Audioslave - 'Out of Exile'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Shit, dogg...I ain't no rocker, but this album is off-the-freakin' hook! Every song on the album would blow the socks of most bands...

Like I said, I ain't no head-banger, but you can't help but wanna party hardy when you hear these tunes...And you thought Guns N Roses was good for air guitar!

I'm not sure of their history, but I'm feeling a little Rage Against The Machine in there and they've got an early Chilis ear for a tune...

If you haven't heard Doesn't Remind Me, do so now! You god-damn fool! Also, Dandelion is fook'd!

Anyone else down? Any other rock bands like this? Tell me, dudes...

Ken Kenobi
Strangely, the 2 songs you mentioned, Doesn't Remind Me and Dandelion, are the ones I listen to the most off of the Out of Exile album.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Strangely, the 2 songs you mentioned, Doesn't Remind Me and Dandelion, are the ones I listen to the most off of the Out of Exile album.

Strangely, they are top tunes...so why is it strange? Have you been into them for a while? I only heard the album last week...It's all I ever play at the moment.

RagnaViper
You're Rage against the Machine "feeling" would be correct.

Audioslave is basically RATM minus Zach de la Rocha plus Chris Cornell (vocals) from Soundgarden.

Personally, I'm not too fond of the collaboration. I don't think Tom Morello from RATM works too well with Chris. But hey, that's just me.

Sadako of Girth
Well Ya Krunk'd Floo, If you like this album, then check out their first album... Absolutely kick ass... I still prefer it to the latest...

Might wanna check out some Led Zeppelin, Faith No More, and Soundgarden too... Sounds like you've already checked out some RATM.... Great stuff.... yes

Lana
I'm pretty sure there's a thread on this somewhere already....but I can't be bothered to look for it stick out tongue

I love Audioslave, and I really love this album. I was wary about it, because I'm such a huge fan of Rage Against the Machine, but now it's very obvious that RATM and Audioslave are two totally different things.

Be Yourself and Doesn't Remind Me are probably my favorite songs on that album.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Strangely, they are top tunes...so why is it strange? Have you been into them for a while? I only heard the album last week...It's all I ever play at the moment.

I, like Lana, was wary about Audioslave when they first joined up. I gave a few of the songs a try and I absolutely enjoy the music. I would say the first album is better, but the new album has a different sound than the first. Go give the first a listen and tell us what you think.

Alpha Centauri
Audioslave are incredible.

Amazing band.

-AC

Darth Revan
I didn't used to like them too much, but one day I was listening to their first album and suddenly I just "got it". They are truly the definition of a great band. They have no bad songs.

tabby999
i haven't got their first cd, but i got Out of Exile a few weeks ago when i got a magazine subscription, its pretty good, there are a few times where they sound like their gonna hit a serious groove but then just miss it. they are good, its undeniable they're a good band, i just dont think they are the super power in music they claim to be from time to time

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
I would say the first album is better, but the new album has a different sound than the first. Go give the first a listen and tell us what you think.

I'm listening to the first album now, and I would have to say that they're my new favorite band...I was going through a strictly hip-hop diet for a good couple of months, as a result of not finding any decent tuneage, but now I'm ready to RAWK!

On a side note, I'm getting the feeling that these dudes are surfers...

Alpha Centauri
What the...

What makes you think they're surfers? Genuine question.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I remember a couple of lines in an Out Of Exile song that made me think..."Aha! A fellow surfer!"...I guess I could also mention the artwork on the album cover, but I think that would be a little trite and tenuous.

Darth Revan
None of them surf, as far as I'm aware. They WERE in Rage and Soundgarden, two of the least surfer-ish bands in existence. erm

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Many surfers listen to Rage Against The Machine for a pre-pump up. 'Surf' music isn't limited to acoustic campfire tunes a la Jack Johnson and Donovan Frankreiter. Think of Sublime, Pearl Jam and the Chillis...they rock and most of their band members surf. Eddie Vedder can hold his own with some of the pros...

Victor Von Doom
Though surely there is a difference between surfers and surf music.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think you're missing my point.

Victor Von Doom
That would be an incorrect thought.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm saying surfers listen a wide spectrum of music. I'm also saying that surfers are part of bands with varying styles - Jack Johnson, Sublime, Pearl Jam, etc. Therefore, Darth Raven saying that Rage and Soundgarden are 'two of the least surfer-ish bands in existence' is patently false as any band could be made up of surfers.

I understand that you are saying there is a difference between 'surfers' and 'surf music', but 'surf music' is basically a misconception created by the marketeers to add a little of that 'surf-style-finesse' to their product.

Real surf music is any music because surfers listen to all kinds.

yerssot
darnit, they have only so far released one song here which failed miserably so I can't hear their other songs sad

Lana
That sucks, Out of Exile is an excellent CD.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by yerssot
darnit, they have only so far released one song here which failed miserably so I can't hear their other songs sad

Say hello to the bird on the wire, but drop the bird and pick up a specific kind of citrus fruit...Then, you can enjoy!

Victor Von Doom
I'm saying surfers listen a wide spectrum of music. I'm also saying that surfers are part of bands with varying styles - Jack Johnson, Sublime, Pearl Jam, etc. Therefore, Darth Raven saying that Rage and Soundgarden are 'two of the least surfer-ish bands in existence' is patently false as any band could be made up of surfers.

I understand that you are saying there is a difference between 'surfers' and 'surf music', but 'surf music' is basically a misconception created by the marketeers to add a little of that 'surf-style-finesse' to their product.

Real surf music is any music because surfers listen to all kinds.

Yes...returning to my original point: there is a difference between surfers ('surfers listen to all kinds') and surf music (the music marketed as surf music).

I didn't dispute or refute any point you made.

Yerssot: I'm sure you can buy the album unless 'here' is the moon, or Antarctica.

RedAlertv2
I just got ahold of the album and Im in the process of listening to it. what I have heard so far is good

RedAlertv2
Just listened to the whole album. Its definitely cool.

supernovadragon
great album
thats all i can say

Imaginary
I've only heard Be Yourself, but that definitely rates thumb up

Ya Krunk'd Floo
'Your Time Has Come' is such a rockin' song it's positively capsized.

RedAlertv2
'Your Time Has Come' is such a rockin' song it's positively capsized.

cool song ^. I also like the songs Dandelion and Doesnt Remind Me. Good easy-listen stuff

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.