List characters that SHOULD NOT be used in a versus matchup

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
and explain why they shouldn't.

Off the top of my head, I would nominate Flash, Doomsday and Juggernaut as the most egregious choices for a versus thread.

Flash, at the height of his powers, can alter time, this makes him a God entity and not suitable for most versus matchups.

Doomsday, as has been stated countless times, is the ULTIMATE killing machine. He can't be killed permanently (perhaps only by the top level cosmic deity entities who can choose to wipe him from existence). Whatever kills him he will evolve against, so unless you have an endless variety of ultrapowerful ways to kill doomsday, EVENTUALLY you will lose PERIOD

Juggernaut cannot be defeated physically, so I think its idiotic to have him in a versus match since it usually ends with him getting knocked into space as the only workable solution.

LGodamus
super man that has dipped for 15k...no one even knows what he does so he should be dropped

Creshosk
Batman, Spiderman, Superman and Wolverine etc.
To much emotional investments in these characters results in a refusal to listen to the other side. regardless of whetger or not the other side is right, or wrong.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Creshosk
To much emotional investments in these characters results in a refusal to listen to the other side. regardless of whetger or not the other side is right, or wrong.

Amen to that.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by masterbruce
and explain why they shouldn't.

Off the top of my head, I would nominate Flash, Doomsday and Juggernaut as the most egregious choices for a versus thread.

Flash, at the height of his powers, can alter time, this makes him a God entity and not suitable for most versus matchups.

Doomsday, as has been stated countless times, is the ULTIMATE killing machine. He can't be killed permanently (perhaps only by the top level cosmic deity entities who can choose to wipe him from existence). Whatever kills him he will evolve against, so unless you have an endless variety of ultrapowerful ways to kill doomsday, EVENTUALLY you will lose PERIOD

Juggernaut cannot be defeated physically, so I think its idiotic to have him in a versus match since it usually ends with him getting knocked into space as the only workable solution.

Timetraveling isn't that big of a deal. There are a ton of people who can defeat the Flash.

Doomsday can be killed. He can be beaten. What he should NOT get, is unlimited lives for every fight.

Juggernaut is vulnerable to mindraping and forms of magic He's not undefeatable.

kevdude
omg u guys, u forgot about Aunt May and Alfred happy

Creshosk
High level fights cross company
No seriously, we have no idea if My force of creation is stronger or weaker than your force of creation. . . my head hauncho is stronger or weaker than your head hauncho.
There's no way to compare feats of this magnitude, so why try?

NoFate007
Galactus, Thanos, Death, Beyonder, Lucifer/Michael...all these type of people.

grey fox
Hmmmm possibly anime characters (Unless there is a specified reason on why they are on the same level of power) all dragon-ball z characters....way to powerful.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Timetraveling isn't that big of a deal. There are a ton of people who can defeat the Flash.

Doomsday can be killed. He can be beaten. What he should NOT get, is unlimited lives for every fight.

Juggernaut is vulnerable to mindraping and forms of magic He's not undefeatable.

CosmicCube, good points but you have to realize the context in which these characters are generally put in. Juggernaut is almost always faced up against other powerhouses, and rarely if ever faced up against psychics or magicians. Sure, time traveling is not something unique to Flash, but virtually every matchup he's ever in, he's pretty much the only one with that ability.

You have a decent point with Doomsday though, but then it gets confusing when you have to start adding conditions into matches such as does not get unlimited lives (which is an essential part of what makes Doomsday Doomsday...thats like saying having a Hulk match but stipulating that he doesnt increase in strength as he gets angrier)

Creshosk
CosmicCube, good points but you have to realize the context in which these characters are generally put in. Juggernaut is almost always faced up against other powerhouses, and rarely if ever faced up against psychics or magicians. Sure, time traveling is not something unique to Flash, but virtually every matchup he's ever in, he's pretty much the only one with that ability.

You have a decent point with Doomsday though, but then it gets confusing when you have to start adding conditions into matches such as does not get unlimited lives (which is an essential part of what makes Doomsday Doomsday...thats like saying having a Hulk match but stipulating that he doesnt increase in strength as he gets angrier) Not really. . . death is a defeat. even if he'd come back later on in the future, days or months or years. . . . a death is a defeat.

