Lucifer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Nauj
Ok I dont believe in the devil but is it true he was like gods most beautiful angel but god punished him for something. anyways my question is how does he really look like?!? does he really exsist and can he really transform into anything he wants?!?

Thanks

finti
he is tall darkblond with blueish eyes with a shade of brown and wear nike`s

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
he is tall darkblond with blueish eyes with a shade of brown and wear nike`s

I've seen him too.......Don't go near.....DON'T LOOK INTO HIS EYES!!!

Atlantis001

finti
yeah Medusa, great song by Trapeze

debbiejo
Could medusa has been a man...all snaky like...get ya all stoned?

finti
nah only women uses cheap tricks like that

Chibi Boy
Originally posted by Darth Nauj
Ok I dont believe in the devil but is it true he was like gods most beautiful angel but god punished him for something. anyways my question is how does he really look like?!? does he really exsist and can he really transform into anything he wants?!?

Thanks

The devil was a the lead angel in the sound department, until he was overcome with greed for gods power. When god noticed he banished him from heaven.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Chibi Boy
The devil was a the lead angel in the sound department, until he was overcome with greed for gods power. When god noticed he banished him from heaven.

That's the story anyway. As for physical appearence, most would tell you that the devil, if he exists at all, is merely temptation or sin or some other abstract quality that really doesn't have a physical appearence.

Personally, the above story sounds preposterous to me. The idea that Satan willfully gave up God suggests to me one of three things.
1. God isn't perfect, or else it would have been literally impossible for Lucifer to turn away from him and "go evil."
2. God didn't fully reveal himself to Lucifer, thus not giving him every opportunity to choose what is "right." This would suggest a fault on God's part.
3. The whole thing is made up...Satan is nothing like many popular images picture him, or he simply doesn't exist.

I'd lean toward option 3...but that's just me.

Lucifer, probably, looks like whatever you want him to look like. If it's a red demon with horns, so be it. Or if it's just a varying concept of good and evil that bears no physical appearence, that's fine too. Or if you just don't think he exists, that's ok too. You certainly wouldn't be alone.

-DM

Imperial_Samura
A late Antiquity theologian by the name of Origin believed that Satan/Lucifer could look like he began (the classical image of perfection) again, as he would one day repent and be returned to God's good books. So, theoretically is that possible? Could Lucifer be saved?

Likewise, if one were to look at good and bad, mankind would be in the middle, capable of good and bad, the closer to God one goes the closer to good one gets, and Angels are pretty close. So if something like evil and sin came from the ranks of angels, theoretically couldn't something good come from Hell.....? Is it possible? And if, say, Hell and all existed, why aren't the souls contained within allowed to learn from their mistakes and repent as well, if say even Satan could apologise....

Superman 24

Thanks

He was once an, angel of God, but then wanted to much power, and turned his back on God. He is known as the fallen angel, oh yeah and the Devil.

feralboy
no one know but god,e,angels,demon,and him.

Darth Nauj
Thanks everyone big grin

Atlantis001
Lucifer was not about evil originaly, that was just a misinterpretation that the cristians made of the pagan religions. They adoped elements of importance of some pagan religions, and used them to create their devil.

Why it has a goat form ?
It came from Dionisius, never saw a satyr.

Why the trident ?
In mysticism, and occultism the trident is a magical tool that represents the trinity.

Why it is represented as a serpent in the Genesis ?
That came from some african religions, and hinduism. I already explained that in the St. Peter thread.

Some even stupidly associate the pentagram with him. What is it ?
It came from Pitagoras originaly, I think. It is used as a symbol of protection, and represents the spiritual man.

For now thats what I can remember.

Chibi Boy
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Lucifer was not about evil originaly, that was just a misinterpretation that the cristians made of the pagan religions. They adoped elements of importance of some pagan religions, and used them to create their devil.

Why it has a goat form ?
It came from Dionisius, never saw a satyr.

Why the trident ?
In mysticism, and occultism the trident is a magical tool that represents the trinity.

Why it is represented as a serpent in the Genesis ?
That came from some african religions, and hinduism. I already explained that in the St. Peter thread.

Some even stupidly associate the pentagram with him. What is it ?
It came from Pitagoras originaly, I think. It is used as a symbol of protection, and represents the spiritual man.

