The Official BLEACH series Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Big_Daddy2
Since no ones put up a Bleach Discussion thread, I figured why not, it's a good series with a lot of strong background details regardings the series Characters, both from Ichigo's world and Soul Society.

If you haven't seen the series, to sum it up, it's basically about this 15 year old boy who has always had this sixth sense...he can sense those in the spirit world parallel to his own. Along comes a Soul Slayer...a hunter who frees souls that are left on our plain of existence...those souls who remain on this earth, are either wanderers or become Soul Eaters. A Soul slayer hunts these eaters, destroying them once the souls that remain on this earth become tainted. Ichigo learns of this after his family is attacked and Rukia introduces herself while trying to save him. She senses his ability and passes on her powers to aid him, and the rest is history.

http://www.zonanime.com/anime/bleach/intro.gif
http://www.pspcrazy.com/images/shuei_bleach.jpg

Currently, Bleach has 43 eps out, the latest this week called "The Despicable Shinigami".

DarkRiku13
finally a bleach thread! I never thought of making one and it's about time one shows up! Now i've read the first 3 mangas, and i think my favorite guy is Quincy Archer. Do you think you could hook me up with a character bio of each guy? the main guys of course.

jnr hiphop
Originally posted by Big_Daddy2
Since no ones put up a Bleach Discussion thread, I figured why not, it's a good series with a lot of strong background details regardings the series Characters, both from Ichigo's world and Soul Society.

If you haven't seen the series, to sum it up, it's basically about this 15 year old boy who has always had this sixth sense...he can sense those in the spirit world parallel to his own. Along comes a Soul Slayer...a hunter who frees souls that are left on our plain of existence...those souls who remain on this earth, are either wanderers or become Soul Eaters. A Soul slayer hunts these eaters, destroying them once the souls that remain on this earth become tainted. Ichigo learns of this after his family is attacked and Rukia introduces herself while trying to save him. She senses his ability and passes on her powers to aid him, and the rest is history.

http://www.zonanime.com/anime/bleach/intro.gif
http://www.pspcrazy.com/images/shuei_bleach.jpg

Currently, Bleach has 43 eps out, the latest this week called "The Despicable Shinigami".
Lots of people have been talking about bleach, and I finally found out what it's about. Sounds pretty good. Aren't the series finished yet? I only get boxsets (the whole series) when I purchase anime.

Big_Daddy2
Originally posted by DarkRiku13
finally a bleach thread! I never thought of making one and it's about time one shows up! Now i've read the first 3 mangas, and i think my favorite guy is Quincy Archer. Do you think you could hook me up with a character bio of each guy? the main guys of course.

From what I heard, the creators of Naruto developed Bleach. I don't read the mangas, but I understand they do a good enough job artistically producing this anime that it's basically like reading the manga, so, it's either read the manga or watch the anime to some.

Anyways, you like the Quincy Archer Ishida Uryuu. I think my two favs so far is Sado Yasutora...the tall and burly guy who uses the strengths of his arms and fists. cool and Shiba Ganjuu...lmao...this cracks me up so much in the series. He's hilarious to watch, and he's so dam tricksy, I think he's there more or less for comedy relief sometimes.

Um, I don't know if I can give you a brief bio of each of the main characters. That would take some time to explain and im at work right now so I can't risk typing lol stick out tongue

Originally posted by jnr hiphop
Lots of people have been talking about bleach, and I finally found out what it's about. Sounds pretty good. Aren't the series finished yet? I only get boxsets (the whole series) when I purchase anime.

There are 200 pages in 17 Volumes, for those of you manga readers. Whatever that translates to in terms of each particular anime episode I have no clue. Currently, there are 44 episodes of Bleach anime.

P.S:
In the very first post of this thread I stated that Kuchiki Rukia was a Soul Slayer, she is in fact a "Death God". A Soul Reaper and member of Soul Society. I got mixed up.

Big_Daddy2
Well, I watched eps 44 "Ishida, Power of Limits!"

It was pretty good, we finally got to see Ishida's full potential as a Quincy. I am a little dissappointed regardinghis glove and the fact that Ishida will lose his powers after a while for taking it off. Ah well...after fighting this battle which was incredible, he'll have to face yet another Capt. poor guy.! stick out tongue

What the hell...when is Ichigo coming back? mad

Big_Daddy2
It's taken two eps, until last weeks where we get to see Ichigo begin his first day of training. It's actually pretty cool...Ichigo and Yoruichi Shihouin begin their first day of Ichigo's 3 day training to learn his flash step so he can fight the 6th Divisions Kuchiki Byakuya. So...what does Yoruichi do, she calls forth Ichigo's Soul Slayer, Zangetsu, so that Ichigo can find his second form of his sword. But while finding his second form, he has to fight Zangetsu.

And then there was this weeks. They completely left Ichigo and decided to do a flashback episode on Abarai Renji (Co-Captain of 6th Division) and his friend, Rukia. And how they met Kira Izuru (Co-Captain of the 3rd Division), and Hinamori Momo (Co-Captain of 5th Division). It was an alright episode, kinda slow, and uneventful. The cool part was Hinamori's relationship with a Hitsugaya Toushirou. He's very young, and is the 10th division captain. Out of all the captains, I wouldn't mind seeing how he fights. cool

TheQuincy
Hey in which episode does Quincy archer first appear?

