king thor vs pre-crisis superman with his sword

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
this sword by the way= http://superman.ws/tales2/sword/

i think it about time superman fought with a weapon sense his always fighting enemy with mega weapons.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by supremthor
this sword by the way= http://superman.ws/tales2/sword/

i think it about time superman fought with a weapon sense his always fighting enemy with mega weapons.

Thor could make magical rain and defeat pre-crisis Superman. It was like an allergy to him.

Bad thread.

armandovalles
Thor could just summon some Kryptonite rocks up from the earth and use them to make Kryptonite blasts.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by armandovalles
Thor could just summon some Kryptonite rocks up from the earth and use them to make Kryptonite blasts.

Not even necessary. Magic wind could blow pre-crisis supes away. Thor could cover PC supes in magic feathers, and he wouldn't be able to move.

joesha28
The sword what was that for?

whirlysplat
Breaking into heaven there goes the idea he was weak to magic with the swordsmile

ImmortalOne
So, why didnt they make it Supez Prime, it would been better wouldnt it !!??

whirlysplat
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
So, why didnt they make it Supez Prime, it would been better wouldnt it !!??

I don#t know if Never is right and Grant Morrison intended Prime to have the Sword, it would be cool.

As it stands though prime is only a possible future, what it has done is allow this Superman to realise aging doesn't matter to him but then, in truth it doesn't matter to any comic hero. laughing out loud I mean I'm in my 30's and Peter Parker should be 25 years or so older than me. So I guess confused Spidermans a pensioner in the next ten years he looks good on it. Supes is about to get a bit of an upgrade anyway and he is a lot less susceptible to magic these days. Truth is no one knows what Prime can do really. We know his Powerful but how Powerful?

Its all guesses, remember he got loads of other powers from his trip round the Universe. So who knowssmile No one really knows how vulnerable to magic or Kryptonite Prime is either.

Swanky-Tuna
Yes, Superman needs an upgrade. He's not DC's top dog, for some reason, enough.

manjaro
you guys are f ****ing insane if you think pre-crisis superman was ever vulnerable to magic, that was a product of the depowering era, this from a guy who sneezed away an entire galaxy in the pre-crisis days, you know how powerful you have to be to make wind travel at warp speeds. or back in those days when the hand clap was popular and he regularly would clap up hurricanes, tornadoes and shit plus the writers would find a way to grant him more ridicoulous and obscure powers like super hunches and super architecture

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by manjaro
you guys are f ****ing insane if you think pre-crisis superman was ever vulnerable to magic, that was a product of the depowering era, this from a guy who sneezed away an entire galaxy in the pre-crisis days, you know how powerful you have to be to make wind travel at warp speeds. or back in those days when the hand clap was popular and he regularly would clap up hurricanes, tornadoes and shit plus the writers would find a way to grant him more ridicoulous and obscure powers like super hunches and super architecture

Actually, he was, and much more so than today's Superman. I once saw him get transformed into a chimpanzee.Originally posted by whirlysplat
Breaking into heaven there goes the idea he was weak to magic with the swordsmile

He did actually break into heaven? I thought that was a Superman Prime myth.

ZephroCarnelian
PC Supes may well have been vulnerable to magic, but if he's fighting all out, he's gonna win.

He could grab King Thor in a millionth of a second, fly him into another dimension and then seal it off with super-vibrations so he couldn't magic his way back out.

Did it in '79, Superman vol 42, against a Magical Storm God...

The storm god was after an amulet, Supes grabbed it, fled with it and the storm god chased him.

Supes flew into another dimension, then when the god followed him, he flew back through the rift he'd created and sealed it off with super-vibrations that would disrupt any magical attempt at getting back to our dimension.

Even if you're magical.... do NOT mess with the S-Man...

Peace

big grin

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Actually, he was, and much more so than today's Superman. I once saw him get transformed into a chimpanzee.

He did actually break into heaven? I thought that was a Superman Prime myth.

This is secondhand so I don't know but I believe the Precrisis sword was for this purpose and this is where the confusion lies.

Pre crisis he had tricks against magic like against pre-crisis Sathanus where he kept phasing in and out of time to avoid his power and spell this was early eighties and is first handsmile

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by whirlysplat
This is secondhand so I don't know but I believe the Precrisis sword was for this purpose and this is where the confusion lies.

Pre crisis he had tricks against magic like against pre-crisis Sathanus where he kept phasing in and out of time to avoid his power and spell this was early eighties and is first handsmile

Wow. This guy had every power in the book. Never mind.

Creshosk
People take pre-crisis Supes, way too seriously. . .

joesha28
"Breaking into heaven there goes the idea he was weak to magic with the sword."

Well ppl don't use a sword on themselves. Was Superman using the sword on himself. laughing laughing laughing

"PC Supes may well have been vulnerable to magic, but if he's fighting all out, he's gonna win.

He could grab King Thor in a millionth of a second, fly him into another dimension and then seal it off with super-vibrations so he couldn't magic his way back out.

Did it in '79, Superman vol 42, against a Magical Storm God...

The storm god was after an amulet, Supes grabbed it, fled with it and the storm god chased him.

Supes flew into another dimension, then when the god followed him, he flew back through the rift he'd created and sealed it off with super-vibrations that would disrupt any magical attempt at getting back to our dimension."

He can try that a milions of millons of time and King Thor gonna comeback. Mjolnir allows him to travel between dimensions dude.

Kuntz
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Wow. This guy had every power in the book. Never mind.

Indeed CC he was ridiculous, the best bit was the rainbow that appeared when he or Superboy travelled in time, it conveniantly had day and date so he knew when to stop. :Lol:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.