For now thats what I can remember.

That would be seen as the devil because in Christianity the Devil wants you to beleive in the wrong things such has Occultism, Paganism etc.
As for the Serpent in genesis, it was infact more like a dragon before God got rid of their legs and that isn't your average snake.

Atlantis001

riku harada

Thanks
he was suppose to be the angel of light or something. God's right hand (before jesus). got greedy and rebelled..... i don't know much else...

fruits
yes it is true that lucifer used to be an angel. he tempted jesus and tried to kill him, so god banished him to hell. yes he exists, i have no idea what he looks like, and it is partially true that he can transform into anything he wants. you see, he disguises himself and presents himself to us EVERYday. its not like im saying he dresses up as a person and walks around, he's that candy that you wanna steal, he's that gun that's just calling for you to shoot somebody. he's a bunch of different stuff, tempting you to do wrong, and when you steal, or cheat, your just giving in to him. but YES, he does exist

Chibi Boy

debbiejo
Well the Mormons believed Jesus and Lucifer are brothers.

http://bible-truth.org/jesusbro.htm

CosmicSurfer
Correct me if I'm wrong,

Judiasm doesn't even have a devil or angels for that matter. I believe Satan/Lucifer is purely borrowed from different pagan religions.

Christianity to me is like a conglomeration of Judiasm, Zoroasterism, Mithirism, and Wiccan beliefs.

Atlantis001
Actually i am afraid to say that Christianity came from Judaism, sorry. Yet we still don't know if most of those religions copied off of Christianity. May i remind that all these things that happened had something to do with god when they did, just because the other religions got everything wrong except for the odd few things about the existance of a god doesn't mean that Christianity copied them, but the whole idea still doesn't despell Christianity anyway.

It was not those religions that were copied off, it was christianity that came from then, they are much older than christianity. If you study these religions you will find a lot of analogies.

Agreed. But you should add more to that list; Greek, Nordic, Hinduism, Buddhism, Egyptian, Sumerian and Babylonian, Akkadian for what I remenber.

Atlantis001

Tangible God
I believe Lucifer to have taken the form of Michael Moore to bring down America from within, so he can rise up and take control of our hemp growth operations.

yerssot

Chibi Boy
It was not those religions that were copied off, it was christianity that came from then, they are much older than christianity. If you study these religions you will find a lot of analogies.
But that's what christianity is mostly about, Jews. Just because they both have likenesses doesn't mean that they copied, just because someone has the same eye colour as me doesn't make us related.
if we are going to put it that way i'll use your idea against you, many religions believe in there being a powerful god, and most of the things which happen in the beleifs seem the same, so that means that there is a god but the beleifs were changed as they were told until only a few things seemed the same.

Plus, them other religions could have copied off Judaism.

debbiejo

Plus, them other religions could have copied off Judaism.

Judaism copied off of the Sumerian's, Babylonians, and Persians when in captivity....they are all mingles with similar stories.

Atlantis001
Exactly. Judaism is older than christianism, but is the newer religion of those I told you. Judaism has elements of Egyptian religion because they were made slaves, and it has Sumerian/Babylonian elements, and Akkadian elements amongst others, because actually Jews came from Akkadians which later became arabs, and Jews. I mean that the Jewish people were the Sumerians, and Babylonians before.

Those similarities between the religions is something that is studied by scientists like historians, archeologists, antropologists, theologists they are not opinions they are facts.

debbiejo
Exactly. Judaism is older than christianism, but is the newer religion of those I told you. Judaism has elements of Egyptian religion because they were made slaves, and it has Sumerian/Babylonian elements, and Akkadian elements amongst others, because actually Jews came from Akkadians which later became arabs, and Jews. I mean that the Jewish people were the Sumerians, and Babylonians before.

Those similarities between the religions is something that is studied by scientists like historians, archeologists, antropologists, theologists they are not opinions they are facts.

I wonder if anyone will listen to these "Facts"...You might want to copy and paste this all over the place.......All over chibi boy...

yerssot
last time I checked they had no real proof that jews were slaves in egypt

debbiejo
Originally posted by yerssot
last time I checked they had no real proof that jews were slaves in egypt

They were living in Persia....The only proof of slaves in Egypt was a stone carved wall...but not sure. It didn't say much.