Big_Daddy2
Quincy archer? Are you talking about the bow that he uses, if so, I think that's right around eps 22. Right around the time he first wears that weird looking white outfit of his before Ichigo and the rest enter Soul Society. I'm mostly guessing because it's been awhile, but I think it's somewhere in the middle of the series. Hopefully I answered your question.

On another note, I hope this weeks show has more action to it, at least, or Ichigo figures out what the second form of Zangetsu will be.

TheQuincy
Watched alot of episodes, read alot of the manga. Now I'm not as far into it as you are, but that's too bad for me. Uryu Ishida is clearly the best. Followed closely by Chad then Rukia, Ichigo and orihime.

TheQuincy
best line in bleach : "My Name Is Uryu Ishida. And I...Hate Soul Reapers"

Big_Daddy2
Ok, now, i'm gonna keep this to the immediate team that travelled with Yoruichi (the Cat). I'd break down who among the Captains and Sub-Captains of Soul Society I think would actually do some major damage, but lets face it people....that'd take way tooo much time big grin

Theres:
Orihime
Chad
Ichigo
Ishida
Yoruichi

In terms of best, I dunno about Ishida owning everyone...

I mean, skill wise he's a long range fighter and so far hasn't shown any other powers regarding spell uses against the Soul Eaters. It seems his powers derange from his bow. He's fast and accurate, and possesses great strength, but not in the body's physical sense. I don't believe he'd last very long in a direct clash with somebody like Kurosaki Ichigo. Not in a long shot, his attacks are too vicious, and I don't think Ishida's been as battle hardened as Ichigo is in the physical sense of speaking. So far, Ichigo's skill rests primarily with his sword attacks. In distance, if Ishida attacked Ichigo in his current state, there might be a stalemate.

Now in terms of strength. Chad takes the cake. I'm absolutely positive he'd hand a major whooping to anyone who fought without the use of weapons. He's a barbarian in the traditional sense, charges head first into the action with nothing but his fists and that strange arm of his. Ichigo would be able to counter, but i've a feeling he wouldn't last. Ishida, probably the same thing.

Orihime...well, she's a team player. She's the healer, and protector, and she does knows martial arts. But she's not very strong physically, and hasn't really mastered her new found spirit fighters or what ever her head piece is. So it's kind of hard to gage her usefulness given she's a bit of a simpleton. She's definitely a supporter.

There's also Yoruichi, the black cat. Since you've not seen the latest eps I can't say anything without spoiling the details, but it would definitely whoop everyone without breakin' a sweat lol.

TheQuincy
Oh yeah without a doubt Chad is the strongest. He pretty much annihalted squad 11 by himself. In terms of who I believe is the best fighter among the group, my estimation would go like this.

1. Yoruichi - Always thought that this cat would be able to whoop EVERYONE'S ass. Like Yoda.

2. Ichigo Kurosaki- Pretty Much cause he's themain character.

3. uryu Ishida- Not just being a fan-boy about it. In his fight with the fat soul reaper, he was extremely fast. Plus the fact that he shot about 17 Arrows at one time.

4. Chad- Right Arm Of The Giant. It speaks for itself.

5. Orihime- We'll she can heal people. And protect everyone. Hopefully we will be able to see her powers on full-blast.

Big_Daddy2
That fight was Ishidas first encounter with a Death God. Where are you now in the series Quincy? I haven't seen eps 48 yet, can't wait to get home from practice.

TheQuincy
episode 30...32 maybe?

TheQuincy
Yoruichi....WOWZA!

Big_Daddy2
Yep, Yoruichi is pretty sweet looking, Poor Ichigo lol wink "AHHH....what are you doing?.......Put some clothes on!!!!" laughing

Caught eps 48 last night, my initial thoughts:
The Battle between the 10th Division Captain Hitsugaya Toushirou and the 3rd Division Captain Ichimaru Gin was fast and intense. Gin was nowhere near as powerful as i'm sure he could've been even though Toushiro definitely went all out. I'm sure he was holding back which kind of annoyed me, I kept thinkin oh yeah, he's gonna be the annoying bad guy that won't die and keeps coming back like Orochimaru from Naruto and Naruku from Inu Yasha. The fight was all around good.

Reiji coming out of nowhere was a bit of a surprise, but im glad he came to at least offer support to Ichigo as he trains. But I sense a dramatic ending coming soon in the next few eps. Rukias been sentenced to death early, and everyones captured as it is...so Ichigo's one last stand is coming up along with this whole capturing of the sacred weapon caper.

TheQuincy
dude check out this wallpaper. IT's hilarious for Bleach fans

Big_Daddy2
Nice...i've got it set as my desktop lol

Silently waiting for the next eps to come out....although i'm pretty sure it's gonna be another slow show.

TheQuincy
so number 49 is out. Just not subtitled. I'm anxiously awaiting to see it.

