best women for cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spiderboy5
wat do u think?

munkiesarus
Emma. He needs her.

pr1983
laughing

Neither Emma nor Jean imo...

psylocke as much as i love her is too outgoing...

Sage or Storm imo...

X-Woman
Jean and him of course! Their love is so true. That sounded corny... embarrasment

Britrogue
Jean! Emma is WAY too sexy for our Scott. He needs something a little more down to earth.

Disturbance
Let's not start this again, shall we? laughing Scott and Jean's relationship is the only one that's truly lasted, we shoud respect that. Jean got my vote.

spiderboy5
how could emma be too sexy for scott?

GalacticStorm
Cyclops doesnt deserve Jean he's a selfish character who deserves to be single.

pr1983
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Cyclops doesnt deserve Jean he's a selfish character who deserves to be single.

Your right, he deesrves better than jean... stick out tongue

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by pr1983

Fate disagrees thats why he's stuck with that whore right now smile

pr1983
Isn't somebody feeling b!tchy tonight... stick out tongue

saucer of milk my good man? big grin

spiderboy5
why does everyone think that emma is a whore when she only slept with scott! is it becuz she dresses like one?

willRules
I have no problem with Emma dressing like one............I have a problem that emma dresses at all............... embarrasment

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by spiderboy5
why does everyone think that emma is a whore when she only slept with scott! is it becuz she dresses like one?

She is a man stealing whore theres no two ways about it. Thats why Jean had to show the b*tch who was boss.

Hughnut2000
Originally posted by X-Woman
Jean and him of course! Their love is so true. That sounded corny... embarrasment
It was not,it was sweet and true.

X-Woman
big grin Yeah, I thought so. Love the sig! eek!

And Emma does dress a little "showy". I mean what if you saw a girl walking down the street with bikini like clothes on?

spiderboy5
u got a point there..........

Ryonslaught

laughing Lol laughing

my sentiments exactly!

Lets be fair here though, Jean and Scott theoretically are best suited for each other BUT Jean has problems with keeping her hands and tongue off Wolverine So she should be punished......

For now Scott and Emma are best suited Jean had her chance and she blew it.

Sorry thats just the way the marriage crumbles.

On the other hand if Emma cant keep her mits and tongue to only Scott id say "Scott ma boy Betsy is looking mighty fine" smokin'

Batman Wins
The best woman for cyclops would have to be wolverine..

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Ryonslaught
laughing Lol laughing

my sentiments exactly!

Lets be fair here though, Jean and Scott theoretically are best suited for each other BUT Jean has problems with keeping her hands and tongue off Wolverine So she should be punished......

For now Scott and Emma are best suited Jean had her chance and she blew it.

Sorry thats just the way the marriage crumbles.

On the other hand if Emma cant keep her mits and tongue to only Scott id say "Scott ma boy Betsy is looking mighty fine" smokin'

Oh please. Its Scotts fault their marriage ended, he was too afraid to let Jean know about the darker thoughts and desires he was experiencing as a result of his union with Apocalypse. Therefore his fear made him turn to Emma and the b*tch took advantage of the situation which is why Jean had to lay her out in New Xmen.

Cyclops relationships always end because of his cowardice. Look at him and Madelyne Pryor. He ditched his wife and newborn son as soon as he heard that Jean Grey was alive.

I have no respect for the Nancy. Jean is better off without him. eek!

Hughnut2000

And Emma does dress a little "showy". I mean what if you saw a girl walking down the street with bikini like clothes on?
What mine?
Originally posted by Batman Wins
The best woman for cyclops would have to be wolverine..
Watch it Bub!

willRules

If I saw her........hhhhmmmm...........................Let me think bout that one for a while...................

eternitygoddess
ARE YOU *BLEEPING* KIDDING ME? Of course JEAN GREY. I could murder Grant Morrison for pairing him up with that no good, slutty b*tch named Emma Frost. i HATE HATE HATE the two of them together! (Face gets really red at the mere mention of Emma)

Darth_Wolverine
He needs Jean. But it's cool if he's with Emma Frost.

pr1983
Oh please. Its Scotts fault their marriage ended, he was too afraid to let Jean know about the darker thoughts and desires he was experiencing as a result of his union with Apocalypse. Therefore his fear made him turn to Emma and the b*tch took advantage of the situation which is why Jean had to lay her out in New Xmen.

Cyclops relationships always end because of his cowardice. Look at him and Madelyne Pryor. He ditched his wife and newborn son as soon as he heard that Jean Grey was alive.

Dude, that is one of the most one sided arguments i've ever heard...

your calling him a coward and placing the blame all on him? Please...

Soul skinner was literally hurt by the amount of torment Scott's mind contained... and that was before Apocalypse... He isnt just some average guy who got horny and cheated on his wife...

Why did he ditch Maddie? Simple, he was only with her because she reminded him of jean, so when jean returned, he followed his heart... sure it was shitty... but how many of us would kill to have the person we love back in our lives regardless of the consequences?

It was Jean as much as Scott...

X-Woman
Originally posted by Hughnut2000
What mine?

Watch it Bub!

Yes, your sig. wink

Logan 87
Jubilee would be best, if she was older, because cyclops is to, boyscout, and take things way to seriously, and Jubilee will make him have fun.

spiderboy5
jubilee does not go with scott. PERIOD.

powerfulone1987
Even though Storm is my favorite Xmen I don't want to be her unlike what yall may think because I am a MALE, so I would have to pick Nightcrawler for right now.

Pointinel
jean grey by lightyears..

they're my #2 fav couple

1. Pete & MJ
3. Reed & Sue

pr1983
jubilee does not go with scott. PERIOD.

Amen...

WeatherWitch

WeatherWitch
(Either her or Emma Frost. Sorry but I have a deep rancor for Jean Grey and besides Storm I think Ms. Frost would be an excellent candidate for Scott)

Arcane
how about.... Northstar ninja

pr1983

Arcane
lol, sorry

well i kinda like emma, even tho im still a jean fan, i guess im jsut used to seeing emma n scott together

GalacticStorm
Dude, that is one of the most one sided arguments i've ever heard...

your calling him a coward and placing the blame all on him? Please...

Soul skinner was literally hurt by the amount of torment Scott's mind contained... and that was before Apocalypse... He isnt just some average guy who got horny and cheated on his wife...

Why did he ditch Maddie? Simple, he was only with her because she reminded him of jean, so when jean returned, he followed his heart... sure it was shitty... but how many of us would kill to have the person we love back in our lives regardless of the consequences?

It was Jean as much as Scott...

He was wrong to go out with and eventually marry a woman just because she reminded him of his "dead" wife. Thats quite disturbing. Ditching both her and his newborn son as soon as Jean showed her face was extremely cowardly and showed him up as a b*stard. That was entirely his fault that had nothing to do with Madelyne. He was foolish and naive for marrying her for the reasons he did and he was cowardly and quite the b*stard for not facing up to his responsibilities and selfish for placing his own desires above his duty as a father. He may have had problems in the past as a result of his upbringing but that helps explain his actions, it doesnt excuse them im afraid. When all is said, done he is still the same person who did what he did.

It was not just as much Jeans fault for the end of the marriage. It was Cyclops cowardice in not revealing his new feelings and desires to his wife, it was his naivety in going to Emma Frost to vent his frustrations on. At the end of the day their is no excuse for his adultery. There are points which help you comprehend why he did it but theres no excusing his actions. Cyclops is a d*ck.

pr1983
He was wrong to go out with and eventually marry a woman just because she reminded him of his "dead" wife. Thats quite disturbing.

