Real Super powers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yahman
For all you so called Scientists out there ( Whirly and Co) cool

What Super powers could be realisticly created with Genetic Engineering and Technology.

What of the Following are Possible, and how impresive will they be. E.G. compare them to a Super heroe we know: E.G. Super strength like Cap Ammerica, Spiderman, Thing, Superman

Superhuman Strength
Super Speed
Invunerability
Super human Laser, and Eneregy atrtacks
Super Human Flight
Molecular Manipulation
Telepathy
Intangibilty
How long will we have to wait for them:

Next ten years
Next 100 years
Next 1000 years
Next 10 000 years
Over a million years (E.G. we will have to harness the Energies of Black holes and Supernovae, before we can create the Powers)

big grin big grin

armandovalles
in the next million years all those things are possible.

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by yahman
For all you so called Scientists out there ( Whirly and Co) cool

What Super powers could be realisticly created with Genetic Engineering and Technology.

What of the Following are Possible, and how impresive will they be. E.G. compare them to a Super heroe we know: E.G. Super strength like Cap Ammerica, Spiderman, Thing, Superman

Superhuman Strength
Super Speed
Invunerability
Super Human Flight
Molecular Manipulation
Telepathy
Intangibilty
How long will we have to wait for them:

Next ten years
Next 100 years
Next 1000 years
Next 10 000 years
Over a million years (E.G. we will have to harness the Energies of Black holes and Supernovae, before we can create the Powers)

big grin big grin

I don't know about the rest but I think Super Human Strength will probably be up tanned in the next 15 years.

yahman
Originally posted by armandovalles
in the next million years all those things are possible.

No the following Aren't:

F.T.L speeding
Growing to enormous heights
Shrinking to the size of atoms
Me getting a Date.

All are impossible !!!!!!!!!!

yahman
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
I don't know about the rest but I think Super Human Strength will probably be up tanned in the next 15 years.

By how much ? smile

Red Superfly
Captain America is entirely possible these days.

Whirlysplatt
Increased strength speed agility etc are all possible, however the strain put on systems to do this might well cause a burnout, cancers etc.

Superhealing is a bit like cancer you see, Cancers scientific definition is "abnormal accelerated growth".

This site answers some of your questions:

http://www.ausport.gov.au/fulltext/2000/sportsf/s121825.htm

yahman
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Increased strength speed agility etc are all possible, however the strain put on systems to do this might well cause a burnout, cancers etc.

Superhealing is a bit like cancer you see, Cancers scientific definition is "abnormal accelerated growth".

This site answers some of your questions:

http://www.ausport.gov.au/fulltext/2000/sportsf/s121825.htm

Could Nano Tech possibly be used to prevent this harm from happening?

Couldn't Nano tech give humans beings endless possibilities?

Whirlysplatt
Could Nano Tech possibly be used to prevent this harm from happening?

Couldn't Nano tech give humans beings endless possibilities?

Nano tech offers all kinds of options good thinking Yahman

Where we are nowsmile

http://www.economist.com/surveys/showsurvey.cfm?issue=20050101

DarkCrawler
What about we would transfer genes from some animal to a human fetus? Like from hummingbird? Would the human then be able to move his limbs 100 times per second?

Red Superfly
Some gene splicing of human/bird DNA could create an Archangel type human.

It's entirely possible in say the 50 years, maybe even now.

I mean, alter DNA so that the bones are hollow like a bird, giving them resistance to altitude and pressure and the body is lighter, while giving said person wings on their back.

DarkCrawler
Nice...what about people with hypnosis? Would there be anything that would increase their abilities? And is there real psionics already in the world? Or telekinetics? Or are they just hoax?

Red Superfly
It's unproven. I'm just going by what is possible based on what proof we have today.

So, things like Spider-Man could be possible through DNA alteration. Maybe not being able to manufacture webbing (the way Spider-man does it is impossible) but maybe the sticking to walls (alterring of DNA, like the Archangel idea, to make the bones lighter so that the human body is lighter). You could make the tendons and muscles more supple and elasticated like Spidey. Change his bone desity so it's both lighter and tougher. Increase metabolism in order to gain more energy, stamina, and regeneration.

There's a mutant called Forge, who's power is being an amazing genius. That's totally possible in maybe the next 100 years. It's just a case of alterring DNA to get the best brain makeup I guess.

Eye lasers are a bit rediculous and invulnerability/telekinesis/psychic is a bit far fetched.

DarkCrawler
Cool.

long pig
Superhuman endurance and superhuman oxy intake is here now.

Look at the guy who keeps winning the tour de france, they think since he had cancer and chemotherapy, it's almost 10x his endurance and made his lungs able to intake 10x more air than normal humans.

He may as well have been on extreme steroids.

yahman
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Nice...what about people with hypnosis? Would there be anything that would increase their abilities? And is there real psionics already in the world? Or telekinetics? Or are they just hoax?

There have been a lot of experiments into T.K and othe telepathic phenomenon (E.G. Remote viewing)

Verry few have given a sufficient amount of evidence to suggest that they actually exist.

Theories on how they could exist are even more scarce.

Although theories on quantuam telepotation and higher Dimensions can be used to justify them. smile

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by long pig
Superhuman endurance and superhuman oxy intake is here now.

Look at the guy who keeps winning the tour de france, they think since he had cancer and chemotherapy, it's almost 10x his endurance and made his lungs able to intake 10x more air than normal humans.

He may as well have been on extreme steroids.

Its not steroids that increase endurance LP its this stuff its called EPO and its very dangerous indeed.

http://whyfiles.org/090doping_sport/3.html

He probably would take a very weak steroid stack or growth hormone or a combination of both. The roid stack he would probably take is viramone, primabolin, (deca durobolin at times during the year) because he is looking for maximum retention (not great mass so your traditionals like Oxybolin, dianabol, Sustanon 250, Testavirone etc are out) with least fat and water retention.

Keep the faithsmile

Know your roids- Whirly rock

Freaky Zeeky
By how much ? smile

?

Originally posted by Red Superfly
It's unproven. I'm just going by what is possible based on what proof we have today.

So, things like Spider-Man could be possible through DNA alteration. Maybe not being able to manufacture webbing (the way Spider-man does it is impossible) but maybe the sticking to walls (alterring of DNA, like the Archangel idea, to make the bones lighter so that the human body is lighter). You could make the tendons and muscles more supple and elasticated like Spidey. Change his bone desity so it's both lighter and tougher. Increase metabolism in order to gain more energy, stamina, and regeneration.

There's a mutant called Forge, who's power is being an amazing genius. That's totally possible in maybe the next 100 years. It's just a case of alterring DNA to get the best brain makeup I guess.