Just because they can come back to life doesn't mean they get too.

masterbruce
fine Creshosk...you got me there

long pig
Lobo: Try to gauge his power accurately, I dare you.
This guy goes from God killer to Superman.

Mask: He is of his own universe, his power is close to omnipotent.

Anyone who hasn't been in more than 10 comics....

No yag DBZ characters.

Umm.....Anyone I deem unfit. wink

Xplosive
The one like Phoenix, LT, Michael, Lucifer, Thanos with HOTU and such scale...

olympian
"omg u guys, u forgot about Aunt May and Alfred "

Dont ever, ever write those names that shall not be named again.

Those two that i shall not name are even worse than LT and Lucifer.

About the rest, yeah why not. wink

long pig
I think Hercules shouldn't be allowed.

willRules
I think that everyone who has ever appeared in a comic book shouldn't be allowed.....................

olympian
"I think Hercules shouldn't be allowed"

He will most surely appreciate thy concern.

dawsey28
LOL... I think this thread may get closed or moved. big grin

Solidus Snake
saint of killers

Metalmanx
I think Rocky Balboa when given a long Power Montage and with the songs "Eye of the Tiger" and "Gonna Fly Now" playing in the background should not be allowed. He would defeat all.

CorderaMitchell
Funny how peter lost about 3 threads yesterday...

manjaro
even tho i commend posters(both old and new) from refraining to bring up the likes of TOAA, the celestials, and tyhe presnece....i kinda miss nott having seen any threads with them for a few months now

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by manjaro
even tho i commend posters(both old and new) from refraining to bring up the likes of TOAA, the celestials, and tyhe presnece....i kinda miss nott having seen any threads with them for a few months now

I dont like threads with people that powerful, gets into "creation" arguments.

DigiMark007
DBZ characters!

Non-comic characters (with a few exceptions)!

Star Wars characters!

Gandalf!

-DM

CorderaMitchell
JP!!!

Creshosk
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Funny how peter lost about 3 threads yesterday... Doesn't matter. too much emotional investment, as you've just shown here. Defending the ability to use a character you love.

Mainstream
Stanta Claus and the Easter Bunny far to powerful yo wickedph

CorderaMitchell
Doesn't matter. too much emotional investment, as you've just shown here. Defending the ability to use a character you love.

I've shown nothing, I was proving you wrong.

I've seen people say that wolverine can beat.

5 elder preds, metallo, carnage, lobo, Iron Man the list goes on.

I need to see where these people are making absurd Spideramn arguments, so my soul can be put to rest. Cause I'll sure put up links.

Creshosk
once again you are willing to defend the validity of using the characters.

Too much emotional investment. The hader you fight the more you prove me right.

CorderaMitchell
once again you are willing to defend the validity of using the characters.

Too much emotional investment. The hader you fight the more you prove me right.

Exactly what I expected, all talk, and no proof.

You haven't rebutted, you've submitted.

black robb
To much emotional investments in these characters results in a refusal to listen to the other side. regardless of whetger or not the other side is right, or wrong. true

black robb

You haven't rebutted, you've submitted. OWNED!!!

black robb
Originally posted by Mainstream
Stanta Claus and the Easter Bunny far to powerful yo wickedph You're so hip hop Mainstream

CorderaMitchell
I agree with emotional investment, but the characters mentioned are the most popular, and it includes hulk, cap, DD.

Some arguments have been "Juggs would get tired of fighting cap, so he'll go home."

Don't go by char, go by arguments or inconsistancies. Or too many intangibles.

EsteemedLeader
i dont want to see anymore threads with single x-men or fantstic four characters etc. fighting solo heroes. theyre part of a team for a reason. because alone they suck!

Creshosk

You haven't rebutted, you've submitted. The proof is in your posts. Why defend against it so hard if you're not emotionally invested in spiderman?

black robb
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
i dont want to see anymore threads with single x-men or fantstic four characters etc. fighting solo heroes. theyre part of a team for a reason. because alone they suck! So you are saying that Cable,Storm,Gambit,Colossus,Thing,Human Torch,and Rogue cant beat any solo heroes?

