Darth Sidious and Darth Tyranus vs. Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Windu
Hm?

darthrevan89
Hmm this is a tough one...I can't decide.

darthrevan89
Good thread by the way...were a little short on those.

Darth Windu
yes

Darth_Janus
Yeah, I agree. While neither on their own is capable of defeating Exar Kun, I wonder how they could fare together. This would depend really on whether or not Sidious and Dooku make a worthy team. We have no evidence to think so.

darthrevan89
Hey Janus were did you get that backround pic for your sig?

Back on topic...I think Sids and Dooku could work well together, I mean after all they were master and apprentice. Another reason is because it seems to be a good mesh of skills. Sidious is skilled in the use of the Force while Dooku commands a masterful skill of Makashi. This in my opinon would make a good combo.

Darth Windu
Looks like from the "Making of Revenge of the Sith."

Darth_Janus
Nope. KOTOR artowork from the site, methinks...

Darth Windu
Mehah. . .

JediMusician
I think Sidious and Tyranus could take Kun. Sidious might at first want to replace Tyranus with Kun, but upon realizing Kun was more powerful than he himself was, he would help Tyranus defeat him.

Illustrious
Tyrannus may be a great fencer, but what is he going to do against a foe with two sabers and the ability to move and attack faster than he can parry? Fall over and die?

What has Sidious (not DE Sidious) demonstrated in force combat besides his ability to shoot lightning? Lightning that Exar could counter.

If they work cohesively IN LIGHTSABER combat, they could pull it off, but a double sided lightsaber can help in defense.

Otherwise, if they even have the slightest problems in collusion, Exar takes this.

It seems more likely they may come across a small snag more often than working together perfectly. Exar can take this.

Arbiter
Anakin and Obi-Wan together made up 2 sabers and Dooku proved to be better then then. Anakin used 2 sabers against Dooku in ATOC but Dooku still won. And it's not like you can swing both ends of the double-bladed saber since they're connected and Obi-Wan managed to beat Maul with his double-bladed saber and Dooku is sooooooooo much better then Obi-Wan in dueling.

Darth Windu
Shut up.

Arbiter
Huh?

Illustrious
Yeah, and Exar Kun isn't named "Anakin", "Obi-Wan", or "Maul", is he?

Arbiter
Exar never dueled Dooku or anyone in Dooku's time period now did he?

Darth Windu
Meaning what? What does that matter? He dueled people better than those in that time period. Ulic could stand up to Yoda and Sidious, and likely take Dooku. Exar would crush Ulic after he gained his Sith might.

Arbiter
How do you know this? Prove it. You're saying that Exar is so good because of what you have read? Anyone can write something but seeing and doing are 2 totally different things. Plus Dooku has 7 decades of Jedi Training and a decade of Sith Training. Sidious is on Yoda's level. Here's a question for you Darth Windu. Why would Exar win? All I seen you do this thread is ***** about why Exar would win. Where's your proof? Dooku is unequaled in dueling in the Jedi Order and Sidious proved to be a powerful force user.

darthrevan89
Originally posted by JediMusician
I think Sidious and Tyranus could take Kun. Sidious might at first want to replace Tyranus with Kun, but upon realizing Kun was more powerful than he himself was, he would help Tyranus defeat him.

Dude this is a vs thread not who Sidious would pick to be his apprentice.

darthrevan89
Originally posted by Arbiter
How do you know this? Prove it. You're saying that Exar is so good because of what you have read? Anyone can write something but seeing and doing are 2 totally different things. Plus Dooku has 7 decades of Jedi Training and a decade of Sith Training. Sidious is on Yoda's level. Here's a question for you Darth Windu. Why would Exar win? All I seen you do this thread is ***** about why Exar would win. Where's your proof? Dooku is unequaled in dueling in the Jedi Order and Sidious proved to be a powerful force user.

Arbiter...WTF are talking about?

Dooku may have been unequeled in HIS OWN TIME(key phrase) but back during the time when Sith and Jedi fought non stop doesn't it make sense for Jedi to be far more proficiant in saber duling than the movie era?

Sidious proved to be a powerful force user? Wow in case you haven't noticed a number of SW characters have proven to be powerful force users and Exar Kun is very high on that list. The dude literally absorbed the life force of an entire race. And if you wan't proof of Kun's abilities go ahead and read the "Tales of The Jedi" comic book series and "The Great Sith War".

Arbiter
How do you know if they fought nonstopped? Dooku had time to perfect his skills and their were small wars the Jedi helped in before the PT. Their hasn't been a fullscale war but their were wars.

darthrevan89
Originally posted by Arbiter
How do you know if they fought nonstopped? Dooku had time to perfect his skills and their were small wars the Jedi helped in before the PT. Their hasn't been a fullscale war but their were wars.

Um...hmm lets see.