Eye lasers are a bit rediculous and invulnerability/telekinesis/psychic is a bit far fetched.

Cool

EsteemedLeader
theoretically if we find a way to enhance the electrical signals which control our human bodies to extensive levels, contact telepathy could be possibl. but not soon, hundreds of years til then probly.

yahman
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
theoretically if we find a way to enhance the electrical signals which control our human bodies to extensive levels, contact telepathy could be possibl. but not soon, hundreds of years til then probly.

Rubbish !!!!!!!!!!! smile

DarkCrawler
What about Captain America? Would all that be possible through extreme training since birth/or genetic engineering. Or both?

yahman
What about Captain America? Would all that be possible through extreme training since birth/or genetic engineering. Or both?

G.E = Totally possible

Training since Birth = Highly unlikely and shit parents.

smile

16carlos1989
I am new but i still think that, if we as in scientists continued research, there has got to be a way to create super powers.
Anything like Gene Splicing, and if you have seen the Fantastic Four movie, how many of you reckon that the 'cosmic storm' is real? i ask this what if it is real?
we only need a few more years to complete research, and we certainly have the technology already which is spent on things like mobile phones and the latest electronics. if the technology we have is possible in making CGI's then we certainly can create superhuman powers

Jade Chihuahua
Superhuman flight, super strength and speed are possible to a certain degree, nothing nearing Spider-man or Quicksilvers abilities obviously, intangibilty or invisibilty I doubt could ever be realistically a human trait, but other things such as flight, wall-cilmbing or camoflauge could be possible with G.E.

Fishy 500
Originally posted by Jade Chihuahua
Superhuman flight, super strength and speed are possible to a certain degree, nothing nearing Spider-man or Quicksilvers abilities obviously, intangibilty or invisibilty I doubt could ever be realistically a human trait, but other things such as flight, wall-cilmbing or camoflauge could be possible with G.E.

A new Quantum state called the einstien something confused state suggest that ingangibility may be possible at extremely low temps !

Hyper Sapce tech makes anything possible (Although this will probably never exist) smile

16carlos1989
Originally posted by Jade Chihuahua

yeah to be honest, superhuman flight doesnt seem that realistically possible but i am not discarding it from the issue.
but wall climbing is possible if we think back to our ancestors and who we came from, i.e evolution, then yeah wall climbing is possible. probably through G.E though which is unethical yet a great benefit.
And still i wouldnt discard any other superhuman traits, to us anything is possible its just the means of making it possible.

if that made no sense at all just tell me

Marvelgeek
What sort of superhuman flight are walking about here? Wings? Antigravity stuff? Levitation? Cus If we say like Superman for instance doesn't really have anything physically to make him fly does he? How does he do it? It seems more like some sort of telekinisis. Propulsion of ones molecules at least seems like a reason (northstar/aurora I believe).
I'm not terribly scientific but I think at least there must be some reason for flight.

That's why Stan Lee made Thor swing his hammer when he flied. stick out tongue Cus that's the source of his flying roll eyes (sarcastic) .

Fishy 500
Originally posted by Marvelgeek
What sort of superhuman flight are walking about here? Wings? Antigravity stuff? Levitation? Cus If we say like Superman for instance doesn't really have anything physically to make him fly does he? How does he do it? It seems more like some sort of telekinisis. Propulsion of ones molecules at least seems like a reason (northstar/aurora I believe).
I'm not terribly scientific but I think at least there must be some reason for flight.

That's why Stan Lee made Thor swing his hammer when he flied. stick out tongue Cus that's the source of his flying roll eyes (sarcastic) .

I've seen that interview aswell ... he seems a bit ummm lame embarrasment

16carlos1989
I reckon that at some point in this we ought to start discussing like real superpowers like superman has, there is no reason behind him being able to fly, if anything is possible then surely it is this. if there is a scientific reason for flight then why havent we discovered it already, think of it if we discovered gravity then we can discover the reasoning behind flight.

16carlos1989
hang on i've just thought of something, what if gravity has a part to play in this?
say that we could reverse our gravitational pull, like reverse which way we go when in the air. then maybe just maybe we could technically fly. i mean there has to be a way to reverse gravity.

Marvelgeek
*says in deep booming voice* There is no Gravity.
Sorry read about Einstein recently in physics. It's all bending of the space-time continuum. stick out tongue It's just a fun fact. What we think of gravity works on a smaller scale though.

Fishy 500
Originally posted by 16carlos1989
hang on i've just thought of something, what if gravity has a part to play in this?
say that we could reverse our gravitational pull, like reverse which way we go when in the air. then maybe just maybe we could technically fly. i mean there has to be a way to reverse gravity.

Ummm in theory yess .... In practice it requires 'negative energy' and a lot of energy .... the best hope for self propelled flight is hyper dimensions ! To probe these requires planck energy .... which is greater than the entire energy out put of the Sun ! sad

soleran30
Captain America is still a bit iffy really cuz lifting that much weight would require an increase in density to handle the pressure then your increased stamina wouldn't be as effective due to the increase of mass etc etc etc....

16carlos1989
OK my idea may not work, but say it does then maybe there is ways for any other superhuman traits.

16carlos1989
take invisiblity for example, that is just the refraction of light around a certain object or person. there must be a way for that to work, say our cells in our body, say we reduce the pigment levels, or the colour of our skin, then say we could do somethin about refracting light would that work?

Mindship
At some point (assuming we don't destroy ourselves), we will evolve beyond the time of biological/genetic perfection, beyond the era of technological enhancement. Our minds/spirits will be completely free of material dependency. We will become beings of sentient energy, first quantum patterns, then archetypal force, until, at last, we become one with the Infinite, the Absolute, the Godsphere, outside of which exists nothing (indeed, we hath never truly been from it apart).

Oh, wait...what was the question?

Fishy 500
Originally posted by Mindship
At some point (assuming we don't destroy ourselves), we will evolve beyond the time of biological/genetic perfection, beyond the era of technological enhancement. Our minds/spirits will be completely free of material dependency. We will become beings of sentient energy, first quantum patterns, then archetypal force, until, at last, we become one with the Infinite, the Absolute, the Godsphere, outside of which exists nothing (indeed, we hath never truly been from it apart).

Oh, wait...what was the question?

"sentient energy'

And what my good friend is that ? smile

Mindship
Originally posted by Fishy 500
"sentient energy'

And what my good friend is that ? smile

Sentient (sapient?) energy would be the processes and patterns of thought embodied in pure energy. Instead of neurochemistry, maybe light or gravity; perhaps consciousness could even impose itself on the quantum foam: a localized region of quantum order, not chaos (although, if I grasp chaos theory correctly, underlying chaos is order). If you are inclined toward spiritual beliefs (eg, Kabbalah), then patterns of thought embodied in "sefirotic emanations:" divine energy.