He had just watched said wife die... he wasnt exactly thinking rationally was he?

Oh no, he followed his heart...

Your missing the point... Jean was back... second chance... sure he was wrong, but can any of us truly say we'd do any different?

Yes... a man haunted by the losses in his life who finally got the thing he'd prayed for... sure it was bad, but again... he's only human...

Cowardice? You are a guy right, you know how hard it is to show your true feelings don't you? If you do, then you are a very lucky man...

And maybe emma was the only one who'd give him the attention he needed?

And jean is so perfect... right...

GalacticStorm
You're just making excuses for the character you love which is understandable however Cyclops actions while understandable can not be excused. There was no excuse for him leaving his wife and newborn son just for a second shot with an ex. He may have been following his heart but that doesnt make him any less selfish and cowardly for abandoning his responsibilities as a husband and a father. There is no excusing that.

That is so pathetic. At the end of the day he couldnt express his new darker more seedy feelings to his wife so he started an affair with someone he thought wouldnt mind that stuff. Thats terrible. No matter how you look at it, theres no excusing what he did. I cant respect Cyclops for that cowardice.

pr1983
You're just making excuses for the character you love which is understandable however Cyclops actions while understandable can not be excused.

and your not? you make jean sound like a bloody angel... don't presume to think i am that obsessed...

It may be selfish, but i challenge any man in his position to do differently...

He never showed his feelings... he's just supposed to change because jean wants him too? I seem to remember she didnt put up much of a fight when Logan kissed her...

Cowardice my ass... he wanted attention, something he wasnt getting from jean, thats a perfectly normal, human thing to do...

GalacticStorm
But Jean isnt the one who has commited adultery and abandoned her responsibilities to her son and spouse. I dont need to make excuses for Jean. At the end of the here comes tomorrow story arc cyclops was about to abandon yet another woman who loved him, this time emma. However Jean who as Phoenix could see the future saw that he would die a lonely, broken man so she altered cyclops actions she made him stay with emma and the Xmen out of love. Despite his betrayal. You have nothing against Jean i need make to no excuses.

Him abandoning his wife and flesh and blood for a second shot with an ex is just inexcusable. Especially when you consider that he didnt even know if he could get back with Jean, he just heard she was stillaround and dropped everything. I as a man would never do that to my wife and my flesh and blood. Cyclops is a coward, he is extremely selfish as has been shown time and time again. He's a good leader, a good Xman but as a man he doesnt cut it and desrves nothing but contempt.

What do you mean he wanted attention? Jean was acting normally, just how she always did with Cyclops however his needs and desires had changed and Jean through no fault of her own wasnt fulfilling Cyclops new seedier desires, she didnt know about them because he didnt tell her, therefore her not catering to his needs is completely his own fault. Not having his seedier thought sand desires satisfied he went looking for someone who could "sort him out" and he found that someone in the whore that is emma frost. He committed adultery through cowardice. There is no excuse for his actions. Cyclops is a pathetic man.

pr1983
But Jean isnt the one who has commited adultery and abandoned her responsibilities to her son and spouse.

she kissed logan... what cyclops did was a mistake... one he learned from... to err is human...

he was leaving the x-men, not emma in particular... phoenix was the only thing that would make him stay...

your kidding? nothing on jean... right...so kissing logan is inadmissable? killing millions of people is nothing either right?

She was more than his ex, and you know that... inexcusable to you, not to me...

Thats you... and how can you know without being in that position?

Coward? selfish? Bullshit... He's given his life to making Xaviers dream a possibility... he was willing to sacrifice his life to stop apocalypse, and he gave up his only son so that he may live...

Seedier? Oh no, he has a fetish... he'd just had one of the most eveil beings on the planet invade his mind, i'll bet he was real sorry to be an inconvenience...

he's never told her, thats what their psychic bond is for...

I get the impression you just really hate emma... and cyclops for even being attracted to her in the first place...

jean kissed logan, thats adultery too...

GalacticStorm
No PR he was leaving Emma and the Xmen. Yet again he was abandoning someone who loved him because he couldnt deal with the situation and he was feeling sorry for himself. Jean saw into the future saw that as a result of those actions he would die a lonely, broken man and despite his betrayal, she saved him, she kept him together with the woman he cheated on her with. "Live Scott, Live" I always die on you anyway" How did Cyclops learn from his mistake? He abandoned his wife and kids for a second shot with his ex, even though Jean had said nothing about getting back with him, he just found out she was alive and he ran off to see her abandoning his family for nothing basically. For an uncertainty. Yet he didnt care as long as he followed his heart everything else didnt matter. After doing that he again betrayed his loved ones by committing adultery with Emma Frost, after he felt guilty about Jeans death, he couldnt deal with his grief and guilt and feeling sorry for himself abandoned Emma and the Xmen. It was Jean who changed his actions out of love for Cyclops. Otherwise Emma would have been just another girl added to the list of those who loved and were betrayed by Cyclops. Yeah it really sounds like he learned from his mistake.

PR, for one i would not make promises and life long commitments to a woman just because she reminds me of my ex. Thats sick and he's clearly disturbed. I would not then abandon my wife and my own flesh and blood for a potential relationship with my ex. Jean may have been his first love, but that's a point that helps you understand why he did what he did but it far from excuses his terrible actions.

At the end of the day, he never let Jean know about his darker seedier desires through fear. He'd just been posessed these darker thoughts would be understandable and as a family unit they could have worked through it, but Cyclops never gave her the chance. Rather cowardly he went to Emma which meant his seedy feelings didnt have to be revealed to his wife. He opted out of tackling the situation head on, he took the easy way out. Jean acted as she always acted and she loved Cyclops. He then betrayed her which isnt surprising given his track record.

Theres no whatsoever excuse for abandoning your wife and newborn son. How can you say that PR? You can understand why he did it but that doesnt make it right and it doesnt excuse away what he did. Thats not debatable.

Like i said he is a good leader, a good Xman but as a man when he's dealing with real life, his relationships, he has shown himself time and time again to be weak and cowardly.

The psychic bond doesnt work if Cyclops is hiding his thoughts from Jean. As Jean said she knew he was in a vulnerable position after the posession. So she didnt press him or pry. It was up to him to talk when he was ready. He betrayed her thats that. You can understand why but you cant excuse it.

I dont hate Emma at all. I actually have her entire series. Its actually rather enjoyable, i like her character. That doesnt make her a nice person though does it. I dislike Cyclops because of his cowardice and his inability to deal with his personal feelings. He hides away in his work as an Xman, through his work he doesnt have to confront his feelings. He has time and time again betrayed those who loved him, he's terrible in relationships. When he cant deal with all the emotion inherent in relationships instead of tackling the situation, he looks for a way out or he just calls it a day.

pr1983
sweet jesus... long post... crazy... stick out tongue

]No PR he was leaving Emma and the Xmen. Yet again he was abandoning someone who loved him because he couldnt deal with the situation and he was feeling sorry for himself.

oh no, his heart was broken... come on... he'd done as much as anyone in the x-men, and he was still getting shafted... everybody has a breaking point...

Betrayal... jeez... you are way too hard on the guy... jean cheated too...

His mistake was leaving... and as much as you love jean your still referring to her as his ex... she was much more than that...

