Nice To Meet You, Me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Syren
Ok, so I was thinking about this at work and I figured I'd post it here to see what you all think.

If you found you go go back in time (hypothetical roll eyes (sarcastic) ) and you met yourself at the ages of 21 (if you're old enough), 18, 13 and 10 what do you think you might say to yourself? What would you do?

If I were to meet my 18 year old persona I think I would kick the living daylights out of my ignorant, arrogant self, first... then try my damndest to explain where I was going wrong and what I could do about it.

As for my 13 year old self, I'd probably ignore me, I wouldn't want to talk to me at that age, I remember what I was like laughing out loud

Myself at 10? I think I'd just cuddle myself for hours... and cry erm

How about you guys?

WindDancer
Let's see I'm 29 and if I were to go back in time to my 21st birthday I would just observe myself. I would neither talk nor try to get the attention of my earlier self. I would just look at myself to get the 3rd person perspective. And to see how others saw me.

Syren
That's cool yes I can imagine myself trying not to speak to, uh... myself. But I doubt I'd be able to restrain myself laughing out loud

Clovie
i would give myself the results of some lotto thing so i will become rich eek!

nah. just kidding. would be too scared to talk with myself. plus i know that if i tried to change anything it would just went worse yes

amity75
I'd shake myself by the hand and congratulate myself for being clever enough to invent time travel.

Syren
Originally posted by amity75
I'd shake myself by the hand and congratulate myself for being clever enough to invent time travel.

laughing out loud That's fantastic! big grin

amity75
Seriously, I'd tell myself to party/study more and not care what people think about me.

Lana
I was only 18 a year ago.....so there's not much I'd like to tell myself at that age but to stop worrying about things and just let go and trust my feelings.

I'd like to go back and tell my 13 year old self to be more confident and to not worry so much about other people think....that was right around when I became really shy.

Dunno about when I was 10....

Alpha Centauri
I'd say "Man, let me ****ing shake the hand of a child prodigy".

Though to be honest, I'd give myself a few warnings of people.

-AC

Syren
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I'd say "Man, let me ****ing shake the hand of a child prodigy".

Though to be honest, I'd give myself a few warnings of people.

-AC

yes It seems that people would primarily like to warn themselves of the dangers ahead... why do you think this is so important?

Fianna
Well..being seventeen..I'd probably go back to 13 and tell myself to relax more..and to be more confident and less sensitive so I can avoid that whole bullying thing..also to let go of my old friends and find some new ones..

Syren
Fi, that's another thing I would do... tell myself to move on from my old friends and widen my horizons a little...

Ken Kenobi
21...errr...no reason to go back to this year.

18...I'd tell myself to find a better job and to follow my lifelong dream of owning my own movie theater.

13...I'd teach myself to talk to girls a lot better. I was a sad case.

10...I'd tell myself not to be so shy and to let others in my life.

Fianna
Originally posted by Syren
Fi, that's another thing I would do... tell myself to move on from my old friends and widen my horizons a little... Yes..I clung to my friends from primary school and was very unhappy because of it...but I guess learning these things is all part of growing up..it all becomes experiences that you learn from..from that I've learnt that life and friendships move on..you have to let people, places and times go..

Syren
Definitely... but that's why it's a good thing we can't actually go back in time, I suppose... we learn as we go along. We take our mistakes and teach ourselves not to do it again! laughing out loud Could you imagine if you suddenly popped up and told yourself not to do something? As freaked out as you'd no doubt be, would you actually listen to yourself any more than you would a peer, or a parent?

KidRock
Tell myself how awesome I am. Then fight myself just to see how good I am.

Lana
Definitely... but that's why it's a good thing we can't actually go back in time, I suppose... we learn as we go along. We take our mistakes and teach ourselves not to do it again! laughing out loud Could you imagine if you suddenly popped up and told yourself not to do something? As freaked out as you'd no doubt be, would you actually listen to yourself any more than you would a peer, or a parent?

Hehe, very true.

There's things that I wish I could have told myself about when I was younger, but when I think about it, if I did, I might not be where I am today.

Syren
True. You can't change the way it was, or the way it will be... crazy

Lana
Would be nice if you could at times though!

Fianna
I think it would nice to have one day where things were different....you could be with anyone and be anywhere you wanted for just one day...happy

SlipknoT
Well if I could Go back to my 10 year old self I'd say you have a stupid haircut and then watch wrestling with myself because it kicked ass then, if I went back to my 13 year old self I'd tell him that Next year you're going to have the best times of your life...then punch him in the face and take his wallet.... Cant go to 18 or 21 because I'm neither yet...

Syren
yes That would be great... but wouldn't we, as humans, desire more than just one day? Even if we vowed to tolerate the limit, we'd always want more.

Syren
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Cant go to 18 or 21 because I'm neither yet...

