Catholocism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

daniels_baby_15
I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the catholic religion? I think I am going to convert but I would like to know more about the marraige rules and things. Please just pm me! Thank you! big grin

lil bitchiness
You should only convert if you think Catholisim is your spiritual answer, not for someone else.

debbiejo
If it's for a marriage thing...wedding...I know you can't walk down the center walk way of the church if not a Catholic...you will have to walk down the side walkway. ...My brother had to convert and attend the classes to be able to walk his new wife down the center..cause she was Catholic and wanted that kind of special wedding....Is that why you ask?

Atlantis001

daniels_baby_15
I am soon to be married to a Catholic man and he wants me to convert. I want to because I agree with their views, but my parents are Baptist.

finti
never understood the converting from one christian denomination to another christian denomination

daniels_baby_15
Maybe you are brought up one religion, but whenyou get older, you realize you don't like it as much as you used to or that you just don't agree with it now that you understand it

Chibi Boy
Remember they are still Christianity, you can't forget that. If you agree with their views then go ahead. But think very carefully about what you will be doing, to me Catholicism is suspicious but it's your view that counts.

Bardock42
Originally posted by finti
never understood the converting from one christian denomination to another christian denomination

I believe its basically the same with Science Fiction you might convert from Star Trek to Star Wars otr the other way around when you are older........only way I can explain this kind of behaviour....

debbiejo
Generally it's because you're doing it to please someone else, or because you've become disillusioned with your belief and are looking to another that you feel might be more correct.

alcoholicpoet
Originally posted by daniels_baby_15
Maybe you are brought up one religion, but whenyou get older, you realize you don't like it as much as you used to or that you just don't agree with it now that you understand it

Yep, but most christian denominations have the same beliefs and the same commandments, not a big change.

daniels_baby_15
I know that one of my friends converted because she liked the way the rosarys looked.

debbiejo
The Pope has the final word when it comes to what you should and shouldn't do...more authority than scripture it's self...

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm. I recently had a relative who converted, from Church of England/Protestant to Catholic. Pretty much no difference except in name. They are both indoctrinated, institutionalised, majority Christian Religions. The Bible is still the Bible. God still God. Really the difference seem terribly cosmetic. Catholics though have a lot more symbolism and relation to the Saints though, and the Virgin Mary is a more dominant figure, and you get the Pope. But to my eyes, beyond all the showy stuff, they are pretty much the same (there is the stance on divorce and remarriage being bad, but eh)

finti
I can understand they converting from Trekkies to Star Wars, the ohter way around though no way. ST sucks

Bardock42
I can understand they converting from Trekkies to Star Wars, the ohter way around though no way. ST sucks

True...its flawed in that way.....

finti
yeah Star Trek sick sick thumb down

debbiejo
Leave Star Trek alone.....It came first....It was before the Star Wars...It was the first religion....people went to that church... wink

Vulcans are cool....

finti
yeah and what nice costumes they wear, love the sweaters........could they look more dorky

Shakyamunison
yeah and what nice costumes they wear, love the sweaters........could they look more dorky

The correct word is campy, not dorky.

finti
nah they look dorky

debbiejo
If there were no ST, then there wouldn't be any inspiration for SW....and so,.......

Kinda like if there was no Catholic church....there wouldn't be any protestant....well, maybe not.

finti
It is japanese movies that was Lucas inspiration for Star Wars

debbiejo
I'm not going to fight about this.... laughing out loud ....Japanese like Godzilla??? hahahahaha...OH, that's inspirational.

finti
nah Akira Kurosawa The Hidden Fortress was the inspiration

debbiejo
OK....you win...It's unavoidable...It's must be some destiny thing..

finti
it isbig grin

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
OK....you win...It's unavoidable...It's must be some destiny thing..

Yes...I think you are destined to lose.....always....ever.....even in a fridge.....on sundays....when the moon is gree and the bunny bright.......

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes...I think you are destined to lose.....always....ever.....even in a fridge.....on Sundays....when the moon is gree and the bunny bright.......

You been hittin the hooch??....cause never on a bunny bright full moon..those days are for dancin and howlin....

Nor in the fridge...not on a ridge.....Not with the Pope, and not with a rope....

Nor on Sundays....or Mondays or Tuesdays or next, cause Mithra does love me, he told me I'm best. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.