Most skilled band?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Victor Von Doom
Based upon actual technical ability, but also on the actual skill as a band, IE a cohesive entity and not just four good players ignoring each other.

Vote and comment.

Also name your favourite A-Team member.

Alpha Centauri
Rush and B.A Baracus.

Rush because they seem like the most perfect, cleanest, clearest cohesive players in what they produce.

B.A coz he's a wicked driver.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Going to go with Fantomas, because they seem to be the most unique/least imitable.

I could probably make a good case for any of the bands though.

And B.A. (Baracus )

Lana
I have to pick?

Victor Von Doom
Quite good at this aren't you?

Lana
I'm as indecisive as someone could possibly be. There's no way in hell I'd be able to make up my mind, considering those are all bands I love.

stick out tongue

Victor Von Doom
Do itttt.

Lana
Maybe when I'm not up to my eyeballs in coding and can actually think straight stick out tongue

Dr. Strangelove
I would pick Fantomas since there is nothing else like them nor could anyone else be like them.

Baracus.

Korri
Aaaahh that is an evil poll.

I'll go with Led Zeppelin, the perfect blend of musical talent IMO, Jimmy Page, the amazing guitarist who can turn his hand to just about any style of music, John Bonham - his technical accuracy is seconds to none (Yet you include Neil Peart on your list, like i say its an evil list), John Paul Jones Bass sound is simple yet effective and of course Mr Plant's unique vocal styling adds to the blend of originality.

Oh! and Mr. T because he can throw helluva far.

Afro Cheese
The Miles Davis Quintet

From that list... I'd go with Rush.

Alpha Centauri
Why do people do that? Name bands that aren't on the list.

There's a list for a reason. It's surely not that hard to stick to it.

Bonham's technical ability isn't the greatest. There are many better.

-AC

The Highlord
I have not heard all those bands, but from what i have heard, Dream Theater IMO plays the best, every member shows amazing skill

SlipknoT
Yea I'd go with Dream Theater or Zeppelin

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Why do people do that? Name bands that aren't on the list.

There's a list for a reason. It's surely not that hard to stick to it.
Title of the thread says "most skilled band," not "most skilled band out of these choices." Besides, I already named Rush as my choice out of the list.

Originally posted by The Highlord
I have not heard all those bands, but from what i have heard, Dream Theater IMO plays the best, every member shows amazing skill They're very good at their instruments, but to me they seem to fit the scenario of "just four good players ignoring each other."
Maybe it's just me though.

Alpha Centauri
Well it says most skilled band then offers a choice.

Either way, no harm done.

-AC

LiveAndLetDie
Originally posted by Korri
Aaaahh that is an evil poll.

I'll go with Led Zeppelin, the perfect blend of musical talent IMO, Jimmy Page, the amazing guitarist who can turn his hand to just about any style of music, John Bonham - his technical accuracy is seconds to none (Yet you include Neil Peart on your list, like i say its an evil list), John Paul Jones Bass sound is simple yet effective and of course Mr Plant's unique vocal styling adds to the blend of originality.

Oh! and Mr. T because he can throw helluva far.
agreed smile

Alpha Centauri
To add to that, Korri said JPJ's bass is simple and effective.

Geddy's bass is technical and effective.

-AC

RagnaViper
F**king Rush, dude.

Every member of that band is godly and their writing is awesome.

Rob Owns You
Ill go with Zeppelin

Pyrofly
outa thos led zeppelin..zeppelin rocks.

i wish queen was up there. no one could ever do better then frank, its a shame he passes away sad

Pyrofly
edit**** i didnt mean to say frank i meant freddie stick out tongue i just got done talking to a frank so yeah embarrasment my bad

alic88
dream theatre

amity75
Rush. By a million miles.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Personally I think The Who should be on the list. Roger Daltry on vocals, Keith Moon on drums, Pete Townshend on guitar and John Entwhistle on bass make as formidable technical lineup as any of the bands listed.
BUT, from the list I'd have to say Led Zep, but all those bands are technically very solid.

Oh, and Murdock. He's caraaazy.

Alpha Centauri
Why do people keep doing that? Can't you actually just pick from the list? It's a simple task.

The Who as formidable as Rush? Dream Theatre? Tool? Fantomas? Opeth? Radiohead? You having a laugh?

-AC

jaden101
what are you? bloody obsessed with "the list" mr oskar schindler over here stick out tongue

out of the list...led zep...

and to annoy AC...a band i think are highly talented as a unit despite the fact that im not a huge fan) biffy clyro

Df02
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Why do people keep doing that? Can't you actually just pick from the list? It's a simple task.

The Who as formidable as Rush? Dream Theatre? Tool? Fantomas? Opeth? Radiohead? You having a laugh?

-AC

does it seriously matter?

Rush and Murdock.

but not off the list, Meshuggah

Victor Von Doom
I did consider The Who and Meshuggah, but I had to limit it at some point.

ElectricBugaloo
Mahavishnu Orchestra.

Victor Von Doom
The poll was actually there for a reason, might come as a slight surprise.

el_barto
Zappa

And Mr. T

MetalHeart
Opeth

Victor Von Doom
Led Zep don't deserve to be leading the poll so definitively.

They are the better known band though, so it was always likely to happen.

Otaku
Dream Theater

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Led Zep don't deserve to be leading the poll so definitively.

They are the better known band though, so it was always likely to happen.

clapping

I strongly agree.On a pure technical level I realy don't even think Zepplin deserves to be on a list like this.They where a great band,but i've herd a lot of bands that are more technical and progressive.

Pezmerga
Rush is the correct choice imo.

amity75
It's between Rush and Led Zep but I have to go with Rush coz I've seen them live. And there's fewer members to make the noise.

nick1811
Necrophagist

not on the list i know, but i had to mention them

§P0oONY
Queen.... w00t

Not listed but what are you going to do about it?... mhm

Tptmanno1
I'm going with Tool.
Here are my reasonings...
Rush I haven't listened to enough.
Opeth, well the new drummer and Keyboard player arn't as cohesive as some of the other bands.
Radiohead can kinda turn into the Thom Yorke Show.
Dream Theater gets personally egotistical
And not enough listening from the Fantomas.
I love all the band up there, don't get me wrong, I'm jsut nitpicking.

Bardock42
As for the actual thread I have no clue....so I say the Beatles..they are always a good answer...

Now for the interesting part...obviously Mad Murdock....is there any doubt about that, come on....I mean....come on.

Metalhead92
I say Rush, because of the fluidity of each song and the musical complexity displayed by each instrument at the same time.

Mr. T

Tptmanno1
Oh I forgot to add..
Mr. T is awesome but I always had a likeing for the guy with the cigar...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I only really want to answer the bit about the A-Team member, can I do that?

I'm going to guess that it's OK, so my favorite was Murdock because he was loco, ese.

Alpha Centauri
Led Zeppelin are probably the one of the least technically (pure) skilled bands there, considering they're up against the likes of Rush, Tool, Dream Theater and Fantomas.

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I only really want to answer the bit about the A-Team member, can I do that?

I'm going to guess that it's OK, so my favorite was Murdock because he was loco, ese.

I love you man....I really do.

~Flamboyant~
Dream Theater, Mr. T

Nellinator
Dream Theatre. One of the greatest guitarists of all time and one of the best keyboard players.

demongene
RHCP.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Nellinator
Dream Theatre. One of the greatest guitarists of all time and one of the best keyboard players.

Drummer as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.