If this still isn't clear, forgive me, for mine is still a mind bound by electron flows and chemicals.

Jade Chihuahua
Originally posted by Marvelgeek

I meant flight with wings and modified bone density..etc
Stan Lee also came up with the idea of mutants because he was too lazy to think up a proper origin for the X-men

NoFate007
I don't have the patience to read all of the above or the time so very quickly I'll just mention one:

Super strength - we have steroids. Same thing to an extent.

Ultimate Hulk43
Let's take the Human Torch,would there be a way for a human to combust without dying and be able to fly as well?Also,what about elasticity,is it possible as well?

16carlos1989
well if you think about it we cant combust ourselves without dying, so basically we have a flameproof suit or something of the sort on and then we cover ourselves in flame, and i havent thought about the flying part. sorry

soleran30
lol the temperatures you would have to create to force enough lift would be melting cities under you as the torchsmile

Steroids don't give you batman, captain america strength 800lbs IS TONS to lift on our muscular/skelton system over your heads I mean.

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by soleran30

Steroids don't give you batman, captain america strength 800lbs IS TONS to lift on our muscular/skelton system over your heads I mean. But... confused Batman doesn't have super powers does he? Athough he IS Batman... stick out tongue (breathing in space and all that...) roll eyes (sarcastic)

NoFate007
Breathing in space?

DigiMark007
Batman is COMPLETELY possible. The glider from the recent movie actually exists for base jumpers. Anyone could become a martial arts badass with enough money and training. And aside from a few things about the batmobile and random gadgets, most of what Bats uses could be recreated.

An eccentric millionaire could easily become Batman (or Batgirl) if he/she wanted to.

Other stuff...

There's been successful experiments with something called 'remote viewing' in which a person (usually someone who is somehow adept at some form of deep meditation and can contro, their mind well) focuses on a person, object, place or event. They are completely seperated from whatever they are focused on, and yet when done in a controlled environment the results are far more convincing then what sheer probability could account for. They are able to ascertain specific things about the people, place, event, etc. that they are focused on. Results vary, but these tests have been done more than most people are aware of (a google search on it would give you a decent idea of what's out there on remote viewing) and most of them are resounding successes. The idea is that all matter in the universe is simply energy converted into various forms, and as such existence is simply a seamless stream of energy...the difference between, say, me and my computer is only a semantic one (energy-ily speaking) and everything in existence is intrinsically connected with everything else because of this fact.

Long story short, something akin to weak telepathy already exists and is possible. The so-called "psychics" may or may not be hoaxes...I really don't know. But that's what I do know.

...that's all I got. Interesting thread though.

-DM smile

Ultimate Hulk43
I was thinking,would it be possible to make fear gas like from in the Batman Begins movie?

16carlos1989
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
I was thinking,would it be possible to make fear gas like from in the Batman Begins movie?

I'm guessing it depends on the fear of the person that you are going to use it on, but yeah intentionally it could be created. i'd say it is possible but how would you know what the persons fear is, the Fear Gas can be used on a wide range of people with the same fear this may prove to be effective.

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by NoFate007
Breathing in space? embarrasment stick out tongue It was an reference to this: http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20050131.html
and http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20050930.html
Joke about how fans consider Batman capable of doing anythig since "He's Batman".

But someone said like cap america and batman like strength? confused

Ultimate Hulk43
What about having ice powers?Is that possible?

16carlos1989
well dont kno, if you lower your body heat and keep yourself hydrated then possibly you could breath out air that is extremely cold, but if you do this you may die.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Batman is COMPLETELY possible. The glider from the recent movie actually exists for base jumpers. Anyone could become a martial arts badass with enough money and training. And aside from a few things about the batmobile and random gadgets, most of what Bats uses could be recreated.

An eccentric millionaire could easily become Batman (or Batgirl) if he/she wanted to.

Other stuff...

There's been successful experiments with something called 'remote viewing' in which a person (usually someone who is somehow adept at some form of deep meditation and can contro, their mind well) focuses on a person, object, place or event. They are completely seperated from whatever they are focused on, and yet when done in a controlled environment the results are far more convincing then what sheer probability could account for. They are able to ascertain specific things about the people, place, event, etc. that they are focused on. Results vary, but these tests have been done more than most people are aware of (a google search on it would give you a decent idea of what's out there on remote viewing) and most of them are resounding successes. The idea is that all matter in the universe is simply energy converted into various forms, and as such existence is simply a seamless stream of energy...the difference between, say, me and my computer is only a semantic one (energy-ily speaking) and everything in existence is intrinsically connected with everything else because of this fact.

Long story short, something akin to weak telepathy already exists and is possible. The so-called "psychics" may or may not be hoaxes...I really don't know. But that's what I do know.

...that's all I got. Interesting thread though.

-DM smile

Batman is not really cmpletely possible digi, Yes you can be good at Martial arts, but not as good as Batman. He is not though just an expert at one thing he is an expert at everything, physical and mental. A great deal of his tech may be possible. In fact Weapons tech is beyond what he uses in some respects.

However if you want to make Iron man armour smile you need this to make it become real and it you had it you might:

Armour Armour Armour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/515498/

How awesome is that!?!?!?!?!?!?!

you need a really good haptic interface

http://www.wtec.org/robotics/

The military is trying smile

http://www.darpa.mil/baa/baa00-34.htm

http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/1103/111003nj1.htm

http://www.darpa.mil/dso/solicitations/00/Baa00-34/cbd.htm

but it's half hearted as far as superstrength this is about the best:

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=mg18624945.800

http://www.caddigest.com/subjects/solidworks/select/120904_%20exoskeleton.htm

http://www.impactlab.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5269

http://www.ornl.gov/info/ornlreview/v37_1_04/article_11.shtml

Weapons Systems

Energy Weapons lethal and non lethal.

http://www.livescience.com/technology/ap_050713_phasers.html

the size needs to be reduced here

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/missile_systems/systems/THEL.html

In Regards to far seeing the project was called don't laugh Projest "Stargate"

http://www.wintersteel.com/Remote_Viewing.html

loads about it on loony "sights" I mean sites across the web, personally I think it doesn't work but, they spent a lot of money on it.

soleran30
Yes more powerful then a 13 year old boy!

As fast as a rollerskate with 3 borken wheels!

Able to stun and Elephant (if you don't move to quickly)!

Wake up kids its a new day SuperHandiBionicGenferfreeHero!

However I do think I have a superpower if you want to call it that! I can spew forth such a string of prafinities and plasphemy that I can make Mormons cry...............so if a mormon ever tries to become a villian FEAR ME!