CorderaMitchell
The proof is in your posts. Why defend against it so hard if you're not emotionally invested in spiderman?

And again...

CorderaMitchell
I agree with emotional investment, but the characters mentioned are the most popular, and it includes hulk, cap, DD.

Some arguments have been "Juggs would get tired of fighting cap, so he'll go home."

Don't go by char, go by arguments or inconsistancies. Or too many intangibles.

Lets put it up again...

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by black robb
So you are saying that Cable,Storm,Gambit,Colossus,Thing,Human Torch,and Rogue cant beat any solos heroes?

i didnt say there werent exceptions. i mean things like "thing vs. hulk" and "cyclops vs. green lantern"

black robb
i didnt say there werent exceptions. i mean things like "thing vs. hulk" and "cyclops vs. green lantern" ok

Creshosk

Don't go by char.

Gee, seems like its the characters to be focused on in this thread. . don't you think?

EsteemedLeader
do those annoy anyone else?

black robb
Gee, seems like its the characters to be focused on in this thread. . don't you think? OWNED!!!

CorderaMitchell
Gee, seems like its the characters to be focused on in this thread. . don't you think?

Did we read the post, I disagree.

Are you a follower now? Oh I forgot.

black robb

Are you a follower now? Oh I forgot. OWNED!

CorderaMitchell
do those annoy anyone else?

Did I give you permission to speak, because I didn't think I did..,..

EsteemedLeader
Did I give you permission to speak, because I didn't think I did..,..

what did i do huh

i thought i made a valid point.....

CorderaMitchell
what did i do huh

i thought i made a valid point.....

Go to time out!!! laughing

EsteemedLeader
Go to time out!!! laughing

no roll eyes (sarcastic)

CorderaMitchell
no roll eyes (sarcastic)

Talkin' back,

insubordination, you better log off now...

EsteemedLeader
i figure if im gonna be insubordinate, i might as well go the full way and not p***y out when it comes to free s*** to drink

CorderaMitchell
i figure if im gonna be insubordinate, i might as well go the full way and not p***y out when it comes to free s*** to drink

Noone asked you what you thought boy, better head to time out like a good batfanboy now...

EsteemedLeader
all batman and no friends makes EsteemedLeader a fanboy

black robb
Noone asked you what you thought boy, better head to time out like a good batfanboy now... You better listen to the Duke!

black robb
all batman and no friends makes EsteemedLeader a fanboy exactly,now log off and touch your Batman blow up doll

CorderaMitchell

You'd better not be pasting...

EsteemedLeader
you people have obviously never seen "The Shining"

black robb
you people have obviously never seen "The Shining" I've seen the shining so unless you want a fat n*gga to bust down your door with an axe and say "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S ROBBY!'",LOG OFF NOW!!!

EsteemedLeader
alright, since batman is so contraversial and this is the "List characters that SHOULD NOT be used in a versus matchup" thread, how about no more batman threads?

Creshosk

Are you a follower now? Oh I forgot. Who posted in this thraed first? Me. Who has actually nominated characters thus adding to the thread? Me. Who came in this thread and the first thing they did was argue against my post? You. Who still has yet to add anything constructive to the thread? You. Who's the follower in this case?

Uh huh, you. smokin'

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

CorderaMitchell
Who posted in this thraed first? Me. Who has actually nominated characters thus adding to the thread? Me. Who came in this thread and the first thing they did was argue against my post? You. Who still has yet to add anything constructive to the thread? You. Who's the follower in this case?

Uh huh, you. smokin'

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Did I give you permission to rebute my points?

wheres' that proof?

CorderaMitchell
alright, since batman is so contraversial and this is the "List characters that SHOULD NOT be used in a versus matchup" thread, how about no more batman threads?

What does wolverine smell like again?

black robb
Who posted in this thraed first? Me. Who has actually nominated characters thus adding to the thread? Me. Who came in this thread and the first thing they did was argue against my post? You. Who still has yet to add anything constructive to the thread? You. Who's the follower in this case?

Uh huh, you. smokin'

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance OWNED!!!!!!!!!

