Concerts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pandemoniac
Don't you just love to go to them!
What bands have you seen live, and what was the best concert amongst those?

xxNessiexx
What is the reason why you like going to concerts? Because i thought the only thing you can hear is people blowing whistles in your ear? Can you actually hear anyone sing clearly?

The Highlord
I saw Europe the band live almost 2 weeks ago on a beach thats close by, it was the best concert I've ever been too, about 6000 people where there, and thats alot considering the amount of people living here, and I was at the front row! ROCK NOW ROCK THE NIGHT! it was awesome!

Cinemaddiction
Best concert ever was Def Leppard. Just because when a band is so seasoned in touring, and so familiar with their own music, it's played to literl perfection. I had gold circle seating at the locale, waiteresses, etc. Perfect view.

Real music fans listen, they don't throw themselves in mindless mosh pits.

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Best concert ever was Def Leppard. Just because when a band is so seasoned in touring, and so familiar with their own music, it's played to literl perfection. I had gold circle seating at the locale, waiteresses, etc. Perfect view.

Real music fans listen, they don't throw themselves in mindless mosh pits.

Correct Cin!

el_barto
Even though a good mosh is fun. I can multitask, I can listen and mosh!

I've seen (this is going to sound really red neck)

Kiss with Skid Row and Ted Nugent
And my latest one is Slobberbone
Im going to see Green Day on the 21st though!

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by xxNessiexx
What is the reason why you like going to concerts? Because i thought the only thing you can hear is people blowing whistles in your ear? Can you actually hear anyone sing clearly?

What kind of band would have fans blowing whistles into people's ears?

Alpha Centauri
To add to what Cine said, I would almost always choose a great seat over a great standing place.

Prefer to just soak up the atmosphere.

-AC

Pandemoniac
You've got a point there!
But I love to be able to get close to the stage at times too, my pogoo days are over, but I still like a good view of the band. Besides that, for me it's just the kick of seeing my idols in real life, and screaming along with the songs I know by heart with the band itself.

SlipknoT
Slipknot (x3)
Slayer
The Misfits (x2)
Iron Maiden
Shadows Fall
Killswitch Engage
Hatebreed
Black Sabbath
Korn
Godsmack
Mudvayne
In Flames
Arch Enemy
Wicked Wisdom hahahaha
It Dies Today
As I lay Dying
Trivium
Soilwork
The Haunted
The Black Dahlia Murder
Bury your Dead
Mastodon
Rob Zombie
A Dozen Furies
Black Label Society
Pantera
The Grateful Dead (I was 3)
Metallica
The Casualties
Megadeth (I was 6)
And a bunch of No Name Local Bands

And in 2 weeks I'm going to see Dream Theater, Megadeth, Fear Factory and some others in Gigantor, and In a Month I'm going to see Napalm Death with Obituary..then In System of a Down with Mars Volta, then The Rolling Stones, then The Misfits

Pandemoniac
Impressive!

Here's mine then:

Rammstein
Marilyn Manson
Metallica
Lenny Kravitz
The Bloodhound Gang
Rage Against the Machine
Live
Pearl Jam
System of A Down
Fun Loving Criminals
Iron Maiden
Anouk
AC/DC
The Presidents of the USA
The Rolling Stones
Motorhead
Green Day
Jimmy Eat World
Moby
ZZ Top
Golden Earring
Alice Cooper
James Brown
Foo Fighters

And a lot of local bands naturally

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
To add to what Cine said, I would almost always choose a great seat over a great standing place.

Prefer to just soak up the atmosphere.

-AC

I dunno...

Ive been to concerts where I sat and others where I was standing, and I have to say the intensity of standing up close to the stage is better than being in a seat farther away. Not to mention you can stand close to the stage without moshing. That way you still expeirence the music.

Im not gonna write my whole list of bands ive seen. The concerts Ive been to were:

Green Day/Sugarcult/New Found Glory - Green Day put on a great show

Taste of Chaos - Decent concert. No truly awesome bands, though.

