Women Star Wars Characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
I was just thinking about how there are very few powerful female force users. I think there should be more of them like Nomi Sunrider and Bastila(I'm not gay or anything), I just think there should be more of them. Balance it out a little. We have Bastila, Nomi, Atris, Kreia, Mara, Leia, Bane's apprentice, Depa, Jaina and like five more and thats it. I could probably name like a hundred guy Jedi. What does everyone else think.

darthrevan89
As long as people don't think, Revan would be better as a female.

Darth_Janus
The reason female Force users are so rare is perhaps two reasons:

- SW is mostly (Bt not entirely) male fanbase. And when I say this, I'm not talking regular fans... I'm talking about us diehard geeks here.

- Women as Jedi are more likely to be diplomats or healers or teachers, not frontline fighters in the Clone Wars.

SS_181st_Snow
What about Female Jawas, my lord?

Lana
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
The reason female Force users are so rare is perhaps two reasons:

- SW is mostly (Bt not entirely) male fanbase. And when I say this, I'm not talking regular fans... I'm talking about us diehard geeks here.

- Women as Jedi are more likely to be diplomats or healers or teachers, not frontline fighters in the Clone Wars.

I love the fact that I completely destroy stereotypes big grin I'm a MAJOR SW geek, and I play a psychotically tempermental Dark Jedi who is very good at killing things in the RPG here on KMC laughing out loud

Meh, frankly, I never really cared.

Darth_Janus
Hm. Well, I liked Kreia because she strikes me as a likeable female Sith. The alternative would have been... a raging women who hasn't quite gotten over the fact that Onderonian women can't vote, thus she has become the scourge of the universe and has a 1337 company of femSith. Oops... thinking too much on that line of thought.

masterkit
I would like to see more female Jedi in aayla's slinky like coustumes yes happy laughing

Ushgarak
Women are simply under represented in SW in general. Which is odd, as there are very strong female figures there, from Leia onwards, but we only have to play the "Count the women in the OT compared to Men" game (followed by the "Count the women with LINES in the OT" game...).

Lord-Nihilus
hmmmmmm.....Revan should be a male anyway, it suits the story.

But females would'nt usually be the jedi or sith that you would here about.

Jedi Guardian-Fights evil head on-male

Jedi Sentinal-Technical expert-male/female

Jedi Consular-Main force user-male/female

Not trying to be sterotypical, but it does suit the star wars universe.

Also ushgarek, did u make that lightsaber in 3d studio max, or photoshop, because i could show u how to make the blade look just like the real one!

Human Vader
Secura is the best female Jeedai that ever lived, outside of Sunrider perhaps. Sigh this was the saddest moment for me in any Star Wars material. *Sheds Tear*

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/1460/securarots0qq.jpg

Darth Hawkeye
The whole killing of the jedi made me go damnit i HATE you anakin. I think GL wanted us to be depressed sells better for some odd reason

Human Vader
WTF? I'm glad all those worthless jeedai died, I was only sad about Secura......

Illustrious
The issue is that Jedi and Sith training, as you see it, is very male-orientated. That doesn't mean that female Jedis or Sith don't exist, you clearly see some on the council, the vast majority of the educational process, from the lightsaber wielding to the trials, is male-catered.

Human Vader
I don't think it's just jeedai and Sith training, any warrior training, be it from midevil times, current times or in the star wars universe is male based. It's just how it is, plus in movies and such, men look a lot better being the big hero or the evil doer, I mean not many movies have a heroin and a villainess (I have no idea what the female form of villain is).

Illustrious
Yes, it's a combination of gender stereotyping and dramatic effect.

But from a purely SW perspective, males tend to be the one that can swallow emotions more effective, which naturally leads to the Jedi. The Sith also can't exist without the Jedi, and as a result, the male dominance is transcribed.

You're right, practically any warrior field is male dominated -- save for those unique female warrior tribes.

Darth Hawkeye
Let me break off of my sentemental self. Think about it women were the food makers and junk they never fought they'd have to train more theN men and countinG.

Lord-Nihilus
who the hell keeps saying jeedai, what are you a hutt?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.