Which Villian Would Be Best For A Flash Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ALEMASTER
I HAVE FEW SOLOMAN GRUNDY AS A VILLIAN OR THE REVERSE FLASH

Dark Thor
professor zoom, gorilla grodd, captain boomerang...i dunno im not much of a flash person

jrodslam
Well as Flash being my favorite DC character, it all depends on who's the main Flash in the movie.

If its Barry i say the villain should be Prof Zoom or TheTop.

Wally's villain should be Grodd, or Weather Wizard imo. Zoom would be too much for him in the first movie, but would make a better villain in the sequel.

Its all about villains who could carry a movie. Grodd, Weather Wizard, Prof Zoom, Captain Cold etc.

Whirlysplatt
Zoom

nigel45
C. Cold or Grodd. Most people are going to be introduced to the Flash for the first time with this film (they may know Flash, but I'm sure they won't know his villains). If you stick Reverse Flash or Zoom in the first movie, It would just confuse people. Speed powers somehow the opposite of Flash's? Too soon to jump into that I think. A simple villain like Cold or Grodd (or any of the Rogues for that matter) would be smarter. In fact, It would be cool to have 2+ villains for this movie. It would separate it from all the other comic movies that choose the one top villain (Joker, Luthor, etc.) for the first film. Flash's villains aren't as identifiable by the general public, so it's not as easy.

DarkCrawler
Weather Wizard would make awesome movie character. He does some pretty cool things in the comics.

armandovalles
i think it should be Gorilla Grodd. Out of all of the Flash's major enemies, i think Gorilla Grodd is the most consistent.

pr1983
a walking talking gorilla might not go down well with non comic audiences though...

jrodslam
Originally posted by pr1983
a walking talking gorilla might not go down well with non comic audiences though...

Why not? Planet of the Apes anyone? Plus they could go into detail about Grobb and how hes more than just a talking ape. He has psionic powers too.

I didnt mention Trickster before because it would be too much of a comparison to Joker and or Goblin. Cold and Mr. Freeze.

His villain(s) should not be like any other comic movie villain. Thats why i say Grodd, Top, Weather Wizard, maybe even Mirror Master or Boomerang.

CorderaMitchell
I thought planet of the apes wasn't so popular...

I'd say batman!!!!

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
I thought planet of the apes wasn't so popular...

I'd say batman!!!!

of course! flash vs. batman!!! no one just wants to see the Flash anymore. however, stupid modern people will want to see the crappy Begins version of batman. then it would suck, flash would hand his @$$ to him

nigel45
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Weather Wizard would make awesome movie character. He does some pretty cool things in the comics.

He would be good too.

I really think the best departure they can make from other comic movies is having multiple villains. I mean, how cool could it be for the climax of the movie to have Flash fighting Grodd, Weather Wizard, Cold, and any number of rogues, all at the same time, in different places around Keystone. That would make the movie for me.

jacobo0o
they are coming out with a flash movie??
im on crack

Mainstream
I think he should fight at least 2 (maybe 3) here are some combos I came up with

Captain Cold and Weather wizard

Zoom and Grodd

Mirror Master and Trickster (the orginal one..but the teen one cool too)

Heat wave and Piped Piper

Reverse Flash (Professor Zoom) and Magneta or that Blacksmith laddie.

black robb
Grodd is his coolest villain so he should be in a movie

black robb
Originally posted by Mainstream
I think he should fight at least 2 (maybe 3) here are some combos I came up with

Captain Cold and Weather wizard

Zoom and Grodd

Mirror Master and Trickster (the orginal one..but the teen one cool too)

Heat wave and Piped Piper

Reverse Flash (Professor Zoom) and Magneta or that Blacksmith laddie. you forgot to use ebonics

Mainstream
Originally posted by black robb
you forgot to use ebonics

yeah...you right..

I like Zoom and Grodd the most yo cuz Zoom he fast dan Wally and gots'dat "I can make you a better hero by making you suffer and sh*t and Grodd...I mean damn who don't like like evil telepathic ape yo.

black robb
yeah...you right..

