Black Super Heroes/Heriones= Marvel/Dc /other Racist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WhiteSnowAngel
Here is where you, speak about if they are doing things unfair.

First, everyone in the past had to have Black in the name.
Second, all the Black characters, have to go yo yo yo dog
Third theres maybe 1 good black character.

all Black characters now have to be bald, even if they had hair to begin with.

GL hair, then bald
Bishop hair then bald(check xmen legends 2)

Steel Bald

All characters have to be ghetto, like static shock.

No one knows the black people name, because they aint popular.
all black characters have to be angry like GL, stupid powers, and series like static and steel, violent like blade and spawn.

2 black heroes if that are good
5000000000 white heroes are good
Blonde hair blue eyes alot of them

White man has to be the leader of everythin
Captain america
Superman
Batman
Flash
Spiderman
7267647867834 other white good superheroes.

For the girls that are black, and dont have an afro, and isnt named shinique are storm but she use to be a thief.

Vixen in JLU series, looks like a hoe from Bet videos, Big ass butt, skimpy cloths, is a model, breast hanging out, and her names Vixen.

Why cant there be a good superhero as famous as Batman Superman Wolverine Spiderman, Jean grey, Super girl, and the rest.

In group super hero shows, there 50 white people and one black guy because they are forced.

Jlu the black guy stand in the back dead last because he is crap

In Jl he stood second to last with another unpoular character i think it was flash or hawk girl( unpopular compared to the rest ) and the martain was last next to hawk girl I think but now in Jlu
The White man from Kripyton is dead in the middle then the white batman and white amazom wonderwoman next to her then comes flash and the martain moved up a slot and now GL is last where the martian was.

All the black people come from a poor neihborhood too, in the comics and show.

Black women dont get me started on the cadmus girl in Jlu on how she looks.

Tv series
teen titans, the black guy is handicapped, and serve no purpose on that show, they say hes for the strength, but starfire lifted more than him, in 4 episodes, he aint the brains, because robit does that. Almostr every ep the super villian sprays cyborg with water( yeah if you know racist, you would know what im talking about)

JL the ep starcrossed, they tied to escape from the hawk men, and GL was dressed in a beenie hat and messed up cloths, also he had a big wrench for a weapon.

theres more but I will save it for another day. Post on what you feel on the issue and if you saw anything that could add to the examples.

Escuse my lack of grammer, i was trying to go fast.

Post away.

long pig
Comics are made to make money, so since there are more whites in America who buy comics than blacks, the writers write more White characters to sell more comics.

It's that simple.

Oh, and all the first DC characers(Superman, Flash, GL ect.) were considered jewish by their creators.

WhiteSnowAngel
Originally posted by long pig
Comics are made to make money, so since there are more whites in America who buy comics than blacks, the writers write more White characters to sell more comics.

It's that simple.

Oh, and all the first DC characers(Superman, Flash, GL ect.) were considered jewish by their creators.

I hate the idea of the aliens, being white skinned.

Blonde hair blue eyes. do you know how many things were racist.

example if you have any downloading thing ever, type in search Bugs Bunny racist, and the tom and jerry racist or something along those lines. download those eps, and you will be so mad, what they showed. Those eps are banned now because of what they showed. Yeah its real too because the vioces and music, were the same in bugsbunny.

Moving on, Theres another one, Black marvel.

So they make the comics for whites so they put white characters, and slap in ocansional black people.

Logan 87

It's that simple.

I agree

ScarletSpider
Storm is the whitest black person I've ever seen. I don't think she should even count in this argument, she should just be packed up and forgotten about.

A large problem is, many of the artists don't know how to illustrate a black person's hair. For white or asian characters, it's pretty much just straight, a few curls maybe here and there. But every ethnicity's hair has a somewhat different texture and many can't convey that in their art, so they try to minimalize it. I think many of the artists have to just go and take a look at real life fashions and trends and incorporate it into their art.

