Poll: Best Batman soundtrack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

systemshock2
Okay this threads to discuss what has been your favorite Batman soundtrack. For me it still remains the Batman 89' score by Danny Elfman, particularly the tracks "Bat Cave" and "Joker's Poem". So what's your favorite?

Blue450Rider
I also love the '89 score. It is one of my favorite scores ever, I love every track on it. Batman Begins comes in a close second for me though...

brainchild81
"Kissed by a Rose" makes B. Forever the greatest by faaaaaaaaaaaar!

WindDancer
The '89 score is indeed a classic. It was also used for the animated series so it got stuck in my head. The BB opening track is pure brilliant and dominant. I love it!

NoFate007
I loved BB, but '89 has the theme that everyone identifies with Batman. That theme was perfect.

Myth
I actually kind of liked B&R. Its a hell of a lot better than the movie.

sevenman
Joel Schumacher turns gold into shit. Batman Returns is my favorite sound track. The 1989 movie sound track was weak and a rip-off of Bernard Hermann's Journey to the Center of the Earth but I liked the theme from the last scene better than the one in Batman Returns. The second track is more vivid with themes more haunting that will stay with you until the last scene in Batman Returns turns you off. Prince was a gimmick and should have done work in all three films if he was going to do work in the first one. Batman Forever was interesting but too loud and action-packed to be Batman. "Kissed By A Rose" saved Batman Forever from being total shit. I love that song. Batman & Robin had a cool sound track by Smashing pumpkins but that was not enough to turn Joel Schumacher's shit into gold. Batman Begins score seemed weak. I was able to whistle Danny Elfman's work and with this it just seemed familiar, weak, and Joel Schumacher.

Kieralinn
Had to go with Elfman's score...either '89 or Returns. Both are brilliant! I must say though...I do have the Begins theme and the more I listen to it, the more I like it.

Begins is easily second for me now......Hated Goldenthal score...ICK!!! I loved his work on Interview with the Vampire...one of my fav scores, but his Batman score was terrible!

systemshock2
I second the notion that Batman Returns, by Elman, was also very good.

On a side note, what it's interesting to learn is that in the first four movies, nearly all of the major characters had an orchestral motif given to them, all except for the Joker. Batman obviously had one, two if you include Goldenthal's. Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, and even Freeze had some kind of recurring orchestral theme that always played when they appeared. But for Joker, upon listening to the 89' soundtrack and watching the movie, is never given one. Weird.

sevenman
I always pretended his theme was "Party Man".

peejay88
I like Batman Returns, it's vivid and you can picture the scenes in your head, the tracks also go very well with the characters and situations throughout the film. The 89 score is also up there at the top! i especially like Descent into mystery, the title and track go hand in hand and it sounds stirring and well....great!

vaya_the_elf
I like the Kiss by Rose song.

Although I love music from Batman and Robin even though i hate the movie. They had Smashing pumpkins which i like in it.

sevenman
VOTE FOR BATMAN RETUNS *******

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.