Exar & Ulic VS Sadow & Nadd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nai Fohl
Just because I'm bored, got inspired by my new signature and didn't find that thread around here...

So...who will win ?

Darth_Glentract
Ulic is the weakest one. Sadow would win I think. He is probably the most powerful and Freedon would want to fight Exar because Exar was the one who killed him. Sadow would probably see this and help Nadd, but hold back a little. I doubt would notice Naga holding back during the middle of a fight. Ulic probably would realise Exar was screwed and run or try and let Nadd and Sadow killed each other.

Illustrious
I'd have to agree.

Ulic would fall to either Nadd or Sadow rather quickly, or at least faster than Exar could vanquish Nadd or Sadow on his own. I believe, depending on how you structure this, Sadow would beat Ulic within a few minutes time, and then help out Nadd with Exar.

The Older Sith beat the Old Sith.

Darth_Glentract
I've actually changed my mind now on pary of my former post. I said that I thought Sadow was the most powerful. I now think Exar is better.

Same result and the battle goes the same way.

Illustrious
It's possible Exar was the best one there, i'm arguing though that he's certainly not better than Sadow AND Nadd, especially considering he learned from Nadd and needed the Amulet to destroy Nadd's spirit.

However, I will argue that Sadow can kill Ulic faster than Exar can beat Nadd, and as a result of my belief that Exar can't beat both of the older Sith Lords, I think the Older Sith lords beat the slightly less old Sith Lords.

Darth_Glentract
I agree with you on that. Exar is probably the strongest, then Nadd, then Sadow, then Ulic. The older Sith win.

DarkExar
Originally posted by Illustrious
It's possible Exar was the best one there, i'm arguing though that he's certainly not better than Sadow AND Nadd, especially considering he learned from Nadd and needed the Amulet to destroy Nadd's spirit.

However, I will argue that Sadow can kill Ulic faster than Exar can beat Nadd, and as a result of my belief that Exar can't beat both of the older Sith Lords, I think the Older Sith lords beat the slightly less old Sith Lords.

Exar would of owned nadd the only reason he used the amulet coz its the only way to destroy a spirit tru articacts and stuff

But still even for exar both of them its just out og his class to beat um both at once all tho it deppends if exars useing this staff saber as u seen with qui-gon obi and maul staffs are extreamly good at defending and the point that shadow didnt use a saber as they wasnt made back then he use a sowrd might give ulic a edge to beat him while exar kills of nadd
I honestly carnt say who would win

Illustrious
Why would using a sword charged with SITH MAGIC be a disadvantage?

I've yet to hear one person say why.

The Sith Empire practically ALL used Sith Swords. When the Sith Empire waned, the later Dark Lords were fallen Jedi that fell into the cult Sith hands, you see this with guys like Exar and Revan.

That's the reason why they use lightsabers. It's not because the SWORDS are obsolete.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by DarkExar
Exar would of owned nadd the only reason he used the amulet coz its the only way to destroy a spirit tru articacts and stuff

Err...Nadd controlled and manipulated Exar until Exar found the amulet which made him powerful enough to destroy Nadd. Spirits can also be defeated or destroyed without the use of artifacts. Watch Jaden defeating Ragnos spirit or Lukes Padawans defeating Exars spirit.

It doesn't pretty much not matter if people use lightsabers or Sith swords. The swords can also deflect blasters and they can deflect lightsaber hits.

Illustrious
Yeah, that's what I mean.

I suppose they could argue that the lightsaber has no counterbalance, so it may be a faster weapon, but I can just as easily argue the sword has more leverage and momentum.

As to his "Exar would have owned Nadd" comment, I wasn't going to say anything, as his name and fanboy fell out of the same tree.

Glentract may be right in that Kun > Nadd > Sadow, but I don't believe it's that simple. None of them struck the other down in their primes, so I don't believe you can make the argument that Nadd is greater than Sadow simply because he killed him, or the Kun is greater than Nadd because of that.

I don't believe Ragnos' spirit was destroyed, I just watched the cinematic again and he retreated into the sarcophagus. They destroyed the scepter and locked in the tomb, so sealing pretty much any hope he would return, but didn't necessarily destroy the spirit, as far as I can tell.

Darth_Glentract
I think your right because they probably wouldn't have been trying to revive him in KOTOR 2 if he was gone.(That is what they were trying to do isn't it?