As for the bald black man look, I'm not sure, but I think they started it with T'Challa, or at the very least it seems to have become popular after he'd been redone with that look. And that look suited him. It doesn't go to well with every character though, and gets kind of tedious.

I don't know if you're referring to the Golden Age (later appearing in Slingers) Dan Lyons Black Marvel or a different one, but Lyons' origin is very racist, and was typical of the day. An American Indian chief owed Dan's father a favor, Dan's father died, and one day it was time to choose a new chief on the reserve since the previous one was old and ill. As a favor to Dan's father, the chief allowed Dan to participate in the trials. All the American Indian warriors who'd been training for this since birth failed, and Dan, with no training seemingly, passed with flying colors. He wrestled and subdued bears, swam faster than the salmon, etc. It was a case of a white person going into a foreign culture and being superior no matter what was happening.

black robb
Originally posted by WhiteSnowAngel

GL hair, then bald

Steel Bald

all black characters have to be angry like GL, stupid powers, and series like static and steel, violent like blade and spawn.

Captain america
Superman
Batman
Flash
Spiderman

For the girls that are black, and dont have an afro, and isnt named shinique are storm but she use to be a thief.

Vixen in JLU series, looks like a hoe from Bet videos, Big ass butt, skimpy cloths, is a model, breast hanging out, and her names Vixen.

Why cant there be a good superhero as famous as Batman Superman Wolverine Spiderman, Jean grey, Super girl, and the rest.

In group super hero shows, there 50 white people and one black guy because they are forced.

In Jl he stood second to last with another unpoular character i think it was flash or hawk girl( unpopular compared to the rest ) and the martain was last next to hawk girl I think but now in Jlu
The White man from Kripyton is dead in the middle then the white batman and white amazom wonderwoman next to her then comes flash and the martain moved up a slot and now GL is last where the martian was.

Tv series
teen titans, the black guy is handicapped, and serve no purpose on that show, they say hes for the strength, but starfire lifted more than him, in 4 episodes, he aint the brains, because robit does that. Almostr every ep the super villian sprays cyborg with water( yeah if you know racist, you would know what im talking about)

JL the ep starcrossed, they tied to escape from the hawk men, and GL was dressed in a beenie hat and messed up cloths, also he had a big wrench for a weapon.

theres more but I will save it for another day. Post on what you feel on the issue and if you saw anything that could add to the examples.

Post away. I'm black and i honestly dont care...lets be honest every form of american entertainment is more or less built in the image of white america,it's not racism its just unconscious ideals. We automatically associate heroes with white men because thats what we grew up with. Sure there should be more ethnically diverse characters,but not at the expense of quality.

And wasnt your old username WhiteRacistGirl? Its kinda funny since you made a thread about racism...

Logan 87
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Storm is the whitest black person I've ever seen. I don't think she should even count in this argument, she should just be packed up and forgotten about.

A large problem is, many of the artists don't know how to illustrate a black person's hair. For white or asian characters, it's pretty much just straight, a few curls maybe here and there. But every ethnicity's hair has a somewhat different texture and many can't convey that in their art, so they try to minimalize it. I think many of the artists have to just go and take a look at real life fashions and trends and incorporate it into their art.

As for the bald black man look, I'm not sure, but I think they started it with T'Challa, or at the very least it seems to have become popular after he'd been redone with that look. And that look suited him. It doesn't go to well with every character though, and gets kind of tedious.

I don't know if you're referring to the Golden Age (later appearing in Slingers) Dan Lyons Black Marvel or a different one, but Lyons' origin is very racist, and was typical of the day. An American Indian chief owed Dan's father a favor, Dan's father died, and one day it was time to choose a new chief on the reserve since the previous one was old and ill. As a favor to Dan's father, the chief allowed Dan to participate in the trials. All the American Indian warriors who'd been training for this since birth failed, and Dan, with no training seemingly, passed with flying colors. He wrestled and subdued bears, swam faster than the salmon, etc. It was a case of a white person going into a foreign culture and being superior no matter what was happening.

