ADD - Whats your opinion on it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChickenKing
what is your opinion on the disease that has so called "infected" many kids in the last decade. Personally...i think it is funny as hell but useless...I mean if kids cant pay attention to one thing for more than 10 mins, then how are they playing these video games for hours upon time?

Kharhmah
no expression

ChickenKing
nice opinion....... no expression

Kharhmah
I know. no expression

§pearhead
I love it...wait...what were we talking about?

Kharhmah

Whittdawg92
yes... I know what you're talking about that makes absolutl---- hey look a bee! hee hee hee I love the--- hey look a bird!

*Danii*
I think this belongs in the General forum thingy. . . confused

Whittdawg92
word

Kharhmah
General Discussion. yes

alcoholicpoet
This thread will drown and die on page 9 before a mod can move it.

magic_hate_ball
Originally posted by alcoholicpoet
This thread will drown and die on page 9 before a mod can move it.
more than likely....

Syren
Originally posted by ChickenKing
what is your opinion on the disease that has so called "infected" many kids in the last decade. Personally...i think it is funny as hell but useless...I mean if kids cant pay attention to one thing for more than 10 mins, then how are they playing these video games for hours upon time?

detective

They thought my brother had ADHD, but we figured he was simply advanced academically and his school and surroundings weren't supplying him with enough outlet for his boredom erm Consequently, my mother bought him another games console roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkC
Thank god for Ritalin.

Darth_Otaku

I think you mean ADHD roll eyes (sarcastic)

Syren
Either or, it doesn't matter so much..

Attention Deficit Disorder or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

Darth_Otaku
Originally posted by Syren
Either or, it doesn't matter so much..

Attention Deficit Disorder or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

ADD is a ''disease'' that involves.Acting stupid or even obnoxious,when they don't get enough attention

Syren
Originally posted by Darth_Otaku
ADD is a ''disease'' that involves.Acting stupid or even obnoxious,when they don't get enough attention

Actually no, you're grossly misinformed erm

It's a mental disconnection, someone who finds it difficult to occupy themselves or focus for long periods of time.

Darth_Otaku
Actually no, you're grossly misinformed erm

It's a mental disconnection, someone who finds it difficult to occupy themselves or focus for long periods of time.

Thats ADHD.I know ADD my brother has it. sad

Syren
They're the bloody same laughing out loud

Syren
The attention part does not refer to someone acting obnoxiously when they don't get enough od it, it refers to their being unable to concentrate for long periods of time; they have an inability to remain attentive.

Darth_Otaku
The attention part does not refer to someone acting obnoxiously when they don't get enough od it, it refers to their being unable to concentrate for long periods of time; they have an inability to remain attentive.

When Having ADD they seek attention cuz they think they don't get enough of it.

Syren
When Having ADD they seek attention cuz they think they don't get enough of it.

no

It's not that at all, well I suppose it could be indirectly.. the word 'attention' in the name does not mean they aren't getting enough attention, it means they can't pay enough attention to the things around them.

Darth_Otaku

i know what it means goddammit.
But you're thinking of SDHD which is not the same as ADD.

Hermaph
Aight I'll settle this easy. My brother has ADHD or thats what the Doc says. Any ways, its never been actually proven that ADD or ADHD even exists. These disorders are nothing but theories of what a doctors think cause them. My brother wus diagnosed with it because he fidgeted when they were testing him for it. There is also another theory about these that they are actually caused by the diet of the one with the disorder. My brother and many of the kids I know who have ADD or ADHD tend to skip meals and eat lots of chocolate cookies and soda. Its still though, as i said, has not been actually determined wut causes these people to act how they do

Rogue Jedi
my opinion is that ADD is.........i'm sorry, what was i saying? laughing out loud

§P0oONY

i know what it means goddammit.
But you're thinking of SDHD which is not the same as ADD.

THEY ARE THE SAME!

Hermaph
They technically are the same thing and they dont switch topics randomly or forget what they were saying. Its nothing like that. Its more like when someones talking they cant focus on them if they find it boring. Same as when a teachers talking, they space out or do their own thing although i find that most peope do that anyways

justjakk
i myself cannot find enough in me to stay connected to certain set plan. i will often say i will do something and while doing it i will get bored and decide to put it off until later. another word for my ailement is lazy. these kids may not have the same thing but in most cases it will be someone who just doesnt care to listen. my cousin used to say he didnt know why he acted up in school, but when he was getting his butt beat for acting up, he starting getting back into the flow of things. disipline in small doces is a good thing. if he didnt have a mother who desiplined him for the things he did or friends who would beat the snott out of him for being obnoxious, he may still have been the way he was. i am not saying toss a kid around for being hyper. im saying set some limits, if they cross them, there is consequesnces. a person should learn from the beggining of life that there is accepted and not accepted actions. if not, then we get prolly half the people in kmc now. j/k really do you want your kids to grow up like tth, rob, spoony, dave, or me?