Warped Tour - Far too many bad bands, but a few good ones that made it worthwile

SlipknoT
Yea, and some bands (slayer, hatebreed, slipknot) Just get you pumped and get a huge Adrenalin rush and its fun to go into the pit and just take out your aggression on other people.

tabby999
i've got a list somewhere, but i cant remember where it is, i think my sister tore out the pages on the pad and used the book it was in.
and i'm gonna agree with Cine and AC, for two reasons:

1. a good seat can give you the best sound AND a great veiw of the carnage, the chance to soak up the atmosphere is half the appeal to me for a gig.

2. i really cant mosh thanks to a disease i have in my hips, i dont have hip joints, only muscle holding everything in place, i cant risk a bad fall or someone kicking my hips, i enjoy walking to much to risk that.

as for fave concert, i've got a Top three, even though it was hard to decide:

1. The Matches: took my girlfriend to see them, i quite liked them but was there for another band, but thanks to the small attendence and no stage security, me and stacee along with 6 other guys ended up on stage for their final song, going nuts with the band. awsome stuff

2. Frenzal Rhomb: more of a sentimental placing, it was just after my birthday, the band gave me a present, hung out with me, signed some stuff and let me back stage for the show.

3. Metallica: 10,000 people strong crowd singing along, metallica playing 2 hours, brilliant set, couldn't have been better

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Yea, and some bands (slayer, hatebreed, slipknot) Just get you pumped and get a huge Adrenalin rush and its fun to go into the pit and just take out your aggression on other people.

Yeah, but that's called being an idiot.

The one thing music ISN'T about is hurting people.

-AC

RagnaViper
Well, I'll be heading to Gigantour tomorrow. Should kick some serious arse.

Anyhoo, still haven't seen many good bands live yet.

SlipknoT
Yeah, but that's called being an idiot.

The one thing music ISN'T about is hurting people.

-AC Aside from Gangsta rap....

Alpha Centauri
I don't see too many Gangsta Rap CDs killing people.

I see fans of the music acting like idiots, harming people then blaming the music, but no actual musical death.

Taking your aggression out on people at a Rock concert makes you an idiot.

-AC

RedAlertv2
I don't see too many Gangsta Rap CDs killing people.

I see fans of the music acting like idiots, harming people then blaming the music, but no actual musical death.

Taking your aggression out on people at a Rock concert makes you an idiot.

-AC

Im not a fan of the whole moshing thing, but I can see why poeple do it and I think to them moshing is as imporatnt as the music itself. May sound wierd to you, but my dad knows a guy who goes to concerts just to beat the shit out of poeple, and I know someone who goes to concerts for the same reasons, even going to concerts of bands he dislikes just for the sake of moshing.

Like I said, Im not the type to do stuff like that, but I dont think people who do are idiots.

The Highlord
What? its like saying that you dont think the people that go see soccer matches just to beat the other teams fans up are not idiots, you think its funny that some assholes beat up nice long dedicted fans of some bands only cause they think its fun? huh? no its realy discusting and makes my wanna trow up, its only some very sick people that have a huge problem with them selfs.

RagnaViper
Originally posted by The Highlord
What? its like saying that you dont think the people that go see soccer matches just to beat the other teams fans up are not idiots, you think its funny that some assholes beat up nice long dedicted fans of some bands only cause they think its fun? huh? no its realy discusting and makes my wanna trow up, its only some very sick people that have a huge problem with them selfs.

Yeah, it makes me want to "trow up" too.

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by The Highlord

Well, after you trow up, realize this: anyone who goes in the pit at a concert understands that there will be some degree of violence. So your little soccer analogy doesnt work, becuase in this situation it is mutual violence, not one person beating up someone helpless.

Myth
Soon I'll be seeing:
Green Day
Weezer
Foo Fighters
System of a Down
Mars Volta

Most excited for SOAD though.
I have seen too many to list out all but some of the more memorable ones (by that I mean, I remember seeing them, not necessarily that they were good):
Godsmack
Rob Zombie
Green Day
SOAD
Dope
Slipknot
Slayer
Korn
Disturbed
Papa Roach
Static-X
Saliva
Down
Puddle of Mudd
Stereomudd
Deftones
Scum of the Earth
Syx
Tommy Lee
Soil
Craving Theo
Twisted Method
Motograter
Brand New Sin
Thats all I can remember right now. I know I'm missing 2 bands from this summer alone.

