Miscast?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slickk
Is it just Me or has Halle Berry been miscast in the role of Storm?

Yes she is great to look at (yawn) however as the beyond crap movie Catwoman shows she is very "hit and miss" as an actress Oscar or not!

The role/character of Storm is an EXTREMELY powerful one (arguably the most powerful), I believe she does not posess the necessary strengths as an actress to pull it off, she has done an o.k job thus far.

I would have thought the always great Angela Bassett (an early choice) or Kill Bill's Vivica A. Fox were superior choices. They both exude the kind of strength on screen that I think this role demands.

To see what I mean I can highly recommend the movie "STRANGE DAYS" starring Ms Bassett and "SET IT OFF" starring Ms Fox.

What do you all think?

Fionnuala
She completely ruined Storm...whore no expression

pr1983
laughing

Lady_Jade
Pam Grier should have been Storm. A bit too old now but if she were young again she would be awesome.

Hughnut2000
Originally posted by Fionnuala
She completely ruined Storm...whore no expression
Meany stick out tongue. But something wasn't right though.

pr1983
Originally posted by Hughnut2000
Meany stick out tongue. But something wasn't right though.

Yes, halle being cast...

Britrogue
Oooohhhhh.......where do I start. She's a chimp faced, money grabbing, selfish witch who can't act to save her life. AND she has a weird nose. AND she kept pulling stupid faces in X-2. And now X-3 is going to have even MORE of her!

(By the way, I don't like her very much stick out tongue )

aceofgambit2
yes... halle may be overratted but she did decent in the movies. also keep in mind that Halle can only only excert (i sooo spelled that wrong) as much power as the script writters allow her to. she cant make up her own lines people.... i think we just need to give her more opportunity to show what she can do as Storm....i don't think she will let us down.

Fionnuala
A good actress would be able to make the most of the lines given to her...Halle didn't, so it's not really fair to blame her bad performance on the script writers..

aceofgambit2
i'm not blaming... i'm simply stating (as an actor myself) sometimes you have to do what the director wants... you dont get paid to rebel...

katie_girl09
Okay, yes Halle was a bad Storm, but c'mon people! Let's not be catty. Yes it is true that she can't act, but don't be mean- a lot of actresses in Hollywood can't act- not just her...
And what about Anna? Baaaaad IMO
And Halle Berry is very pretty...

LISA-J
Anna was good,watch x1 and x2 again cause you obviously missed her good bits.

pr1983
Originally posted by LISA-J

Ive watched them upteen times... she had no good bits... at least not from where i was sitting...

Mainstream
she didn't even say "Sugah" " Dang"
or
"what in the world" like she does on the old cartoon.

you should've said stuff like

"Bobby, Ah do declare you are acting a might bit cold toward me..more so than usual sugah."

munkiesarus

Obviously missed her good bits? No, sorry, I was drowning in her every other bits. Every peice of screentime she got was pathetic and over acted.

Britrogue
Originally posted by munkiesarus
Obviously missed her good bits? No, sorry, I was drowning in her every other bits. Every peice of screentime she got was pathetic and over acted.

She did need to get at least one "sugah" in there somewhere.

Lady_Jade
Bottom line: Halle sucks. She is too soft spoken to be Storm for one thing. She did a terrible job acting altogether, not only in this movie but in just about every movie she has ever been in. I can see why they don't give her a lot to do in the X-Men movies.

katie_girl09
Originally posted by Lady_Jade
Bottom line: Halle sucks. She is too soft spoken to be Storm for one thing. She did a terrible job acting altogether, not only in this movie but in just about every movie she has ever been in. I can see why they don't give her a lot to do in the X-Men movies.
Well, that still isn't smart. Why did they cast her as Storm only to have her do nothing??? RRRRRRRRRRR! They cast her because she's pretty and will give them some box office return. I agree that she wasn't good, but I'm just saying that people shouldn't be so catty about it.

katie_girl09
Originally posted by Lady_Jade
Pam Grier should have been Storm. A bit too old now but if she were young again she would be awesome.
She would have been good. But I say Iman, Naomi, or Grace Jones...

katie_girl09
There were no good bits. She was just as horrible as Halle...

LISA-J
Originally posted by pr1983
Ive watched them upteen times... she had no good bits... at least not from where i was sitting... Then your blind and deaf. stick out tongue

pr1983
Then your blind and deaf. stick out tongue

Not at all... big grin

crimsonphoenix
halle berry was not perfect 4 storm cause , storm is supposed to be thick and curvy. i say vivica a fox would have been a good choice!

Paola
I just can picture Vivica playing Copperhead erm

GGgrievous725
Halle did ok she didnt have the kind of accent i would think storm should have but she was ok but i think hugh jackman was worse miscast then halle berry

LISA-J
maybe at first but hugh proved himself,halle has yet to-maybe in x-3.

GGgrievous725
yeah he was alot better in the second then in the first

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.