Marvel Knights Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

munkiesarus
Thread for discussion of the series Marvel Knights: Spider-Man.

I just finished the series up to #16, I don't know if it's been cancelled or what. Near the end, Spidey's living with the New Avengers so I'm guessing it's still running.

This series is great. I think Mark Millar is writing, and his first three arcs or so was brilliant, like one gigantic major plot. Terry Dodson's pencils are the second best thing in the book, and normally I don't read Spidey. But Dodson's pencils...man, they fricken rocked. Must give credit to Rachel Dodson as well. Seriously, when that Billy Tan guy took over I was kind of bummed...but I did love the fact that I didn't even notice Frank Cho take over for pencils one issue. Unless my eyes were playing tricks on me.

As the aforementioned, I usually HATE Spider-Man comics. Peter just goes through so much crap, it's like listening to that radio station where people just complain to some chick all day (It's like right before z100, in New York City, except on AM if anyone wanted to complain to some chick all day). But I remembered Paul (pr1983?somebunchofnumbers) saying how great the series was, roughly. So I saw it on the torrent thing and downloaded it.

Not something I regret. Before this I hated Black Cat. And I hated MJ. And I thought Aunt Mae should have stayed dead from the last time I read she died. But after this series...golly, I love them all. Black Cat especially, Felicia just got a thousand brownie points from me. MJ looked hot in Terry Dodson's unique way and Aunt Mae was totally cool, keeping Otto's engagement ring and everything. The story was great, and Spidey versus the Sinister Twelve at the end was kinda cheesy but it was nice to see people.

The Avengers and the Marvel Universe's heroes helping him in the end was sort of inevitable, but cool anyway. I have some problems with the series though. Since when did Eddie Brock have cancer? And then he gives up the Venom suit, and all the money proceedings from the auction goes to CHARITY? And then he SLITS his WRISTS in an alley? What..the...hell? That's ridiculous, man. Completely idiotic. Have they changed that since then, or is The Scorpion still Venom?

Also, the fact that MJ, on the bridge with ol' Norman, looked exactly like her movie counterpart was bad. Also, the X-Men/Spider-Man issue was a bit pathetic (Issue 6, for reference). I was expecting the Astonishing X-Men but instead I get Marvel Girl, whom I am NOT a big fan of. Interestingly enough, I thought it was Arana on the cover, whom I know nothing about. Well whatever. Anyway, that issue, page 5, sure enough the X-Men are there. I thought that would be their cameo, but no, we could a stupid student or something in a NEW MUTANTS UNIFORM? Whhhaaaat? Yeah so page five definitely has Scott, Emma, Logan, and maybe the Beast in blue glasses and a trenchcoat. A black haired girl, too.

Overall a GREAT series. Norman Osborn is a BASTARD!

chucktaylor
Im a long time Spider-Man fan and i havent been able to buy those MK Spidey's so, can ayone tell me whats going on? please?

snake_eyes616
Yea, someone plz shed some light on this series for us.

BTW nice sig chuck, Jessica Alba rules all.

chucktaylor
Alright! Yeah!

Ok back to topic...

willRules
Isnt this the series which has the infamous issue where wolverine stabs spider-man? Wolvie fanboys loved that issue as you can guess................

doctorstrongbad
What issue did that happen in? I haven't read much about Marvel knights Spidey.

munkiesarus
Originally posted by willRules
Isnt this the series which has the infamous issue where wolverine stabs spider-man? Wolvie fanboys loved that issue as you can guess................

Yeah, lol, I don't see why, it wasn't even that great. But he really stabbed him in the gut, which is interesting. Wasn't like the Danger Room or anything.

It happened in issue 13. A cliffhanger, sort of. Continued in issue 14...but he's alright in the end. It hurt, though, Peter loses a lot of blood and faints.

Spiderman_RJ
u downloaded the series on torrent? WHERE !!?!?
GIMME THE LINK OR ILL KILL YOOU, AND YOUR FAMILY< AND THAT STUPID BIRD ON UR SHOULDER TOO!

Spiderman_RJ
now seriouly, can u give me that file, i saw it about 100mb, but i have no sources,,,,if u have msn u could pass me the file?

chucktaylor
Ill kill you too...boxing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.