StinkFist462
there was a thread on this before and im too lazy to find and list all the bands i have seen.

so im just gonna name the bands i will be seeing soon (thread on that aswell)

Mars Volta
System of a Down

Nine Inch Nails
Queens Of The Stone Age
Autolux

Coheed and Cambria
Blood Brothers
Dredg
mewithoutyou

CKY

The Highlord
Ah comon man, I know that if you really think about it, you know that beating people up is only for stupit people, its just something you just dont do, no matter what people say about you, you just dont think 'I really gotta knock him out' if you think that way then something is amiss, its just wrong, and your father knows someone that just gose to a concert to get into fights? what kind of attitude is that? give him my greeting will ya? tell him to hit himself in the head before he gose to sleep as hard as he can at least 10 times, and then ask him to think about how fun it is, at least its a start for the lamer with no brain, ffs dose he think a concert is a battlefield or something? It really sad if you have to expect violance everytime you go to a concert, I was at a local concert 2 weeks ago and there where 6000 people, and everyone i talked to had a GREAT time, infact I didint even hear or see one fight with fists or words, why someone would go to jjust get into fights when everybody else gose to have a good time is pretty sick if you ask me or all the rest of comon people for that matter

Alpha Centauri
First of all...

Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Im not a fan of the whole moshing thing, but I can see why poeple do it and I think to them moshing is as imporatnt as the music itself.

Wrong. Totally.

May sound wierd to you, but my dad knows a guy who goes to concerts just to beat the shit out of poeple, and I know someone who goes to concerts for the same reasons, even going to concerts of bands he dislikes just for the sake of moshing.

They're f*cking waster idiots then. Simple as. That's like someone going out in the street just to beat someone up.

Like I said, Im not the type to do stuff like that, but I dont think people who do are idiots.

Then you're an idiot. Anyone who goes to a Rock show to beat people up, is a moron. Simple. No debate.

Well, after you trow up, realize this: anyone who goes in the pit at a concert understands that there will be some degree of violence. So your little soccer analogy doesnt work, becuase in this situation it is mutual violence, not one person beating up someone helpless.

Well yes it is like that. It's not mutual violence you cretin. It's someone going to be an idiot, meeting (possibly) other idiots then proceeding to act like morons. Other people who go there to enjoy the music and the show (which is what it's about) often get hurt or even killed as a result.

You and anyone like you who thinks it's right or justified, need to go play on a motorway. You make me sick.

There's an difference between being barged around by loads of people getting into the music and going to a concert to harm people.

Morons.

-AC

RedAlertv2
I think the whole point of a mosh pit is to mosh, yet you seem to not realize this. If you (like me) do not like to mosh, then stay in a seat and stop complaining about people who do.

Y'know AC, your arguments would hold more credibility if you would stop throwing around insults so much. Just kinda lowers yourself

Alpha Centauri
Dilemma: You don't want to be called a moron or an idiot?

Solution: Don't portray yourself as one.

My arguements are credible either way. You have an idiotic mentality toward music and concert going.

Why? Because you try to justify fighting and going to concerts to beat people up. I'm the incredibly steep slope to your Steven Hawking minus wheelchair.

-AC

tabby999
i can dig going to pits to mosh. when i was able to it was great fun. you dont have to punch and hurt people to have fun, i was only ever once in a incident of violence in a pit, and thats only because the guy trying to hurt me was after me before the concert. long story short, he ran at me, i tripped him, he got stood on for a hour, he dosn't mess with me no more. i dont go there to fight with idiots, i want to have a good time

Alpha Centauri
Lots of people do and lots go to NOT get into fights.

Some end up getting beaten up because idiots go with the intention of fighting.

-AC

RedAlertv2
Dilemma: You don't want to be called a moron or an idiot?

Solution: Don't portray yourself as one.

My arguements are credible either way. You have an idiotic mentality toward music and concert going.

Why? Because you try to justify fighting and going to concerts to beat people up. I'm the incredibly steep slope to your Steven Hawking minus wheelchair.

-AC

Look man, I dont know what your deal is. Dont get pissed just becuase I disagree with you. After all, I told you I am not a fan of moshing. I said I'm not into that, but merely tried to point out why others might be, and you busted out all this Steven Hawking shit. Very mature.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The Beastie Boys were dope at a Tibetan Freedom concert I saw a while back. On a more recent note, Coolio, himself, smack'd the crow'd up at a Totally Board Event...Classic.

