Controversial Idea

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediMusician
This might be more to do with physics than philosophy, you be the judge.

All points on any given timeline must happen simultaneously.

This is an idea I've been churning over for some time, and I submit it to general discussion.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JediMusician
This might be more to do with physics than philosophy, you be the judge.

All points on any given timeline must happen simultaneously.

This is an idea I've been churning over for some time, and I submit it to general discussion.

In Buddhism we believe that cause and effect are simultaneous.

JediMusician
I am glad to know that I have some people whose opinion actual matters behind me.

I have often thought that if Temporal Physics ever gets serious consideration, this would be among it's Laws.

debbiejo
Originally posted by JediMusician
I am glad to know that I have some people whose opinion actual matters behind me.

I have often thought that if Temporal Physics ever gets serious consideration, this would be among it's Laws.

Yes....only the most well read would see your point...some just don't see the bother.

Atlantis001
I understand what you mean, but if all points happen simultaneouly, then its not a line, its a point, because all points of that line will be at the same place. I think that is only us who see the time as a line, maybe there is only possibilities of experiecing many events, and we choose between them. When we choose, we see change. When we experience the change, we create the concept of time.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Atlantis001
I understand what you mean, but if all points happen simultaneouly, then its not a line, its a point, because all points of that line will be at the same place. I think that is only us who see the time as a line, maybe there is only possibilities of experiecing many events, and we choose between them. When we choose, we see change. When we experience the change, we create the concept of time.

Yes...it would explain our linear view of time...and with that the saying "Time is an Illusion" would fit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.