The Great Hyperspace War = Fullscale war

The Great Sith War = Fullscale war

Mandalorian War = Fullscale war

The Jedi Civil War = Fullscale war

There is a big differnece between training your skills in actual battle or in a training yard. Actual battle gives you skills and experience that practicing in a dueling room can never give you. Exar Kun, fought in battle and slaughed Jedi Master's like it was his job. Granted Dooku was a master duelist, but Exar Kun invented the Double-Bladed Lightsaber for God's sake!

Kam Solusar
good point

Darth_Janus
Arbiter, STFU. You can't argue this, so please, stop trying.

BTW, nice sig darthrevan89.

darthrevan89
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Arbiter, STFU. You can't argue this, so please, stop trying.

BTW, nice sig darthrevan89.

Thanks

darth zamorak
yeah good sig,
I agree with illustrious on this one.

awesome thread by the way

Darth_Janus
How'd you make it?

darthrevan89
How'd you make it?

You mean my sig?

darthrevan89
Hey for all you female sith lovers out there! I was bored so I made a random sith lady sig. All you need to do is use paint to add your screen name.

Darth Windu
Arbiter- How the HELL would I SEE Exar fight? There're no ****ing movies about him, you retard. And the only proof I've seen comin' from your sorry ass is that you can't swing a double-bladed lightsaber. Whup. STFU, and don't ever try to insinuate bull like that against me again. I normally don't go on these kinds of tantrums, and this is the first time I've said half the things on this thread, but you're pissing me off more than anyone has yet so far.

darthrevan89
Originally posted by Darth Windu
Arbiter- How the HELL would I SEE Exar fight? There're no ****ing movies about him, you retard. And the only proof I've seen comin' from your sorry ass is that you can't swing a double-bladed lightsaber. Whup. STFU, and don't ever try to insinuate bull like that against me again. I normally don't go on these kinds of tantrums, and this is the first time I've said half the things on this thread, but you're pissing me off more than anyone has yet so far.

Hey Windu in situations like this...just act like Janus. Trust me it works every time.

Darth Windu
???

darthrevan89
Hey another random sith sig for anyone that want's one! (can you tell I'm bored?)

darthrevan89
Oops forgot to add it on the last post...

darthrevan89
???

Don't get angry (although I know its hard believe me) just outsmart them and make them look like idiots.

Darth Windu
Ahah, the famous PWN3D! Gotcha.

Darth Windu

Meh. I was pissed off. Forget that ever happened. Not the normal me.

darthrevan89
Why is it that people never post in the good threads? I mean you see all these pathetic noobs threads with people posting in them like crazy then you come to a good thread like this one and hardly anyone has posted despite the fact that over 100 people have viewed it...

Darth_Janus
Oh yeah... I meant to ask, Revan89... Do you make your own on Photoshop? I'm still tinkering with the program, teaching myself. I want to make signatures but I have difficulty in two areas:

- Isolating and blending models (Especially if the background clashes when using the standard blending tool)

- Making something look nice and crisp and still be able to upload to KMC.

darthrevan89
Oh yeah... I meant to ask, Revan89... Do you make your own on Photoshop? I'm still tinkering with the program, teaching myself. I want to make signatures but I have difficulty in two areas:

- Isolating and blending models (Especially if the background clashes when using the standard blending tool)

- Making something look nice and crisp and still be able to upload to KMC.

Ok in reply to your question. No I do not use Photoshop although I do have a copy of it. Instead of prefer Paint Shop Pro. I would help you if I could, but since I hardly ever use Photoshop I know very little about it. I will try my best however.

From what, I see of your sigs it seems that your using the arithmetic function or at least a photoshop equivilant of it to blend differnt pics. Now on Pain Shop Pro I use a tool called "Clone Brush" which allows me to take parts of a pic and slowly fade them into the main picture and since Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop are pretty much alike, I'm sure Photoshop should have somthing like this.

Darth_Janus
Gotcha... thanks...

Illustrious
Photoshop is the more powerful sig making tool in my opinion.

You don't want to just throw layers around, as that can make your sig look very choppy. And yes, the 30k limit is annoying, but it's unlikely that if you meet the size requirement (450x150) on a jpg file that it would get too choppy. Using a .gif file though, like you are, you run that risk.

Darth_Janus
Well, using ImageReady I can convert it and even make a 20 k JPEG, like the sig I'm sportin' now. I just want to get better at doing something other than using the boring blend-slider.

Darth_Glentract
man, all igot it mspaint(sucks)

darthrevan89
And yet another sig...for anyone to have. Although this is not one of my better ones.

Illustrious
What font is that, btw?

darthrevan89
Originally posted by Illustrious
What font is that, btw?

It's called "Lord of The Sith" and I forgot where I found it.

Darth Windu
Bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.