Alpha Centauri
The Steven Hawking thing was a joke.

You were trying to say you see why others do it and that it's as important as the music itself.

You were wrong. You cannot justify in any way, shape, form or structure, going to a rock show to fight.

-AC

RedAlertv2
The Steven Hawking thing was a joke.

You were trying to say you see why others do it and that it's as important as the music itself.

You were wrong. You cannot justify in any way, shape, form or structure, going to a rock show to fight.

-AC

First of all, bad joke.

Second, sure, moshing obviously isnt important to you or me, but I think for many rockers it is a primary reason to go to concerts. I may not be able to justify it, but I can accept it. If you dont like moshing, stay out of the pit. Problem solved

Alpha Centauri
You ever been to a concert?

People unwillingly get dragged in.

-AC

RedAlertv2
Of course Ive been to a concert.

And if you dont want to get dragged in, get a seat.

Alpha Centauri
No, you're wrong.

I shouldn't have to jeopardise my concert going experience because people go there for the WRONG reasons.

If you're going to a concert to act like a f*cktard, I'm going to listen to the music. Who's got more right there? Me.

If you don't want to get dragged in, you shouldn't have to worry about it. Because people shouldn't go there to hurt others and start fights.

-AC

LiveAndLetDie
Moshing and being complete morons is what starts riots. Not all the time, but it can happen.

RedAlertv2
No, you're wrong.

I shouldn't have to jeopardise my concert going experience because people go there for the WRONG reasons.

If you're going to a concert to act like a f*cktard, I'm going to listen to the music. Who's got more right there? Me.

If you don't want to get dragged in, you shouldn't have to worry about it. Because people shouldn't go there to hurt others and start fights.

-AC

Very well then. If you feel so strongly, take it up with the moshers, not with me

Ya Krunk'd Floo
On The Subject Of Moshing:

In the course of my life, I have occasionally sampled the flavour of the otherside. Whislt at university, I would - on occassion - accompany my metal-headed friends to a deep, dark, basement club to sample a live band or two. In my experience, the head-bangers and moshers at these clubs were friendly, fun-loving dudes and dudettes who enjoy a physical and mental experience of the music that delights their ears. I have seen far more posturing and malevolent aggression at the concerts/gigs of bands who do not incite moshing.

Adieu.

The Highlord
Alpha I agree with you on this, one should be able to be at any place in the concert without getting or risking anything, after all you do pay for a ticket to see the band/s adn should be able to enjoy the concert wheter your in front row or at some seat not that close to the stage, why anyone thinks its like just ok if people get hurt is beyond me

RagnaViper
Originally posted by RagnaViper
Well, I'll be heading to Gigantour tomorrow. Should kick some serious arse.

Anyhoo, still haven't seen many good bands live yet.

I'm just going to say a few things on Gigantour and how awesome it was.

Bobaflex opened well and Dry Kill Logic followed fairly well. Nevermore was great. Life of Agony was pretty crappy. Dillinger Escape Plan (despite the fact that I hate them) were completely out of place on this tour. I have no idea what was with Dave Mustaine when he put them in. Symphony X didn't f***ing show up, which was just plain weak. They were one of the main reasons I wanted to go. Fear Factory did good for Fear Factory, but I've never liked these guys that much.

Dream Theater was all kinds of awesome (my highlight of the night). They played all their best stuff from As I Am to Endless Sacrifice (though I wished they played Instrumedley). Megadeth was just plain awesome. Cranking out hit after hit with tons of pyrotechnic work, the show was just plain awesome. Dave made a few mistakes, but it was so awesome that I didn't care at all.

Anyway, awesome tour. I hope they do it again next year.

Flying High
Seen :

Idlewild (x2)
Green Day
Athlete
Queens Of The Stonage
KT Tunstall
Razorlight
Travis (x2)
Biffy Clyro
Franz Ferdinand
Sons And Daughters

Going To See :
Bands At T In The Park smile

SlipknoT
Originally posted by RagnaViper
I'm just going to say a few things on Gigantour and how awesome it was.