16carlos1989
i have a sort of superpower if u want to call it that, because i am Half Deaf in one ear (my right ear) my eyesight instead is improved. it may not seem like a superpower but its gd enough.

Ultimate Hulk43
Anybody think there'll ever be superheroes in the real world?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Batman is not really cmpletely possible digi, Yes you can be good at Martial arts, but not as good as Batman. He is not though just an expert at one thing he is an expert at everything, physical and mental. A great deal of his tech may be possible. In fact Weapons tech is beyond what he uses in some respects.

However if you want to make Iron man armour smile you need this to make it become real and it you had it you might:

Armour Armour Armour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/515498/

How awesome is that!?!?!?!?!?!?!

you need a really good haptic interface

http://www.wtec.org/robotics/

The military is trying smile

http://www.darpa.mil/baa/baa00-34.htm

http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/1103/111003nj1.htm

http://www.darpa.mil/dso/solicitations/00/Baa00-34/cbd.htm

but it's half hearted as far as superstrength this is about the best:

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=mg18624945.800

http://www.caddigest.com/subjects/solidworks/select/120904_%20exoskeleton.htm

http://www.impactlab.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5269

http://www.ornl.gov/info/ornlreview/v37_1_04/article_11.shtml

Weapons Systems

Energy Weapons lethal and non lethal.

http://www.livescience.com/technology/ap_050713_phasers.html

the size needs to be reduced here

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/missile_systems/systems/THEL.html

In Regards to far seeing the project was called don't laugh Projest "Stargate"

http://www.wintersteel.com/Remote_Viewing.html

loads about it on loony "sights" I mean sites across the web, personally I think it doesn't work but, they spent a lot of money on it.

Interesting stuff...thanks.

I wasn't saying Batman as he is in the comics is completely possible, but the idea (or a reasonable facsimile of Bats) is well within our reach.

And yeah, there's a lot of stuff about the government's remote viewing projects...most of it is crap. But I was referring to independant studies seperate from the more well-known government one. Still, there's enough evidence out there that's it's reasonable that it might exist.

Blair Wind
ima make an Ironman suit shifty

no serouisly other than maybe Captain America, i cant see SUPER powers coming into effect....the one "super" hero (more like crimefighter) that I would like to be would a cross of Batman and Ironman.....not as high tech as Ironman, not as broad as Batman, but somewhere in the middle...and with that you get like Batman Beyond type thing.....the suit is a WHOLE lot better than the original Batman, and you can focus more on gadgets than ALL the things that Batman as accomplished with his mind and MA skills and its not as big or chunky as the Ironman suit, maybe have some magnetic toys and stealth jet fighter tar on the suit and other tech........also you could get things like mega memory and enhance your memory which would help tremendously in having to say memorize tactics, strategies, languages, and being more observant to the world around you.....or just have a combat computer in your eye screen, but doing it the other way would be wiser, with the computer being a supplement (what if someone took the suit? you still need skills!)

so.....anyone a bored millionaire that would put me through training? Krav Maga? shaolin MA? and tech?? COMMON....

Digi this reminds me of the thread where you asked if Batman could actually happen......damn I wish it were me.....

DigiMark007
Ha, yeah...I forgot about that. If I win the lottery I guarantee you I'm trying it at least once. A friend of mine already agreed to play The Joker...we're going to stage a massive fight to make it seem sweet.

Then I'll unmask myself and ride the train to fame and popularity and fantastic Bat-sex with models.

...smile ...dorky as hell, I know...but I can dream, right?

Marvelgeek

Bat-sex with models.

...Would that mean... upside down? stick out tongue

Blair Wind
Ha, yeah...I forgot about that. If I win the lottery I guarantee you I'm trying it at least once. A friend of mine already agreed to play The Joker...we're going to stage a massive fight to make it seem sweet.

Then I'll unmask myself and ride the train to fame and popularity and fantastic Bat-sex with models.

...smile ...dorky as hell, I know...but I can dream, right?

you could always make a squad like the ultimates....all batman style crimefighters...and think of me shifty

Fishy 500
Sentient (sapient?) energy would be the processes and patterns of thought embodied in pure energy. Instead of neurochemistry, maybe light or gravity; perhaps consciousness could even impose itself on the quantum foam: a localized region of quantum order, not chaos (although, if I grasp chaos theory correctly, underlying chaos is order). If you are inclined toward spiritual beliefs (eg, Kabbalah), then patterns of thought embodied in "sefirotic emanations:" divine energy.

If this still isn't clear, forgive me, for mine is still a mind bound by electron flows and chemicals.

I read something about this, something about transfering our minds into neutrino form or something. Its supposed to be an evolved form of downloading our brains onto computers .... apprently it will be necessery if we are to survive the immense cold of 'the big freeze' .

Digi can you transfer this to the Comic book forum .... BTW Im yahman, so its my thread !

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Blair Wind
you could always make a squad like the ultimates....all batman style crimefighters...and think of me shifty

Yeah, it would make more sense to have a team.

I figured it wasn't hurting anything here, but it'd probably do well over in the regular comic forum.. Moving.

manjaro
the only reasonable one is cap america. and its not as hard as you think. in fact, think gorilla.....all scientists have to do is create a super version of already existing Human growth Hormones... that prolonged taking it will lead to humans developing denser bone and muscle tissue, and increased circulation... about 6-8 times than what they are now. what we would end up with is someone with the strength of a full grown male gorilla(about 2.5 -3 tons)..simply becuz gorrilas bones and muscles are denser than ours.. that tech is about 10-15 yrs off

manjaro
ever since the third batman movie the pentagon has been toying with the idea of making bio suits... the idea was since the movies can make a full body suit out of leather, why not make one out of kevlar or any other real world composite materials .. batmans suit is stated to be made from a combo of kevlar and nomex(both real world materials)

ever since the late 90's this eccentric inventor from canada has invented a HALO type of battle suit to fight bears and shit(you might have seen him on TV a bunch of times) the material, which he keeps secret is completely bullet proof and fire proof, he even took shots at point blank range with a 30.06 and has been shown to be so shock absorbent that he let himself get hit with a truck at 30mph for the camera, and let logs tied to trees at a 40 degree angle crash into him.. the only drawback is that it was big and clunky, but im positive that with a little refiniing, US enigeneers or any body he license the material to can widdle it down to a workable Solid snake..nightwing...Stars Wars storm trooper size of a bio suit.. so its close ppl.