You are kidding... he loves jean, he always has... he's watched her die, what, 3 times? That can kill most men... it broke him... he's not some morally incorruptable superhero, he's just a man, a man with weaknesses, flaws and feelings...

She's his definitive love, she always has been and always will be... to you it may be sick... but try living through it and you may see things differently...

Jean was his wife... she didnt do what a wife was supposed to do, support him... seedier... ffs he's no some bloody pervert...

Bullshit... calling Cyclops a coward... a man even wolverine would take orders from... He went to Emma because for once he was wanted, jean just assumes because she's the phoenix that her human life doesnt have any importance... Cyclops has never been forward about his feelings... and he went through hell at the hands of apocalypse... yet jean didnt push him... the guy is a friggin emotional vault... did she think she could just ask him?

He married her for the wrong rreasons... i never said it was right... but its all good and fine for us to take the high ground... none of us have lived through something like that...

Your forgetting, the x-men is his life, always has been...

and i still can't believe your calling him a coward... seriously...

Talk when he's ready? Crap... he's never talked about his feelings much before... i can excuse that having been in relationships and knowing how hard it can be to express how i feel...

you called her a whore...

Betrayed... bullshit... maddie was a set up from the start... jean was gone half the time... calling him a coward is way wide of the mark... He has repsonsibilities... he loves jean with all his heart, yet he has to worry about everything else in his life...

just because he isnt vocal doesnt make him any less a man...

GalacticStorm
All excuses for the character you love. Im not going to tear apart what you said because i dont need to. Cyclops made many mistakes, which can be explained and understood, however they cant be excused. Thats the crux of the matter. Jean didnt support him? What are you talking about out? Thats pathetic. She acted as she always did, she was the loving caring wife she always was. However his encounter with Apocalypse changed him, leaving him with desires which Jean was no longer fulfilling. Thats no fault of Jeans so dont try to put it on her. He hid his feelings from her and he wasnt open because he feared rejection. He took the easy way out and got involved with Emma because he feared Jeans rejection. Wheres Jeans fault in all of that? As she lay dying he broke down through guilt and he apologised for what he did. It seems he can admit he was at fault but thats something you as a fan seems unable or perhaps reluctant to do. Cyclops is a coward he cant deal well with his feelings, he hides away in his work. He is a coward and he was wrong. He admitted he was wrong, put your love for him aside one sec and do the same.

bilb
Cyclops is a coward he cant deal well with his feelings, he hides away in his work. He is a coward and he was wrong. He admitted he was wrong, put your love for him aside one sec and do the same.

Do you even read Xmen?? Jesus what a myopic view.. I hate to tell ya pal but it takes two to break up a marriage... push away from the computer, leave mama's basement, go live a real life for a while where every choice isnt black & white THEN maybe someone will buy this dribble

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by bilb
Do you even read Xmen?? Jesus what a myopic view.. I hate to tell ya pal but it takes two to break up a marriage... push away from the computer, leave mama's basement, go live a real life for a while where every choice isnt black & white THEN maybe someone will buy this dribble

I know PR i regularly debate with him, we dont always agree, but we're cool so stop trying to play the hero you're so obviously not away from your PC screen. Dont question whether or not i read Xmen son. If you come to the comic book Vs forum you'll have your answer. Ive stated my view and supported with reference to comic book events therefore making it just as valid as anybody elses contribution. I havent seen anything of note posted by yourself so how the hell do you come off trying to play the big man with me? My post dribble? Pot calling the kettle black comes to mind.

bilb
I know PR i regularly debate with him, we dont always agree, but we're cool so stop trying to play the hero you're so obviously not away from your PC screen. Dont question whether or not i read Xmen son. If you come to the comic book Vs forum you'll have your answer. Ive stated my view and supported with reference to comic book events therefore making it just as valid as anybody elses contribution. I havent seen anything of note posted by yourself so how the hell do you come off trying to play the big man with me? My post dribble? Pot calling the kettle black comes to mind.

newsflash.. i'm a girl moron.. not so smart after all are you? or do you enjoy being offensive?

munkiesarus
Right, GalacticStorm and pr, great work. Both very good arguments argued very intelligently.

Bilb, buddy, let's just end it here, the budding flaming about to happen is useless.

bilb
Originally posted by munkiesarus
Right, GalacticStorm and pr, great work. Both very good arguments argued very intelligently.

Bilb, buddy, let's just end it here, the budding flaming about to happen is useless.

I AM A GIRL FFS!!!
and if reason got thru to this *ahem* person, other tactics wouldnt be necessary now would they? and when and if I decide to flame, you'll know it, trust me.. this doesnt come close

munkiesarus
I understand you're a girl, bilb. If you're referring to me using "buddy", that's not really a men-only phrase. But whatever, I give up.

bilb
I understand you're a girl, bilb. If you're referring to me using "buddy", that's not really a men-only phrase. But whatever, I give up.

that is what i was referring to, i have just never heard it used as a term regarding a girl before so if you mennt no offense then no worries .... and you'll have to forgive me if I cant just sit idly by as someone is picked apart just for having an opinion....

munkiesarus
Both of them are picking each other apart, luv, it's what we enjoy doing. Like GalacticStorm says, he knows pr and they both respect each other's opinions.

bilb
Both of them are picking each other apart, luv, it's what we enjoy doing. Like GalacticStorm says, he knows pr and they both respect each other's opinions.

yes dear i know, you should come to the Ep 3 section sometime (or at least back when it was worth visiting stick out tongue)

and love the 'luv' happy

pr1983
All excuses for the character you love. Im not going to tear apart what you said because i dont need to. Cyclops made many mistakes, which can be explained and understood, however they cant be excused.

I thought you knew better... i am no fanboy... i can see all the mistakes Cyclops has made... but yuor crucifying him seems a tad biased...

To you, not to me...

Yeah, sure... swapping spit with logan, real good behaviour... expecting him to just deal with her being the phoenix... right... easy enough...

I'm not, all im saying is that if he can try and deal with her being a god, then she should try and return the favour...

And? the most terrible thing when your in love is fearing that the person who means so much to you may see you in a different light and leave...

I'm not at all... you just seem to be understating jeans involvement... sure cyke f*cked up... but this was the one time Cyke needed her and she didnt step up... i know what its like to be closed off... to fear losing what you care for the most... sure he could have been easier on her, but she could have tried a hell of alot harder...

This constant use of the word 'coward' is really annoying... you seem to assume that i am so obsessed with the character that i can't see the truth.. which honestly is a tad insulting...

I am not saying for one second that he's blameless, he f*cked up... but there are two people in every relationship...

Creshosk
I hate to tell ya pal but it takes two to break up a marriage... Not always. . .

Someone that walks out on the other without working out the 'why' of their actions is a single person, if the why doesn't involve another person.

pr1983
Originally posted by Creshosk
Not always. . .

Someone that walks out on the other without working out the 'why' of their actions is a single person, if the why doesn't involve another person.

True... but for that person to leave there had to be something wrong in the first place...

Creshosk
True... but for that person to leave there had to be something wrong in the first place... As an aside I'm not talking about Cyclops here. . .Since Jean did help to break Scott away from Madyline, I mean she didn't try to keep them together after she and Cyke met up.

Anway, if the person who leaves doesn't tell the person they are with (and unforntunatly we don't all have psychic raports) then the person that get's left behind shouldn't be held at fault.

pr1983
As an aside I'm not talking about Cyclops here. . .Since Jean did help to break Scott away from Madyline, I mean she didn't try to keep them together after she and Cyke met up.

