EU in Episode II . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ninja
As I pointed out well over a year ago, EU is relevant . . . for ideas. TPM showed this with Darth Maul's double bladed lightsaber idea being inspired from Exar Kun's double bladed lightsaber in Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War.

Episode II continued with the use of a swoop bike (also seen in ROTJ: SE), originally from Shadows of the Empire.

Episode II also showed Obi-Wan blocking Force Lightning with lightsaber. That was first done in Dark Force Rising and The Last Command by Luke against Joruus C'boath.

EU does provide wonderful stories outside the movies and once in a thousand blue moons it may sneak into the canon of the films.

What EU will we see in Episode III? Only time and GL will tell.
big grin

Ushgarak
It is often assumed that things like the double-bladed sabre were lifted from the EU. There is nothing at all to support this. Just because they appeared in the EU first does not mean that GL simply took the idea from the EU.

None of these things are startilingly original ideas; it gets to the point where people say that pushing with the Force was 'taken' from the Jedi Knight computer game, which is plain silly. That people can independantly have such obvious ideas is hardly evidence of the EU ebing this big copied source for GL.

That said he can, of course, take stuff from the EU if he likes, but its mostly drops in the ocean. I'm pretty sure the mention of the Death Star in AOTC does the EU little favours.

But the important point is that the EU is NOT automatically wrong just because it is EU. Non-canon does not mean complete nonsense.

The only thing about the EU (being non-canon) is that it is not NECESSARILY right. Unlike canon, which is ALWAYS right.

Darth Ninja
I always looked at EU as non-canon. If GL uses EU ideas . . . great! If not . . . oh, well. smile

Jedi Mercenary
They had jedi starfighters in Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith too.

Emperor Helmet
Actually, those aren't EU ideas.

finti
Hey Georgie boy have fed those writers with info they could use in their EU histories one example is that Zahn was allowed to use the name Coruscant in his Trawn trilogy

Emperor Helmet
Exactly.

yerssot
ow... where's Aayla Secure in the first post?

Julie
I don't know...i'll just wait for the movie to find out wink

yerssot
it's the blue twilek Jedi, if you were interested

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.