§P0oONY
Originally posted by justjakk
a person should learn from the beggining of life that there is accepted and not accepted actions. if not, then we get prolly half the people in kmc now. j/k really do you want your kids to grow up like tth, rob, spoony, dave, or me?

laughing

Burner
detective

They thought my brother had ADHD, but we figured he was simply advanced academically and his school and surroundings weren't supplying him with enough outlet for his boredom erm Consequently, my mother bought him another games console roll eyes (sarcastic)

I think I have ADD 'cause I lose focus on stuff all the time 'cause not many things can keep me very interested, but I also think I have the school thing like your brother. I get in arguments with teachers because their classes bore me so much, and I don't do the work for the same reason pushing me into even more sped classes. Its funny, but its also very annoying.

And about the ADD or ADHD meaning the get a lack of attention towards them is false, they aren't all obnoxious and seeking attention, only the people who have grown to be like that are like that. You don't have to have a disease to be that way.

Dr. Badass420
coffee1 because the other day my friend gave me some of her boyfriends sleeping medication, because he has ADHD, i guess he needs help sleeping, and OMFG that shit was strong, i passed out for like 3 hours, and then when i woke up it felt like i was dead, my face was literally green! i still cant remeber what i did for the rest of the day in school, though. but does anybody here have ADHD, cuz i want to know if the pill was actually supposed to work that good?
smokin' blue

Blizzard
I have ADHD.

Dr. Badass420
Originally posted by Blizzard
I have ADHD.
do you have pills to help you sleep because of your ADHD?

Blizzard
No, but I used to take Ritalin.

It used to help me relax and that is probably what he gave you.

Was it a blue or yellow pill with a number on it?

lord xyz
Originally posted by alcoholicpoet
This thread will drown and die on page 9 before a mod can move it. We'll see about that.

Dr. Badass420
No, but I used to take Ritalin.

It used to help me relax and that is probably what he gave you.

Was it a blue or yellow pill with a number on it?
it was a white pill, with nothing on it

Blizzard
Generic Ritalin, I guarantee it.

Dr. Badass420
Generic Ritalin, I guarantee it.
that shit is crazy, did yours have that affect too?

Blizzard
No, because I have ADHD. Those who do not will experience differential effects.

Dr. Badass420
oh, wow, i was ****ing crazy man.

lord xyz
I might have ADHD.

Dr. Badass420
Originally posted by lord xyz
I might have ADHD.
might?!? shock

Blizzard
Originally posted by Dr. Badass420
oh, wow, i was ****ing crazy man.

Lol?

Dr. Badass420
Lol?
oh that was a typo, i meant 'it was ****ing crazy'

shy

Blizzard
I know. stick out tongue

Dr. Badass420
I know. stick out tongue
smartass big grin

lord xyz
Originally posted by Dr. Badass420
might?!? shock Well, I'm not for certain, but I do follow some of the symptons. Hehe.

Dr. Badass420
Originally posted by lord xyz
Well, I'm not for certain, but I do follow some of the symptons. Hehe.
coffee1 hmmm....very interesting, anything else you would like to share while you are here?

Lana

That, and like all mental disorders, the medication will effect people differently. So you and someone else with ADHD can have different reactions to the same meds.

My brother and I both have ADHD, and both were on ritalin when we were younger; made him more hyperactive, and made me just completely zone out even more than I did already. Needless to say neither of us were on it long.

On one hand, while it's annoying that I have an incredibly hard time paying attention to things, on the other I don't think I'd've gotten as far with my artwork as I have...

Blizzard
Originally posted by Lana
That, and like all mental disorders, the medication will effect people differently. So you and someone else with ADHD can have different reactions to the same meds.

My brother and I both have ADHD, and both were on ritalin when we were younger; made him more hyperactive, and made me just completely zone out even more than I did already. Needless to say neither of us were on it long.

On one hand, while it's annoying that I have an incredibly hard time paying attention to things, on the other I don't think I'd've gotten as far with my artwork as I have...

Naturally, but those who lack the disorder will become tired. Methylphenidate has amazingly differential effects on people with certain disorders. Hell, people with narcolepsy take Ritalin to help keep themselves aware and awake, per se.

Usually, Methylphenidate used on entities with ADHD gives them a relaxed and aware feeling, centering them to concentrate. Those who do not have ADHD may feel extreme drowsiness due to the fact they are not hyper.

