dazzler

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

o.g. slaughter
what are dazzles actual abilities.

Phoenix_Avatar9
from UXM

Powers: absorb sound and store the sonic vibrations within her body, then release the energy into rechanneled sonic force waves or convert it into light particles which she can release as concentrated laser beams, photon pulses, force fields that can deflect or obliterate projectiles, ambient light that clouds her environment, realistic three-dimensional holograms, levitation through controlled emissions, and a glow from her body that can illuminate her surroundings and affect others by blinding them, rendering them insensate, or producing a hypnotic effect to place them in a trance or manipulate their emotional mood, formerly incapable of storing sound and needed to instantaneously convert it into light

Disturbance
She sounds soooo cool.

munkiesarus
Key word: "sounds"

She's pathetic. Her powers are greeeeeat.

Her Ultimate version ROCKS beyond ALL.

She's coming in New Excalibur...maybe we can finally know what happened to Longshot and the Baby, if we never did. I personally hope its a new Dazzler or something. I mean...ech Alison Blaire was soooo yesterday.

o.g. slaughter
wat does that mean tho. in lamens terms

Phoenix_Avatar9
the explaination? well she takes in sound and turns it into different forms of light (lasers, shields,holograms, hypnosis, levitation, etc) she used to not be able to store this sound and in mot sure but I think she still cant produce light with her own voice, but im not certain

o.g. slaughter
thank u

Disturbance
What makes her pathetic as a person?

munkiesarus
By pathetic I meant they never made her cool and amazingly fun to like. Whenever I read her, anyway.

Phoenix_Avatar9
Yea, ultimate version is the coolest

wolvie'sgirl
Ok Dazzler is so not pathetic! She's hot! I have a pic in here somewhere........

wolvie'sgirl
That's not the pic I wanted..... embarrasment

munkiesarus
Ultimate Dazzler..now she is positively awesome.

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/9420/dazzlerraisingsomehell7xk.th.jpg

Paola
eek! oh yeah!

what was her story in 616?

munkiesarus
Since it fit with the times, she was originally this disco diva gal, who went public. She could have gone far in the entertainment biz with her "cool special effects", which were in reality her mutation, but she went public and eventually joined the X-Men.

She fell into a relationship with Longshot, and the two of them spent a lot of time in Mojo's Universe as rebels. I'm a bit blurry about the following, but somehow she lost both Longshot and their child, in her womb.

EuRaZn
They never did explain what happened to the baby, only that Jean said she didn't sense the unborn child anymore. Dazzler actually spent quite a bit of time with the X-Men ... moreso than as a "disco diva" (how that image still pervades, I have no idea since the majority of her comic book time was spent without that costume).

She fought Juggernaut by herself once and he buried her alive as a result, thinking he accidentally killed her (he was actually a big fan of hers). I don't think they've met since then ... should be interesting to see them in the New Excalibur together.

Disappear
also, she was made a herald of galactus for about two or three issues at one point. not many people can say that.

outside of that tidbit, she's hardly interesting. her relationship with longshot, someone who was far more interesting than his significant other, was stressed and rather annoying. the whole lost baby thing's never been cleared up, despite the speculations about shatterstar, and longshot's death still isn't confirmed.

basically, she's not worth the interest in 616.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.