Toy question: Is this the first time...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kremzike
I asked this on another forum, but i'll ask you all here in case you can answer it as well. Tonight I bought this at a Target here in Maryland:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1883/34640pt.th.jpg

is this the first time they've offered the Tantive IV/Rebel Blockade Runner in toy form? I can't recall seeing one before, but I may be wrong. There are (at least) three of these vehicle/playset pieces out now: this one, the Invisible Hand, and the Clone Turbo Tank. My Target had one of these and 3 Invisible Hands. If you're old like me and you remember the old He-Man Slime Pit, this is kinda like a Star Wars version. It comes with red lava to be poured from the top of the open playset that I imagine is very similar to that old slime... but i'll never know because i'm not opening this. And, yes, the mini Anakin figure has a green saber. I don't know why they messed that up.

But yeah. The original question: is this the first time this ship has been made into a toy?

Echuu
err... they have the Tantive IV for legos and I think some small scale model type stuff.

Jedi Priestess
OH MY GOD!! Kremzike started a thread!!!!!!! faintthud wink

and I have no idea.

kremzike
I think i've started 3 in my time. I'll have to check my profile. smile

A guy at MF just told me about the Lego one, as well as a Micro machines one (that I now seem to recall) and a Hasbro Collector Fleet one. But out of all, this is by far the largest toy of it so far (unless someone can find another previously released).

Darth Dean
None previously released. I have both the collector's fleet and the one pictured and they are almost the same size.

OB1-adobe
What the hell is the tantive IV doing coming with slime?

kremzike
It opens up into a Mustafar duel playset, and the red slime is lava you can have running down it. Look in the lower left of the photo. That's also why it comes with mini figures of Obi-Wan, Anakin & Palpatine as well as Palpatine's shuttle.

b-dan
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
OH MY GOD!! Kremzike started a thread!!!!!!! faintthud wink

and I have no idea. lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.