As far as real armor, the closest we could get is Steel's first armor, when it was just a metal casing and a big hammer. the iron man stuff is too complex.. it would require too much energy for sustained flight, and even if you had 3 mini nuclear plants on your back you still wouldnt be able to generate enuff energy for repulsar blasts, so that will never happen even 100 yrs from now, ppl just wont be that interested

Blair Wind
il WILL make it happen.....i dont care how....i will....its like my hobby.....but i know its not gonna be as advanced.....lol whatever....have any sites on this inventor guy??

hoorayforpeepee
i think in maybe two hundred years a spidey level of strength/speed/durability/senses/endurance/reflexes/flexibility is possible, if not the pinnacle.

i think the most likely of any superpowers would have to revolve around the hypothetical psions. if psions do exist and we can harness them, with sufficient time it should lead to energy/matter. i think a highly evolved human might actually look something like a top-level jedi.

Psycho Ninja
The whole "psionic" by science range is still too far-fetched for me...

IMO, the only way to have psionic powers are by mystical or religious ways.....

The scientifically possible powers are probably:
-Superstrength (1-2 ton level)
-Superstamina (around 10-20x normal human)
-Supersight (Bionic Implants, Tiger Woods is using this)
-Regenerative Powers (Bio manipulation)
-Superspeed (Bionic Implants, Genetic Manipulation)

As of flight,....... Scientists today are still trying to research wheter "graiviton" exists or not ?? If it does, then flight is completely possible...

All the powers are basically genetic manipulation and bionic implants !!!

Fishy 500
Originally posted by Psycho Ninja
The whole "psionic" by science range is still too far-fetched for me...

IMO, the only way to have psionic powers are by mystical or religious ways.....

The scientifically possible powers are probably:
-Superstrength (1-2 ton level)
-Superstamina (around 10-20x normal human)
-Supersight (Bionic Implants, Tiger Woods is using this)
-Regenerative Powers (Bio manipulation)
-Superspeed (Bionic Implants, Genetic Manipulation)

As of flight,....... Scientists today are still trying to research wheter "graiviton" exists or not ?? If it does, then flight is completely possible...

All the powers are basically genetic manipulation and bionic implants !!!

Guys you need to read the latest New Scientist .... I don't know if the UK edition is similar to the U.S. edition, but it claims that they may have found a way to create and anti gravity field, and more importantly access higher Dimensions. This is all achieved with a relatively small electro magnetic current. Although this current is 500 ,000 times more powerful than the earths electromagnetic field, it pails in comparison to the Planck energy requirement (similar to the energy given off by a Supernova / black hole), which was originally thought to be needed.

As I've said on various occasions Hyper Dimensions allow you to do pretty much anything especially in accordance with nano tech. Obviously we're talking about Milenium of research and experimentation, but eventually we could become pseudo Kryptonians !

All of this is possible with higher dimensions and Nano tech !

Superhuman Strength
Super Speed
Invunerability
Super Human Flight
Molecular Manipulation
Telepathy
Intangibilty

Blair Wind
anyway you could post the article?

and Tiger Woods really has that??

manjaro
blair i dont know ho to post link but the dudes name is Troy Hurtubise . there is a killer bio on wikipedia but if you google his name you'll find tons of sites with pics of all the crazyshit he's invented over the years

Blair Wind
thanks! big grin

edit: see people think im crazy, but I want to create a business that develops engineering concepts and products like this guy.....that what I want to do when I get out of college....

Fishy 500
anyway you could post the article?

and Tiger Woods really has that??

Go buy it, you lazzy bastard !

Nah only joking, i dont own a scanner !

Mississippienne
Electric eels are capable of generating up to 600 volts of electricity using biological electroplaques. Something like that might be possible with genetic engineering, although something that advanced is a long way off (right now we can barely clone mammals, I don't see designer babies being a possibility for a long time).

Magneto's powers are more difficult, since you'd have to generate extremely powerful magnetic fields within your body. The cool thing is, if you somehow could generate these fields, you could achieve levitation. See this article (hfml.science.ru.nl/hfml/levitate.html) on how magnetic fields can affect even non-magnetic objects).

A lot of stuff that was considered science fiction a few decades ago is science now. How often do you stop to think about how lots of people are cyborgs? Lots of people have artificial limbs, pacemakers, etc. There's even artificial blood made from perfluorochemicals!

Blair Wind
...this thread must not die!

R.O.T. Yahman
...this thread must not die!

Much appreciated ..... Much like my other ones !!!!!!!!! smile

Blair Wind
I wanna know more about this tiger woods bionic implant, cuz my eyesight sucks, I wanna fix it, but if I can fix it and then, be better....well I can be batman ninja

lmao anyways I wonder if they could do something like the Spartans armour from Halo, basically a suped up Captain America in a depowered Ironman Suit.....

Blair Wind
well well well.....sounds like the army is well on their way with an ironman armour (minus flight, strength, and...alot of stuff)

should be out by 2020
http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Jul2004/n07272004_2004072705.html

also did you know that MIT is working on a suit composed of nano tech, that basically recharges energy when you walk/run so you can jump REALLY high, if you break a leg it makes an immediate caste, and working on the nano tech so for a period of time it displays the light that would have been there if you werent there, making you almost invisible.

Scoobless
should be out by 2020

http://www.liquidcross.com/ironman2020/images/gallery/im2020.jpg

evil face

laughing

soleran30
lol yeah well lets hope that 2020 issue armor comes with an moster capacity AC unit cuz it won't do jack in the desert except kill you fast from overexposuresmile

Blair Wind
eh....so I think that IF a Captain America type procedure can be done, this would be included in the package. I actually was thinking of the engineering possibilities, but I got lost in the brain related material (in my own spare time) then I went and looked it up:

http://www.deaftoday.com/news/archives/003820.html

I mean think about it. How awesome would it be to....just KNOW everything? All the information in the world at your fingertips and cutting the "learning" time in more than half....WAAYY more than half.

ST0RM SHAD0W
awesomethumb up

grey fox
I don't like all this mention of Nanotech , way to risky to use.

A 'super-soldier' with Nano-tech can be taken out by a simple EMP burst or can be hacked into. Plus theirs the whole 'Grey blob' scenario....

bigbran
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Captain America is entirely possible these days. ive seen on the internet( it look real) this huge guy lifted more than cap america. and the super serum is also called steriods.

grey fox
Originally posted by bigbran
ive seen on the internet( it look real) this huge guy lifted more than cap america. and the super serum is also called steriods.

The Super Soldier Serum IS steroids. 616 cap needed added on radiation therapy to activate the chemicals though.

Ultimate Cap however is the most realistic,with him having 6 month's of various chemical and surgical treatments just to become the very peak of human efficiency.

grey fox
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43

Isn't that basically LSD ?

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by grey fox

A 'super-soldier' with Nano-tech can be taken out by a simple EMP burst or can be hacked into. Plus theirs the whole 'Grey blob' scenario....