EsteemedLeader
in the spirit of the thread, no more batman threads. besides, all of the good ones have probably been done anyway. stick out tongue

CorderaMitchell
in the spirit of the thread, no more batman threads. besides, all of the good ones have probably been done anyway. stick out tongue

What does wolverine smell like again?

EsteemedLeader
goat-@$$. from his herum of goats.

black robb
What does wolverine smell like again? Candian Bacon and Heineken

CorderaMitchell
goat-@$$. from his herum of goats.

rofl!!!

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by black robb
Candian Bacon and Heineken

no, cigars and goat@$$

CorderaMitchell
goat ass...

EsteemedLeader
(wolverine flipping channels)
ch129: ooh yeah put it where it doesnt belong-
ch130: oh my panties are so uncomfortable i should ta-
ch131: and here we see the barn where the goats are milked
wolvigod:"oh yeah, bub"

leonidas
<<DBZ characters!
Non-comic characters (with a few exceptions)!
Star Wars characters!
Gandalf!
-DM>>

here here! i agree with all of these except the last - anyone wants to put digi in a match, it's fine by me! heheh smile

oh, i'd throw in any upper cosmic as well as adam warlock with the soul gem because he just steals souls and it's over. surfer is getting close to my list - all he's gotta do is put you into his board, so why bother debating? i might say supes prime and 1M just because so little is known of them that it makes debating difficult. onslaught is in the same boat. i'm sure there will be others i think of later.

leonidas
ps-why do all these off topic threads degenerate into what the last couple pgs of this thread have ALREADY become?

EsteemedLeader
im gonna throw in odin and king thor. theyre just too powerful

CorderaMitchell
Superman prime, no real info on him...

long pig
I say we have a "No______ Threads Week"

No batman threads for one week, then no Wolverine threads for a week and so on and so forth.
Anyone who makes the banned thread gets yelled at by each and everyone who wants to yell.

Juntai
Superman prime, no real info on him... Except that he's considered the most powerful character ever. Even those who were blended with Superman and with the powers of the Imps from the 5th dimension . .Mr Mxyzptyk . ., .. reeled in the wake of his coming.

jacobo0o

any dc characters.... dc is just not that fun as marvel and dc
doesnt make sense and good always wins in dc

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Juntai
Except that he's considered the most powerful character ever. Even those who were blended with Superman and with the powers of the Imps from the 5th dimension . .Mr Mxyzptyk . ., .. reeled in the wake of his coming.

No stats though, just a background, and coolness arguments.

Batman Wins
DBZ CHARACTERS SHOULDN"T BE ALLOWED.

Creshosk
Originally posted by long pig
I say we have a "No______ Threads Week"

No batman threads for one week, then no Wolverine threads for a week and so on and so forth.
Anyone who makes the banned thread gets yelled at by each and everyone who wants to yell. Start with wolverine. . and don't end. . .He seems to have the most emotional investment in him.

Both hatred and love. . .

Pretty evident by this thread.

long pig
How about pre-crisis Wolvie AKA pre-1992 Wolverine?

Back when he was just peak human and had a healing factor and claws and he was always known to be a streetlevel.

CorderaMitchell
How about pre-crisis Wolvie AKA pre-1992 Wolverine?

Back when he was just peak human and had a healing factor and claws and he was always known to be a streetlevel.
Yes!!!

long pig
Indeed, I knew you'd agree.

So, it's Pre Wolverine or Post Wolverine from here on out!

jinzin

laughing out loud

CorderaMitchell
Indeed, I knew you'd agree.

So, it's Pre Wolverine or Post Wolverine from here on out!

Wolverine prime?

Is he okay?

Farseer
I don't really think that any charachter's should be banned, people should just have to try to actually make realistic fights involving them, so that there can be a proper debate. I think enough superheroes together could beat Goku, I think every character has a chance to be beaten, otherwise they probably wouldn't have made the character, it'd be too boring if they made heroes/villains that simply walked through everyone without having to bat an eyelid. it would take a lot of thought, but as far as I know every character has some weakness even if it's so obscure that it would rarely come up. I think there should be slaps handed out to those who think it's a good idea to say "What about Batman vs Galactus". Ah well I expect to be harassed about this point of view so go ahead. smile

