Theatrical, Special Edition, and DVD. Which is the best version?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nactous
I love Star Wars, saw it when it was digitally remasterd, loved the special edition, DVD is awesome. However, their is on movie tht I cant watch in DVD form. Its ROTJ, I would rather watch the original, or special, not the DVD. They reuined that movie when they put it on DVD. What is your favorite?

Canadadude
I love all three verisons and I have to agree with you. ROTJ should have stayed the way it was. I miss the old ending song and Jabba's band rocking out

Nactous
Those are two bigs things they ruined, but the number one on my list would have to be replacing the old Anakin with Hayden.

DeVi| D0do
Theatrical... though I watch the DVDs more often simply because of the better quality. And I'd watch my SE VHSs more often too because my original edition VHSs are fullscreen...

While they made some great changes for the SE and subsequently the DVDs, much of what was added is just unneccessary. It pains me to watch that Jawa falling off that dinosaur thing in ANH SE.

The ESB SE I have no problem with (except for some shots of Bespin - but those will be fixed for the next DVD).

ROTJ is a very 'meh' movie anyway... the changes they've made to it make it even more 'meh', but more 'meh' is not neccessarily a entirely bad thing.... if you get my point... meh. Hayden at the end I've learnt to live with even though everytime I see it I feel like punching him in the face.

Nactous
See, I like ROTJ.

DeVi| D0do
meh

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Theatrical... though I watch the DVDs more often simply because of the better quality. And I'd watch my SE VHSs more often too because my original edition VHSs are fullscreen...

While they made some great changes for the SE and subsequently the DVDs, much of what was added is just unneccessary. It pains me to watch that Jawa falling off that dinosaur thing in ANH SE.

The ESB SE I have no problem with (except for some shots of Bespin - but those will be fixed for the next DVD).

ROTJ is a very 'meh' movie anyway... the changes they've made to it make it even more 'meh', but more 'meh' is not neccessarily a entirely bad thing.... if you get my point... meh. Hayden at the end I've learnt to live with even though everytime I see it I feel like punching him in the face.

Your feelings betray you, young D0Do...

Superfly4000
I like the dvd's, I don't have many prblems with the added things. However, I wish that GL could spice up the fight scene between DV and OW with some CG doubles.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Superfly4000
I like the dvd's, I don't have many prblems with the added things. However, I wish that GL could spice up the fight scene between DV and OW with some CG doubles.
NO, PLEASE GOD NO!!!

What is wrong with you people?

jedi-kev
For Christ sake's it's obvious that I'm going to vote the Theatrical Cuts not the half assed Special Editions.

Superfly4000
Whose gonna take over Lucas film when GL dies? ...

Not that I want him to die or anything chair

I'm just wondering.

Ast Rofan
Im gonna get raped for this, but I pic the dvds. I dont see a problem with the changes, and I loved the Anakin switch.

Nactous
Some one, Rape him now.

DeVi| D0do
Err... no thanks.

But I will hit him over the head with a mallet... wink

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Nactous
Some one, Rape him now.

Surprised you didnt jump at the opportunity. stick out tongue

Nactous
No thanks.

Superfly4000
No, really. Who takes over Lucasfilm When GL dies?

mossman
Katie Lucas...

Superfly4000
is that his daughter?

Nactous
I think it will be sold.

JLRTENJAC
THE DVD ROTJ SUCKS. I AM VERY PISSED AT LUCAS FOR CHANGING THE BEST STARWARS MOVIE AND PUTING HAYDEN IN IT AND TAKING OUT THE ORIGINAL GUY DAMNIT! DA** HIM!

DeVi| D0do
The screwy lightsabers annoy me more than that...

theredbaron

I'm just wondering.

I will - I've rewritten a working draft of Episode I's screenplay and I'm working on II and III. I just need him to die, say, tomorrow, so that I can wait for the copyright to wear off in 50 years time.

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by JLRTENJAC
THE DVD ROTJ SUCKS. I AM VERY PISSED AT LUCAS FOR CHANGING THE BEST STARWARS MOVIE AND PUTING HAYDEN IN IT AND TAKING OUT THE ORIGINAL GUY DAMNIT! DA** HIM!

You dont even know the guys name, but you are still that pissed off. roll eyes (sarcastic)

That is the best change he has made in my eyes. big grin

theredbaron

I'm just wondering.

After what he did to the 2004 edition (and the prequels), I almost want him to die myself. If it's not enough for him to ruin the prequels, he has to go and ruin his perfect masterpieces. The most off-putting changes since the theatrical release:

- Han shooting Greedo second in the Cantina (at the same time still isn't good enough)
- The Jabba scene in ANH (completely unnecessary and nonsensical given the Greedo scene beforehand)
- The new Emperor hologram in TESB - I don't mind the visuals so much, but the dialogue gives everything away!
- The overdubbing of Boba Fett's voice with that stupid New Zealander's voice...ugh...Boba will never be cool again...
- The stupid distracting musical number at Jabba's palace - this kind of stuff should always be in the background, not the centre of attention.
- The apparition of Hayden Christensen instead of Sebastian Shaw - Jedi apparitions should always look the age they died.
- Jar Jar Binks' voice "Weesa Free!" at the end

Everything else I can tolerate...

Nactous
I know, it sucks.

Dark Exile
No way dude, the switch in that movie is awesome. Your the one that sucks.

Gryn Jabar
No, he doesn't. Stop acting like a moron and get back on topic.

yoda'seviltwin
i think i like the se...... but i have the dvd's to i dunno its hard lol ....the whole switch between anikan didnt like to much .....

cameron666
Theatrical. I liked it when Darth Vader was like himself at the end of ROTJ, not like his younger self. it makes no sense to me

Dimmimar
I thought that Supershadow was taking over!? George Lucas said "Supershadow is Star Wars.", "Without Supershadow there would be no Star Wars."

Darth JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by cameron666
Theatrical. I liked it when Darth Vader was like himself at the end of ROTJ, not like his younger self. it makes no sense to me

I agree

Darth JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Dimmimar
I thought that Supershadow was taking over!? George Lucas said "Supershadow is Star Wars.", "Without Supershadow there would be no Star Wars."

WHAT THE HELL?!

Nactous
Originally posted by Dark Exile
No way dude, the switch in that movie is awesome. Your the one that sucks.

*Whacks DE with lightsaber.* Shut the Hell up.

Joli Bug-Azi
Originally posted by cameron666

I read somewhere (I think Wikipedia) that Christensen replaced Shaw to prove that Anakin Skywalker 'died' when he turned to the Dark Side.

Obi-Wan didn't lie!

Nactous
Difficult this is.

Canadadude
to the person who posted the Supershadow reply, the man is a fake.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.