Anway, if the person who leaves doesn't tell the person they are with (and unforntunatly we don't all have psychic raports) then the person that get's left behind shouldn't be held at fault.

Of course not... but if the person leaves it obviously has a reason to it... nobody just ups and leaves...

Creshosk
Of course not... but if the person leaves it obviously has a reason to it... nobody just ups and leaves... But the reason can be anything really.

If the one who leaves has changed and just can't stand the other person . . .

Or if they feel like they aren't good enough for the person they are leaving. . .

Or if there is a dream they want to persue and feel like by asking the person being left behind that they would be being unfair to them. . .

Or if there is a dream they want to persue and feel like the person being left behind would be a burden. . .

It's an open ended variable. There is a reason, but its still the one person, and by not sharing the concerns it remains one person.

pr1983
But the reason can be anything really.

If the one who leaves has changed and just can't stand the other person . . .

Or if they feel like they aren't good enough for the person they are leaving. . .

Or if there is a dream they want to persue and feel like by asking the person being left behind that they would be being unfair to them. . .

Or if there is a dream they want to persue and feel like the person being left behind would be a burden. . .

It's an open ended variable. There is a reason, but its still the one person, and by not sharing the concerns it remains one person.

In some cases yes... but not all...

and again... in some of those cases maybe something the other person did or didn't do triggers these feelings....

Creshosk
In some cases yes... but not all...

and again... in some of those cases maybe something the other person did or didn't do triggers these feelings.... The thing that remains the same is not expressing the feelings.

That's an important part of relationships is open, honest communication.

Which is of course a two way street, if the one person is being open and honest, but the other person isn't, who's at fault?

GalacticStorm
Thanks for your contribution Creshock. I always find we're on the same wavelength in a lot of threads. I couldnt have put it as compact as this i have a tendency to waffle a bit lol. Good debate PR.

Bilb Blib whatever. There is a world outside of the Xmen forum. Outside of it me and PR know each other we have debated with each other previously we're cool. What you saw here was a debate going on, your intervention was neither desired or necessary.

DarkCrawler
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/cyclops09.jpg

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/cyclops09.jpg

Yep. He's selfish isnt he. big grin

Cant stand the character.

DarkCrawler
Seriously, Jean is not very good either. Torturing Emma psionically...making her see all her dead students...I think that was quite evil. Plus, she cheated Scott twice before Scott did anything himself.

GalacticStorm
Seriously, Jean is not very good either. Torturing Emma psionically...making her see all her dead students...I think that was quite evil. Plus, she cheated Scott twice before Scott did anything himself.

Emma and Jean had a history, they couldnt stand each other. Emma did after all attempt to kill Jeans best friend. Cyclops after his posession was in a very vulnerable position. Emma took advanatge of Cyclops. Being a telepath she knew exactly what she had to do. Jean found out from a third party(the stepford cuckoos) that her husband was having an affair with the White Queen her enemy. Jean was a woman scorned and she exacted her revenge as most women would do in a similar situation. If you were betrayed by your wife would you just let it slide and hope for better luck next time? Exactly. Even after Jean had caught the pair Emma still had the audacity to taunt Jean about the situation, she treated it like a game where she had got one over Jean.

GalacticStorm
Scott deserted his wife and newborn son for a second shot with Jean. It was even definite that he could get back with her yet he abandoned his family and responsibilities just on the hope that he could. Cyclops started an affair with Jean because his needs and desires changed, Jean was no longer fulfilling them, yet instead of communicating he started an affair with Emma Frost, a former enemy of Jean. When Jean died Cyclops feeling sorry for himself and guilty for his actions abandoned Emma and the Xmen. This was a factor in the creation of the Here Comes Tomorrow alternate future. If it wasnt for Jean on a whim telekinetically amputating that future and psionically making Cyclops stick with Emma andthe Xmen he (as Jean foresaw) would have died a lonely man.

DarkC why are you bringing this up again anyway. This thread is about the best woman for Cyclops. I helped in getting off topic but Creshock helped settle the issue. It was over until you started it up again and therfore kept this thread off topic.

bilb

Bilb Blib whatever. There is a world outside of the Xmen forum. Outside of it me and PR know each other we have debated with each other previously we're cool. What you saw here was a debate going on, your intervention was neither desired or necessary.

You know what?? Its a big ole free internet and I can and WILL post where and when I want. If you cant handle it then I suggest you come back when you have a few more male hormones and/or a sex drive of your own (in case you havent read up on it, that goes along with puberty.. you're sure to get there EVENTUALLY) I could really care less whether you deem my opinions desireable or necessary...

HOWEVER, here it is anyway for those who appreciate a rational, mature opinion:

You cant escape your true love and /or passion.. You can try but you & everyone you love will wind up miserable... Just because Cyke realized this doesnt make him bad, it makes him human..

And FYI mister know it all.. "Jean found out from a third party(the stepford cuckoos) that her husband was having an affair with the White Queen her enemy. Jean was a woman scorned and she exacted her revenge as most women would do in a similar situation." - not EVERY woman is a vendictive b*tch.. just because there arent any decent chicks in that basement you seem to never venture far from doesnt make it true

And it isnt like Jean is Miss Pure & innocent here.. she did throw her herself at Wolverine, or did that little fact conviently escape your memory? Just because she is hot doesnt make her perfect.. or have you as a guy not figured that out yet?

So feel free to disreagrd all of this (as I am sure you will..) seeing as how a well thought reply from a WOMAN seems something you obviously do not have the mental faculty to process...

GalacticStorm

Creshosk
Actually despite what people think the internet is NOT a free place to do what you want.

This site is much akin to a private orginization, and by joining you waive some of your rights. This site is maintained and paid for by the owner of the site.

You cannot for example break into another person's house and lecture them on anything.

pr1983
The thing that remains the same is not expressing the feelings.

That's an important part of relationships is open, honest communication.

Which is of course a two way street, if the one person is being open and honest, but the other person isn't, who's at fault?

The person not showing them... but dont they need a reason not to show them?

True...

Emma and Jean had a history, they couldnt stand each other. Emma did after all attempt to kill Jeans best friend. Cyclops after his posession was in a very vulnerable position. Emma took advanatge of Cyclops. Being a telepath she knew exactly what she had to do. Jean found out from a third party(the stepford cuckoos) that her husband was having an affair with the White Queen her enemy. Jean was a woman scorned and she exacted her revenge as most women would do in a similar situation. If you were betrayed by your wife would you just let it slide and hope for better luck next time? Exactly. Even after Jean had caught the pair Emma still had the audacity to taunt Jean about the situation, she treated it like a game where she had got one over Jean.

She commited the psychic equivalent of rape... theres a such thing as too much...

Jean kissed logan twice... twice...

The only finger scott ever laid on emma was in his mind...

i'm the first to admit that cyclops messed up (cos i'm not perfect either), but jean is as much to blame as anyone...

he asked her to read his mind (like he's been doing since they met), and she refused...

there are only two people in scott's life that he trusts implicitly, jean and the professor... when the professor was lost to cassandra nova and returned, scott was left with a wife who was off galavanting through europe, she offered herself on a plate to logan and he blew her off... not exactly the faithful wife you paint her to be?

Both are to blame in their own way...

