firefox address bar spazzed after updating

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shellie
A few days ago when I excepted an update from firefox....it spazzed on me and now the address bar doesnt work. confused I get an error type messege that says the site isnt found and to try again later. It worked fine before the update and now it isnt working at all. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and that didnt work. IE is what Im using now and I really dislike it...any ideas you might have to help...please share them. maybe I shouldnt have excepted the update. messed

Fire
Mine works fine.

you did a viruscheck?

Lana
I downloaded that same update and had no problems....blink

Clovie
works fine for me

and it seems rather like a connection errror confused

Bardock42
Yes yes....SlimBrowser = Better.....

shellie
Originally posted by Fire
Mine works fine.

you did a viruscheck? I forgot to mention this but yes. I did and had two viruses. One was healed the other refuses to be healed.The one that says it can not be healed says its in the archive and for the life of me ....I cant figure out what it means...bag

like AVG (the scan I use) archives? still trying to figure this one out too.

Fire
dunno tbh

Clovie
Originally posted by shellie
I forgot to mention this but yes. I did and had two viruses. One was healed the other refuses to be healed.The one that says it can not be healed says its in the archive and for the life of me ....I cant figure out what it means...bag

like AVG (the scan I use) archives? still trying to figure this one out too. i would just delete it yes like not with virus scanner but normally ninja

Fire
Not entirely safe tho, and certainly not certain to guarantee a clean computer. But I do it aswell, I don't mind mine crashing

Clovie
but it's fun eek!

i've deleted some annoying files from the system folder and nothing bad happened big grin

shellie
Im gonna keep at it...somehow Ill figure it out...or Ill jut take a hammer to it. stick out tongue

dave123
get a decent browser wink

Clovie
Originally posted by dave123
get a decent browser wink and lotsa adware wink

dave123
I have no adware droolio

shellie
omg...so frustrating. I thought I had a decent browser and then this happens.

IE with no adwaremessed thats possible?

Clovie
weird erm

for me it was i stoped getting those when i started using firefox

Bardock42
get a decent browser wink

Get an even decenter Browser

dave123
The Fox is much safer - but it's just matter of staying away from the naughty sites, running check-ups, and not installing random crap yes

Bardock42
The Fox is much safer - but it's just matter of staying away from the naughty sites, running check-ups, and not installing random crap yes

True that....

Clovie
The Fox is much safer - but it's just matter of staying away from the naughty sites, running check-ups, and not installing random crap yes i did. (the right way)
and check ups are not needed any more big grin

shellie
thank you guys...and girl (klaudia wink )

I have to step away but Ill be back laters to work on this some more.

Ill let you know if I get it worked out or not.

Clovie
Originally posted by shellie
thank you guys...and girl (klaudia wink )

I have to step away but Ill be back laters to work on this some more.

Ill let you know if I get it worked out or not. i didn't help at all stick out tongue

but hey ii got special mentioning purplequeen1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.