Bobaflex opened well and Dry Kill Logic followed fairly well. Nevermore was great. Life of Agony was pretty crappy. Dillinger Escape Plan (despite the fact that I hate them) were completely out of place on this tour. I have no idea what was with Dave Mustaine when he put them in. Symphony X didn't f***ing show up, which was just plain weak. They were one of the main reasons I wanted to go. Fear Factory did good for Fear Factory, but I've never liked these guys that much.

Dream Theater was all kinds of awesome (my highlight of the night). They played all their best stuff from As I Am to Endless Sacrifice (though I wished they played Instrumedley). Megadeth was just plain awesome. Cranking out hit after hit with tons of pyrotechnic work, the show was just plain awesome. Dave made a few mistakes, but it was so awesome that I didn't care at all.

Anyway, awesome tour. I hope they do it again next year. Oh dude I cant wait, I'm going on August 24th

RagnaViper
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Oh dude I cant wait, I'm going on August 24th

Awesome. You're gonna love it man. The pyrotechnics alone during the Megadeth set are worth the fifty bucks.

Plus, you should get f***ing Symphony X.

SlipknoT
Yea, I'm mainly going for Megadeth, Fear Factory, and Dream Theater. Ionly paid $30 eek!

barbarossa

You people sound like a bunch of stupid Hardcore Dancers. A pit is to bruise at most. Not to purposely mangle.

Slipknot, don't go to see the new Misfits. Thats a no-no. erm

I personally have been to a shitload, my favorites would have to be...

Tiger Army
The Unseen
The Adicts.

SlipknoT
Yea I saw them Twice last year...It was actually kinda sad erm they seemed so tired and old, they were all out of breath and tired...But worst of all No Danzig sad

barbarossa
Yup, Hence my hatrid for the new Misfits. The whole thing was another scheme of Jerry Only's to make some cash.... and totally piss off loyal Legacy of Brutality Fiends.

MetallicaT
has anyone else seen american head charge live? i saw em with static-x ,blood simple, and 10 yrs a few days ago... they ****in rock

SlipknoT
Originally posted by barbarossa
Yup, Hence my hatrid for the new Misfits. The whole thing was another scheme of Jerry Only's to make some cash.... and totally piss off loyal Legacy of Brutality Fiends. Yea, Only's a *****...Remember when he tried to be a Pro Wrestler on WCW? laughing

barbarossa
Oh god. Yes I do *Vomits*

Alpha Centauri
What washed up celebrity didn't try to be a wrestler in WCW though?

-AC

Lana
I've only been to one concert, Hot Hot Heat, Interpol, and Queens of the Stone Age (mostly went to see QOTSA, though Hot Hot Heat was also very good). It was an outdoor concert in a park in Chicago (and was cheap as hell, $15), and it was excellent.

And surprisingly, despite the fact that the majority of the people in the audience was around my age and a little older, and the ones old enough to drink were pretty drunk, there wasn't any moshing or fighting or idiocy.

Well, except for someone throwing a shoe at QOTSA while they were playing.

Alpha Centauri
I mean, to be honest if someone is drunk and acts like an idiot it sucks. I can overlook it slightly because it's highly likely it was the alcohol.

I just hate people who go sober with the intention of fighting.

-AC

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Lana

Well, except for someone throwing a shoe at QOTSA while they were playing. I threw My friends shoe at Killswitch Engage when I went to see them...But that was because they told the crowd to take off their clothes and throw them on stage laughing out loud

mutilated_body
well i just was at the 311, Unwritten Law tour eh, not to bad. before that it was Goody Fest with Hatebreed headlining both nights. it kicked ass. the company i work for does concerts so i get to see some of em. if they play at MEsa Ampitheater in Mesa Arizona so se a concert goin there im probably workin it. next so far is My Chemical Romance or something

djois
Beth Hart (3)
K's Choice (6)
Tori Amos (2)
Garbage
Rammstein (2)
Linkin Park
Lamb
Therapy? (2)
Sarah Mclachlan
Anastacia
Sarah Bettens
Live (2)
Epica (2)

RedAlertv2
I wont name all the bands ive seen, cuz there are quite a few, but the concerts ive been to are:

Warped Tour 05
Taste of Chaos
Green Day (with New Found Glory and Sugarcult)

The best live acts ive seen are:

Avenged Sevenfold
the Used
Green Day
Offspring
MXPX
Fallout boy

Pezmerga
I Havent been to many,....lol

Been to Dropkick Murphys once at Bogarts in Cincinnati...small hole in the wall venue with only a few seats near bar on second level....I just chilled in the back with friends..I only went cuz i was invited lol was alot of skinheads though....but despite that moshing wasnt bad. Some dude was trying to be an ass but a few people grabbed him and he just left .
lol.