Darth_Glentract
bump. come on people. its one of the better threads these days.

Darth Windu
Sadow and Nadd. As Ulic has sunk pretty low nowadays thanks to Nai, lol, either of the "older" Sith would vanquish him without too much risk, probably Nadd. Sadow would engage Exar, and he would give him hell like no other. Hell, he MIGHT be able to beat him in some circumstances judging by his superb mastery of Sith Magic, but I'll say Exar could take him here. However, by that time, Ulic would be in a million pieces, and then, the two "older" Sith would vanquish Exar. Unless there were some other species for Exar to absorb . . . .

Darth_Glentract
where was this showed that Ulic isn't very good

Baston Alveron
This is a good thread

DarthGenises
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
where was this showed that Ulic isn't very good

Yeah, where was it shown?

Darth_Glentract
Apparently it wasnt shown. He may have lost some status with some people, but not with me. I read the post. Let me get the link.

Darth_Glentract
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=356499

Darth Windu
It's not that he's bad, no one ever said he was. He's not as powerful as Nadd or Sadow, however, and that is apparent by their accomplishments, or lack of them, for that matter. And Ulic fought Exar to a standstill when they were both merely renegade Jedi. After being awarded with the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith, however, Exar soared far above Ulic, to a level of power that few have ever reached. Now, Sadow or Nadd wouldn't OWN him with despicable and stupid ease, but their victory would be assured.

Darth_Glentract
He was about equal to Exar after Exar had fought a lightsaber grandmaster to a standstill. I think Ulic got more powerful after that fight also, but not as much as Exar. He could hold his own against Sadow or Nadd for some time.

Darth Windu
Against Nadd, maybe a minute or two. I'm not underestimating him in the least, but. . . . here's how I can put it. Other than Obi-Wan vs. Anakin, what prequel duel lasted more than two minutes? And I mean a saber duel, not a Yoda/Sidious-esque fight? None. And of course, even now I think that Ulic could give Yoda a good fight, and even defeat Dooku. But I don't think he could stand up to Nadd or Sadow and come out on top.

DarkExar
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
Err...Nadd controlled and manipulated Exar until Exar found the amulet which made him powerful enough to destroy Nadd. Spirits can also be defeated or destroyed without the use of artifacts. Watch Jaden defeating Ragnos spirit or Lukes Padawans defeating Exars spirit.

It doesn't pretty much not matter if people use lightsabers or Sith swords. The swords can also deflect blasters and they can deflect lightsaber hits.
Only a sword made from the dark side can do that which nadd's wasnt

Right You Got nadd With His Sword And Mastery Of the force
And you Got Exar With His mastery Of the Staff Saber and a good control of the force
1) exar made the satff meening nadd would be overwelmed by it
2)Exar Would slice his sword in 1/2
3) Exar Was only manipulated to a point, after exar left korrbin Exar was in total control of him self Aka: The reason he got captuerd. If nadd was in control of exar that wouldnt of happend

Darth_Glentract
The sword it made of Cortosis so it can't be cut in half by a lightsaber.

Darth Windu
And why does everyone think that a staff/dual-wielding style is unstoppable?

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth Windu

Same reason people think Vaapad is strong against dark siders... A brain bug. Brain bugs are when little ideas get caught in peoples' heads and they eventually grow into unfounded generalizations.

Darth Abominus
good thread by the way.

tough to call honestly, would be an interesting skirmish to say the least.

but i think it would fall to nadd and sadow. if i remember correctly kun confronted droma and they fought for quite a while with neither one showing weakness till ragnos appeared before them.

droma is great but i don't think he's as powerful as sadow was. maybe on par with sadow in terms of fighting abilities but certainly not on par with force abilities.

kun perhaps being stronger than nadd, however i doubt he could kill nadd faster than sadow could kill droma.

hence i'd have to agree that nadd and sadow take this. ulic is strong but not as strong as the others imo.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Same reason people think Vaapad is strong against dark siders... A brain bug. Brain bugs are when little ideas get caught in peoples' heads and they eventually grow into unfounded generalizations.

So true. Some of the people that keep saying the staff is so unbeatable should tape two swords together, and then go try to swing it. It's terribly unwieldly.