That pretty much, covers it.

black robb
That is pure ignorance

Logan 87
Originally posted by black robb
That is pure ignorance

Come to think of it, it kind of was, but I', sure he didn't mean it like that.

black robb
Originally posted by Logan 87
Come to think of it, it kind of was, but I', sure he didn't mean it like that. How can a black person be white? Because they have traits stereotypically exhibited by whites? That's just silly...

manjaro
preach on brotha...or sista.; the only black heroes that kinda makes me upset are the prototypical ones. you know the ones who from the hood and all, but they are abject geniuses and have an uncanny knack for science and quantum physics til somebody they love gets hurt and they feel torn up becuase they felt they could have done somthing more...i mean can no black hero have a different secret origin.

but on the other hand i wouldnt go as far as to say racism, cuz like long pig said most if not all of the earlier characters were created by jews to be jews, so thats waters i would tread lightly, the only time in comicdom when it got a little testy was in the blaxploitation era where the heroes were afro rocking, platform heel beatin, multicolored funkadelic costume wearing idiots(powerman BKA luke cage, black goliath)

and all black the villains, ALL OF THEM had the same ...used to be in a gang when they were younger....always got into trouble....somebody experimnted on them...or gave them an exo suit story.

some of thme was just real bullshit like this guy..note what he says and how he speaks

black robb
i'm a brotha

manjaro
coincidentally me too..

coolest black hero of late has to be mr. terrific, he's running shit, sticking it to whitey, and he's smart with the best of them. i do agree with storm being a white black person tho...think about it she has totally white features pointy nose, pointy chin, and naturally straight, long hair....that she doesnt have to perm.... no round nose, no huge ass, nor child bearing hips. if you strip away the coloring in the comics you can see that she's totally a black white chick... like quincy jones duaghter

Rashida

manjaro
or nicole ritchie

Logan 87
Storm would be better white anyway. I also hatre mr. terrifics costume.

The best Black characters coustume, has to be Black Panther.

black robb
Originally posted by manjaro
or nicole ritchie or Michael Jackson

http://www.davidstuff.com/opinion/los-mjackson.jpg

black robb
Storm would be better white anyway. I also hatre mr. terrifics costume.

The best Black characters coustume, has to be Black Panther. why?

Logan 87
why?

Because Mr terrifics costume sucks, big time. What you don't agree.

black robb
Because Mr terrifics costume sucks, big time. What you don't agree. No i'm saying why should Storm be black?

Logan 87
No i'm saying why should Storm be black?

I said she shouldn't be black.

black robb
I said she shouldn't be black. that's what i meant my bad

Logan 87
that's what i meant my bad

Oh, she will look much better white, and it will suit her character more.

shes
Mutant
Black
Woman

thats like everything rolled up in one

I think I would want Jean to be black, or some one like her.

black robb
Oh, she will look much better white, and it will suit her character more.

shes
Mutant
Black
Woman

thats like everything rolled up in one

I think I would want Jean to be black, or some one like her. It really doesnt matter,but she should be black just for diversity reasons

Logan 87

Logan 87
IWell she like the only Black girl Name 10 Black girls aand 10 white girls.

black robb
IWell she like the only Black girl Name 10 Black girls aand 10 white girls. you're right but its a start at least

ScarletSpider
Sorry if I offended, my gripe is more with Claremont's writing and portrayal of her. He first introduced her in Giant Size X-Men #1, as part of an international team. She represented Africa--more specifically Egypt I believe--although she'd lived in the U.S. for awhile, I think. However they gave her a light skin tone, blue eyes and white hair, and she was handled no differently than Jean's character, in my opinion, except that she had a different back ground, was dumb, and controlled the weather.

Both in appearance and culture, African's, African-American's, etc. are different than caucasians. Sometimes there's a vast difference, sometimes it's minute or nonexistant. I don't mean that to sound seperatist at all, difference is what makes life interesting, and I love meeting people from all different walks and facets of life, it keeps things from being tedious.