Strangelove
There's no such thing as 'ADD.' Everyone has trouble concentrating every once in a while. It's just a madeup disorder so they can sell bullshit 'medicine' that actually makes the 'afflicted' one boring and despondent. I know, I had a friend who had this so-called 'ADD'

Blizzard
No, not really.

ADHD has been scientifically proven to be a neurological disorder.

Your logic is quite messy. By that logic, I could refer to any disorder as false or falsified.

Lana
Naturally, but those who lack the disorder will become tired. Methylphenidate has amazingly differential effects on people with certain disorders. Hell, people with narcolepsy take Ritalin to help keep themselves aware and awake, per se.

Usually, Methylphenidate used on entities with ADHD gives them a relaxed and aware feeling, centering them to concentrate. Those who do not have ADHD may feel extreme drowsiness due to the fact they are not hyper.

Usually but not always; it also depends on the severity of the person's ADHD, as well as other factors, such as if they have another disorder as well.

Ahh, the fun world of the effects of prescription drugs. Something I won't touch with a 10 foot pole stick out tongue

Originally posted by Strangelove
There's no such thing as 'ADD.' Everyone has trouble concentrating every once in a while. It's just a madeup disorder so they can sell bullshit 'medicine' that actually makes the 'afflicted' one boring and despondent. I know, I had a friend who had this so-called 'ADD'

Please tell me you're being sarcastic, dear What the f**k?

Strangelove
Please tell me you're being sarcastic, dear What the f**k? A little. I know it's a real disorder, but I still think it's unnecessary to medicate for it, it makes the people less fun

Blizzard
Usually but not always; it also depends on the severity of the person's ADHD, as well as other factors, such as if they have another disorder as well.

Ahh, the fun world of the effects of prescription drugs. Something I won't touch with a 10 foot pole stick out tongue

Please tell me you're being sarcastic, dear What the f**k?

Naturally, the effects will alter depending on the person.

LOL! God, some Prescription drugs are worse than illegal narcotics. stick out tongue

Blizzard
A little. I know it's a real disorder, but I still think it's unnecessary to medicate for it, it makes the people less fun

I was the most hyperactive nut case ever.

Strangelove
I was the most hyperactive nut case ever. Yeah, well severe cases notwithstanding.

I'm referring to the overdiagnosis of the disorder, mostly. Any child who overacts these days is 'diagnosed' and medicated at once. It makes me sick

Lana
A little. I know it's a real disorder, but I still think it's unnecessary to medicate for it, it makes the people less fun

Well, I'm personally of the belief that in general, doctors overmedicate people. However, there ARE cases where medication is the only thing that will help that person. Better for them to be able to keep their disorder under control and be a bit 'less fun' in the eyes of someone else, than be unable to control themselves.

Naturally, the effects will alter depending on the person.

LOL! God, some Prescription drugs are worse than illegal narcotics. stick out tongue

I'm actually majoring in psychology, and eventually going for a doctorate. I decided right off the bat that no I will NOT be a psychiatrist, because for starters the actual medical side of psychology does not interest me that much, and anyway...yeah. Don't want to deal with the mess that is medicine. I'm much more interested in working out what causes things and that sort of thing.

I was the most hyperactive nut case ever.

I'm very fidgety, and can get hyperactive, but as a whole I just simply cannot focus on and pay attention to things. I was one of those kids in high school that never did any work, completely zoned out in class because I was bored mindless, and still aced my tests. 'Twas interesting, but I've really got to force myself to at least TRY and focus now. Which is hard.

Blizzard
Well, I'm personally of the belief that in general, doctors overmedicate people. However, there ARE cases where medication is the only thing that will help that person. Better for them to be able to keep their disorder under control and be a bit 'less fun' in the eyes of someone else, than be unable to control themselves.

I'm actually majoring in psychology, and eventually going for a doctorate. I decided right off the bat that no I will NOT be a psychiatrist, because for starters the actual medical side of psychology does not interest me that much, and anyway...yeah. Don't want to deal with the mess that is medicine. I'm much more interested in working out what causes things and that sort of thing.

I'm very fidgety, and can get hyperactive, but as a whole I just simply cannot focus on and pay attention to things. I was one of those kids in high school that never did any work, completely zoned out in class because I was bored mindless, and still aced my tests. 'Twas interesting, but I've really got to force myself to at least TRY and focus now. Which is hard.

I'm EXTREMELY fidgety. I always have to play with something in my hands or chew on gum. I only like paying attentions to things that interest me. School was not one of them.

Yeah, I want to be a lawyer, just so I have an excuse to debate and to make money doing it. stick out tongue

Blizzard
Yeah, well severe cases notwithstanding.

I'm referring to the overdiagnosis of the disorder, mostly. Any child who overacts these days is 'diagnosed' and medicated at once. It makes me sick

I can see your concern there.