TwisterGameX
I just downloaded, like 27 eps of bleach, with my fast cable modem. Now i got to watch it. i watched a few, and it was good so far.

ayjay
watched ep 49.... Not much action....another flash back...although i'd say it is an important episode in understanding Rukia's reasons for not wanting to be saved....

BLEACH IS KOOL!!

ps...did anyone else find it kinda disturbing that Yoruichi is HOT, but have been picturing her as a man this whole time >__<

Big_Daddy2
I'd read that had I actually watched this weeks episode sad

Man, if I wasn't working right now. I'll comment later tonight or tomorrow.

TheQuincy
have they been subtitled? Who are your favorite characters? clearly u know mine.

Big_Daddy2
Ya, they're subtitled...wish I knew Japanese, I wouldn't have to sit and read while watching.

As per my favorites, Currently:

I always appreciated Chad as strong character, thoughtful, tough, he's the perfect candidate to save others and fight till the end.

My favorite Captain is definitely the 10th Division Captain Hitsugaya Toushirou....so much capability, proud, and so far has the coolest technique.

My favorite Sub Captain is Abarai Renji from the 6th Division. He's had an interesting storyline so far, and he reminds a lot of Ichigo.

TheQuincy
Yeah that's true, Hitsugaya is pretty nasty^. Probably one of the BEST characters without a doubt is....Yoruichi!

ayjay
my fav captain is also Hitsugaya...he seems very mature for his age, and he has kool hair. ^_^

of the 'main' characters....i'd say ishida is the koolest....although i like inoue too...cos she so diitsy.....but i hope they'll let her unleash uberly powerful stuff with that lil fairy guy....dat'd be hectic

Big_Daddy2
Ya, that's been my concern for some time....out of all the characters thus far, Inoue is the least developed. I'm waiting to see what her powers are capable of doing.

Anyone catch Eps 50 this week?

ayjay
naah havnt watched it yet...gonna dl it 2nite...^^

you rekon the #1 captain (that old dude) will have some awesome soul slayer?

Big_Daddy2
Eps 50 may as well have been more filler garbage...they strayed from the main story line again to do a little cameo on Kon....don't get me wrong, I like the little stuffy Bear, but that was a rediculous eps.

As for the Old Man, the first Capn. Hard to say what he's capable of, there were a few other Capn's I wouldn't mind seeing what there battle abilities are. For instance, the guy in the hat.

ayjay
guy in the hat? Is that the guy with the basket on his head?

yeaah..ep 50 was gay....still witing for 51 to be subbed...but apprently episode 52 is like a 40 min special or sumtin..that should be koool

i wanna see ichigo reach bankai >__<

Big_Daddy2
Saw eps 51....Lotta stuff happened, finally...

Highlight for Spoilers:

Komamura Sajin wears the helmet, not sure why, but wow, his sword Tenken has a powerful blast of an attack. Not to mention the Capn. Tousen Kaname has got a distructive attack...Suzumushi Form 2: Benihikou, a raining shower of metal blades.

Glad to see the Gang out of their prison blues and running about again wink Kind of of shocked Zaraki Kenpachi is helping them, but still cool nonetheless, and he's soooo gonna open up a can on Komamura and Tenken.

Rukias started march down death row. Wonder how next weeks eps is going to go.

Lord Ryugen
I just watched Abari's and Rukia's flashback after Ichigo beats him, erm episode 32 I think, I have to admit I'm really enjoying the series. I'm trying to get the manga as well.

Big_Daddy2
www.bleach7.com is an excellent source for all things Bleach, especially Manga scans.

I've been away from my comp for about 5 days because of the long weekend for our Canadian thanksgiving. Last weeks eps of Bleach is a 1hr special, Eps 52 - 53. Apparently there's no new eps this week. Ah well...i've got a tonne of other stuff to tide me over till next week. I'll post my thoughts on last weeks eps after I get around to watching it tonight or tomorrow.

Lord Ryugen
Just reached ep 40, Ichigo vs Kenpachi was nuts.

Big_Daddy2
Eps 54 this week...can't wait. Some spoilerish stuff I have thoughts on...Highlight to read.

Keep in mind i've never read the manga, so if my theory is off, I don't need to know any correct details...lol.

I hope Ichigo attains his Bankai, and saves the day. Although, I have a really strong feeling that Ichimaru Gin(sp?) will try to take the "spear of a 1000 swords" or whatever it's called, the weapon that'll be used to execute Rukia. When it's time to perform the execution, I think when the weapon itself is activated Gin will intervene, and take it. Fighting the other captains and defeating them. Saving Rukia...or so we think. Ichigo after his training is complete, arrives just in time with Yoruichi and his Bankai ready to do damage, and saves Rukia as Gin try's to kill her. The other captains may not be dead, but severely hurt.

It's a wild theory, but i've got a bet riding with a friend stick out tongue

batmandaman
episode 54 was prolly the best episode i have ever seen. holy crap, Ichigo looked so freaking bad, and how he took out three vice captians w/out the use of his soul slayer. good lord it was amazing. i can't wait for next week when he finally fights Byakuya Kuchiki. that fight is gonna be awesome, and we (hopefully) will get to see his bankai.