Wonder how I figured you wouldn't be able to answer those laughing out loud Didn't expect you to be able to go back to 13, actually wink

Fianna
yes That would be great... but wouldn't we, as humans, desire more than just one day? Even if we vowed to tolerate the limit, we'd always want more. Yes..I guess we would..but if it was limited and we we forced to ONLY have that day...then you would always have this perfect day in your mind...though I think if you had that, you wouldn't want the rest of your life and would probably end up killing yourself becuase you had know true happiness and perfection but could never have it again..messed

Syren
Originally posted by Fianna
Yes..I guess we would..but if it was limited and we we forced to ONLY have that day...then you would always have this perfect day in your mind...though I think if you had that, you wouldn't want the rest of your life and would probably end up killing yourself becuase you had know true happiness and perfection but could never have it again..messed

laughing OMFG, that's perfect! I totally agree... so I think if anyone offered me that perfect day I'd say no thanks.

Actually, I don't think I could... OMG, we're screwed.

SlipknoT
Wonder how I figured you wouldn't be able to answer those laughing out loud Didn't expect you to be able to go back to 13, actually wink disgust

Fianna
laughing OMFG, that's perfect! I totally agree... so I think if anyone offered me that perfect day I'd say no thanks.

Actually, I don't think I could... OMG, we're screwed. True..or maybe you would motivated to be with this person or in this place and so you'd strive to be with and end up happier even if things are no longer perfect..

Syren
Only if you knew.. that's a good point actually. What if this perfect day were your insight into what could become of your life if you were to strive to reach your full potential? That's incentive enough, surely... wouldn't it be great if everyone had the Xmas Past, Xmas Present and Xmas Future ghostly trio come over one night, like Scrooge... the world would be full of responsible, hard working, generous people. All striving to be perfect for selfish reasons of course. Jeez, what a headf*ck.

Syren
disgust Fi stole my thread traffic...

PVS
i would do nothing out of fear of causing a paradox. then all i would say would be:

"i was gonna tell you to invest heavily in amazon and google, but it looks like i just ended existance....sorry" embarrasment

debbiejo
Ok, so I was thinking about this at work and I figured I'd post it here to see what you all think.

If you found you go go back in time (hypothetical roll eyes (sarcastic) ) and you met yourself at the ages of 21 (if you're old enough), 18, 13 and 10 what do you think you might say to yourself? What would you do?

If I were to meet my 18 year old persona I think I would kick the living daylights out of my ignorant, arrogant self, first... then try my damndest to explain where I was going wrong and what I could do about it.

As for my 13 year old self, I'd probably ignore me, I wouldn't want to talk to me at that age, I remember what I was like laughing out loud

How about you guys?

I thought I'd answer this without reading anyones else's posts first...Oh. how brave I am...

If I went to see myself at 10......I'd cry too.......didn't feel too loved then.
at 13...I would probably say...keep up the good fight...you're a Strong girl..
at 18...I'd say...don't feel guilty for thinking for yourself...and please...get a life outside of that boyfriend...you'll be thankful later...really....I knowing me...I think I'd listen.
at 21...I'd say...look...see I told you so...should of listened to me...OH, you listened.....It's about time....party on girl......

Now...I'll go and look....at what eveyone else said. eek!

Fianna
disgust Fi stole my thread traffic... whistling

bilb
Originally posted by PVS
i would do nothing out of fear of causing a paradox. then all i would say would be:

"i was gonna tell you to invest heavily in amazon and google, but it looks like i just ended existance....sorry" embarrasment

laughing laughing laughing

I LOVE the PVS perspective!!

Alpha Centauri
I'd go back and say, in all honesty:

"Go to KMC forums, become a mod, wait....scrap that. CREATE KMC forums, become admin, wait for *List of usernames* to sign up, then f*cking ban their faces off."

Or..."Don't drink coffee ever unless you want to entertain anyone. It's not that you act like an ass on it, it's just that you act friendly. We don't have ideological differences, but we're just not a friendly person to most people. So uh...yeah, steer clear of coffee. Too late for me....early for you. I'm not even here."

Then I'd run over and totally sex the hell out of this one chick I liked who was too old for me. Then laugh coz I said "sex".

Future AC: Dude!
Past AC: M-me?
Future AC: Yeah you. I'm you, but from like, totally the future.
Past AC: What? Why are you talking like that?
Future AC: It's fangirl, you won't experience it for a while. So savour the time you have. Anyway, so uh...how you doing? You like that girl?
Past AC: Yeah but like...I'm shy.
Future AC: Just go ask her out.
Past AC: No man, get the **** away from me.
Future AC: Ask her out.
Past AC: NO!
Future AC: I have two words for you....CAHHHME AHHHHN!

And then I'd probably be called back here to the present because I was wasting time.