Also been to Insane Clown Posse Twice...lol once Twiztid opened for them....I dont care too much for them anymore, but they put on a good show at least... was way too crowded to mosh lol.

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by barbarossa
You people sound like a bunch of stupid Hardcore Dancers. A pit is to bruise at most. Not to purposely mangle.

Slipknot, don't go to see the new Misfits. Thats a no-no. erm

I personally have been to a shitload, my favorites would have to be...

Tiger Army
The Unseen
The Adicts.

If the Unseen is one of the best bands youve seen, you must only go to shitty concerts. The Unseen suck.

TheStormrider
Individual bands:

Iced Earth x2
Iron Maiden x3
Tool
Opeth
Megadeth x2
Dream Theater x2
Bloodbath
Stratovarius
Therion
Rage against the Machine
In Flames
Slayer
Children of Bodom
Symphony X
Nevermore

...and a bunch of other bands that aren't even worth the time to type. I'm not gonna bother listing them all.

Looking forward to seeing:
Porcupine Tree
Sleepy Time Gorilla Museum
Opeth (again)

Really want to see:
Iced Earth (again)
Norther
G3 (mainly for Satch)
Paul Gilbert (aka God)
The Black Mages
Amaran (unfortunately not possible anymore)
Autumn Leaves (same as above)

Kaleanae
The only concerts I've been to are
U2 + Kings of Leon
Coldplay
Rilo Kiley
Amina
Sigur Ros

The best one so far... Sigur Ros

Flying High
Originally posted by Flying High
Seen :

Idlewild (x2)
Green Day
Athlete
Queens Of The Stonage
KT Tunstall
Razorlight
Travis (x2)
Biffy Clyro
Franz Ferdinand
Sons And Daughters

Going To See :
Bands At T In The Park smile

righto...time for an update stick out tongue

We Are Scientists (x2)
The Fratellis (x2)
The Automatic (x2)
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Zutons (x2)
Keane
Snow Patrol
Hard-Fi
Razorlight again
Muse
Orson
Boy Kill Boy
Mystery Jets
Editors (x2)
Feeder (x2)
Ordinary Boys
The Kooks (x2)
Franz Ferdinand (x2)
The Who
Arctic Monkeys
The Futureheads
Wolfmother
Maximo Park
Nine Black Alps
Giant Drag
Fall Out Boy (x2)
The Academy Is
The Hush Sound
Fightstar no expression
The Delays

it's only so long cause i've been to two festivals this year and some gigs stick out tongue

Myth
Ok lets see what I can remember.........

1. Alice Cooper
2. Rob Zombie (about 4 years ago)
3. Rob Zombie (this year)
4. System of a Down

The rest not in order (many of these were because I went for a different band mind you):
Green Day (twice)
System of a Down (a second time)
Saliva
Avenged Sevenfold
Alice in Chains
Korn
Slipknot
Soil
Dope
Disturbed
Twisted Method
Motograter (twice)
Tommy Lee
Static-X
Papa Roach (before 2nd album)
Seether
Mars Volta
Hella (They were awful)
Syx
Scum of the Earth
Eagles of Death Metal
Peaches (boo!)
Anthrax
Bangkok Five
Western Aerial
Buck Cherry
Evans Blue
Aural Lust
Floater
Godsmack
Puddle of Mudd
Lux
Shifft
Velabonz
Smoochknob
Chevelle
Endo
Unloco
Trapt
Spineshank
Deftones
Stereomudd
Craving Theo
Glass Chunk

And there is more that I can't think of right now.

