Perceptions Difficult to Conceive

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediMusician
Assuming reasonably advanced, self-aware life exists somewhere in the universe (certainly not on Earth, unless they hide very well), what sorts of perceptions could they have that would simply be out of our league.
(This thread started by request of Shakyamunison)

debbiejo
Intelligence for one.....Not a whole lot of it on earth.....

Pandemoniac
As far as our little ant-farm named earth has proved, intelligence and awareness mainly bring destruction. Us humans as the prime example, but even the other more anvanced lifeforms on this planets display a increased and unnecessary longing to sadism, just for their own entertainment.
For example; only 2 animals beside us have a proved sense of humor: dolphins and chimpanzees. Both find satisfaction in hurting other animals without direct benefit for themselves, but merely for the 'fun' of it. Chimps rip smaller animals apart, throw them from trees without even eating them afterwards. Dolphins bite floating seagulls in the butt, turn turtles around and all sorts of stuff. And boy do they laugh!

The perception I would love to see in an alien life-form is the true understanding of life and nature, making them aware of what role they should take in order to benefit all life. And not the desire for domination that seems to come with intelligence.
Off-course, going that path, a species wont evolve very far because it gives it's natural enemies a fair chance to equal them, bounding themselves to remain primitive. Which is actually just what we human should have done to keep this planet clean.
Difficult subject...

Shakyamunison
Imagine a 2 dimensional world. All you would know is forward, back, right & left. Up and down would not be something you would understand; your world would be complete without it. If a 3 dimensional being were to contact a 2 dimensional being, the 3D person would be able to see inside the 2D person, inside their houses, inside their safes, inside everything from above. The 2D person would not see the 3D person hovering above, but could hear him speak from out of nowhere. The 2D person might think this was a ghost, but would be wrong. If the 3D person were to come down into the plane of the 2D person, he would pass through the plane never fully fitting into it. The 2D person would see a shape that constantly changed, like a shimmering entity.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Imagine a 2 dimensional world. All you would know is forward, back, right & left. Up and down would not be something you would understand; your world would be complete without it. If a 3 dimensional being were to contact a 2 dimensional being, the 3D person would be able to see inside the 2D person, inside their houses, inside their safes, inside everything from above. The 2D person would not see the 3D person hovering above, but could hear him speak from out of nowhere. The 2D person might think this was a ghost, but would be wrong. If the 3D person were to come down into the plane of the 2D person, he would pass through the plane never fully fitting into it. The 2D person would see a shape that constantly changed, like a shimmering entity.

That is so cool.....I think of it something like that too...and even many dimensions...that would explain many paranormal experiences.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
That is so cool.....I think of it something like that too...and even many dimensions...that would explain many paranormal experiences.

Could a 4D person look inside of us, our houses, everything? If a 4D person talked to us would the voice come from inside?

debbiejo
the voice would come from all around you....and through you..and everything else.

Shakyamunison
the voice would come from all around you....and through you..and everything else.

This is what I think; when a person encounters an entity, the encounter is coming from a place we cannot understand, so, our brains try to make sense of this thing and we see a ghost. But the ghost is not there, it is in a direction we can not understand. To find any answer, we need to look inside (into that direction we can not understand).

debbiejo
This is what I think; when a person encounters an entity, the encounter is coming from a place we cannot understand, so, our brains try to make sense of this thing and we see a ghost. But the ghost is not there, it is in a direction we can not understand. To find any answer, we need to look inside (into that direction we can not understand).

Sounds like you're talking about tuning into the different vibrations around us....Attuning ourselves to see and hear...

Shakyamunison
Sounds like you're talking about tuning into the different vibrations around us....Attuning ourselves to see and hear...

Yes, but I don't think the vibrations are around us, I think they are inside of us. This maybe just semantics.

debbiejo
Yes, but I don't think the vibrations are around us, I think they are inside of us. This maybe just semantics.

No...I think they are all around us...and can travel through us...It's the connectedness thing...all things are connected...there is no separation...just density..and different frequency of vibrations can cause the densities...Just like those zapper/Rife Machines are tuned into vibrations/frequencies to zap out viruses, bacterias, and fungus...decease's....I do own one...

Shakyamunison
No...I think they are all around us...and can travel through us...It's the connectedness thing...all things are connected...there is no separation...just density..and different frequency of vibrations can cause the densities...Just like those zapper/Rife Machines are tuned into vibrations/frequencies to zap out viruses, bacterias, and fungus...decease's....I do own one...