-AC

Lana
I think you should drink coffee more often, it's fun big grin

Alpha Centauri
For everyone but me, yes.
For me, yes.

Hmm...I was supposed to come up with a negative there. For shitting crikey.

-AC

Lana
I cannot help but laugh every time you say that......laughing

Alpha Centauri
Everytime I say SOMETHING that nobody else has said, you end up on a quack handle.

-AC

Lana
Don't make me tease you.

Alpha Centauri
Oh come on, I don't want my head to feel like a couple of fortnights in a bad balloon.

(Try it and feel my wrath)

-AC

Lana
Fine, I'll be nice.

Hmph.

Alpha Centauri
Yeaaaaah.

We sure know who wears the pants in this thread.

-AC

Lana
One more stupid comment......

PVS
i must say, its quite an honor to witness professional thread hijackers at work

Alpha Centauri
Considering I made a large post, although jocular in nature, regarding the topic, I sure hope that's not directed at me.

It always makes me laugh when people moan about thread "hijackers". Are you not capable of going back on topic after going very slightly off?

-AC

Shakyamunison

RedAlertv2
Well, I am still 15, so:

13 - Start playing guitar, so I could get two years more experience.

Bicnarok
The lottery thing seem the best IMO

Imaginary
I'm 13 blink Guess that doesn't leave me with much. At 10 I'd tell myself to stop being a complete and utter tryhard.

Syren
Considering I made a large post, although jocular in nature, regarding the topic, I sure hope that's not directed at me.

It always makes me laugh when people moan about thread "hijackers". Are you not capable of going back on topic after going very slightly off?

-AC

laughing out loud For the record, I'm pleased you and Lana decided to have your little conversation... I'm always entertained when you post. Sometimes insulted, but always entertained eyes

botankus
I'd be jealous; I had more fun at 21.

PVS

-AC

what amazes me even more is how certain people get so easily irritated by even the most playful and harmless ribbing. roll eyes (sarcastic) do you need a hug?

botankus
No s***! I threw in a one-sentence, intended harmless "rib" in the abortion thread, and, because of some analness, had to spend the next 3 hours defending what was nothing more than a joke to begin with!

Next time there will be no three hour responding. I'll just throw in a link to PVS's post above.

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic) Oh my gosh... I think some of you need to go back, back into your pasts. Regress and tell yourselves to shut the hell up.

PVS
i think alot of people here need hugs

Syren
Hug me eyes

PVS
hug

~Sir Mist~
Originally posted by KidRock
Tell myself how awesome I am. Then fight myself just to see how good I am.

laughing out loud

Syren
blushing

botankus
roll eyes (sarcastic) Oh my gosh... I think some of you need to go back, back into your pasts. Regress and tell yourselves to shut the hell up.

??????????????????

Well, you complement AC's hostile response yet give PVS, who made a comment against the hostile response, hugs. And you want someone to regress?

Syren
Originally posted by botankus
??????????????????

Well, you complement AC's hostile response yet give PVS, who made a comment against the hostile response, hugs. And you want someone to regress?

blink I was kidding... ninja

Hug? eyes

botankus
Oh, the irony of myself falling for what I was just criticizing....*sigh*

hug

I need a day off!

Jackie Malfoy

How about you guys?

I would warn myself about the future so to change it if it is not to my liking.JM smile

botankus
JM, would you warn yourself about certain thought processes at an earlier age?

PVS
she would go back in time to warn herself about the future which she is not sure is to her liking.......

fascinating

Lana
laughing out loud For the record, I'm pleased you and Lana decided to have your little conversation... I'm always entertained when you post. Sometimes insulted, but always entertained eyes

laughing glad that we amuse you, dear stick out tongue

The Omega
Me? I'd say NOTHING to my younger self.
I am who I am today, because of the trials and errors of my life. Change the past, and I may also miss out on some of the coolest things I've experienced...

"I'd rather regret the things that I have done, than the things I did not do."

Stealth_Knight
I'd tell myself not to try everything the Anarchist Cook Book says rolling on floor laughing

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by PVS
what amazes me even more is how certain people get so easily irritated by even the most playful and harmless ribbing. roll eyes (sarcastic) do you need a hug?

Yes, yes I do.

It's an abandonment issue thing.

-AC

Syren
Originally posted by The Omega

"I'd rather regret the things that I have done, than the things I did not do."

Damn good point yes

alcoholicpoet
To my 13 year old self I'd say "Please quit Karate" Then we'd play my Nintendo 64. To my 10 year old self I'd say "Don't join Karate" Then we'd play my Super Nintendo.

Alpha Centauri
In that case Omega...I pose a question.

Would you rather regret cheating on/with someone, OR regret that you didn't take the chance to cheat?

-AC

Syren
Aaaaha... another good point crazy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.