Victor Von Doom
righto...time for an update stick out tongue

We Are Scientists (x2)
The Fratellis (x2)
The Automatic (x2)
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Zutons (x2)
Keane
Snow Patrol
Hard-Fi
Razorlight again
Muse
Orson
Boy Kill Boy
Mystery Jets
Editors (x2)
Feeder (x2)
Ordinary Boys
The Kooks (x2)
Franz Ferdinand (x2)
The Who
Arctic Monkeys
The Futureheads
Wolfmother
Maximo Park
Nine Black Alps
Giant Drag
Fall Out Boy (x2)
The Academy Is
The Hush Sound
Fightstar no expression
The Delays

it's only so long cause i've been to two festivals this year and some gigs stick out tongue

And the good bands are:

Muse, RHCP.

Morning_Glory
ok haven't seen as many as some of you people... embarrasment

Fiona Apple
Damien Rice
Ryan Adams
Jet
Kasabian
Oasis (2x)
The Fray
30 Seconds to Mars (they really sucked)
Kill Hannah
Staind
Metallica
Godsmack

Flying High
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
And the good bands are:

Muse, RHCP.
different people,different tastes. simple as. smile

Myth
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
ok haven't seen as many as some of you people... embarrasment

Fiona Apple
Damien Rice
Ryan Adams
Jet
Kasabian
Oasis (2x)
The Fray
30 Seconds to Mars (they really sucked)
Kill Hannah
Staind
Metallica
Godsmack

At least you got to see Metallica though.

Victor Von Doom
different people,different tastes. simple as. smile

And so the humble message board continues to work.

Bardock42
And the good bands are:

Muse, RHCP.

...The Who...

Anyways, update on concerts I have been to:

Flying High
Originally posted by Bardock42
...The Who...

have to say...i was a bit disappointed with them...maybe it was to do with being so far back...but i just didn't feel..."into" it if you get me...

Bardock42
have to say...i was a bit disappointed with them...maybe it was to do with being so far back...but i just didn't feel..."into" it if you get me...

Yeah, I get what you mean..you are not into good bands, fair enough.

Dr. Strangelove
...The Who...

You've never seen Rammstein?

And you consider yourself German...

Victor Von Doom
...The Who...

Maybe back in the day.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
You've never seen Rammstein?

And you consider yourself German...

I consider myself German because I've never seen Rammstein.

Maybe back in the day.

Fair enough....except for the maybe...The Who were good. Fact.

The Core
I never participated because I had gone to so few shows, so..while the list isn't anything striking, here goes;

Gojira
Trivium
Mastodon
Priestess
Converge
Job For A Cowboy
Daath
See You Next Tuesday
Psyopus
The Acacia Strain x 2
Through The Eyes of The Dead
Light This City
From A Second Story Window
Deftones
Glassjaw
Michale Graves x 2
De La Soul
Third Eye Blind
Smashmouth
Orgy
Videodrome
Ben Folds Five
Lynyrd Skynyrd x 2
Live
Tripping Daisy
Def Leppard
Korn
Staind

I caught Gojira w/ Trivium at Station 4 in St. Paul, MN last night and it was incredible. Probably the second best show I've ever been to behind Deftones at First Avenue. Gojira were intense.

http://a49.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/22/l_514fd0b1ec5025bcd4b6839bd26bbc88.jpg

I was about 6 feet away from the stage, a little closer as the crowd moved around. The entire time, you could see how focused Joseph was, like a machine, just this possessed look. On the other hand, Christian was smiling and nodding along. Their love for music was contagious. Trivium get a bad wrap for being too much like Metallica. I will say this, having seen them live, they come off as more Metallica than even Metallica were back in the MOP days. I've never heard a more thrash happy, but technically perfect thrash guitar in my life. That, and Travis, their drummer, had double kicks that shook the entire warehouse.

An overall great show, and having been able to meet Joe, Jean Michel, and Christian
of Gojira, as well as Matthew Heafy of Trivium, made it allllll the better.

Christian was funny, having spoken to him for a few. He felt the need, even with his strong French accent, to tell my buddy and I that he was from South France, when I asked if they'd please play the States again. I almost got Matthew hit by a car, too. I snapped that photo on the street outside the club while he was gettin' into the car with a bottle of Whitetail, lol.

Alpha Centauri
Gojira, to me, are the best pure metal band on the planet besides Mastodon. They have a lot of promise considering they're on their third album, one behind Mastodon (If you are counting entire releases).

From Mars to Sirius is amazing.

-AC

PiruBlood
young jeezy concert (rumored)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.