And i would really appreciate it GS if you would stop being so insulting to BILB(yes, thats how its spelled), it doesnt do anything but cheapen your argument...

bilb

Creshosk
Wow.. you misspelled my name.. on purpose..over & over.. gee that stings, really that cuts right to the marrow it hurts so bad roll eyes (sarcastic)
Altho it is rather ironic that you mispell one word over & over while attempting to slam me for a spelling mistake (do you know what irinoci means? here ya go www.dictionary.com , just cut & paste, will save you the trouble of having to type it out)

And darlin.. you have no idea how much BIGGER boys than you I've handled... Only difference is THEY were man enough to enjoy it rather than getting scared by a chick who has more than one brain cell...

Hate to break it to ya but someone has to be the bearer of bad news.. I call em like I see em.. PRs opinion notwithstanding.. just because YOU dont agree with me doesnt mean I am wrong or stupid.. as a matter of fact the simple fact that I seemed to have caused such a rise in you only deepens my assessment that I must have touched a nerve and that deep down you know I'm right, even tho your inflated ego tells you to fight to the death with your misguided views just for the sake of arguing.... oh and pssst.. here's a secret it IS a free internet.. so until someone who actually MATTERS tells me to stand down I'll post where & what I want, irregardless of your fragile male posturing.

And my dear, I have had way more RL experiences than you can shake a stick at.. which is why I can speak to things with more accuracy that you will ever be able to.. I could go into it but you are simply not worth my time (which by the way is YOUR loss.... ) my giddiness here is due simply to the fact that you have NO idea what you are missing by being such an arrogant jerk and that includes the impression i've made on more people than you will ever likely even bump into on the street (seeing as how you OBVIOUSLY never leave your dundgeon)...

BTW, love & passion justify a great many things.. too bad you will never have the pleasure of discovering this yourself .. but what can I say but karma baby! it works

And I dont lie... EVER.. just because I seem to be the only one who recognizes your baseless disdain for women (save Jean for some unknown reason) doesnt mean I lie.. here's a thought for th e ole' noodle.. maybe I actually MEAN WHAT I SAY... i have no need to lie to win an arguemnet with you.. first off you have no legitimate reason to think as you do and secondly YOU DONT MATTER TO ME

Sad but true.. have a nice day smile

Ironic. . .

Have you read the rules?

Yeah, a presence of rules that you have to follow or else be banned confirms that it is not free. You cannot post what you want where you want.

For example you cannot spam the place with pornography.

munkiesarus
Alright, guys, I'm just going to stay stand down, for reasons obvious to us all. Most us us, anyway, if you're catching the severe undertones of this post.

Creshosk
The person not showing them... but dont they need a reason not to show them? A reason fabricated within their own mind, may not be a valid reason to withhold feelings.

pr1983
A reason fabricated within their own mind, may not be a valid reason to withhold feelings.

But it can be...

Alright, guys, I'm just going to stay stand down, for reasons obvious to us all. Most us us, anyway, if you're catching the severe undertones of this post.

it'll be ok munkie, dont worry...

GalacticStorm
The person not showing them... but dont they need a reason not to show them?

True...

She commited the psychic equivalent of rape... theres a such thing as too much...

Jean kissed logan twice... twice...

The only finger scott ever laid on emma was in his mind...

i'm the first to admit that cyclops messed up (cos i'm not perfect either), but jean is as much to blame as anyone...

he asked her to read his mind (like he's been doing since they met), and she refused...

there are only two people in scott's life that he trusts implicitly, jean and the professor... when the professor was lost to cassandra nova and returned, scott was left with a wife who was off galavanting through europe, she offered herself on a plate to logan and he blew her off... not exactly the faithful wife you paint her to be?

Both are to blame in their own way...

And i would really appreciate it GS if you would stop being so insulting to BILB(yes, thats how its spelled), it doesnt do anything but cheapen your argument...

PR i was merely playing the hand that was dealt me. Why havent you said anything about her insulting me? Probably because she shares the same viewpoint as you. I had never uttered a word to this person in my life and she came out and insulted me because she didnt like my post. I would really appreciate if you took a neutral mindset and called for a end to the cattiness on both sides. Well i doubt thats going to happen. Oh well. roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
PR i was merely playing the hand that was dealt me. Why havent you said anything about her insulting me? Probably because she shares the same viewpoint as you. I had never uttered a word to this person in my life and she came out and insulted me because she didnt like my post. I would really appreciate if you took a neutral mindset and called for a end to the cattiness on both sides. Well i doubt thats going to happen. Oh well. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't assume i would be so blind... yes she came on strong, but i dont see her being as petty as you are...

Being as patronising as you are is not helping either...

GalacticStorm
Don't assume i would be so blind... yes she came on strong, but i dont see her being as petty as you are...

Being as patronising as you are is not helping either...

She came on strong and i served it up. If I dished out more than she sent my way thats her problem, she initiated , i had not spoken a word to this girl prior to her firing off her mouth. Yet i am the one you ask to stop being so insulting. Im sorry son but it doesnt work like that.

bilb
Ironic. . .

Have you read the rules?

Yeah, a presence of rules that you have to follow or else be banned confirms that it is not free. You cannot post what you want where you want.

For example you cannot spam the place with pornography.

yes dear i know this

like i said when someone who MATTERS (and i am not insulting you) tells me to stand down i will

bilb
She came on strong and i served it up. If I dished out more than she sent my way thats her problem

HA!! You wish!! laughing laughing laughing laughing

pr1983
She came on strong and i served it up. If I dished out more than she sent my way thats her problem, she initiated , i had not spoken a word to this girl prior to her firing off her mouth. Yet i am the one you ask to stop being so insulting. Im sorry son but it doesnt work like that.

Son? you be patronising to me and expect me to sit by and do nothing?

Maybe if you improved your attitude people would not be so confrontational towards you...

GalacticStorm
Wow.. you misspelled my name.. on purpose..over & over.. gee that stings, really that cuts right to the marrow it hurts so bad roll eyes (sarcastic)
Altho it is rather ironic that you mispell one word over & over while attempting to slam me for a spelling mistake (do you know what irinoci means? here ya go www.dictionary.com , just cut & paste, will save you the trouble of having to type it out)

And darlin.. you have no idea how much BIGGER boys than you I've handled... Only difference is THEY were man enough to enjoy it rather than getting scared by a chick who has more than one brain cell...

Hate to break it to ya but someone has to be the bearer of bad news.. I call em like I see em.. PRs opinion notwithstanding.. just because YOU dont agree with me doesnt mean I am wrong or stupid.. as a matter of fact the simple fact that I seemed to have caused such a rise in you only deepens my assessment that I must have touched a nerve and that deep down you know I'm right, even tho your inflated ego tells you to fight to the death with your misguided views just for the sake of arguing.... oh and pssst.. here's a secret it IS a free internet.. so until someone who actually MATTERS tells me to stand down I'll post where & what I want, irregardless of your fragile male posturing.

And my dear, I have had way more RL experiences than you can shake a stick at.. which is why I can speak to things with more accuracy that you will ever be able to.. I could go into it but you are simply not worth my time (which by the way is YOUR loss.... ) my giddiness here is due simply to the fact that you have NO idea what you are missing by being such an arrogant jerk and that includes the impression i've made on more people than you will ever likely even bump into on the street (seeing as how you OBVIOUSLY never leave your dundgeon)...

