spoilers - qui gon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sand person no. 10
where was he, i'd heard all about these ghosts and he wasn't there. ush my friend all that debating and for what?

Ushgarak
As was clearly described in those discussions, Qui-Gon's voice is heard in the film, just after Anakin kills the Tuskens.

sarlacc
i was disappointed that that was all there was. most people probably didn't pick up on that though. i was looking for it, but was hoping they would talk about it. maybe a little explanation. now, we think we heard qui-gon but have all the same questions.

Emperor Helmet
Don't worry, everything will be covered.

queeq
The ghost will come...

finti
hisvoice was there allright, if not then it must be the greatest illusionist trick of all time (jedi mind trick wink )

yerssot
but that noooooooooooo wasn't him

[Ben Kenobi]
The voice you hear is actually Obi-Wan (i think), because it's the same dialogue he shouts as Anakin goes to attack Dooku on his own and gets fried.

I think it's just Yoda seeing into the future.

"no, Anakin, NO!"

yerssot
sure?

[Ben Kenobi]
I'm pretty confident it is him, im watching it now and it is almost the same.

In fact its near identical.

yerssot
k

Ushgarak
There is no way that is Obi-Wan's line.

ToMacco
Agree with Ush on this one. Definatly Qui-gon.

It sounds like when Qui-gon shouted to Ani to drop when Maul attacked while boarding the ship on Tatooine.

Dejio
It's exactly the same. Except for the "No" part.

My theory is that GL and Liam had some kind of differences before or during the making of AOTC and Liam doesn't want to work on Star Wars anymore. And since GL still needs to give a hint that QGJ's spirit still exists, GL just rehashed the recordings from TPM.

Ushgarak
Absolutely no evidence of any differences at all. It probably just wasn't worth the fee and trouble for Liam to do one line. Liam has suggested that he could be in ep. iii.

Julie
Who's to day that the "ghost" didn't show up...a movie can only show so many things...as I recall Qui Gon's voice was heard while the view was in the council chambers.....not that I believe a word of it wink

yerssot
just like in ANH, you didn't saw OB1, you heared him though

GordonSkywalker
All shall be revealed when that happens.

Mujaffa
is yerssot back??

finti
it was posted the 19 of may MJ

Mujaffa
oh crap...so it was...

master harmax
But u know, that definitely IS Qui-Gon's voice .... including the Noooooooo !!

Julie
and.......

Member.
It can't be OB1 since he was busy undercover. It would be nice if it was Qui-Gon, sounded like him though. I rewatched episode I, then episode II where Anakin goes on rapage. Qui-Gon is one with the force now, he probably was watching over him all the time or something.

queeq
It was Qui-Gon.... GL said so and also said he compiled it from two lines from TPM.

Member.
Well then, GL said it!

queeq
He did.

Ushgarak
No no, Qui-Gon did, remember?

queeq
Qui-Gon said NOOOOOOOOO!!

GL said YES!!! It was Qui-Gon... big grin

Ushgarak
Actually, I think QGJ only said 'Anakin'.

Captain REX
I don't think it was Qui-Gon saying "NOOOOOO!" It might have been a Tusken (IMO), because you hear some noises that lead you to think Yoda is "predicting" Anakin's dirty little secret.

queeq
QGJ said: "Anakin!!! Noooooo!!!!". GL said so, whatever you guys think. He also said that he edited both pieces from lines from TPM.

Ushgarak
Where does GL says it is also the 'noooo'? I've never seen that specified, and it sounds nothing like Liam.

queeq

GordonSkywalker
Yeah, I read that too!

Ushgarak
And me too. But I am still sure the 'nooo' is something else- it is the 'Anakin' that is QGJ.

Captain REX
I still think it might be a Tusken, but I'm not sure. Kinda hard when there is nothing to be seen...

queeq
But isn't the "noooo" supposed to be QGJ? No matter if Neeson read that or not? I thought it was.

GordonSkywalker
I do not know...

Ushgarak
No, no indication that is meant to be QGJ at all.

queeq
It's not Yoda... doesn't sound like Anakin, nor like a Tusken. So who can it be?

Ushgarak
I think it sounded more like Anakin than QGJ... but I really don't know. it is the subject of a alot of speculation. It COULD be QGJ after all, of course.

Member.
if only GL would tell us.

LanceWindu
By now we all know that "Anakin, Anakin!" is QGJ, I am going with REXXY about the "NOOOO!" as being a Tusken, it's most definately not Yoda or QGJ's voices.

queeq
I don't find that credible at all. I never ever heard in all three movies that had Tuskens, sandpeople talking English. No way.