However, Storm is far from black, or African, or whatever label you wish to give her in those regards, and my gripe is that they put her in that grouping when she doesn't fully belong. My gripe is that they represented Africa, Africans, African-Americans and others in the X-Men with a character who wasn't representative of them. She was meant to appeal to white readers and be vaguely exotic, although not exotic enough to actually add any diversity to the team.

EsteemedLeader
i know one good example of a black yet not stereotypically inclined superhero, who is up at level with the best of them. spawn. people tend to overlook him since,.....he doesnt have skin.

EsteemedLeader
this thread does prove however, that you are also racially biased. why didnt you ask about latino superheroes or asian superheroes? theres basically none of them.....

ScarletSpider
There are a few Latino and Asian superheroes. There are a good number of asian superheroes actually, most have just been forgotten. Although, stereotypically, most of them are martial arts masters.

However, have you seen any Indian (from India) heroes around lately? I can only think of one, Neal Sharaa, a mutant from Bangladesh. Yeah, they did that Spider-Man India thing, but it doesn't count. India's a sub-continent, it has millions of people living on it, in future years, as it develops--along with China--it will become a major force in the global marketplace.

Concordantly, the same is also said of Aboriginal (native Australian) heroes. I can think of one: another mutant, Gateway. Lucas Bishop is a quarter Aboriginee too, in fact Gateway is his ancestor. I realize they're in the same boat as American Indians, but geez, more than a one would be nice.

It's funny how dispraportionate the amount of American Indian heroes there are. There are more of them than Latino or black heroes, yet they, a culture and people once believed to have existed in the hundreds of thousands, now number less than one percent in the United States census, and were one to extend the census to Canada, Mexico and South America, the percentage wouldn't raise all that much. Yet we have Warpath, Thunderbird, Wyatt Wingfoot, Black Crow, Inali Redpath, Red Wolf, Dani Moonstar and more that I don't feel like looking up. And that's just from Marvel!

Creshosk
How can a black person be white? It has to do in part with the facial features. Some black people if the skin color was changed there would be no difference from a caucasian. While others even with a skin color change, due to the facial features, would not be Caucasian in appearence.

This is made evident in the cases of albinism.

http://www.lampstras.k12.pa.us/hschool/teachers/pitts/bio/un12/human_1.jpg

long pig
We're all a bit racist to an extent, either you except it or deny it, but it's there.

Storm has straight white hair, blue eyes, white features and light skin....erm
C'mon now........at least she's gotta big ol' ass. big grin evil face

That's just.....****ed up.

Pointinel
We're all a bit racist to an extent, either you except it or deny it, but it's there.

Storm has straight white hair, blue eyes, white features and light skin....erm
C'mon now........at least she's gotta big ol' ass. big grin evil face

That's just.....****ed up.

and she can dance!

whobdamandog
I believe the Creator of this thread was just trying to do a parody of the thread listed below.

MINORITY SUPERMEN

The name says it all.."WhiteSnowAngel"

Hey mods..can you ban this user?!! I believe she's the same user who used to go by the name "WHITE RACIST CHICK"

Whirlysplatt
I'm black and i honestly dont care...lets be honest every form of american entertainment is more or less built in the image of white america,it's not racism its just unconscious ideals. We automatically associate heroes with white men because thats what we grew up with. Sure there should be more ethnically diverse characters,but not at the expense of quality.

And wasnt your old username WhiteRacistGirl? Its kinda funny since you made a thread about racism...

I give you all the Real Black robb obviously very intelligent and articulate - you have been found out Robb smile

stormfront13
the reason storm is light skinned is because she comes from a line of queens and priestess who had light skin, white hair, and blue eyes. yes, she isn't much like a bl;ack person and the fqact that she was born in the bronx doesn't help either

Cosmic Flame
What, then, constitues a "good" black superhero? What should they look like? How should they behave? With whom would they associate? What are people looking for?