Darth Abominus
curious,

is there proof that nadd did kill sadow? i read in this thread that he did but looked on wikipedia it is said that he may have but this isn't fully clear if he did or didn't.

thanks.

Illustrious
No, I don't believe we have proof. It is implied, perhaps, but I don't think it's mentioned explicitly (my memory may be a big clouded).

I don't think Nadd could have defeated Sadow's prime physical form, but as far as proof of him killing Sadow, hardly.

Darth Abominus
thanks illustrious

Darth_Janus
Well, I know it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of canon, but the description of Nadd's equipment mentions him destroying Naga Sadow... But still, Nadd had to be smart or damn strong to do so... Naga Sadow was pretty pimp.

DarthMaul9123
who cares its never going to happen

DarthMaul9123
Dark Lord of Jawas

Well, I know it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of canon, but the description of Nadd's equipment mentions him destroying Naga Sadow... But still, Nadd had to be smart or damn strong to do so... Naga Sadow was pretty pimp.

hahaha wat a dork

DarthMaul9123
i quoted that

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
i quoted that

Hey, it's Darth Maul 0123!

Illustrious

That's what I'm saying, it's implied, but it could just well be Nadd tricking Sadow and stealing his stuff. As far as "destroying Naga Sadow," that may or may not mean actually defeating him and sending Sadow to Neverland.

Yeah, Sadow as pimp.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Illustrious
That's what I'm saying, it's implied, but it could just well be Nadd tricking Sadow and stealing his stuff. As far as "destroying Naga Sadow," that may or may not mean actually defeating him and sending Sadow to Neverland.

Yeah, Sadow as pimp.

I doubt Nadd did it in a fair fight. Sadow was pretty old but pretty powerful at that time, while Nadd was a fledgling jedi.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth Abominus
curious,

is there proof that nadd did kill sadow? i read in this thread that he did but looked on wikipedia it is said that he may have but this isn't fully clear if he did or didn't.

thanks.

i was actually the person who entered on wikipedia that it has not been confirmed. I made a thread on that a while ago and a few people agreed with me, and since it has not been proven, I addedi it. So yes, the answer is, Nadd did not definatly kill Sadow. In fact he probably didn't.

Darth L. Dipsit
I doubt Nadd did it in a fair fight. Sadow was pretty old but pretty powerful at that time, while Nadd was a fledgling jedi.

Wasn't Sadow a spirit at the time that Nadd killed him? Perhaps I am wrong, but I checked and a few sites said that this was true, and that it happened about six centuries after Sadow came to power (admittedly they weren't official SW sites, but they seemed legitimate and there were several of them that said so). If this is true, then Sadow would be weaker than he was in his prime (this I assumed based on the Marka Ragnos and Exar Kun cases).

Darth_Janus
I was under the impression Sadow was still alive when Nadd came to him.

darthrevan89
I thought he was a spirit.

Illustrious
Originally posted by darthrevan89
I thought he was a spirit.

I believe so too, in the same way Nadd was when Kun met him.

DarkExar
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
No im not saying a staff is unstopable mate smile
Its just back then they had no training against a satff so it would Give Exar a edge over him in a way see what i meen? embarrasment

elemental
sadow and nadd have this

Darth Paxus
The oly reason I would say Kun and Qel-Droma would have a chance is because Nadd nearly destroyed Sadow's spirit. So Kun might be able to persaude Sadow to attack Nad which would mean it could end up being Exar and Ulic vs. Sadow (as they would promptly betray him.) That wouls probably be a fairly even fight.

I'd like to note that Ullic is not weak. His powers are primarily combat oriented however, while the other three are all SIth Sorcerors of great ability. Had Nadd and Sadow been alive he would be far more effective. As the oter two are ghosts this is no longer the case.

Kun would probably not be able to defeat Sadow alone when he firsts comes to Yavin. Sadow has studied Sith magic for years. At the end of Kun's reign it is obvious that Exar has yet to fully grasp the powers he wields. (He says this straight out at the end of Sith Lords. He also unintentionally trapped himself in his temple (and if you say this is not so then explain the desperate 'ULIC!' on the last page...) He may not have even meant to completely destroy the planet!)

This is why the only way Kun wins is if he tricks Sadow into helping with Nadd and Ulic is still standing when the engage the second Sith.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.