Nano tech as in nano bots, will require tansistors not mayed out of the traditional micro chips and will therefore not be vunerable to EMP's. smile

DarkCrawler
How about something like Master Chief?

* Advanced carbide ceramic material grafted onto bones to increase durability and strength
* Protein complex injections to increase muscle density and lower recovery time after injury
* Body growth hormone pellet injections to boost skeletal and muscle tissue growth
* Occipital capillary reversal to increase blood flow to the eyes, resulting in enhanced vision and perceptiveness
* Superconducting neurofilament fibers added to nerve endings, resulting in 400% increase in reflexes and increases in intelligence, memory, and creativity.

grey fox
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Nano tech as in nano bots, will require tansistors not mayed out of the traditional micro chips and will therefore not be vunerable to EMP's. smile

Theirs still the grey blob scenario and the possibility of hacking into soldiers.

R.O.T. Yahman
Theirs still the grey blob scenario and the possibility of hacking into soldiers.

Edward Jenner took the same risks when he infected that poor kid with the first vaccine. Progress means risks .....

R.O.T. Yahman
How about something like Master Chief?

* Advanced carbide ceramic material grafted onto bones to increase durability and strength
* Protein complex injections to increase muscle density and lower recovery time after injury
* Body growth hormone pellet injections to boost skeletal and muscle tissue growth
* Occipital capillary reversal to increase blood flow to the eyes, resulting in enhanced vision and perceptiveness
* Superconducting neurofilament fibers added to nerve endings, resulting in 400% increase in reflexes and increases in intelligence, memory, and creativity.

Give it a 100 years or so, but im pretty sure most human soldiers with have similllar modifications , although this seems a bit unlikely:

'Superconducting neurofilament fibers added to nerve endings, resulting in 400% increase in reflexes and increases in intelligence, memory, and creativity'

A 400% increase in refelexes would probably mean an entirely new CNS. smile

grey fox
Edward Jenner took the same risks when he infected that poor kid with the first vaccine. Progress means risks .....

That was a single death , the Grey Blob scenario can cause millions to die with relative ease.

R.O.T. Yahman
That was a single death , the Grey Blob scenario can cause millions to die with relative ease.

Umm it wasn't a death .... confused

R.O.T. Yahman

Infact the grey Blod scenario kills pretty much everyone .... buts thats irrelevant, as without Nano tech, the world dies eventually anyway. People said the same about the Nuclear bomb, but without Fission and Fusion we can forget about any form of necessery planetary travel, or future realiable energy sources. smile

Mindship

Nanotech--at least in the context of this thread, wherein we are discussing a lot of hypotheticals--covers an extremely broad range. For example, it is conceivable that very advanced nanotech would be less 'little robots' inside us and more actual enhancement of our DNA, reinforced atomic bonding, using organic molecules in whole new ways, as examples. Nanotech might modify nerves into fiberoptic pathways, such that an EMP would be useless.

Nanotech hundreds of years from now might be as different from our current conception of nanotech as teraflop microchips are from an abacus (eg, picotech / femtotech, anyone?).

R.O.T. Yahman
Nanotech--at least in the context of this thread, wherein we are discussing a lot of hypotheticals--covers an extremely broad range. For example, it is conceivable that very advanced nanotech would be less 'little robots' inside us and more actual enhancement of our DNA, reinforced atomic bonding, using organic molecules in whole new ways, as examples. Nanotech might modify nerves into fiberoptic pathways, such that an EMP would be useless.

Nanotech hundreds of years from now might be as different from our current conception of nanotech as teraflop microchips are from an abacus (eg, picotech / femtotech, anyone?).

Indeed .... Imagine if we are able to enter another dimension (As stated in one of my posts on the last page) the nano tech may be able to alter our atomic structureWith this level of energy matter manipulation, anything is possible. smile

Spideys Sister
The Super Soldier Serum IS steroids. 616 cap needed added on radiation therapy to activate the chemicals though.

Ultimate Cap however is the most realistic,with him having 6 month's of various chemical and surgical treatments just to become the very peak of human efficiency. Then Ultimate Hawkeye is completely acceptable. He's noted to have no powers but an olympic leval of archary on his side. Calling him a superhero is calling basicly all olympic gold medalists superheros.

As for purposly manipulating DNA, there always the possibility that we have the inactive mutant gene. So far the only significant mutations we see on a daily basis are birth defects and the albinos. Nothing like blue fur or claws. There is always an endless possibility that tampering with our DNA would not only bennefit us in our everyday lives and assisting in the war, but it could also lead to stopping certin diseases and illnesses. But at this point in the world... I think we could use a few good men with good hearts to beat the snot out of the enemy once in a while.

But that's just me. wink

grey fox

Oh...i was thinking in more of the tiny robots/Star Trek voyager style nano tech then any 'enhance your atoms' style.

Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Then Ultimate Hawkeye is completely acceptable. He's noted to have no powers but an olympic leval of archary on his side. Calling him a superhero is calling basicly all olympic gold medalists superheros.

Oh yeah, I'm fully on Hawkeyes side. His powers are attainable by anyone. Just as long as they have enough training and dedication to be able to get to that degree of marksmanship.

R.O.T. Yahman

Oh yeah, I'm fully on Hawkeyes side. His powers are attainable by anyone. Just as long as they have enough training and dedication to be able to get to that degree of marksmanship.

Yesss ... i think its teally plausible killing people with youre finger nails. roll eyes (sarcastic)

grey fox
Yesss ... i think its teally plausible killing people with youre finger nails. roll eyes (sarcastic)

...Ah yes. The fingernail thing.

That's bullshit.

The rest on the other hand is fully acceptable. Hell ripping off his own finger nails is possible, it would hurt like a b*ch though.

Blair Wind
eh....so I think that IF a Captain America type procedure can be done, this would be included in the package. I actually was thinking of the engineering possibilities, but I got lost in the brain related material (in my own spare time) then I went and looked it up:

http://www.deaftoday.com/news/archives/003820.html

I mean think about it. How awesome would it be to....just KNOW everything? All the information in the world at your fingertips and cutting the "learning" time in more than half....WAAYY more than half.

I still think that having everything of knowledge at your disposal is the coolest idea.

And grey fox Im sorry, but clearing a room full of soldiers with guns with a BOW AND ARROW (and each guard had like 3 arrows a piece) is physically impossible. The time it takes to get an arrow, notch it, and release is a lot more than pulling your index finger erm

Spideys Sister
Having Hawkeye , why the hell don't we just give Mike Jordan a SHEILD lisense to be an Ultimate and call it a day. laughing out loud

HellMaster93
Sadly so... he could tka eone guy every minute or so... and how many arrows could he carry? 30... 50 maybe?