BTW, love & passion justify a great many things.. too bad you will never have the pleasure of discovering this yourself .. but what can I say but karma baby! it works

And I dont lie... EVER.. just because I seem to be the only one who recognizes your baseless disdain for women (save Jean for some unknown reason) doesnt mean I lie.. here's a thought for th e ole' noodle.. maybe I actually MEAN WHAT I SAY... i have no need to lie to win an arguemnet with you.. first off you have no legitimate reason to think as you do and secondly YOU DONT MATTER TO ME

Sad but true.. have a nice day smile

Darling at the end of the day. I was in debate with PR you came on throwing your weight all guns blazing, begging for attention and yet you still failed to make the desired impression. sad

Im not going to waste time and effort on replying in kind to this long, mindless waffle cos to be frank dear you're really not worth the effort. I have things to do on the other side of this PC screen, a social life to attend, human contact to make. Wish you could say the same huh? sad

Touched a nerve? Lil lady you presume to much. Listen up as GS enlightens you. I have broken down many a pretentious waffler such as yourself, you're nothing special, nothing but an additional entry in my book of inconsequential victories. You really are attempting to make a name for yourself and you see me as a tool to accomplish those ends. Let me stop you right there Bilb ( confused ?) You are not nearly in my calibre at best when you lay your head down in your hole tonight you can aspire to be as great as the GS.

Threatened by a woman with a brain cell? Lil lady i welcome intelligent women they are the best kind. I have yet to see any contribution from yourself that qualifies you as one unfortunately. sad

Dont get yourself down though. You keep at it and im sure you'll get somewhere with time. smile

You intervened on mistaken grounds and instead of backing down your hurt pride has lead to the spam you'd so like to deem a witty rebuttal. Credit where credits due you actually caught my attention for all of 2 mins eek!

Quite amazing given the lack of anything of merit but i have skimmed through this faecal matter and found both it and you wanting.

How could you even begin to know the extent of my experiences with love. Your comments have marked you out as quite the amateur. While your aggression towards me suggests you're one of those unlucky in love type of girls despite your claims. sad

Awwww chin up luv im sure you're prince/princess charming will come and sweep you off your feet sometime in the not to distant future i hope. A lil advice. If you wanna quicken the process, an Xmen forums not the best place to start looking. Endeavour to leave your cesspit for once. Get out there and make some human contact. You go girl!!!

With no further ado i leave. It was fun while it lasted. Really it was. Your attempt at wit was rather quite quaint. Yeah it didnt cut it, but it was a good attempt nevertheless.

GalacticStorm
Son? you be patronising to me and expect me to sit by and do nothing?

Maybe if you improved your attitude people would not be so confrontational towards you...

Expect you not to do anything about? PR you seem somehat confused. I was talking about the fact that you reprimanded me for replying to Bilbs confrontational post without a mention of her part in it. Id endeavour to consider your requests if they were from a neutral mindset. They were not so your request was ignored.

bilb
Darling at the end of the day. I was in debate with PR you came on throwing your weight all guns blazing, begging for attention and yet you still failed to make the desired impression. sad

Im not going to waste time and effort on replying in kind to this long, mindless waffle cos to be frank dear you're really not worth the effort. I have things to do on the other side of this PC screen, a social life to attend, human contact to make. Wish you could say the same huh? sad

Touched a nerve? Lil lady you presume to much. Listen up as GS enlightens you. I have broken down many a pretentious waffler such as yourself, you're nothing special, nothing but an additional entry in my book of inconsequential victories. You really are attempting to make a name for yourself and you see me as a tool to accomplish those ends. Let me stop you right there Bilb ( confused ?) You are not nearly in my calibre at best when you lay your head down in your hole tonight you can aspire to be as great as the GS.

Threatened by a woman with a brain cell? Lil lady i welcome intelligent women they are the best kind. I have yet to see any contribution from yourself that qualifies you as one unfortunately. sad

Dont get yourself down though. You keep at it and im sure you'll get somewhere with time. smile

You intervened on mistaken grounds and instead of backing down your hurt pride has lead to the spam you'd so like to deem a witty rebuttal. Credit where credits due you actually caught my attention for all of 2 mins eek!

Quite amazing given the lack of anything of merit but i have skimmed through this faecal matter and found both it and you wanting.

How could you even begin to know the extent of my experiences with love. Your comments have marked you out as quite the amateur. While your aggression towards me suggests you're one of those unlucky in love type of girls despite your claims. sad

Awwww chin up luv im sure you're prince/princess charming will come and sweep you off your feet sometime in the not to distant future i hope. A lil advice. If you wanna quicken the process, an Xmen forums not the best place to start looking. Endeavour to leave your cesspit for once. Get out there and make some human contact. You go girl!!!

With no further ado i leave. It was fun while it lasted. Really it was. Your attempt at wit was rather quite quaint. Yeah it didnt cut it, but it was a good attempt nevertheless.

OMFG you really have NO clue do you?? laughing

Well thats ok then.. I will hush now as i dont enjoy picking on the mentally challenged.... good luck with that protective helmut tho! smile

pr1983
Expect you not to do anything about? PR you seem somehat confused. I was talking about the fact that you reprimanded me for replying to Bilbs confrontational post without a mention of her part in it. Id endeavour to consider your requests if they were from a neutral mindset. They were not so your request was ignored.

confused? not at all...

I am neutral, yet since you entered this debate you haven't been...

You assumed my opinion was based on nothing more than fanboyism, was it so hard to believe my opinion might simply be different?

Your continually arrogant and condescending behaviour notwithstanding, i tried to carry on this debate for as long as possible...

If bilb attacked you, then you must have done something to draw it, it doesnt just happen...

And yet you just shot back at her with petty insults... so you can't exactly claim the moral highground can you?

GalacticStorm
OMFG you really have NO clue do you?? laughing

Well thats ok then.. I will hush now as i dont enjoy picking on the mentally challenged.... good luck with that protective helmut tho! smile

There there luv. Let it all out.

You'll find your prince one day.

Just try and do it away from your monitor.

Good luck!!

vaya_the_elf
Pr1983 and GalacticStorm are to cute together

roll eyes (sarcastic)

GalacticStorm
confused? not at all...

I am neutral, yet since you entered this debate you haven't been...

You assumed my opinion was based on nothing more than fanboyism, was it so hard to believe my opinion might simply be different?

Your continually arrogant and condescending behaviour notwithstanding, i tried to carry on this debate for as long as possible...

If bilb attacked you, then you must have done something to draw it, it doesnt just happen...

And yet you just shot back at her with petty insults... so you can't exactly claim the moral highground can you?

Irrelevant if i was more petty. She initiated it i replied simple as. You cant reprimand me for doing so when i was not the sole person invloved. You can hardly take the moral high ground when your words werent of a neutral mindset. And so it ends.

pr1983
Irrelevant if i was more petty. She initiated it i replied simple as. You cant reprimand me for doing so when i was not the sole person invloved. You can hardly take the moral high ground when your words werent of a neutral mindset. And so it ends.

So what? it comes down to "She started it!" Come on...

I wasnt neutral? i was a hell of alot more neutral than you...

GalacticStorm
So what? it comes down to "She started it!" Come on...

I wasnt neutral? i was a hell of alot more neutral than you...

It does come down to she started it. But is she any better for starting it off and/or replying? Nope i dont believe she is.

