Are you a sellfish bastard? A test.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Melkor
1. Imagine yourself trying to survive a catastrophe. The only way you can not die is by letting another person die. Think the end of Titanic(Di Caprio version), there is the place on the desk for only one person, other will freeze to death.

2. The other person is a young woman( if you are a man).

3. Other person is a child, cute and scared, but you will die if you help him.

4. You had an accident on lonely road, driving the car. The effect is death pedestrian. If you escape it is likely no one will ever know( please no "Last Summer" references.)

What would you do?

KidRock
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
1. Imagine yourself trying to survive a catastrophe. The only way you can not die is by letting another person die. Think the end of Titanic(Di Caprio version), there is the place on the desk for only one person, other will freeze to death.

4. You had an accident on lonely road, driving the car. The effect is death pedestrian. If you escape it is likely no one will ever know( please no "Last Summer" references.)

What would you do?

1. I would save myself
2. Save myself
3. Save myself

What makes their lives worth more then mine?

4. I would call and ambulance and the police and wait for them to come and admit I didn't see the person in front of me. Also I would never drive drunk so I wouldn't worry about going to jail for life because I killed someone while DWI.

Lord Melkor
Originally posted by KidRock
1. I would save myself
2. Save myself
3. Save myself

What makes their lives worth more then mine?

4. I would call and ambulance and the police and wait for them to come and admit I didn't see the person in front of me. Also I would never drive drunk so I wouldn't worry about going to jail for life because I killed someone while DWI.

My friend said he would let himself be killed instead of women or child, he thinks they are more valuable in order for our species to procreate.

KidRock
My friend said he would let himself be killed instead of women or child, he thinks they are more valuable in order for our species to procreate.

LOL "more valuable in order for our species to procreate". That is rich.

The Omega
" Imagine yourself trying to survive a catastrophe. The only way you can not die is by letting another person die. "

This kind of absolutism doesn't work with me. How do I know this for a a fact? No one can predict the future... silly question IMHO.

KidRock
Originally posted by The Omega
" Imagine yourself trying to survive a catastrophe. The only way you can not die is by letting another person die. "

This kind of absolutism doesn't work with me. How do I know this for a a fact? No one can predict the future... silly question IMHO.

Ever see the movie Vertical Limit? It is sorta like that(i think?). Say you are rock climbing and you are all connected to a single rope and verticlly climbing a cliff. The rope is about to break but if you cut yourself loose the rope will be able to hold the rest of the weight and the people would be able to swing to saftey. Would you cut yourself loose and fall or bring everyone down with you?

Lord Melkor

Well, sometimes you know, like Caprio in Titanic.

CorderaMitchell

What would you do?

I would rest them on top of me... stick out tongue

debbiejo
We would work on plan C.

Lord Melkor
Originally posted by debbiejo
We would work on plan C.

You are clearly an optimist. You see, in extreme situations like those, our basic animal instincts often prevail.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by debbiejo
We would work on plan C.

Thats the spirit!!

WindDancer
Well, without resorting to all that absolutism and logical nonsense...I go with saving the child. The woman is old enough and so am I. Let the kid live.

DarkCrawler

What would you do?

1. I would save myself.
2. I would save myself.
3. I would save myself.
4. I would call the police.

PVS

What would you do?

1- i would risk my life to save them but in the case where my death would be obviously certain....i cant answer...i honestly dont know. when in a life threatening situation such as that, its common for a primal instinct of survival to take over the conscious self....i'd like to say 'yes' but i just dont know.

2-see answer for 1

3-see answer for 1

4-i would call the police. i believe in 'what goes around comes around' and i also believe in divine judgement.

Lord Melkor
Originally posted by PVS
1- i would risk my life to save them but in the case where my death would be obviously certain....i cant answer...i honestly dont know. when in a life threatening situation such as that, its common for a primal instinct of survival to take over the conscious self....i'd like to say 'yes' but i just dont know.

Do you think it is shameful to put your life beyond those of others? If so, why?

PVS
Do you think it is shameful to put your life beyond those of others? If so, why?

i guess so, but like i said, in such a situation one would probably act on instinct. to say that you would sacrifice yourself, having never been in such a situation, holds about as much worth as a grain of rice. talk is cheap.

if i was in a situation like that and put my life ahead, i would take a heavy shame right to the grave...if thats what your asking.

Lord Melkor
Originally posted by PVS
i guess so, but like i said, in such a situation one would probably act on instinct. to say that you would sacrifice yourself, having never been in such a situation, holds about as much worth as a grain of rice. talk is cheap.