Scoobless
Originally posted by manjaro
or nicole ritchie

she was adopted though..... smile

i personally try never to judge anyone by their physical appearance.... i've had that work against me so many times that i know just how sh!tty it can feel (i'm white... people catagorise me all the time because i shave my head)

Creshosk
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
What, then, constitues a "good" black superhero? What should they look like? How should they behave? With whom would they associate? What are people looking for? Some people like to make mountains out of molehills . . . or flatlands . . .

It's funny too that this White- whatever the name was. . . cares enough about this to bring it up. . but some of the actutal black members on here have expressed an apathy.

Pointinel
Originally posted by Creshosk
Some people like to make mountains out of molehills . . . or flatlands . . .

It's funny too that this White- whatever the name was. . . cares enough about this to bring it up. . but some of the actutal black members on here have expressed an apathy.

of course, we are all human... only the ignorant ones look at skin color.

it dont matta if your a jap, gook, paisan, spic, flip, charlie, frenchie, whitey, black, or a rasta.... i got luv 4 u, u are my brother.

P.E.A.C.E.2.A.L.L.

long pig
Originally posted by Scoobless
(i'm white... people catagorise me all the time because i shave my head)

The evidence is pilling up......

jk, though Nicole Ritchie isn't black at all, she's half mexican half white.

Superfly4000
I was reading some of the original X-Men comics and noticed that they kept having storm get naked for no reason. They were just using storm as a sexual object. And on another note, racism will never end untill we all look the same. You would be surprised by how many racist commemnts I here black people say about white people. (I'm black by the way) I guess my point is that no one is ever going to totally blind to the differences humans have in there apearences, unless our entire social system is changed.

long pig
Storm wasn't in the original x-men.

Superfly4000
I'm talking about that one Giant Sized X-Men thing, or whatever it was.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Superfly4000
I'm talking about that one Giant Sized X-Men thing, or whatever it was. That was one of her personal quirks. . . she just liked being naked. . . I remember comments form other Female superheros about how embaressing some of the skin tight costumes were. . .

black robb
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
I give you all the Real Black robb obviously very intelligent and articulate - you have been found out Robb smile well i guess you found me out

GreatMuta
You guys remember the original power rangers

The red ranger: Your typical red blodded white american
The yellow ranger: The brilliant asian girl
The black ranger: dramatic pause........He was a dancing black guy!!

Coinidence or just mocking life?

Society and entertainment borrow from each other. We are told blonde hair and blue eyes represent what a beautiful man/woman looks like.
So why should comics be any different. Captain america is blonde with blue eyes (he IS America in theory) Evil villans are heavied with black monikers. (black Adam, black manta and black hand) ....stretching i know!

Sunfire one of the few asian superheroes, i last saw him in issue......well it was a while ago. Hey where has the Arabian knight been (on the terror watch list?) Why couldn't the original Thunderbird have been without war paint and feathers. These are things we have learned to associate with "different" heroes/villans.

Did you guys know battlestar (caps old running buddy) suffered from Dyslexia (as if he didn't have enough adversity)

I'm not saying comics are adhearing to sterotypes and all but the writers are just writing what they know or were taught to believe. Yes minorities of all colors ahould be able to acheive the levels of success a Spiderman or Batman have acheived, especially since this is entertainment. But untill we as a society are willing to change then comics will endure the same fate. So untill then Bishop and John stewart are gonna continue to play foil to Cyclops and Hal Jordan.

Scoobless
Originally posted by GreatMuta
So untill then Bishop and John stewart are gonna continue to play foil to Cyclops and Hal Jordan.

probably..... but at least T'Challa kicks ass (and could beat down Cap if he wanted to)

smile

GreatMuta
Originally posted by Scoobless
probably..... but at least T'Challa kicks ass (and could beat down Cap if he wanted to)

smile

Amen brother.............Amen!

Superfly4000
I still say they were using Storm for her body.

ScarletSpider
Yeah, but Hal respects and even asks for Stewart's help from time to time, I see them more as equals, with Hal just having a stronger outside of comics fan base. Maybe that's just me.

jacobo0o
hey hey war machine is black

long pig
War Machine is a good example of a good black hero, but sadly he didn't sell because his fan base wasn't there.