Spideys Sister
Depends on how big his bag is...

Whoa, I should rephraze that... eh, I'll do it later.

bigbran
the wolverine treatment.

grey fox
Originally posted by bigbran
the wolverine treatment.

Thats so full of bullshit .

zbucsz
bump...ihope they have this shit out when im still alive like some sort of halo dude

MJOILNIR
Super strength....Ask some law enforcement officers who have had to fight with someone hopped up on LSD ect. Ive been involved in and seen several times when a 120 pound man comes up with 3-5 200 pound plus guys on top of him. Lance Armstrong has endurance that is unreal. His oxygen intake ratio is "x" times better than ours and his muscles dont produce as much (chemical that causes fatigue, cant remember the name) that ours do.

grey fox
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Super strength....Ask some law enforcement officers who have had to fight with someone hopped up on LSD ect. Ive been involved in and seen several times when a 120 pound man comes up with 3-5 200 pound plus guys on top of him. Lance Armstrong has endurance that is unreal. His oxygen intake ratio is "x" times better than ours and his muscles dont produce as much (chemical that causes fatigue, cant remember the name) that ours do.

Isn't LSD a hallucinogenic though ? How would it increase strength ?

MJOILNIR
Im not a chemist I dont know but Ive wrestled with people on cocain, lsd, acid ect. They just go out of thier mind and thier strong as hell when they do it. Maybe the hallucinations scare them half to death when thier fighting which may give them a super boost of adrenalin???? Dont know but Ive seen the end result. They seem to be able to take ungodly ammounts of punishment as well. Ive seen pepper spray fail to stop people blowed out of thier mind a couple of times. Usually takes a lot of blunt force trauma or sheer numbers or lethal force.

Blair Wind
Bump...

coolest thread ever created. big grin

grey fox
Cybernetics are currently available, all we need to do is increase their power and BAM Class 1-5 strength.

Vim
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Im not a chemist I dont know but Ive wrestled with people on cocain, lsd, acid ect. They just go out of thier mind and thier strong as hell when they do it. Maybe the hallucinations scare them half to death when thier fighting which may give them a super boost of adrenalin???? Dont know but Ive seen the end result. They seem to be able to take ungodly ammounts of punishment as well. Ive seen pepper spray fail to stop people blowed out of thier mind a couple of times. Usually takes a lot of blunt force trauma or sheer numbers or lethal force.

Check this site out!
http://www.matthewmullins.net/xma.htm

Reveals alot of the science behind Martial Arts and the power ("powers"wink generated by it! I'm 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, so I can vouch for the validity!!

Newjak
Well the basic power sets like strength and speed are all doable with advanced medicines but they all often come with side effects

The true powers as I call them though won't be around until we can harness and manipulate raw energy

Scoobless
With some money to get a bulletproof suit and a few weapons could a guy like this be a real life DareDevil/Nightwing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2kJZOfq7zk

Blair Wind
probably lol

just need to not get caught by saaaaay the police?

Scoobless
Judging by some of these people a highly athletic street level vigilante shouldn't be too absurd.... until it comes to dodging bullets of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkFcMAhmths&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l30belKgT-8

Blair Wind
most of that is called parkour. Its like urban actrobatics. Its possible though I guess. But not to the extent of comics probably

MightyEInherjar
I have friends and family that do parkour and capoeira...it's not not being superhuman, it's just a lot of hard work and conditioning.

If you think that 'ninja' was authentic, take a look at capoeira, where he obviously got a lot of his movement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neIV9cEb_-c

The guy is cheesy, but he's damn good.

Blair Wind
shifty

Wish this was more plausible:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineer_%28comics%29

That would kick ass

sapphiremouse
stealth armor = invisibility ( seen it on future weapons, recently)

Donkey Punch
shifty

That would kick ass

Give it 200 years or so, and we'll see loads of Superheroe esq Ghost i the Shell characters like the Egineer. smile

Mindship
Interesting. I created a female character a number of years ago (wrote some short stories about her--one actually got published) whose powers were based on nanotech (the character also incorporated a dragon theme). But I took it even further, beyond nanotech, to where not only is her genetic structure engineered but also her subatomic structure. Ie, this tech could work matter down to the Planck scale, altering physical constants and allowing for "seemingly impossible" abilities (which, in and of themselves, I kept fairly realistic).

Donkey Punch
Interesting. I created a female character a number of years ago (wrote some short stories about her--one actually got published) whose powers were based on nanotech (the character also incorporated a dragon theme). But I took it even further, beyond nanotech, to where not only is her genetic structure engineered but also her subatomic structure. Ie, this tech could work matter down to the Planck scale, altering physical constants and allowing for "seemingly impossible" abilities (which, in and of themselves, I kept fairly realistic).

Cool, could she manipulate the Quantum field to give her mass, like the Hulk does ? smile

Its looks like you haven't read the Authority yet, i extremely recomend that you pick it up.

Symmetric Chaos
shifty

That would kick ass

Yeah who wouldn't want to be a naked metal chick . . . . .

Why are all the cool characters girls? mad

Symmetric Chaos

If she's operating at PlackLevels she should be able to do basicly anything right?

Aboslute control of her form, perfect perception of time, manipulation of most forms of energy, she should be able to store a basicly limitless amount of information stuff like that.

How did you rationalize the construction of technology at that scale? Namely what was it built out of?

Newjak
Realisticly the only thing we lack now is a usable power source to power a suit. Otherwise we could make a suit to allow humans to be stronger and probably even possess flight.

Like I said the problem is that the suit would require insane amount of energy to power it for any more than a few minutes.

Mindship
She can manipulate the quantum vacuum, yes, but that particular power I did not bestow upon her. By comparison to the source of her powers, her actual abilities are pretty tame (pretty much your standard basic powerset), because 1) I wanted to keep her challenges fairly simple, and 2) my focus was more on character development. Also, I thought that fairly simple, basic powers might be easier to accept as realistic, given the tech source.

I know, I know. I've been extremely remiss in this, because when I do get the chance to frequent a comic shop, my focus has been on collecting every DC/Marvel crossover I can find (latest conquest: JLA/Avengers).

One word, implicit (usually) in the character's gestalt: SEX. But seriously, I find a female character easier to write about because there's less temptation to see the character as my "ideal self," and I experiment more in hopes of making the character interesting.

The tech operates on that level, but not her as a macroscopic organism. The story rational is that this tech is so advanced that the society which created her barely understands it (which is why most of her is still "regular" nanotech).

I'm so glad you asked. stick out tongue
First of all, you might find this an interesting site...
www.orionsarm.com
That aside, this is basically my reasoning...