Happy Dance We finally have something we disagree on. stick out tongue

JediMusician
These vibrations, from what I can understand by reading what has been posted, seem to be inside of us, as well as around us.
Could there be a fifth dimensional being? Humans being fourth dimensional beings, the fourth dimension is time, which we are constantly moving through.
Would it not be able to fully interact with our world, just as we cannot interact with two or three dimensional things (which would have to exist outside of time)?
Very intriguing.

debbiejo
Happy Dance We finally have something we disagree on. stick out tongue

About time.....But I know I'm right.... stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
About time.....But I know I'm right.... stick out tongue

But that's what you always think. laughing

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JediMusician
These vibrations, from what I can understand by reading what has been posted, seem to be inside of us, as well as around us.
Could there be a fifth dimensional being? Humans being fourth dimensional beings, the fourth dimension is time, which we are constantly moving through.
Would it not be able to fully interact with our world, just as we cannot interact with two or three dimensional things (which would have to exist outside of time)?
Very intriguing.

What do you think would happen if a 5D being tried to communicate with us?

debbiejo
But that's what you always think. laughing

laughing

What do you think would happen if a 5D being tried to communicate with us?

Most of us couldn't hear it because we are not on the same vibrational level that that being was....though some are more sensitive to them..it.

JediMusician
I...*painfully admits*...have no idea.
I thought about it, and the best I can come up with doesn't even rate as a sub-plot in a B movie.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JediMusician
I...*painfully admits*...have no idea.
I thought about it, and the best I can come up with doesn't even rate as a sub-plot in a B movie.

First of all, have you ever looked at those t-shirts with the out of focus text on them? When I look at them my brain tries to focus the text but can't. This makes me feel kind of sick, so I look away. This is probably similar to what would happen to us at first. The brain will try to make sense of this happening, and if it fails, you will feel sick. Then, if we don't just run away, we may have hallucinations. This is the brain struggling with the information. What do you think?

JediMusician
That makes sense. That's kind of like how some people believe if you heard the actual voice of God, you would be destroyed, except in more practical proportions.

debbiejo
This is interesting....I remember reading that when ships came to America...The Natives didn't see them coming until they were very close...it was because they had never seen a ship and so it didn't register in their brains what they were seeing...

Different from what you are saying....but similar too...Just like from a different view...If a person is blind at birth but later is able to regain eye site...their brains won't perceive it, because it has no reference...and so they would still be blind.

I believe that the brain acts more as a receiver...a receiver and not the originator of things..You can, however, train your brain to receive things if you can change the vibrational frequencies...which is quite common..many do it.

.OH...hard to explain..

Atlantis001

Great Vengeance
Exactly, theres an infinite amount of things we cant percept, reality is never true reality just a perception of it.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
As far as our little ant-farm named earth has proved, intelligence and awareness mainly bring destruction. Us humans as the prime example, but even the other more anvanced lifeforms on this planets display a increased and unnecessary longing to sadism, just for their own entertainment.
For example; only 2 animals beside us have a proved sense of humor: dolphins and chimpanzees. Both find satisfaction in hurting other animals without direct benefit for themselves, but merely for the 'fun' of it. Chimps rip smaller animals apart, throw them from trees without even eating them afterwards. Dolphins bite floating seagulls in the butt, turn turtles around and all sorts of stuff. And boy do they laugh! Humor is always at the expensive of the butt of the joke. . . Observe:

First of all, have you ever looked at those t-shirts with the out of focus text on them? When I look at them my brain tries to focus the text but can't. This makes me feel kind of sick, so I look away. The shirts say "No sex causes bad eyes."

debbiejo
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Exactly, theres an infinite amount of things we cant percept, reality is never true reality just a perception of it.

Exactly...That's how I think it works...you and Atlantis001...there are other dimensions all around us that most of us cannot perceive...It would explain many paranormal experiences...It could also explain where this place "Heaven" might be...not a place up in the sky...just in a different vibrational level that we cannot perceive....when your solid/denser body dies, it's vibrational essences is no longer perceived by us because the solid part that was holding it is now gone..... It can't be perceived by other beings that are solid...solid being a lower vibration.

Shakyamunison
Exactly...That's how I think it works...you and Atlantis001...there are other dimensions all around us that most of us cannot perceive...It would explain many paranormal experiences...It could also explain where this place "Heaven" might be...not a place up in the sky...just in a different vibrational level that we cannot perceive....when your solid/denser body dies, it's vibrational essences is no longer perceived by us because the solid part that was holding it is now gone..... It can't be perceived by other beings that are solid...solid being a lower vibration.

Now you seem to be getting close to something I've been struggling to put into words; there is no "over there", it is all "right here..."

Now does that make more sense?

Atlantis001

debbiejo

Shakyamunison
A new field to rediscover without any biases.

We just have to be careful about those people who will go "I hear what the universe is saying, and it tells me to screw you to my advantage".

Atlantis001

debbiejo
We just have to be careful about those people who will go "I hear what the universe is saying, and it tells me to screw you to my advantage".

Yup....I've heard that horse of a different color speaking before....just different place. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.