I like Zoom and Grodd the most yo cuz Zoom he fast dan Wally and gots'dat "I can make you a better hero by making you suffer and sh*t and Grodd...I mean damn who don't like like evil telepathic ape yo. much better

Mainstream
fo shizzle Zoomizzle is the fastest mizzle a-lizzle.

pr1983
Originally posted by jrodslam
Why not? Planet of the Apes anyone? Plus they could go into detail about Grobb and how hes more than just a talking ape. He has psionic powers too.

I didnt mention Trickster before because it would be too much of a comparison to Joker and or Goblin. Cold and Mr. Freeze.

His villain(s) should not be like any other comic movie villain. Thats why i say Grodd, Top, Weather Wizard, maybe even Mirror Master or Boomerang.

thats planet of the apes... it was a whole planet... in the future...

Mainstream
I like Grodd if they did him..he doesn't need to be super big...maybe 6 or 7 feet...the whole "I want to destroy humanity and have the bow to me" angel is pretty cool...maybe have him team up with Piped Piper or Murmur..or that old guy that had the Flash Cult going on. "raise you hand if you'd die for the flash storyline"

wuTa
they should have a villian like deathstroke, or deadshot, they're not really a villian to one specific superhero, they all know and face them, and they would be good for the general public/clueless flash fans.....the flash villians are kinda cheesey and corky if you bring them to the bigscreen..i mean i can see a few like maaaybe mirror master or grodd, but having grodd in it would have the risk of feeling like your watching planet of the apes like pr mentioned

Mainstream
Zoom is a most...maybe not his first movie but by his second or third.

pr1983
I like Grodd if they did him..he doesn't need to be super big...maybe 6 or 7 feet...the whole "I want to destroy humanity and have the bow to me" angel is pretty cool...maybe have him team up with Piped Piper or Murmur..or that old guy that had the Flash Cult going on. "raise you hand if you'd die for the flash storyline"

I have no problem with grodd, in fact i like him alot... its the audience that arent familiar with the flash that may not go for it imo...

Mainstream
I keep forgetting everyone don't own a ton of comics like us.

the average perons would be like "why is that f**king Ape talking"

pr1983
I keep forgetting everyone don't own a ton of comics like us.

the average perons would be like "why is that f**king Ape talking"

Yeah... especially after planet of the apes, and king kong coming out... though, if he was one of two bad guys in the movie, maybe it could work... though as a solo bad guy i dunno...

Mainstream
even in the first Flash movie he should fight two villians assuming they don't plan on using mr. Freeze again in a batman movie..Captain Cold and Grodd would work...they were old school super friends villians I think..and in the tv show Barry Allen Flash fought Cold I think.t

JediKatarn1
Both Gorilla Grodd and Zoom

Juntai
Mirror Master.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Flash's rogue's gallery was never that impressive. I'd say Cap'n Boomerang or Mirror Master.

K3VIL
Savitar would be great, not a top tier like Zoom, but still a powerful Speed Force user.

NoFate007
Grodd would never work in the movies for reasons stated above. Its too childish.

The Flash rogues, in general, seem to me to only have anything against Flash if you count PIS. Someone like Captain Boomerang shouldn't be able to hit Flash if he's truly that fast. However, here's my thoughts on some potentials, but keep in mind, they'd need some revamping so they don't come across too comedic. I think we can all agree that we don't want a Flash movie to be rated G:

#1. Zoom - This guy's the coolest Flash villain, in my opinion, by far. His ideas are a nice deviant from the norm as well. Inspire the Flash by giving him a villain for motivation.

#2. Weather Wizard - Though a hokey concept, it would allow a more global perspective of things. For a guy like the Flash, you don't want to keep him in a short space to work with. This way, you could get Flash doing things in different continents and such and some classic maneuvers, like countering a tornado.

#3. Captain Cold - Though Weather Wizard would pull off some bigger scale action sequences and such, Captain Cold is a fan favorite and would need some consideration if not just for that fact. You need to please the fans too, not just the general audience. Without those fans, you wouldn't be in this situation.