Big_Daddy2
Well...obviously i'm not a psychic...and I can't make a decent prediction to save my life wink With that said...I lost the bet!

Moving on...Eps 54 was insane. Finally....a conclusion of sorts.

It seems like an eternity since there was any hard action, since Ichigo and Chad and everyone elses arrived in Soul Society. The band aid and bandages on Ichigo was pretty humorous, all banged up, straight from his trainig...I wonder if he achieved bankai?

Ya, kicking the crap out of the vice captains with his bare hands was awesome...he's gotten way faster. I wonder how well he'll do in his fight with Kuchiki this week.

Big_Daddy2
Taken from bleach7.com,

In a recent roundtable at a University in Vienna, Austria; Studio Pierrot confirmed that they are in the process of making a Bleach Movie. Not much is known, but expect the movie to release in the Summer of next year. Click here for the full article.

A BLEACH MOVIE...A Bleach Movie...I think i'm gonna let that sink in for a while and maybe i'll get over the shock eek!

ayjay
watched ep 55...awww shieeee..it was koool

it was really kool to see #1 captain's shikai in animation....

ah yeah! bleach movie sounds koool...and with the tech they hav, the fights should be awesome.

funkydinosaur
Hey hey people! Newbie here, but i jus got introduced to Bleach and in seconds I was on ebay looking for somin Bleach like2 buy! Jus somin does any1 know how often episodes get released? P.s DAMN Yurichi (is dat how u spell it) is one fit cat!!

funkydinosaur
shifty

Hit_and_Miss
I just watched eps 1 and 2... so I haven't read though the rest of this thread...(don't wana get it spoiled...)

Seems like a interesting series!!! I like the whole concept behind the death god...

Big_Daddy2
Ya it's probably best you don't read the rest of this thread until you're caught up with the rest of the seasons...i've tried to keep it relatively spoiler free...but you know what they say about curiousity and the cat...it turned into Yoruichi! Ahahaha....ah, I crack myself up sometimes big grin

Wow...I just realised it's been a while since i've posted. Lots of major events have happened in the Bleach world. It would appear Byakuya and Ichigo will finally release their Bankai's . Exciting times ahead, can't wait to see this weeks eps from TV Tokyo.

TheQuincy
Heavenly Chain cutting the moon kicks absolute ass.

Hit_and_Miss
Ok i've seen all 58 now...

Hes quite kick ass really! does anyone read the manga?? I was hoping someone could explain an area to me.... question in the spoiler..

I've read that aparently Ichigo's dad was a death god.. and was the first to have a human child...Ichi... and this is where his powers come form... Can anyone give me more info on the area, or give me a paragraph or 2 explaining the area??

Big_Daddy2
Can't wait for this eps 59 this week...more ban kai action and it looks like Zaraki Kenpachi and Yachiru will have another extended background story. It's sure to be pleasant.

Highlight to read response to Hit and Miss:
Ichigo's father....isn't he the crazy perverted doctor guy?? If that's the case then dam...Poor Ichigo big grin . I read something opposite to that on Bleach 7's website, under the biographies section for Ichigo here's a sentence regarding his powers..."Theories wise, it is a distinct possibility that Ichigo, as well as the rest of the Kurosaki children, inherited this ability from their mother."

Hit_and_Miss
wow ichis hollow owned....

I wana see ichi fight the old man now.. I'm gonner presume the old man rips through the 2 duel wielders....

Lord Ryugen
Waiting for ep 59 right now, man Ichigo's Ban-kai kicks some ass. I'm also downloading the manga right now, up to volume four. I'd buy it but it ain't in stock so no choice but do what I'm doing.

KingDubya
I've recently bought mangas 1 & 2, and I'm hooked! The series is awesome, and I heard its coming to America through Cartoon Network (probably on Adult Swim) soon, maybe by Dec. or Jan! Of course, dubbed is never as good as subtitled, but its exciting nonetheless.

Also, as a little bit of miscellaneous info, one of my friends and I have set to designing on paper what we would like as our Zanpaku-tos if we were Soul Reapers (theme of mine: black flames).

Lord Ryugen
Bleach is going to Cartoon Network!!! Ah man that sucks, they'll kill it, they'll kill it just like they've killed every other anime they got a hold of. Naw man...this is terrible, Bleach is gonna be torn apart by CN, god that 's the worst news I've heard all week.

Big_Daddy2
Hmm...guess that's what happens when a show gets popular.

New TV Tokyo episode this week called "You've all been waiting for this for a long time." It's already been subtitled, nice.

DarkDethbringer
what is Bleach about? I wanna see/read it it looks pretty cool I kinda wana know what it is aboot though

Hit_and_Miss
Bleach is about a 15yr old boy who has always had the ability to see ghost... One day he helps a ghost out who is attacked by a hollow (evil ghost)... In the process he runs into a "death god"... In the process of saving his family from a hollow he gains the powers of a death god...
And the rest is just "bankai"....