But yeah, Warmachine was the shit.

How many black evil villains are there? I can't think of one.

jacobo0o
dr. dre??? is he one??? wait..... hes a rapper

i can only think of prowler and taht one black skate boarding kid in
spider man but i dont think they are that bad

Creshosk
This thread is totally blown out of proportion.

checkmate

A few popular black characters that were probably forgotten on this thread:

Sunspot, M, and of course Robby Robertson.

If you're interested in other minorities as well:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dungeon/2864/Super_Lists.html

long pig
The whimling creator of this thread is disadvantaged by a retrobulbar vacancy.

I try not to be roinous, but it's quite quisquous how she manages not to forget to breath.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Superfly4000
I still say they were using Storm for her body.

as would I

big grin

Creshosk
The whimling creator of this thread is disadvantaged by a retrobulbar vacancy.

I try not to be roinous, but it's quite quisquous how she manages not to forget to breath. laughing

You don't say. . . That's some pretty impressive rhetoric.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by WhiteSnowAngel

GL hair, then bald

Steel Bald

Captain america
Superman
Batman
Flash
Spiderman

Tv series

Post away.

I noticed that as well, not a big deal to me though, but you'll see things like the thugs or normal crooks black, or you will see the white guy leading, and the black guy ko'ed.

Indeed.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Creshosk
This thread is totally blown out of proportion.

checkmate

A few popular black characters that were probably forgotten on this thread:

Sunspot, M, and of course Robby Robertson.

If you're interested in other minorities as well:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dungeon/2864/Super_Lists.html

Well...Sunspot is Brazilian, so technically he isn't black. stick out tongue

Creshosk
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Well...Sunspot is Brazilian, so technically he isn't black. stick out tongue What are you getting at?

That nationality negates race?

Scoobless
Brazilians can't be black? wtf? since when?

Frostbite883
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Well...Sunspot is Brazilian, so technically he isn't black. stick out tongue

Actually, he's half black, DarkCrawler. Oh, and here are so more
of the true black superheroes(besides War Machine) that have in this post.

The White Tiger(Kevin "Kasper" Kole)
Orpheus(from Batman: Orpheus Rising)
Star(Image Comics)
Omega Man(Omega Man#1)
Original Man(brother of Omega Man)

Well, that's that. Stay Frost.

ScarletSpider
Another good black superhero is Night Thrasher. He funded, put together and led the New Warriors. Although the New Warriors have been treated like shit the past few years, under Nicieza's pen they were great, and Thrasher was an able and formidable hero.

Dark Shazam93

diabloman
i dont like any of the black super heros except for storm.

Dark Shazam93
LOL... Racist! |Nah... there arent many that are good but steel owns!

King_Mungi
I suppose Windshear is the exception to the black rule as he is insanely strong, became a leader of Beta Flight and PR representive for Alpha Flight. Plus he wasn't a sterotypical blackman

http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Windshear
-------
Pathway was another great black female character.

Dr.Fate
Mr.Terrific is a black superhero thats not racist in anyway. He's Smart rich, is the Chairman of the JSA last i looked. He's like MrT and Batman but together in one awesome costume. well its not really a costume just a awesome Jacket.

And what about Cyborg?

also Cyborg its not like he was poor and from the ghetto and he had a reason for always being angry. His parents were scientists his mom got killed in a experiment that crippled him, his father made him into a cyborg. So he was angry cause his parents died. (his dad died later) and he was a freak being part machine. So he isn't a stereotypical black guy

Dr.Fate
in fact I'd say he's one of the better known black superheros

diabloman
Originally posted by Dark Shazam93
LOL... Racist! |Nah... there arent many that are good but steel owns! racist racist racist racist every thing is god damn racist these days. i swear

Takion
Nobody likes Spawn. sad

Frostbite883
Hyperman and Hyperboy(HM's nephew) are also good examples of black superheroes. You can check them out at www.youridcomics.com.

Dark Shazam93
Uhhh right....,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.