Quasar vs Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
Quasar vs Strange

long pig
I don't know enough about Quasar to say.

I do know that neither Strange's or Quasar's shields will protect the other from their blasts.

So I guess whoever gets the first shot, a lightspeed attack from Strange or a lightspeed attack from Quasar.

DigiMark007
I'd have to side with Quasar, only because in a split-second decision a construct will take less time than it will for Strange to work up a spell.

-DM

DarkCrawler
Since when have you been Mod? I only realized it now...Lol.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Since when have you been Mod? I only realized it now...Lol.

That seems to be the question of the day. Yesterday, though I've known for a while. There was a need and Paola asked me. More to do now, though I'm enjoying it so far.

-DM

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'd have to side with Quasar, only because in a split-second decision a construct will take less time than it will for Strange to work up a spell.

-DM

big grin

the relevance of this thread has recently increased

cool

long pig
It's possible for Quasar's blasts to go through Strange's shield, but it won't make it past being deflected by the eye.

Strange has used the eye to perry lightspeed attacks that he knew would go through his shields....evil face

snoopdogg
I thought kgkg meant Adam Strange for this fight.

long pig
Maybe he did....huh

But when's the last time anyone on this board has made a fight with Adam Strange?

snoopdogg
Well Quasar and Adam Strange would be a more logical match I think.

I dont think Quasar is on Dr. Stranges level.

long pig
He isn't, but they both have a bit of a weakness for each other's power for some reason.

Quantum blasts(supposedly, it's never been proved.) pass through magic shields like paper, and magic blasts pass through Quantum shields like paper.

But since they both have the same reaction speed and such, it's impossible to tell who can get off a blast first.

Quantum blasts go off immediately, and regular magic blasts do too.

kgkg
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Well Quasar and Adam Strange would be a more logical match I think.

I dont think Quasar is on Dr. Stranges level.
Quasar is not in strange leave

Quasar is one of the strongest Heros in marvel

He is still learning but his potentials are limitless

kgkg
level lol

long pig
Who's league is he in?
Who's his equal?

I tried reading Quasar comics to learn more about him for the tourney.....I just can't get into him.

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
Who's league is he in?
Who's his equal?

I tried reading Quasar comics to learn more about him for the tourney.....I just can't get into him.

it can vary i think..... he's been beaten by the Surfer (sorta.... Quasar wasn't fighting all out cos he didn't want to hurt him) but he's managed to hold off Galactus (hungry Galactus... i highly doubt it was full powered)

I haven't read the Galactus thing.... just going by what i've read around the KMC threads

K Von Doom
He isn't, but they both have a bit of a weakness for each other's power for some reason.

Quantum blasts(supposedly, it's never been proved.) pass through magic shields like paper.

That's what I was trying to tell everyone in the tourney eek!

jrodslam
Quasar and Magic. He cannot absorb it, he cannot resist it. Magic can bind him, magicians can even take over his mind. A bolt of magic will penetrate his force field. However, an enchanted physical object will only be as strong as the object itself would otherwise be: while his forcefield could resist an adamantium blade, the Black Knight's magical ebony blade would be able to slice through Quasar's best quantum shield like tissue. Fortunately, magicians have no control over the energies he manipulates so he should be able to slam an energy construct through a mystical shield of Seraphim, for instance.

Dark Thor
which Quasar are we talkin about? Imperial Guard or Marvel Man?

long pig
Yeah, it's never been proved, it's just a theory.....and Quasar ain't the smartest, he also thought he could control Darkforce....nope.

Also, Quasar can't amp his strength with the energy, Marvel boy could, but Quasar hasn't figured it out yet. He hasn't had the bands more than 10 years.

Imperial Gaurd Quasar is just a Colossus type guy, he mean Quasar with the Quantum bands.

Honestly, it could go either way.
But of course I lean to Strange due to the massive amount of versitility he has and his nearly unmatched experience and will power.

Scoobless
Quasar can't amp his strength with the energy, Marvel boy could, but Quasar hasn't figured it out yet. He hasn't had the bands more than 10 years.

he can.... the bio that extract was from is a little old

long pig
I just read that he doesn't know how. And it wasn't that site, it was another site.

Got any scans showing him able to amp strength?

It also says he can't breath in space and has to use the air he keeps inside his force field which lasts for only 10 minutes.

snoopdogg
Waite a minute here.

Long pig are you saying Q can only survive in space for 10 minutes?

long pig
That's what his bio says.

That's why he quantam jumps instead of flying across space, he can't breath and would die.

All the air he has is in his force field, I saw a pic of him carrying what appeared to be an oxygen tank when he wasn't able to quantam jump.

snoopdogg
And kgkg said that he would beat Hal Jordan?

long pig
I dunno.

That's the info I got here from more than one Quasar sites.

I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

snoopdogg
I actually dont know if your right or wrong.

kgkg probably knows.

long pig
From every website I've read in the past three days about Quasar, it only talks about his potential to be uber powerful.

But it seems he just isn't very impressive right now, he's a second stringer.

jrodslam
Quasar can survive in space for more than 10 min. Ive never heard of him having a limit nor seen it. Of all the Quasar comics i have, there have been times where hes in space for the entire comic, and was perfectly safe.

Without any airtanks lol.

long pig
Which Quasar comics do you have?

Was he Quantum jumping?

jrodslam
About 10 or so.

In Quasar #34, hes in space for a while before q-jumping to another location. Seemed more than 10 min.

In Quasar #36, he was in space for the duration of the comic while fighting the soul eater. he then tried to warp away, thats when Quasar q-jumped to keep up. Again seemed like way more than 10 min.

kgkg
From every website I've read in the past three days about Quasar, it only talks about his potential to be uber powerful.

But it seems he just isn't very impressive right now, he's a second stringer.
Not very impressive?

He is one of the strongest marvel heroes out there.

With simple construct he trapped Thing (just simple construct)

ScarletSpider
Marvel Boy sucked hardcore with the Q-bands, and early Quasar may have had a 10 minute spacetime cap, but if that ever was, it has since been remedied. He hangs out in the space all the time.

K Von Doom
I have the entire Quasar run and he can survive out in space for more than ten minutes. Although I have seen him wear that oxygen mask.

long pig
So basically, he can stay in space with only the amount of air he has in his force field.
At most, what? 30 minutes?

Interesting.........

Can anyone verify that he can amp his strength?
It clearly says he can't, that's one of the drawbacks of his inexperience.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.