Big_Daddy2
lol...nicely put.

Did you catch last weeks eps? (highlight to read)

I'm thinkin' Aizen's cold analystic way of speaking is starting to get annoying...I'm kinda cheezed the entire eps was practically Aizen talking. From what I understood...he used Renji, Hinamori and that other guy. Then he had known that Urahara would run away with a lifeless body, so he can place Rukia's soul inside that was a soul that had the ability to cross between the soul/hollow threshold...thus allowing the hollow to temporarily take over one's body transferring an incredible amount of reiatsu. Which was the end Result of Ichigo's powers in Soul Society, because Rukia transferred her power to him. Or some dam thing. I'm gonna have to watch it again I think...

Hit_and_Miss
its all just a little confusing to me... I don't think all of ichis powers came from that... but I think hes going to hollow out in the next couple of eps and woop that aizen... then you will get the OMH YOU HAVE HOLLOW POWERS line...

and ichi will be like ....huh??? doesn't everyone else....

KingDubya
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
Ok i've seen all 58 now...

Hes quite kick ass really! does anyone read the manga?? I was hoping someone could explain an area to me.... question in the spoiler..

I've read that aparently Ichigo's dad was a death god.. and was the first to have a human child...Ichi... and this is where his powers come form... Can anyone give me more info on the area, or give me a paragraph or 2 explaining the area??
Originally posted by Big_Daddy2
Can't wait for this eps 59 this week...more ban kai action and it looks like Zaraki Kenpachi and Yachiru will have another extended background story. It's sure to be pleasant.

Highlight to read response to Hit and Miss:
Ichigo's father....isn't he the crazy perverted doctor guy?? If that's the case then dam...Poor Ichigo big grin . I read something opposite to that on Bleach 7's website, under the biographies section for Ichigo here's a sentence regarding his powers..."Theories wise, it is a distinct possibility that Ichigo, as well as the rest of the Kurosaki children, inherited this ability from their mother."
I agree with Big_Daddy2.

(this is only a slight spoiler)
If you think about the series of events leading to his mother's death, it seems obvious that she could see ghosts/hollows, which is why she pushed Ichigo out of the way of Grand Fisher's attack. Therefore, it seems reasonable enough that the children can see ghosts but their father can't.

PS - Great site I heard about: www.bleachportal.net. Includes downloadable files for mangas and episodes and plenty of information on characters, organizations, and items (such as the different forms of the zanpaku-to seen throughout the entirety of Bleach)

Hit_and_Miss
go check up on ichis father... most of the websites i've seen have listed him as a CAPTAIN lvl deathgod....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isshin_Kurosaki

KingDubya
See, that's Wikipedia you're using as a source. That site relies on user input. If you can list another, preferrably reliable, source, that might end this argument-of-sorts.

Takiko_4ever
don't know anything about Bleach but i heard it was good!

funkydinosaur
People, remember the beginning of the anime (jus rewatched da series!)

Ichi's dad cudn't c da ghosts, he didn't believe da kids an he tort it was

cos dey were being mean an cos dey were teenages ( laughing love his

expressions). So I don't c how Ichi's dad cud b a death god unless he

died in soul society, came bac to this world (remember its a continues

loop) an lost al his powers an THEN had Ichi! Anyone wanna shed some

light on dis? Happy Dance

Lord Ryugen
There's a possibility that Isshin was a subordinate or friend of Urahara Kiskue, who helped him escape. It would help to explain why all of his children are mediums.

thanatos_hero
Wow, a BLEACH discussion thread! I recently got into BLEACH when a friend refered me to it, and I love the plot. I've only read several issues of the Manga, and I've only seen one episode, but it's my favorite manga.

QuincE
Yes it is an excellent show. After all, I'm decked out in Ishida apparel, with sig and avvy.

QuincE
who would win in a fight? Ichimaru or Byakuya?

Lord Ryugen
Until we see Gin's Bankai it's impossible to tell.

QuincE
Yeah i was going to add that. But perhaps bankai aside?

And I'm going to have to ask an IMPOSSIBLE question.

Who's your favorite BLEACH girl?

Ya got Orihime, Matsumoto, Yoruichi, Soi Fong, and the list goes on and on!

Lord Ryugen
That is indeed impossible, so many to choose from

QuincE
Lately i've liked Soi Fong.

Lord Ryugen
Soi's cool, but strangely I like Hinamori Momo better.

Lord Ryugen
Sorry for the d.p. but I can't edit now.

Just watched the latest Bleach. New outro so wonderfully random I couldn't stop laughing. laughing

QuincE
Episode 65 was interesting. It has definitely however, raised alot more questions. I'd like to post info, but I don't know how to make spoiler tags. Anyone know?

Lord Ryugen
hmm I think it's this/

EDIT: damm didn't work. Looks like I forgot.