I used to "design" advanced technologies by simply extrapolating what we know today. The futuretech still has one foot, so to speak, in our real world. Okay, fine and dandy.

But then I started thinking: if a cell phone appeared in Medieval times, it would be completely unrecognizable even in terms of function, let alone how it might work. In other words, really advanced supertech should Not be comprehensible by us at all. Ie, Clarke's Law. For me, this made such tech more believable than something I could still somewhat understand.

That said, I haven't the faintest idea how this Planck-level tech might work, suffice to say that, where the planck-level action happens, this is likely surrounded/supported by tiers of tech less teeny (plancktech - attotech - femtotech - picotech - nanotech).

Mindship
This is a more direct link (sorry, I was in a rush before)...
http://www.orionsarm.com/tech/index.html

zbucsz
I know a gurl who has super-powers she can suck like no other

Donkey Punch
Originally posted by zbucsz
I know a gurl who has super-powers she can suck like no other

I think I know her aswell. smile

grey fox
Originally posted by Newjak
Realisticly the only thing we lack now is a usable power source to power a suit. Otherwise we could make a suit to allow humans to be stronger and probably even possess flight.

Like I said the problem is that the suit would require insane amount of energy to power it for any more than a few minutes.

Miniature Nuclear engine ?

Symmetric Chaos
Miniature Nuclear engine ?

Because making tiny nuclear devices is always a good idea.

grey fox
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Because making tiny nuclear devices is always a good idea.

It could deter enemies attacking ?

Symmetric Chaos
It could deter enemies attacking ?

Kinda like AtomicSkull?

grey fox
Kinda like AtomicSkull?

In a sense .

I mean who would honestly want to shoot at something which (if damaged) could potential destroy everything in a3-5 mile radius ?

Mindship
Energywise, some powers seem "cheaper" than others. For 100 kilowatts (eg, the power to move a car at 40mph), you can have the strength of 1000 men. Superspeed requires megawattage; and durability is the most expensive of your basic powerset: to withstand the explosive force of only 1 ton of TNT, you need 4.2 gigawatts.

To withstand 1 megaton, you'd need 4200 terawatts (that's ten times the power of the Hiroshima bomb). smart

My guess would be, by the time we have the technology to generate this kind of power on a personal level, we'd probably be beyond suits. More like nanotech beings.

Symmetric Chaos
Energywise, some powers seem "cheaper" than others. For 100 kilowatts (eg, the power to move a car at 40mph), you can have the strength of 1000 men. Superspeed requires megawattage; and durability is the most expensive of your basic powerset: to withstand the explosive force of only 1 ton of TNT, you need 4.2 gigawatts.

To withstand 1 megaton, you'd need 4200 terawatts (that's ten times the power of the Hiroshima bomb). smart

My guess would be, by the time we have the technology to generate this kind of power on a personal level, we'd probably be beyond suits. More like nanotech beings.

Or you could phase shift. Phase shifting solves everything shifty

Doctor Miracle
This thread is amazing ! smile

grey fox
I have a question. I'm trying to write up a scenario where people realistically gain Super powers.

Now I have three powers in mind .

1. Time Manipulation

2. Super Strength

3. Electrical Creation / Manipulation

I need weakness for the characters ?

The Super strength is simple enough , the user has to be very careful whenever they move or touch someone so they don't accidentally tear them apart.

Time Manip is difficult however, I have this idea that it's not WHAT is done with the powers (aging someone to dust, pausing time ect) but how LONG it's done for and how LARGE the effect is. IE : Pausing time for 5 minutes in a restroom wouldn't take its toll. Holding time in place on a sky scraper however would be near impossible.

Any thoughts on Time Manip and Electrical Manip ?

Endless Mike
How about if he manipulates time, he has to be careful not to cause a paradox, or else the manipulation will be undone.

grey fox
Originally posted by Endless Mike
How about if he manipulates time, he has to be careful not to cause a paradox, or else the manipulation will be undone.

Nah

A paradox would infer direct time travel , he'd mostly use it to pause time or possibly rewind time (wherein the paradox idea could be used) as well as age things to dust ect.

Endless Mike
Nah

A paradox would infer direct time travel , he'd mostly use it to pause time or possibly rewind time (wherein the paradox idea could be used) as well as age things to dust ect.

Okay, so what if he pauses time in a 5 - foot circle around him, but then starts it up again, he finds himself and everything in 5 feet around him floating off in space, since the earth continued revolving around the sun while the part he froze stood still.

grey fox
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Okay, so what if he pauses time in a 5 - foot circle around him, but then starts it up again, he finds himself and everything in 5 feet around him floating off in space, since the earth continued revolving around the sun while the part he froze stood still.

Possibly.

To be quite honest I had mostly got the time guy sorted out, it was only the electricity one I really need ed help on.

I'd constructed a scene wherein the Time guy needs to stop a group of robbers within a bank , but over stretches himself. causing himself internal injuries through holding the entire bank (not just a room) in time for 5 minutes.

Doctor Miracle
Nah

Time manipulation would probably adverse effects on the surrounding gravity fields.

Symmetric Chaos
For the electricity guy you could create a problem from the moving of charge (ie he uses the electrons from around him to shoot lightning at a guy but then the who area gains a strong positive charge)

With that he would gain both a disadvantage (can't use his powers in a storm, can't hide himself and use his powers) and also an manner of sneak attack if he's smart.

grey fox
For the electricity guy you could create a problem from the moving of charge (ie he uses the electrons from around him to shoot lightning at a guy but then the who area gains a strong positive charge)

With that he would gain both a disadvantage (can't use his powers in a storm, can't hide himself and use his powers) and also an manner of sneak attack if he's smart.

Strong positive charge ?

Interesting....

Anything to do with static , any adverse affects upon the real world ? (setting off Car Alarms , PC's ect ?

Doctor Miracle

I'm pretty sure he would have to effect the surrounding areas charge any way, otherwise he wouldn't be able to manipulate electricity in the first place. confused

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Doctor Miracle
I'm pretty sure he would have to effect the surrounding areas charge any way, otherwise he wouldn't be able to manipulate electricity in the first place. confused

But that usually gets ignored.

grey fox
Yeah , manipulate was perhaps the wrong word. I mean he can 'create' electricity and then manipulate what he creates, though I could add in the ability to manipulate non-created electricity in the mix for interesting effects (turning off lights , amping self up)

Symmetric Chaos
Strong positive charge ?

Interesting....

Anything to do with static , any adverse affects upon the real world ? (setting off Car Alarms , PC's ect ?

Well if you take all the a lot of negative charge away from an area then all surrounding negative charge will head for it.

So it would pull in lightning, energy blasts and probably screw up all manner of different things.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>