Lana
I'm EXTREMELY fidgety. I always have to play with something in my hands or chew on gum. I only like paying attentions to things that interest me. School was not one of them.

Yeah, I want to be a lawyer, just so I have an excuse to debate and to make money doing it. stick out tongue

I'm always playing with my hair or kicking my feet or something laughing out loud

It amuses people with my attention span. Put me in a classroom and unless it's an interesting class (read: science (physics in particular), psych, or something creative), my ability to pay attention flies out the window. However, my hobbies run to the creative spectrum of things; I like to make art, I write, and I like to design and make costumes. It boggles people's minds when I can't pay attention to something like 5 minutes of class, but can put in 50 hours of painstaking work on a costume, or spend 30 hours on a painting, or read for 10 hours in one day, or do nothing but write for a week straight...that's stuff that interests me.

Though on the other hand, if it IS a class I'm interested, I'll do something like read the textbook in my free time laughing out loud

Blizzard
I'm always playing with my hair or kicking my feet or something laughing out loud

It amuses people with my attention span. Put me in a classroom and unless it's an interesting class (read: science (physics in particular), psych, or something creative), my ability to pay attention flies out the window. However, my hobbies run to the creative spectrum of things; I like to make art, I write, and I like to design and make costumes. It boggles people's minds when I can't pay attention to something like 5 minutes of class, but can put in 50 hours of painstaking work on a costume, or spend 30 hours on a painting, or read for 10 hours in one day, or do nothing but write for a week straight...that's stuff that interests me.

Though on the other hand, if it IS a class I'm interested, I'll do something like read the textbook in my free time laughing out loud

I hated math. Got so bored in class, I'd just talk and fiddle around. Then I'd get home and spend nine to ten hours sitting at my PC working on my novel. stick out tongue

I loved Science . . . Especially Biology and Earth Science.

Lana
I hated math. Got so bored in class, I'd just talk and fiddle around. Then I'd get home and spend nine to ten hours sitting at my PC working on my novel. stick out tongue

I loved Science . . . Especially Biology and Earth Science.

Math is evil. Very very evil. Luckily (or unluckily?) I was good at it, though I have a problem in that if I don't learn something in math the first time, it will forever confuse the hell out of me. Due to a crappy teacher in high school, I cannot understand trig for the life of me.

Physics was always my favorite science class, followed by chemistry, though I liked biology a lot as well. Genetics in particular I liked studying in bio, plus I took AP Bio so we got to do all sorts of neat labs (like one where we got to simulate how they seperate out the DNA from a cell. That was awesome). But yeah, physics definitely my favorite.

Also helped that I had an insane teacher that made class a lot of fun stick out tongue

Blizzard
Math is evil. Very very evil. Luckily (or unluckily?) I was good at it, though I have a problem in that if I don't learn something in math the first time, it will forever confuse the hell out of me. Due to a crappy teacher in high school, I cannot understand trig for the life of me.

Physics was always my favorite science class, followed by chemistry, though I liked biology a lot as well. Genetics in particular I liked studying in bio, plus I took AP Bio so we got to do all sorts of neat labs (like one where we got to simulate how they seperate out the DNA from a cell. That was awesome). But yeah, physics definitely my favorite.

Also helped that I had an insane teacher that made class a lot of fun stick out tongue

I actually got a 96% on my final Trigonometry test. I was very good at that and Spacial Geometry.

Chemistry wasn't bad but I hated Physics because it involed alot of mathematics! stick out tongue

My Math teacher was the largest cock ever.

Lana
I actually got a 96% on my final Trigonometry test. I was very good at that and Spacial Geometry.

Chemistry wasn't bad but I hated Physics because it involed alot of mathematics! stick out tongue

My Math teacher was the largest cock ever.

Physics did involve a lot of math, but the math itself was fairly simple and it was the concepts behind it that's ultimately more important. Plus you can't help but love a class where the assistant principal brings you outside, hands everyone stop watches, and you look up and see the teacher on the roof, going "I'm going to drop this pumpkin and you need to time from when I drop it until it hits the ground, and we'll use that to determine the rate of gravity!"

Seriously, that was my physics class in high school...laughing out loud it was awesome.

My trig teacher was an assface, he couldn't teach and he was always hitting on the girls in my class. I was a sophomore when I took that, so we were all 15-16 years old. Yeah, creepy.

Blizzard
Ewww, very creepy.

I had an affair with one of my substitute social teachers, Ms. Peterson.

stick out tongue Lol. I was seveteen and she was twenty three. Made school fun for a while.

Blizzard
Yeah, I'm a total conversation killer . . .

stick out tongue

Dr. Badass420
obviously i can say that this medicine is far from a Placebo

soin2cal
what is ADD?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.