Lord Ryugen
Just watched episode 66, very interesting big grin

Shinobi Yukari
yay a Bleach thread! Bleach is among my top favorite anime titles. im so far behind in the anime though - my friend only gave me the first 34 episodes and my computer is too slow to download any >< but i still love re-watching what i have. Renji is my favorite ^^ and after going through all 4 pages of this thread, where are the Rinji fans? lol i do have other favorites, like Hisagi and Hitsugaya, but Renji is definately my first favorite XD

Lord Ryugen
Renji's a good character, he's in my top five favorites in the series. He's got a strong backstory and one of the most intresting Soul Slayers. Unfortunately his attitudes a bit to close to Ichigo's and he hasn't actually won any of the fights he was in which counts a little against him.

QuincE
Eh renji is ok. Specifically Bankai Renji

1. Ishida Uryuu
2. Ichimaru Gin
3. Ukitake
4. Byakuya Kuchiki
5. Matsumoto (just because.....well you know.)

Lord Ryugen
1. Hitsuyaga Toshiro (I don't know why I like him but he's damm cool)
2. Hinamori Momo (a wonderful charactor, cute, sweet and devestatingly powerful. Just what I look for in a girl big grin )
3. Kurosaki Ichigo (He's Ichigo dammit and thats reason enough)
4. Sado Yasutora (The guy's a walking tank has great backstory and is as funny as hell when he wants to be)
5. Abari Renji (Ichigo Lite, cool soul slayer, just a shame about his battle record.)

QuincE
All of my friends like Hitsuguya, which makes me dislike him. Not to mention that aizen kicks his ass in a split second

Lord Ryugen
True, but it's more along the lines of the story between Hitsuyaga and Hinamori, you can read a lot into it.
And yes Aizen did kick Hitsu's ass but let's face it he had all the advantages.

QuincE
I see that you are a fan of Hinamori. I felt it was a little...strange when she didn't die after getting stabbed in the stomach

Lord Ryugen
It's not that strange, she was down for anywhere between five to ten minutes before Unohara showed up and began healing her and Hitsuyaga. you could probably survive for a few hours if since theres no uber vital organs there, course it'd be pure agony.

Lord Ryugen
Just watched the latest episode. Interesting development's going on. big grin

QuincE
Indeed there is.......

Big_Daddy2
Caught the 1hr eps68-69. What a way to cap the story arc? I'll have to say, the unexpected twist at the end of 68 threw me off involving Urahara. Certainly explained the weird stuffed animals ending at the end of Bleach LMAO.

The bound, they sound awesome! I can't wait to see more of them in action. Oh, and the Return of Rukia....muahahaha...

Oh, and lol regarding Uryuu Ishida, all depressed that he couldn't help the group out because of his lost Quincy powers. "You have another skill we can rely on" Ichigo to Ishida. Very amusing smile

QuincE
To all my fellow Bleachers, I've written the first chapter of a fan-fic about Bleach. There is a link to it in my signature. Please give me feedback.

Lord Ryugen
Yay!! Rukia's back big grin and she's tough again. I'm very impressed with the latest story arc, they tied up a few loose ends with Ishida, linked the outro to the series and introduced a reasonably decent new set of foes. things are looking good.

QuincE
I'm most excited for the fact that we got to see my favorite bleach girl again- SOI FON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

QuincE
Just saw episode 70 Return of Rukia! Good stuff. Favorite part of the episode was when Rukia fell in love with Claude. Also when Ishida showed up to help against the bound

Lord Ryugen
Just watched 70 Hanataro showing up was great but I'm not quite sure what the series is doing with the bound, they don't seem to be effextive enimies.

QuincE
eh just excessive filler

KingDubya
Where are you guys seeing these episodes? I've wanted to see the anime since I opened up the first book of the manga.

Whiteclipse
go to youtube.com and search for bleach by episode, ex: bleach 01
pause the download for like 5mins then watch it so its not choppy from uploading big grin enjoy

melenor
anyone know where i could download the manga since i have no place around where i live to buy it and my parents think manga/anime is evil, just full of devil worship and hentai (if that how you spell the porn animething)

KingDubya
You can easily download them in .gif format at http://www.bleachportal.net/bleach/multimedia/direct_manga (these are unofficial translations, so you may find huge translation mistakes, or at least differences from the manga you find on the shelves). You can also download them in the original japanese text at http://www.bleachportal.net/bleach/multimedia/direct_raw_manga.

I just noticed that I can download the episodes from there, too (http://www.bleachportal.net/bleach/multimedia/direct_episodes. big grin

ShinobiRikari
3.5 episodes and I'm hooked. This is as bad, if not worse, than my Naruto craze phase a month ago. Same friend too......

ShinobiRikari
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am afraid, my friends, I come bearing bad news, horrible news!

Viz Media has announced that it will... -sniff- ... be licensing Bleach! I fear that Bleach will be following the same path as Naruto.... sad

QuincE
Yes we have heard such news. However, BLEACH will be airing on the Adult Swim block, so we can hope for less editing.

XxILuvVegetaxX
Originally posted by ShinobiRikari
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am afraid, my friends, I come bearing bad news, horrible news!

Viz Media has announced that it will... -sniff- ... be licensing Bleach! I fear that Bleach will be following the same path as Naruto.... sad

Me too!!! I hope that's not the case, since Inuyasha is almost over, I'm thinking that Bleach will replace that. Anyways, I'm on episode 77 of Bleach, and about to watch 78 and the ovas today, is this anime still ongoing? Or has it finally finished?