Even though it may not be Neeson's voice, I am quite sure it is supposed to be QGJ's. Why the heck would Anakin scream "noooo"? He looks pretty determined to carve up the Tuskens.

Ushgarak
Could be Anakin's feelings at that point.

queeq
Well..... that's even more unlikely than the "noooo" being QGJ. That's just reaching.

Ushgarak
Huh? Nonsense. The Force is all about sensing feelings. Anakin is in a great deal of denial and anger at the time. Not reaching at all.

queeq
Yes it is. Feelings and hearing people are quite different. GL said that this line is a plot clue. So why would a meditating Jedi hearing another Jedi who is still alive be an interesting plot point? That way they would be able to read each other's minds and that doesn't sound very SW. And they would be able to prevent a lot of problems. Only QGJ saying something as 'coming back from the dead' and becoming one with the Force is crucial here. GL said that the plot point of this line was about that.

Ushgarak
(shrugs). If you insist, but it seems very reasonable to me that if you could hear QGJ's dead voice trying to contact Anakin at that moment, then you could also hear Anakin's emotional state in the form of words at that moment also. Hearing Anakin AS HE STARTS HIS FALL strikes me as a very pertinent plot point.

GordonSkywalker
Okay, so we all know that it is the slain Master Qui-Gon Jinn who shouts Amakin's name,but what about the "Nooooo!?" What if(as someone said two lines were cut from The Phantom Menace by Mr Lucas),the "Nooo!" is actually Obi-Wan Kenobi shouting as he witnesses Qui-Gon cut down by Maul? It might tie in with Qui-Gon's death. It has been suggested at different points that the whole mystery seems to involve him and Anakin as the Chosen One.

Ushgarak
People have also tried to theorise it is a line from episode iii.

Ah well, we have not really enough information.

GordonSkywalker
A line from Episode III? I had not thought of that possibility. Most interesting...Something to tie in with the belief that Qui-Gon will be involved somehow in the outcome of that story? Most interesting.

queeq
The only difference is that we have heard people talking after their death before, and we never heard of Jedi hearing voices of Jedi wo were still alive.
Sure, we haven't got enough info. But working with what we have, hearing a soul's voice of a living Jedi is something unprecedented in all SW films. Hearing the voice of a dead Jedi is not.

Member.
erm

queeq
Meaning?

Ushgarak
Nonsense, we've heard the emotions and thoughts of Jedi broadcast before- Luke and Vader in ESB.

"Father"
"Son"
"Leia"
"Noooooo"

Seems to follow just fine to me. Short, emotional bursts.

finti
yeah Ush is right

queeq
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. But those were lines said out loud and aimed, not an emotion contradictory to the action. I still see a discrepancy there.

Corran
Luke did not say Leia out loud did he? I though he just tried to reach out with the force.

queeq
Yes he did. He said "Leia" very distinctively, right after he was trying to reach out to Ben.

Corran
I was thinking more when he was hanging from an antenna off cloud city when he closed his eyes and used the force to direct Leia in the Falcon to where he was.

Ushgarak
They said it out loud before merely so we (the audience) knew what it was they were thinking.

We only saw thing on the receving end in AOTC so it needed to be portrayed differently.

IF that is it, of course; it was only an idea.

queeq
I know. Still, it is rather puzzling.

Julie
puzzles are good sometimes.....puzzling things however are usually quite annoying

queeq
Especially when they're not solved.

RyFreedman
Is it possible that Qui Gon was one with the darkside. Since he was so passionate, at odds with the jedi counsel and relied on his emotions - it could be very well possible. He might have also sensed Anakin's dark future.

Ushgarak
No, QGJ clearly a Light Side character. He may have been defiant but he let his instincts guide him, NOT his emotions.

Rogue Jedi
yes, he is all jedi. not a trace of the dark side in him.....

queeq
I agree.

Blissbo
That Noooo! could have been Anakin responding to QGJ when he says his name. QGJ was trying to help him and maybe Anakin was sick of it (as he said earlier in the movie, Obi-Wan is holding me back). It might not have sounded too much like Anakin (if at all) but they could have used the change in his voice to match his darker emotions at that time.

Kiwan
if any of u have watched episode II with subtitles, it says that the Anakin and the noooo! part is Qui-Gon's voice.

finti
so it did with the Norwegian subtitles

yerssot
so said Liam Neeson in an interview too

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.