Redo of Anakin vs Obi-Wan Duel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediLikeToDance
*Cut to Mustafar*

Anakin: "If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."

Obi-Wan: "Only a sith deals in absoloutes." *Activates saber* "I will do what I must."

Anakin: "You will try, old friend."

Anakin then performs the leap at Obi, activating saber as he does so.

Saber fails to ignite, like it did in Episode II.

Anakin: "Not again! Obi-Wan's gonna kill me..."

*Obi slices up Anakin*

Obi-Wan: "You were the chosen one!"...blah blah...

This would have sped up the whole duel sequence and we could have walked out of the movie theatre 10 minutes faster. We all knew how it would end anyway. big grin

Besides, it would have been an awesome tribute to Episode II: Attack of the Clones. big grin

Thoughts?

Ken Kenobi
Quit whining about how it was done, you can't change it and it was great as is...except for the lightsaber mistake during the choke scene.

Ast Rofan
Thoughts? Yes I have one.

What the hell are you on?

bav
does anyone know what happened to anakin's lightsaber during the choke scene? the scene just cuts to anakin choking obi wan, then anakin kicks obi wans light saber away. obi wan use the force to get his lightsaber so he can finish anakin off, but anakin also uses the force to get his, he then blocks it.
i hope the full duel sequence is on the dvd as a deleted scene or cut scene

Aduruth
what do u mean in atoc anny's saber didnt light, what part, (the one where it gets broken by the machines? is that wat u meant?)

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by bav
does anyone know what happened to anakin's lightsaber during the choke scene? the scene just cuts to anakin choking obi wan, then anakin kicks obi wans light saber away. obi wan use the force to get his lightsaber so he can finish anakin off, but anakin also uses the force to get his, he then blocks it.
i hope the full duel sequence is on the dvd as a deleted scene or cut scene

While our attention was on Yoda/Sids other action occurs on Mustafar, this is meant to mean that both events are happening at the exact same time. So obviously cutting between the 2 duels we're going to miss some action.

Sith Master X
Originally posted by Aduruth
what do u mean in atoc anny's saber didnt light, what part, (the one where it gets broken by the machines? is that wat u meant?)

Yeah, when he's on the conveyor belt in the droid factory.

JKozzy
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Quit whining about how it was done, you can't change it and it was great as is...except for the lightsaber mistake during the choke scene. I think that it wasn't really a mistake, what I think happened is part of the duel got cut out where they had switched lightsabers, and it ended up being that way for the rest of the duel. Wasn't it said that the saber that Obi picks up after slicing up Ani is his own?

Just like how they reshot the Palp/Mace scene, and in shots Palp had Anakin's saber.

El_NINO
lol...... "*Activates Saber*"

laughing

JediLikeToDance
Whoever took this post seriously... my condolences.

This post was meant to make fun of how Anakin's line from AOTC actually could have been used here: "Not again; Obi-Wan's gonna kill me"

You guys are far too uptight about Star Wars....for crying out loud, I loved the duel. Loosen up, realize it's just a movie, and don't start bickering when I have a bit of fun. It just shows how pathetic you are, taking a movie so seriously.

smile

The Biker Scout
Originally posted by JediLikeToDance
*Cut to Mustafar*

*Obi slices up Anakin*

This would have sped up the whole duel sequence and we could have walked out of the movie theatre 10 minutes faster. We all knew how it would end anyway. big grin

Besides, it would have been an awesome tribute to Episode II: Attack of the Clones. big grin

Thoughts?

Stupidist thing I ever read..............your script is..http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/shit.gif

cool

JediLikeToDance
It wasn't meant to be a serious new script....do any of you remember Attack of the Clones... "Obi-Wan's gonna kill me"? I guess not...

You all suck for taking this seriously...

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
lmao, good read!

Stunrun

so, did you enjoy watching the game's cutscenes? hmmm? try going to the Cinemayes

vader519
JediLikeToDance, we know you were joking, but it is not funny at all. The idea was lame.

Ast Rofan
It wasn't meant to be a serious new script....do any of you remember Attack of the Clones... "Obi-Wan's gonna kill me"? I guess not...

You all suck for taking this seriously...

Maybe you should start small, maybe try a few knock knock jokes, then work your way up to bigger jokes. stick out tongue

JediLikeToDance
Originally posted by Stunrun
so, did you enjoy watching the game's cutscenes? hmmm? try going to the Cinemayes

I never played the game...

I saw the movie only once so I forgot the exact script...oh pardon me dear friend, who has undoubtedly viewed it countless times...

JediLikeToDance
Originally posted by vader519
JediLikeToDance, we know you were joking, but it is not funny at all. The idea was lame.

Maybe.

Was it really any lamer than "You're so....beautiful."

"You say that because you're in love."

"No....NO, I say that because I'm in love with YOU!!"

...I think not. smile

muserke
Originally posted by Stunrun
LMAO

JediLikeToDance
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
Maybe you should start small, maybe try a few knock knock jokes, then work your way up to bigger jokes. stick out tongue

Say whatever makes you feel better, buddy. smile

Darth_fury
why are you on this forum if u are just gonna discredit the movie mad

~ J ~
*Cut to Mustafar*

Anakin: "If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."

Obi-Wan: "Only a sith deals in absoloutes." *Activates saber* "I will do what I must."

Anakin then performs the leap at Obi, activating saber as he does so.

*Obi slices up Anakin*

Thoughts?

http://personales.ciudad.com.ar/golem85/thread%20sucks.jpg

Captain REX
Ditto.

b-dan
Whoever took this post seriously... my condolences.

This post was meant to make fun of how Anakin's line from AOTC actually could have been used here: "Not again; Obi-Wan's gonna kill me"

You guys are far too uptight about Star Wars....for crying out loud, I loved the duel. Loosen up, realize it's just a movie, and don't start bickering when I have a bit of fun. It just shows how pathetic you are, taking a movie so seriously.

smile laughing laughing

ShadowKing
The cut scene of Obi Wan holding Anakin's saber on the table in the Mustafar control room is simply poor editing of a lot of fight footage. Anakin/Vader is choking Obi-Wan who has his own familiar new Ep IV style light saber, cut to Anakin's determined face, cut back to Obi-Wan looking up at Anakin and now Anakin's saber is in Obi's hand in the same position his own saber was in just a second before, cut back and now Obi has his own saber again.

Just poor quality control on GL's part and having seen him in action (during documentaries), I could see him going, "That looks good. It happens so fast no one but the real geeky fans will notice it. It's not worth refilming a stand in shot or CGI'ing the saber."

Stefan Kojic
The Anie\Padme love talk doesn't go like that.
You're so beutifull!
It's only because I'm in love...
No,no, it's because I'm so in love with you!
So love has blinded you? blah blah blah
And as for the joke, it's OK(except his saber got sliced, not failed to activate in Ep II)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.