Mønkey
I like Bleach smile... But I absolutely hate the filler episodes smile

D_A_R_E
I heard that Bleach has been bought by the same company as Naruto so... I really don't think we can expect much from it. Unfortunately I think Bleach is going to end up just like Naruto. Itz sad.. it really is...

XxILuvVegetaxX
Originally posted by D_A_R_E
I heard that Bleach has been bought by the same company as Naruto so... I really don't think we can expect much from it. Unfortunately I think Bleach is going to end up just like Naruto. Itz sad.. it really is...

I dont think you can say that 100% sure. Bleach was licensed by Viz, who also have Inuyasha, so it can go either way, either on Toonami or Adult Swim.

XxILuvVegetaxX
Bleach is going to air on Adult Swim this Fall, It'll be interesting to see how the dubb will be like. I'm on episode 83, I wonder how long its going to be... but I like the series so I dont mind if its long X3

NBT
I love Bleach!!!! It's so awesome!!! Kurosaki Ichigo is awesome!!!! I'm on episode 36!

Big_Daddy2
Originally posted by XxILuvVegetaxX
is this anime still ongoing?

Yeppers. They just released eps 83 this week on TV Tokyo. This bounto arc is starting to drag something fierce....I can smell the decay of it's existence each time I turn on the series. It's developing slowly, if at all... sad At least in the regards of Filler eps, Bleach's arcs aren't as short and random as Narutos.

Big_Daddy2
There was a one hour special on TV Tokyo this week for esp 84-85.

I'm still dedicated to the anime, even though their pushing ahead with their Bounto filler arc. Orihime's useless i've come to the conclusion....what use can she really possibly serve lol. Poor girl...can't make the necessary sacrifices big grin .

Ichigo Kurosaki
She heals. And I was on episode 63 but Keiichianimeforever.com is messed up.

XxILuvVegetaxX
Same... rofl, I was very happy that this was a 1-hour release X3

Quincy Archer
Well I'm pretty sure Inoue will find some way to update her powers. I mean, basically her main ability is the healing of course, but we haven't seen everything she can do just yet. The cutting technique where she sends out that little black winged guy is a good technique i suppose, better than Rukia's "Shakahou!" Demon arts technique.

Akira99
I've seen up to episode 12 of this anime. I have to admit my feelings about it are mixed. I didn't really like the opening music but the actual ideas introduced with souls etc really caught my attention.
It seems a bit off putting that there are so many episodes. But one thing that really annoys me about this anime is the silly slapstick fighting that goes on. Like when Ichigo or Rukia kick the crap out of someone for no good reason , and when Karin his little sister who really irritates me starts kicking that huge guy Chad when hes down on the ground in pain!!! What IS THIS? I may continue watching this anime just to see what happens when Ichigo and that star pupil guy have a Hollow slaying competition and whatever happens after that but its not high in my priorities. 6.5/10 so far

Blue nocturne
I just finished chapter 235, I find it weird that Ichigo is having problems beating Grimjaw with his Ban-Kai. IMO he shouldn't have to keep using his hollow form. Out of everybody fighting he's doing the worst with his Ban-Kai.

Kurosaki Ichigo
Does the Anime episodes eventully go to the parts in the Manga?

Quincy Archer
Not yet

Big_Daddy2
Caught the latest TV Tokyo eps...

So it would appear the Quincy's powers are based on "emotions of the heart"...I guess they would have to bring back Ishida eventually...he was pretty useless there for a while.

On another note, the Bounto are getting annoying with their attack, then flee in defeat strategy...they're prolonging this story arc...

Tallis
I started watching the series two days ago and I'm already at the Bount arc. I'm loving it thus far.

also if anyone wants a good site to stream the episodes go here. It's fast easy and free

www.animeepisodes.net

Kurosaki Ichigo
Thnx! big grin

Tallis
Glad I could help out.

boobsmagee
ill check this serious out lolz, im alittle late i think but who cares, im hoping this is the next series i check out not sure tho........blah..blah.blah im bored

boobsmagee
dang not working dang.................!?!?!??!?!?! how ru all

sailormoon
What's this show about exactly? It's been bugging me that I don't know.

XxILuvVegetaxX
Plot Summary: Kurosaki Ichigo is a 15 year old boy that has an ability to see ghosts/spirits. Because of his ability, he is able to meet a female death god (a.k.a Shinigami) named Kuchiki Rukia. To save his family and friends from unwanted soul-eating spirits (Hollows), Rukia transfers her Shinigami powers to Ichigo. As Rukia takes on a human shell, together they solve mysteries involving spirits and hollows until from the spirit world comes 2 other shinigamis explaining that it is illegal to transfer Shinigami powers to humans and Rukia exceeded the time limit to stay in the human world. After they sentence her death for breaking the laws, Ichigo snaps and swears to everyone he will retrieve Rukia by breaking into the spirit world.

haha I used to see a lot of Bleach threads and always wonder about it, then one day I just decided to start watching it, it's a pretty good show I think, I just think some of the storylines drag on too long T_T;;

Kurosaki Ichigo
Same with me! And i've been Obsessed with it! big grin Obvisouly because my User_Name is the Main Characters.