WindDancer
The story goes that Lucifer was indeed a great Angel (Arch-Angel or whatever) and his love for God grew larger to the point in which he took great pride and he became rather Narcisst (sp?) and jealous. So God threw his butt down to earth and along with his buddies. As years and years past, Lucifer became more wicked and was locked forever in hell.

Since Moses, Abraham, Daniel and the whole gang from the OT were never Christinize the Devil kept them in Hell. When J.C. was crucified the story tells that somehow someway (I don't remenber the details) J.C. Freed all the geezers and took them up to heaven. Locking the gates of hell until J.C. returns to earth during the Final Judgement.

Great story. If it is real this would top it all!

debbiejo
Originally posted by WindDancer
The story goes that Lucifer was indeed a great Angel (Arch-Angel or whatever) and his love for God grew larger to the point in which he took great pride and he became rather Narcisst (sp?) and jealous. So God threw his butt down to earth and along with his buddies. As years and years past, Lucifer became more wicked and was locked forever in hell.

Since Moses, Abraham, Daniel and the whole gang from the OT were never Christinize the Devil kept them in Hell. When J.C. was crucified the story tells that somehow someway (I don't remenber the story) J.C. Freed all the geezers and took them up to heaven. Locking the gates of hell until J.C. returns to earth during the Final Judgement.

Great story. If it is real this would top it all!

Well most think Satan is waiting in hell and is torturing people there now, but other scriptures tell him as not torturing people, but getting thrown into the lake of burning fire in the end...The story of Jesus going to hell to free the captives and setting them free...is only an interpretation of what the verses say....It was more symbolic.....But, in the gnostic book of....ahhh, I can't remember, It has Jesus going down and waking Adam, and everyone else up to free them....I can look it up if you need it....

jacobo0o
i didnt read any of the other quote written by other people

Prince of Darkness

Lucifer

u do not know how he looks like because he is a spirit
as a christian i believe that he exist
he can turn into anything that goes against God

lucifer aka satan

has lost the war on Earth Jesus Christ has beaten him

from then on up to now all he tries is to take as many of human as possible down to hell with him

this is according to me, i may be wrong but this is my thought

finti
kind off contradicting yourself there

Atlantis001

finti
being the force Egypt was it aint all suprising they would have some influence on certain aspects with things

WindDancer
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well most think Satan is waiting in hell and is torturing people there now, but other scriptures tell him as not torturing people, but getting thrown into the lake of burning fire in the end...The story of Jesus going to hell to free the captives and setting them free...is only an interpretation of what the verses say....It was more symbolic.....But, in the gnostic book of....ahhh, I can't remember, It has Jesus going down and waking Adam, and everyone else up to free them....I can look it up if you need it....

If you be so kind...yes...I would appreciated. And maybe a link if possible. I would like to get the story straight.

debbiejo
Living amongst other cultures usually do have a big influence on another..And that's why the scriptures have elements of myths in them.

WindDancer
You mean like a culture clash? Umm..yeah, I would accept that. Certain people get involved with other people of different culture. Eventually they adapt their literature, art, and traditions.

debbiejo
Originally posted by WindDancer
You mean like a culture clash? Umm..yeah, I would accept that. Certain people get involved with other people of different culture. Eventually they adapt their literature, art, and traditions.

I think it's the pressure of being around it all the time...generation after generation...slowly you become changed...kinda assimilated into it...

KPrince
Originally posted by Prince Nauj

Thanks

Yes. Lucifer, who became the devil or Satan, was the highest being GOD could create by fiat (instanteous creation). He was created with the total sum of wisdom, beauty, and power--pretty much a god himself. He was trained at the very throne of GOD and was one of the Archangels whose wings covered GOD's Throne. He was given rulership of the earth, before GOD created mankind. However, he became vain and believed himself to be worthy of GOD's Throne in Heaven. So, he corrupted the angels under him (they became demons) and he went up to Heaven to fight GOD, that is why GOD punished him and cast him down to the Earth. GOD has since limited his power, and created mankind to replace him as rulers of the earth (that is why the devil hates humans and wants to destroy us). He is in total darkness, plus a spirit, so we cannot see him even if he wanted us to which he doesn't. He can also take any form he wants, even appearing as an angel of light (deceiving people that he is good when he is not).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.