

Sorry, but this kind of belligerence gets me mad, your opinion matters here and we are just talking, ok?

Fire
I know we are just talking, and I know my opinion matters, everyone''s opinion matters. I just wanted to make it very clear that this text might as well not exist it would not change the world.

I'm sorry if you don't like hearing it but that is the truth about the text.

Now I agree with debbiejo, it would be great if it really worked but it won't and never will.

debbiejo
I know we are just talking, and I know my opinion matters, everyone''s opinion matters. I just wanted to make it very clear that this text might as well not exist it would not change the world.

I'm sorry if you don't like hearing it but that is the truth about the text.

Now I agree with debbiejo, it would be great if it really worked but it won't and never will.

It would work if a global educational program was instituted.....starting in grade 1.

Fire
For that too happen you would need very powerful political people to behind it, not to mention the money it would cost.

From the moment you start to work with very powerful political people you get the problem that they all want to influence the world. It would almost take forever to get the educational program of the ground.

debbiejo
For that too happen you would need very powerful political people to behind it, not to mention the money it would cost.

From the moment you start to work with very powerful political people you get the problem that they all want to influence the world. It would almost take forever to get the educational program of the ground.

It could start with the grass roots level, as they call it...But that would mean that all of us would need to get involved on some level for the future of all that is left...or there won't be anything left to pass down to the future generations.

Fire
True, but I don't view the world as being in such a bad shape just yet.

Shakyamunison

We are working at it one person at a time. Yes it my take forever but it's the only proposal I've seen that could work.

BTW I would not get mad if you said "this is not going to work" or "this is bad and we should not do it", but what I got out of your post was; don't waist my time. Thank you for giving us your opinion.

Fire
Well twelf million members is quite something. But you will need a lot more presure if you want politicians on a world scale to listen up.

Shakyamunison
Well twelf million members is quite something. But you will need a lot more presure if you want politicians on a world scale to listen up.

You are correct, we need people for all walks of life. This organization started in Japan 1945 and has now gone around the world.

Fire
Nice, I would have done it differently but that's just me.

Shakyamunison
Nice, I would have done it differently but that's just me.

OK, tell me how you would do it differently.

Fire
Starting in only a few countries at a time, make sure you have a decent powerbase there. Enough political pressure there to start influencing government and then think about expanding.

debbiejo
The problem is that with most people who complain...it's because they just want to pass the buck....let someone else do the work....

Not pointing my finger at anyone...just stating the facts....Some things should be an all for something effort...It's our backyard...It's our grandkids and theirs and theirs...It's our water....

Reminds me of the "Little Red Hen" story.....No one would help...but they all wanted the bread in the end.

Fire
Good point Debbie. Now I do my part, granted I could do more, but being a student I have other more urgent things to care for at this time.

Shakyamunison
Starting in only a few countries at a time, make sure you have a decent powerbase there. Enough political pressure there to start influencing government and then think about expanding.

I'm not sure that I understand all of what you are saying, but SGI has done that to a degree.

This peace proposal is a shortened version, there is no way I could post all of it. It's hundreds of pages.
Here is the full text...

http://www.sgi.org/english/President/peaceproposal/peace2005.htm

Also, this peace proposal is revised and submitted every year. Here are the past proposals...

http://www.sgi.org/english/President/peace_pro.htm

Have fun reading.

Fire
I can explain it a bit further if you want.

Shakyamunison
I can explain it a bit further if you want.

Feel free....

But I have to go now, I will read it latter,ok?

Fire
I'll PM it to you when I see you online the next time around

weerock
Hi, i'm a assisstant campus leader from Singapore and i just bumb into this page while searching for quotes from Ikeda Sensei about stress for use in my schoo's project.

I would like to make some points very clear to all of you and anyone who would come across this thread.

I think the most important thing for us, the ordinary people, to be able to forge harmony and peace globally, we should first throw away our ignorance towards guidances that could help us achieve that. although it is very normal for people to be arrogant at the view of hope, but ultimately please do push yourself to attempt the guidances given. It is in fact because of thoughts like "This is impossible" or "This will never happen" that we create ourselves a barrier which blocks us away from achieving peace. Everyone should be practising this discipline and compassion when it comes to achieving peace, and Not straight-away block yourselves away from it with your own personal weaknesses such as arrogance, ignorance, lack of courage and lack of wisdom to comprehend the hope that is just in front of you.

Another very important point that i would want the whole world to know is, Political Power is the Main Thing that caused so much trauma and bad effects on the nation. Although the nation needs a government, but we should never abuse its power. Using political power to push peace would only result in a "forced" peace on the surface and not internally in one's heart. Here we are not just talking about peace of nation to nation, but also the peace in one's family, environment, and peace in one's mind. Without the correct teachings, more and more people will start to neglect peace and at that situation it will be hopeless. We would rather not depend on any governmental or political power to make up a false peace scenario but to 'open the eyes' and to harvest and manifest that hope of peace in everybody. Please understand this point that Peace is Not something that we can achieve in just one click away, but if we don't even try, there's no talking of achieving it. This is what that has been taught by the Soka Gakkai that all started from a single individual. If that individual could break this barrier from within and making efforts for peace in their everyday life, such as sincerely using compassion to help one another, to educate one another of the correct teaching, to also help one another manifest and express that lifeforce and spirit in them, then that little glimpse of hope in everyone will expand like a small fire started on a field of plants, that would spread immensely through the field.

Mr. Ikeda is no doubtly a mentor in life and a philosopher that had help many lay people around the globe expand their life, knowledge and faith. He is also a holder of at least 180 honorary degrees in universities around the world. Bear in mind that all these he had achieved are not to showcase power and capability, but it's an actual proof of his wisdom and his analogy that with the understanding of the teachings of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism, one can excel in all fields. Moreover, Soka Gakkai is official the only recognised peace oganisation in the world. It is non-profit, all financial support of SGI comes from the "zai-mu" (willing donations) of members so to build more educational centers for everyone and also to publish educational books of life, mainly written by Mr. Ikeda, to the public, so to educate the public. So the organisation works in the sense of showing actual proof in everyday life, be it in work, in schools, or at home. We do not just talk the talk. Mr. Ikeda, although a person without political power, was able to convince many politicians of the need in every individual to contribute to peace. Not judging as a political power, but one who has gone through alot and had learned alot in his life. We as members also help spread this message of peace by showing how different it is of one with the correct teachings and guidances from one who has not yet realised, using ourselves to proof and to convince others that what we've learned and practised in th Gakkai helps to make us better individual that will ultimately result in a contribution towards global peace.

Last but not least, for those who had already realised this mission everyone in this world is carrying, please help others to know and to comprehend, Not by inferior words and negatively-stubborn stand, but with compassion and wisdom to help them realise the need of everyone in achieving peace.

This is my first post of this forum, by the way.

Best Regards,
Weerock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.