But I am almost sure I will sacrifice any stranger to survive. It is pretty clear to me, and I don't feel ashamed. Could I not know myself to such extent?

shaber
Not specific enough Melkor. And isn't your screenname kind of a red button?

Lord Melkor
Originally posted by shaber
Not specific enough Melkor. And isn't your screenname kind of a red button?

Could you elaborate? About my screename, I mean.

And the Titanic example is pretty specific.

HimoKun

What would you do?

1. I would alternate with another person

2. I would go no shift with her.

3. I would let the child live

4. I would call the cops

BackFire

What would you do?

1. **** em, they can die. The worlds overpopulated, by letting them die I'm doing mankind a favor. The world needs less people, and more me. So I'm not sacraficing myself for some dipshit.

2. Psh, unless she's going to let me screw her after I save her, to hell with her, she shoulda been more careful.

3. Children are annoying and stupid, if I saved him he'd probably just get hit by a bus or something because he's a moron for allowing himself to get in such a shitty position in the first place. What about his parents, where the hell are they? They must also be pretty shitty for letting something like this happen to their kid. Why don't they save the kid?

4. I'd steal his wallet them sell his organs on Ebay, then by myself numerous hookers and laugh maniacally while they do unspeakable acts to my crotchal region.

Ushgarak
Don't forget to sue his family for letting him walk around in the middle of a lonely road. What an idiot. Your car was simply natural selection.

~Sir Mist~
4. I'd reverse and make sure the job was done properly ninja

BackFire
laughing out loud

How could I forget that?

playmean
uh oh, better call geico.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by ~Sir Mist~
4. I'd reverse and make sure the job was done properly ninja

Indeed....But mind out that the bones and sinew doesn't mess up the axle or the bearings....!!! yes

bilb
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Don't forget to sue his family for letting him walk around in the middle of a lonely road. What an idiot. Your car was simply natural selection.

laughing laughing laughing laughing

roguegirl15
Hey
I would save myself unless it was my sister or something. I'm going to be famous some dayand hopefully i'll make lots of $.That cash could save lots of people in the future.So i can be selfish for now.3. cryHell, I would probably die -but try finding another generous celebrity to give!Screw it!diva hmm...does this make me sound wierd or something?

Bardock42

Well what aboot this a psycho says he will either kill you or one of the person mentioned its in your hand....

Furthermore I believe everyone is selfish it just depends what is more important to one......but I am not sure what I would do.....

Bicnarok

HimoKun
Originally posted by BackFire
1. **** em, they can die. The worlds overpopulated, by letting them die I'm doing mankind a favor. The world needs less people, and more me. So I'm not sacraficing myself for some dipshit.

2. Psh, unless she's going to let me screw her after I save her, to hell with her, she shoulda been more careful.

3. Children are annoying and stupid, if I saved him he'd probably just get hit by a bus or something because he's a moron for allowing himself to get in such a shitty position in the first place. What about his parents, where the hell are they? They must also be pretty shitty for letting something like this happen to their kid. Why don't they save the kid?

4. I'd steal his wallet them sell his organs on Ebay, then by myself numerous hookers and laugh maniacally while they do unspeakable acts to my crotchal region.

no no no

RedAlertv2

laughing laughing out loud laughing

Dexx

yes exactly that

besides...i'm sure your friend wouldn't be so certain of sacrificing himself when faced with the actual situation, melkor.
there are few people in a person's life for which you can sacrifice your life. and even then, there might be special circumstances involved.

CorderaMitchell

laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

GCG

What would you do?

i am fed up of living a life of selflessness. I have been a time too many taking up the 'good samaritan' and helping a kid or a ***** whom i thought needed help or the 'angel' that returns lost property to its owners. mad

**** them all ! and **** this pretentious society !

*assumes Michael Douglas's character from Falling Down* 2guns

Burner
Save the other person in all of the situations. Without a doubt I would do that in real life.

Batman Wins

Thats some bull shit, like theres not enough people on this planet, to precreate with.

So if it was another dude, you would let the basterd die ?

Ok 1 I would have to know the person, because Im not dieing to for qa person that in the future, will tell people, Ha some asswhole killed himself for me, what a sucker.

If it's a young kid, I will do it because its a kid, and didnt really get to live life, yet.

If I know the girl well(girlfriend, wife, best friend) then I would also do it.

Other people depends on how old they are. Same age, I would be like heads or tails.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.