#4. Trickster - Obviously wouldn't be the grandest, most diabolical evil villain in history that is threatening the world, but he could definitely be in a film as a minor villain for some comedic relief at his insanity.

Also, a different setup is possible if you're given a trilogy to work with. The first could have someone broad and general like Weather Wizard while dealing with the introduction of the whole concept of the Flash. Second could deal with his ego getting out of control and his lighthearted attitude maximizing, so Zoom tries to motivate him into "becoming a hero again" so to speak. Third, you could go all-out and have Captain Cold lead a bunch of the rogues (Mirror Master, Trickster, Captain Boomerang) into something similar to the JLU episode where they all team up to just rid the city of the Flash.

Now, I'm definitely not claiming to be the biggest Flash fan here, but I know personally I wouldn't want to see the wrong things overplayed. Wally is definitely a more comedic and lighthearted superhero than a lot of those out there, but that doesn't mean this should be a strict comedy. When it becomes a comedy, it becomes cheesy and something that isn't as respected, and if you make a Flash film wanting to please the overall audience that simply thinks of him as "the funny looking guy in red spandex that runs real fast and fights a talking monkey and a guy with a winter coat"...well, say hello to the new Elektra.

Dr.Fate
I would pick mirror master because realistically unless they really depower the Flash for a movie he could pretty much run to the scene of the crime and capture the likes of Cold and Boomberang, but Mirror Master has all the holograms could be every where at once and really pose a challenge to the flash since he would have to use his head instead of just hos speed. I would like to see Reverse Flash/ Zoom/ Rival but that would probably raise the cost of the movie and would work better as a sequel any way when the Flash is more established. Like Venom in Spiderman 3. Gorrila Grod has cool mental powers but the fact that he is a gorrilla would make the movie laughable to most people

ThatDude55
In my opinion, the best way to bring The Flash into the modern DC cinematic film universe is to stick with his origin story.

Meaning, the villain should be Mr. Eobard Thawne. Professor Zoom. Reverse-Flash.

Barry Allen will most likely go through his origin in his own movie, so therefore he needs the classic nemesis to be his counter part in order to draw in casual movie goers. Considering in the end, most people who go to the movies are those that are interested in superhero films, or action films in general, and may not know the in-depth comicbook storyline of villains in order to enjoy the film. Gorilla Grodd is definitely a tough opponent for Barry Allen. However, if you really think about it. And put yourself in the casual movie goers shoes here. Would you want a speedster to face off against another speedster or would you want him to face a giant telepathic Gorilla?

So what comic book iteration should they take and create their own unique, yet still sticking to it's comic origin?

Flashpoint:
I am not going to say that this version of The Flash is the best for an introduction to The Flash into the cinematic DC universe.

Flashpoint in my eyes would be an incredible take on The Flash considering we already may have Barry Allen as The Flash in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as the rumor has it that Batman hacks into LexCorps computers and he sees a red blur on the screen and also in the same facility apparently LexCorps has Aquaman in a massive "water cell". If The Flash already exists in the cinematic universe, than maybe The Flash 2018 doesn't need an origin story?

Still would be awesome mainly for us comic fans... but I could see why it would begin with Barry Allen's origin. As casual movie goers of all ages would need to see how it all began. Similar to Captain America in The Avengers and what not how they showed Caps origin story in Captain America The First Avenger.

Search up the following on YouTube clips from the DC animated film "Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox";

Flash meets Thomas Wayne
Flash makes Batman cry
Flash gets his powers back

Haven't seen it? That is the Flashpoint I thought would make a fantastic film. But I would agree if someone told me to stick with the origin story and somehow add in Reverse-Flash traveling through time to kill Barry Allen and what not. Then a huge speedster fight. Both are very exciting... Can't wait to watch this DC cinematic universe expand with new films!

Henry_Pym
Mirror master imo is the guy for a movie building into a solo franchise, Zoom is the guy if they want to blow their load and do only JL movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.