Quincy Archer
Ichigo sucks.

Kurosaki Ichigo
How Dare you!! They useless Ishida hasn't been much help. Always trying to act cool. He was sprung over a Bount and got so worked up when she died. Hm! Quincy loser.

Quincy Archer
huh That was filler.

Ichigo seriously does suck.

Kurosaki Ichigo
Well Ishida seriously does suck. And i never said it wasn't a filler. I have no clue if he will or won't get his power back. Don't tell me but i know he has to control it from his heart. And if he does he can never defeat Ichigo.

Quincy Archer
Strength doesn't mean anything.

Ichigo is boring. Same stereotypical anime protagonist - the tough guy with the soft heart. How Cliche'

Fanboy.

Kurosaki Ichigo
Never said it did. I said he would own Ishida.

Ichigo is awesome. A guy who has a bow and arrow and helps at the nonetheless. He's smart and always trying to be cool. Big deal.

So. I'm not the only Fanboy. *Points to you*

Blue nocturne
Ichigo is a cool character, but his fighting tactics are lame. the fact that he has to rally on a plot device after plot device just to win makes him kinda lame in terms of fighting. he knows no kidou or hadou, He barely has any techniques with "Tensho Zangetsu" and the fact that he needs a hollow mask to beat Kuchiki buyaka, Grim jaw, and everybody else makes him annoying in battle. He never uses the full capabilities of the shinigami,rather he just goes from plot device to plot device.

boobsmagee
aka: personal opinions

Quincy Archer
Originally posted by Kurosaki Ichigo
Never said it did. I said he would own Ishida.

Ichigo is awesome. A guy who has a bow and arrow and helps at the nonetheless. He's smart and always trying to be cool. Big deal.

So. I'm not the only Fanboy. *Points to you*

Not once did I use fannboy-ism. If you actually read what I said, I never once backed up Ishida. I never said he could beat anyone, nor is he cooler than anyone else, and I never argued with you over who is the better character. To get back at my for my dislike of your "hero" you insulted Ishida. I'm expressing my disdain for Ichigo, not debating anything with you. Simpleton.

Once again I have beaten you verbally.

Kurosaki Ichigo
Another point for you.

Big_Daddy2
Ya...highlight for last weeks spoilers. It seems the Bounto arc is turning a new corner...which to me, means more action.

I don't know if any of you watched last weeks eps, but it's about time we saw some crazy Bankai action...It turns out they needed the Quincy's power to open up their portal to Soul Society and allow their bodies to be converted into Souls themselves, so they can take revenge on the ones who made them...the Shinigami wink Figures lol.

Quincy Archer
Ulquiorra owns.

silent dreams
Kuchiki Byakuya own.

Kurosaki Ichigo
Kurosaki Ichigo owns.

Quincy Archer
Originally posted by Kurosaki Ichigo
Kurosaki Ichigo owns.

Shinji is a way better Vizard

Kurosaki Ichigo
True Hirako Shinji is awesome. But i still like Kurosaki Ichigo over him.

silent dreams
hehehe I don't know who Shinji is or what a Vizard is, so I can't judge them big grin

Kurosaki Ichigo
A Vizard is a Hollow. I guess i can't really explain Shinji until you read the Mangas. But i don't read them either.

Quincy Archer
Correction:

A vizard is a Shinigami with hollow abilities. A hybrid so to speak.

Trippy
Youtube.com is a great place to watch every episode of bleach they have out right now (1-93) Im not sure if they have ep 94 uploaded yet. I would of myself but i got the whole file, not in parts. So it was to big to upload sad

Great series. Can't wait for ep 95....Byakuya vs Kariya-jin. hope its a good one and not just byakuya geting his ass kicked laughing

Kuchiki Byakuya
aww.....I think Byakuya is sweet. *cough*andhot*coughcough*

Sub_Mariner
I just watched the first episode of bleach today on advice of a friend and it has to be one of the greatest animes ever.

Quincy
You're saying that after one episode?

Quincy
Latest Manga Chapter.

Ishida's new bow kicks all asses and expectations.

Quincy
Ulquiorra appears in the anime!

Kuchiki Byakuya
Who's that? confused

InnerRise
Ok. I just watched Bleach for the first time last night. When the show came on it had 02 behind the title. So was that the second episode last night? Was it new or are they starting over and it was rerun? It looked as if it was pretty early in the series. Anyway, I like it and plan on watching it.

is it comprehensible.....

Black Adam
Originally posted by InnerRise
Ok. I just watched Bleach for the first time last night. When the show came on it had 02 behind the title. So was that the second episode last night? Was it new or are they starting over and it was rerun? It looked as if it was pretty early in the series. Anyway, I like it and plan on watching it.

just started airing in the states last week.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Black Adam
just started airing in the states last week. Oh ok, that's good. So yall must read the Manga then?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>