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Farseer
I don't really think that any charachter's should be banned, people should just have to try to actually make realistic fights involving them, so that there can be a proper debate. I think enough superheroes together could beat Goku, I think every character has a chance to be beaten, otherwise they probably wouldn't have made the character, it'd be too boring if they made heroes/villains that simply walked through everyone without having to bat an eyelid. it would take a lot of thought, but as far as I know every character has some weakness even if it's so obscure that it would rarely come up. I think there should be slaps handed out to those who think it's a good idea to say "What about Batman vs Galactus". Ah well I expect to be harassed about this point of view so go ahead. smile

I think fanboys should be banned...lol

Whirlysplatt
My Mum and your Mums yes

Farseer
Yeah, that's probably the way forward. Fanboys ARE the ones after all that would put up something like Batman vs Galactus and think Batman would be anything more than a splatter pattern on the ground afterwards. Ah well each to their own.

CorderaMitchell
Keep them out of this shifty

CorderaMitchell
Start with wolverine. . and don't end. . .He seems to have the most emotional investment in him.

Both hatred and love. . .

Pretty evident by this thread.

fanboy hatred and love is the word.

Whirlysplatt
My Dad and your Dads yes

Farseer
Hehehe, I think on that note a new thread should be started, Batman Fanboys against Spiderman Fanboys. Let them duke it out with rolled up comics until they start whining about having a slight headache. I can see the headlines now "The weakest riots New York has ever seen"

CorderaMitchell
Hehehe, I think on that note a new thread should be started, Batman Fanboys against Spiderman Fanboys. Let them duke it out with rolled up comics until they start whining about having a slight headache. I can see the headlines now "The weakest riots New York has ever seen"

I made that thread, 2 already.

Wolverine won....

Farseer
That's kinda sad that wolvie's fanboys won, at least Spidey fanboys have a few good reasons to think Spidey's great. Whereas Wolverine is simply far too over-rated. Sure he's kinda kewl, and he survived Magneto ripping the metal from his bones (with help) but he's actually pretty slow and weak compared to many heroes/villains out there.

Whirlysplatt
My Gran (Both are Dead sad) and your Grans

CorderaMitchell
That's kinda sad that wolvie's fanboys won, at least Spidey fanboys have a few good reasons to think Spidey's great. Whereas Wolverine is simply far too over-rated. Sure he's kinda kewl, and he survived Magneto ripping the metal from his bones (with help) but he's actually pretty slow and weak compared to many heroes/villains out there.

No there aren't that many people around here who give bad spiderman arguments.

Now last week I dealt with a person who thought wolverine beat, metallo, carnage, godzilla, and 5 elder preds, there was one who thought he beat flash! eek!

Farseer
Are you gonna go through every term for relatives until you can't think of anymore? Cousins? Brothers-in-law? When will this madness end! Won't somebody think of the children!!!

Whirlysplatt
My Aunts and your Aunts no

Farseer
That's pretty funny about people thinking Wolverine wouls beat elder preds, Flash etc. I personally think that Jackie Chan could take wolvie in a heartbeat. I bet Wolvie doesn't even do his own stunts :P

CorderaMitchell
Nobody better be talkin bout my mamma.

Whirlysplatt
My Brother and your Brotherno

CorderaMitchell
My brothers dead man...

Whirlysplatt
My real dad is....

Whirlysplatt
My Sister and your Sister no

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
My real dad is....

Was it unexpected?

black robb
Nobody better be talkin bout my mamma. i be talkin about yo mama

CorderaMitchell
What bout' my mamma?

black robb
What bout' my mamma? She's a beautiful and intelligent woman

Whirlysplatt
Was it unexpected?

Didn't really know him he was a horrible guy hence why I ended up adopted. Don't really want to talk about it. Was your brothers sudden?

CorderaMitchell
I was joking, but the one who died I never met, I can't give you more than that.

black robb
Nightcrawler could effectively beat anybody by just teleporting their head off,so he shouldnt be used in most Vs

Farseer
I never knew he had the choice of simply teleporting bits of people, sounds kinda interesting...

black robb
I never knew he had the choice of simply teleporting bits of people, sounds kinda interesting... He did it to the Nimrod and to Deadpool in AoA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.