Anti virus help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fionnuala
The antivirus on my laptop keeps scanning and trying to update itself every ten minutes or so...and saying the protection is low even though it says it finds no viruses..can anyone help me with it?

yerssot
can you at least say which virus scanner you're using?

Fianna
Sorry....Panda Titanium...

yerssot
BLEURGH!

nothing but trash that .
I bought mine and two months later it said my 1 year protection experied, I emailed techsupport, showed my ticket, etc. but they refused.
The best is to throw that off and get Grisofts AVG which is free.

I'm sure there's an option though there that says not to do active support or something like that, background check perhaps?

Clovie
I have AVG happy

(from the moment norton free version has gone bye bye..)

(i have to learn how to spell)

Fianna
Originally posted by yerssot
BLEURGH!

nothing but trash that .
I bought mine and two months later it said my 1 year protection experied, I emailed techsupport, showed my ticket, etc. but they refused.
The best is to throw that off and get Grisofts AVG which is free.

I'm sure there's an option though there that says not to do active support or something like that, background check perhaps? Oh okay..I have no idea what's good or not..my dad sorts out most of my computer stuff...I do bad things to computers....

..so if I turn the active update off it will stop it scanning?..but will that mean I'll get a virus?

yerssot
no, not active update, active support or something along those lines.

no, you'll get a virus from downloading stuff from sites you shouldn't or when your friend sends you soemthing that is infected. All you have to do is regulary make a scan (as anyone should!) and you're clean

Fianna
Originally posted by yerssot
no, not active update, active support or something along those lines.

no, you'll get a virus from downloading stuff from sites you shouldn't or when your friend sends you soemthing that is infected. All you have to do is regulary make a scan (as anyone should!) and you're clean Oh okay..I do regualr scans anyway..thanks for the help thumb up

yerssot
that's quite alright, the bill is underway yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.