You were more neutral than me? I m referring to this little dispute. If im involved in the dispute how can i hope to be neutral? Doesnt make sense does it PR? sad

pr1983
It does come down to she started it. But is she any better for starting it off and/or replying? Nope i dont believe she is.

You were more neutral than me? I m referring to this little dispute. If im involved in the dispute how can i hope to be neutral? Doesnt make sense does it PR? sad

did i say she was? Nope... im not the one complaining like a child, if she started it, you could have simply ended it, yet you didnt...

You told me i wasnt neutral yet didnt elaborate... fact is... i wanted to keep this about the comics themselves...

but you were the one who claimed i was biased just because i was a cyclops fan(meaning i couldnt possibly be objective yet you have a phoenix sig) and she happened to share my opinion...

bilb

aww so this all comes down to a 'but she started it' thing? how mature laughing

and darlin.. i have a prince.. but thanks for caring enough to point that out OVER & OVER again :P

(all together now : beating a dead horse)

GalacticStorm
did i say she was? Nope... im not the one complaining like a child, if she started it, you could have simply ended it, yet you didnt...

You told me i wasnt neutral yet didnt elaborate... fact is... i wanted to keep this about the comics themselves...

but you were the one who claimed i was biased just because i was a cyclops fan(meaning i couldnt possibly be objective yet you have a phoenix sig) and she happened to share my opinion...

When i first talked of you not being objective i was joking until you the debate developed and you proved it through your posts. According to you Cyclops was entitled to and justified enough to do what he did merely because of love. wink

It wasnt until Cresh came in and pointed a few things out that you started to see the error of your ways.

Im not complaining because im not to fussed on the matter. Im merely telling it how it is. You try to take the moral high ground yet you who wasnt involved in the dispute were far from neutral in your dealings with? Hmmm confused

I dont intend to post anything else off topic unless im insulted again. So until such times. Lets get debating!! big grin big grin

GalacticStorm
aww so this all comes down to a 'but she started it' thing? how mature laughing

and darlin.. i have a prince.. but thanks for caring enough to point that out OVER & OVER again :P

(all together now : beating a dead horse)

And you're more mature for replying right? confused

Luv wink despite the superiority complex (which is unjustified i might add)

You have been most entertaining

Bravo!! Happy Dance

pr1983
When i first talked of you not being objective i was joking until you the debate developed and you proved it through your posts. According to you Cyclops was entitled to and justified enough to do what he did merely because of love. wink

I could justify it... there is no set standard about what people will or will not do out of love... i only proved that im a romantic at heart, nothing else...

Where'd you get that from?

I have not once claimed any high ground... i simply called it as i saw it... i have nothing personal against you or bilb... her having the same opinion as me is inconsequential... you both got out of hand...

I have no intention of insulting you... yet i know you'll still insert snide little comments into your posts...

So i'm out... and you can think of me what you wish, cos i really couldn't give a flying f*ck anymore...

bilb
And you're more mature for replying right? confused

Luv wink despite the superiority complex (which is unjustified i might add)

You have been most entertaining

Bravo!! Happy Dance

why thank you for that lovely assesment... esp seeing as how you know jack shit about me

so i'll hush now & allow you the last word that you are obviously so intent on getting in

Creshosk
But it can be... All I'm saying is that it is not always two people breaking up a realtionship.

Like if a husband and a wife are having financial difficulties and they have two children, and the one just feels overwhelemed and leaves without saying anything is just one example of things that happen.

Of course it's possible for the reverse to happen where the one that does the leaving is abused and beaten, including the times they try to talk to the other person and work something out.

pr1983
All I'm saying is that it is not always two people breaking up a realtionship.

Like if a husband and a wife are having financial difficulties and they have two children, and the one just feels overwhelemed and leaves without saying anything is just one example of things that happen.

Of course it's possible for the reverse to happen where the one that does the leaving is abused and beaten, including the times they try to talk to the other person and work something out.

Of course... but in this case (scott and jean), i believe both were at fault in their own way...

blaise
ok we aren't talking about why jean and cyclops relationship broke up....
the point of this conversation is who is most suitable for cyclops. I believe its jean grey....since have been through so much and they compliment one another. I don't hate emma frost....i probably would have liked her if she hadn't ended up wit cyclops. Though i guess if jeans not alive she and scotts relationship is entertaining. THough i do hope that one day love does prevail and jean and scott get back together. smile

spiderboy5
thx blaise for setting things right smile

crimsonphoenix
the best person 4 scott is bishop...... u know wut they say..."once they go black they never come bach"!!!!!!!!

crimsonphoenix
i mean back .... i just screwed it up!!!!!!! mad

spiderboy5
wth??? mad What the f**k?

bilb
Originally posted by blaise
the point of this conversation is who is most suitable for cyclops. I believe its jean grey....since have been through so much and they compliment one another. I don't hate emma frost....i probably would have liked her if she hadn't ended up wit cyclops. Though i guess if jeans not alive she and scotts relationship is entertaining. THough i do hope that one day love does prevail and jean and scott get back together. smile

too much history can really make it difficult tho.... cyke deserves someone who appreciates all his characteristics

pr1983
Originally posted by blaise

yeah, fair enough...

Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
the best person 4 scott is bishop...... u know wut they say..."once they go black they never come bach"!!!!!!!!

no expression by that rationale maybe storm is a better match...

bilb
confused

pr1983
confused

?

Creshosk

pr1983
Well there were some pretty good reasons for going that way anyway:

Though he seems to have a thing for telepaths.

Yeah, i read those, all good points...

I think its the telepaths wanting him more than vice versa... stick out tongue

Creshosk
Yeah, i read those, all good points...

I think its the telepaths wanting him more than vice versa... stick out tongue Yeah I suppose so.

X-Woman
Maybe he's just the ladies man wink

Jury
I still choose Jean Grey. The one and only.

gambit12 mon ami

Me & SJ
JEAN GREY ! JEAN GREY !
JEAN GREY ! JEAN GREY !
JEAN GREY ! JEAN GREY !
JEAN GREY ! JEAN GREY !
JEAN GREY ! JEAN GREY !
JEAN GREY ! JEAN GREY !

pr1983
I think he needed to be with Emma, he needed a change badly, now i think he could go for someone else, but i suppose he'll always go back to jean...

Jury
yes

gambit12 mon ami

Darth Jello
Typhoid Mary.

She sure set DD, Wolverine, Ghostrider, Captain America, Spider-Man, T-Ray, and Deadpool straight

magnuslives

that is SO true!!! yes

magnuslives
prof x had a crush or something on jean once - see below
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/article/showquestion.asp?faq=4&fldAuto=217

Jury
Originally posted by magnuslives
prof x had a crush or something on jean once - see below
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/article/showquestion.asp?faq=4&fldAuto=217
And has it something to do with "women for Cyclops"?

gambit12 mon ami

magnuslives
Originally posted by Jury
And has it something to do with "women for Cyclops"?

gambit12 mon ami

no, well yeah,cos its about his dead wife - but other than that - no roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
laughing

magnuslives
laughing

what are YOU laughing at!?! mad

pr1983
Just the reaction to what Jury said... in a goodhearted way... smile

peejayd
* so, Xavier was a pedophile then, good for him, he represeed his feelings for Jean, he was a father to her...

* re: topic... i demand a woman with the LOVE of Jean and the ACCEPTANCE of Emma... better that or not at all... wink

pr1983
Originally posted by peejayd
* so, Xavier was a pedophile then, good for him, he represeed his feelings for Jean, he was a father to her...

* re: topic... i demand a woman with the LOVE of Jean and the ACCEPTANCE of Emma... better that or not at all... wink

lol... good luck... usually you have to choose between one or the other...

peejayd
* too bad, Marvel can't give that kind of woman for Cyke... well, it would be better if he runs solo, no strings attached, a swinging bachelor... wink

pr1983
* too bad, Marvel can't give that kind of woman for Cyke... well, it would be better if he runs solo, no strings attached, a swinging bachelor... wink

lol... maybe...

spiderboy5
I think cyke should ditch emma and go solo after what she did to him in astonishing.....( I believe Emma's betrayal is after civil war, but i could be wrong). Anybody disagree with my opinion?

magnuslives
Just the reaction to what Jury said... in a goodhearted way... smile

k

magnuslives
I think cyke should ditch emma and go solo after what she did to him in astonishing.....( I believe Emma's betrayal is after civil war, but i could be wrong). Anybody disagree with my opinion?

i'm confused about the timeline- where do the current stories from x-men, new x-men, astonishing, uncanny and civil war?

magnuslives

when do the current stories from x-men,new x-men, astonishing, uncanny and civil war in the x-men stories?

pr1983
I'm not sure... i think deadly genesis is straight after house of m, which would lead into uncanny, and civil war would be at the same time (considering how emma is with cyke in civil war), though maybe by the end of astonishing she'll have gone back to him... but as it stands i'd say...

Uncanny + Civil war + x-men + new x-men = same time...

astonishing = afterwards...

i think...

spiderboy5
So anybody agree that Cyke should ditch Emma? big grin

peejayd

* i'm kinda outdated, can someone please tell us what Emma did in Astonishing? embarrasment

pr1983
* i'm kinda outdated, can someone please tell us what Emma did in Astonishing? embarrasment

from wikipedia...

In Astonishing X-Men #14, during an impromptu telepathic "therapy session", Emma Frost presented Cyclops with the possibility that his lack of control over his optic blasts actually stems from a sort of mental block that the young Scott imposed upon himself after the combined traumas of the loss of his parents, separation from his brother, and shocking manifestation of his powers; this is seen as a coping mechanism, giving Scott something to focus on and try to maintain some sort of control over at a time when events completely out of his control had effectively shattered the life he had led up to that point.

Surprisingly, Scott seems to admit that this theory is the truth of the matter, further admitting that he had even blocked making this decision out of his memory, to preserve the fallacy in his own mind and prevent others from discovering his "secret". The issue ends with Scott apparently in a catatonic state, with his eyes uncovered and displaying their natural shade of brown, with no evidence of his powers manifesting...

peejayd
* thanks... it also states that the issue was not yet resolved... i hope after, Cyke can fully control his powers... wink

pr1983
* thanks... it also states that the issue was not yet resolved... i hope after, Cyke can fully control his powers... wink

i honestly don't know, but it looks like that cyke's powers were always on, and he had to concentrate to turn them off, but he's lying on a biobed in the infirmary at the end of #15 so yeah, its unresolved, and shadowcat is the only x-man left to face the hellfire club...

peejayd
* dude, i know, you know a lot about Cyke and the X-men than i do... so may i ask, what does an "alpha-level" and "omega-level" mutant mean? thanks... wink

pr1983
* dude, i know, you know a lot about Cyke and the X-men than i do... so may i ask, what does an "alpha-level" and "omega-level" mutant mean? thanks... wink

omega basically means that the mutants powers have unlimited potential... phoenix, ice-man and the like... they can do almost anyting they put their mind to...

an alpha level is a powerful mutant who does have limits, like cyke, havok, colossus and so on...

i think the main difference is the potential their powers contain...

Richv1
Jean Grey Phoenix is the best woman for Cyclops.

Omega-level
Emma. Like Scott said himself, she pushes him, make him open up more, and accepts him for what he is. Maddy wasn't really that good for him, since she couldn't really handle the "Cyclops" side of him (and of course, he was very, very, very bad for her), and i don't really see how Betsy would work with him, in the same way i can't understand how Logan and Jean could function as a couple. In both cases, would be relationships based on sexual attraction only and would probably end shortly.

About Jean: like i said in another thread, i don't think that, in the end, she was very good to him, because she was unable to deal with him being darker and couldn't or wouldn't really fight for him, push him to open up more like Emma did, and besides, no matter what her fans might say, Jean never gave Logan a sound "NO" like Cyke did with Betsy, and, while it's true they weren't having an affair on anything and Logan eventually gave up, she was always around with a man whom she is attracted to and was all over her quite often, that can't be very healthy for a relationship.

I like the idea of Storm and Cyclops as a couple, like it was suggested, although it would never happen because she was Jean's best friend and will be with the Black Panther for a while.

And someone mentioned Sage on the first page, how the hell could she and Cyclops be a couple? confused

UniOmni
Gotta agree.

Emma seems the best for him right now, despite him shooting her.

If I was Scott, Jean would've been cut a long time ago.

Any woman who stays around a guy that she knows is lusting after her, and knows that it bothers her husband, but she doesn't reassure him by putting distance and cutting off contact, doesn't deserve said husband.

Its a blatant show of disrespect for his feelings and their marriage. Especially since its not completely onesided.

She would've had her own room at the mansion long ago for pulling that mess.
And before i hear any virgins spout off about trust, its also about wisdom and fleeing temptation.
She's not immune to Logan and knows it, so her using wisdom enough to put distance between the two of them shows she's got her head on straight.

xmarksthespot
Assuming that the Emma isn't actually evil again (she's on cover of #19 with a visorless Cyke) then yes, she's the best for him. Their relationship is a mature relationship, not the puppy love he had with Jean, not the rebound he had with Maddie, and not just lust like he had with Psylocke.

botcherby
its all emma... they got a funky relationship!!

batdude123
Originally posted by UniOmni
Gotta agree.

Emma seems the best for him right now, despite him shooting her.

If I was Scott, Jean would've been cut a long time ago.

Any woman who stays around a guy that she knows is lusting after her, and knows that it bothers her husband, but she doesn't reassure him by putting distance and cutting off contact, doesn't deserve said husband.

Its a blatant show of disrespect for his feelings and their marriage. Especially since its not completely onesided.

She would've had her own room at the mansion long ago for pulling that mess.
And before i hear any virgins spout off about trust, its also about wisdom and fleeing temptation.
She's not immune to Logan and knows it, so her using wisdom enough to put distance between the two of them shows she's got her head on straight.

Cosigned. The whole 'love triangle' bullshit had to be extremely tiring for Scott. Frankly, I don't see how Cyclops could tolerate Logan being on the team. If Jean truly loved Scott, she would've separated herself from Wolverine, or for God's sake told him 'NO!!' Jean should've noticed that Scott was jealous and extremely aggravated the whole time. That to me seemed a little off. Trust and honesty was as much a part of their relationship as deceit, resentment, and anger.

greatevilbeast
jean... coz emma is a hoochie

Alfheim

Er shes a member of the Hellfire club or was....what do you think they get up to?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Alfheim
Er shes a member of the Hellfire club or was....what do you think they get up to?

Untrue...the White Queen of the Hellfire Club was no ones bi%ch...and she enjoyed wearing the attire because it gives her a pschological edge over others...no that I think about it...her current uniform does the same thing + all the girls at the Hellfire Club are just dancers...nothing more then that..

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>