my pet peeves about comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
1) strength inconsistency

ie. one day superman lifts a carrier across the ocean (which is over 100,000 tons!) the next day he can barely beat some 80 ton class guy

speaking of which, why is 100 ton the highest class, when obviously Hulk, superman, gladiator, thor, hercules and such have all done feats of well above 100,000 tons...often on a regular basis

2) power inconsistency

in one of the versus threads, someone posted a list of all of thor's powers, which were mighty impressive, except he hardly ever displays any of them...this pisses me off, I mean writers should either make the heroes use their powers to their full extent or not make them so powerful in the first place

ie. one of thor's supposed powers is to teleport anyone anywhere in the region...hmmm if he actually used that power, dont you think he would save the world alot of mayhem and bloodshed, so why doesnt he use such powers, does he forget them or does he enjoy getting punched in the face?

3) pure idiocy

ie. galactus can eat planets and destroy stars but gets stopped by the fantastic four! thats equivalent to a human being in a tank getting stopped by four ants...what lunacy!

alot of other inconsistencies and stupidity in comics piss me off, but im too lazy to list them all

masterbruce
anybody else have any pet peeves to list?

Wanderer259
Continuity issues. I hate how, for instance, Marvel is working right now. We have Spider-Man in his own book while he's dealing with the stuff in the Marvel Knights storyline while he's in New Avengers running around with them fighting the Wrecker and dealing with the Sentry while he's in Marvel Team-Up getting transported by Dr. Strange to Tokyo while he's being affected by the Scarlet Witch's reality altering veil.

When the hell does all this take place? At the same time? Is some of it not canon? Can we please get some clarification?

I can't think of anything other than what you've already posted, Masterbruce.

Creshosk
Originally posted by masterbruce
2) power inconsistency

in one of the versus threads, someone posted a list of all of thor's powers, which were mighty impressive, except he hardly ever displays any of them...this pisses me off, I mean writers should either make the heroes use their powers to their full extent or not make them so powerful in the first place

ie. one of thor's supposed powers is to teleport anyone anywhere in the region...hmmm if he actually used that power, dont you think he would save the world alot of mayhem and bloodshed, so why doesnt he use such powers, does he forget them or does he enjoy getting punched in the face? Sometimes it's needed for the story, sometimes its not.

What I hate most is the fanboy's who over hype things. . particularly when they're hypocritical about it.

willRules
Originally posted by Wanderer259
Continuity issues. I hate how, for instance, Marvel is working right now. We have Spider-Man in his own book while he's dealing with the stuff in the Marvel Knights storyline while he's in New Avengers running around with them fighting the Wrecker and dealing with the Sentry while he's in Marvel Team-Up getting transported by Dr. Strange to Tokyo while he's being affected by the Scarlet Witch's reality altering veil.

When the hell does all this take place? At the same time? Is some of it not canon? Can we please get some clarification?

I can't think of anything other than what you've already posted, Masterbruce.

Yep and the same can be said for wolverine at the moment..................

BENITO
What about incontinuity
or bad continuity

olympian
"speaking of which, why is 100 ton the highest class, when obviously Hulk, superman, gladiator, thor, hercules and such have all done feats of well above 100,000 tons...often on a regular basis"

Because Marvel likes to state stupid notions sometimes.

CorderaMitchell
Marvel does that alot...

Scoobless
Originally posted by masterbruce
one of thor's supposed powers is to teleport anyone anywhere in the region...hmmm if he actually used that power, dont you think he would save the world alot of mayhem and bloodshed, so why doesnt he use such powers, does he forget them or does he enjoy getting punched in the face?

he likes fighting... it's against his "warriors code" to simply banish his enemies.... but he will resort to it if he has to, ie, After the Asgardian Destroyer killed him, he came back to life, joined back in the fight against it and immediatley teleported it to some uninhabited planet somewhere random in the universe

Wanderer259
I didn't mean Spider-Man in specific. It's happening all across the Marvel board. Cap's running about in his book's own storyline while he deals with the Sentry in New Avengers while he's being affected by Wanda's altered reality. It's everywhere and it's pissing me off.

The old joke, since it's now out-dated, of Wolverine being everywhere at once is no longer funny now that everyone is everywhere at once.

Superfly4000
I hate it when i can't tell which frame to read next.

willRules
Originally posted by Wanderer259
I didn't mean Spider-Man in specific. It's happening all across the Marvel board. Cap's running about in his book's own storyline while he deals with the Sentry in New Avengers while he's being affected by Wanda's altered reality. It's everywhere and it's pissing me off.

The old joke, since it's now out-dated, of Wolverine being everywhere at once is no longer funny now that everyone is everywhere at once.

godd point

goku-vs-superma
I hate really really really intricate time traveling and alternate reality stories that get tangled. IE the summers/grey bloodline. for example mother askani is rachel summers AKA pheonix 2 and when she gets older she raises nathaniel summers who becomes cable...etc

Creshosk
Originally posted by goku-vs-superma
I hate really really really intricate time traveling and alternate reality stories that get tangled. IE the summers/grey bloodline. for example mother askani is rachel summers AKA pheonix 2 and when she gets older she raises nathaniel summers who becomes cable...etc Phoenix two was the phoenix that became dark phoenix.

Rachel was Phoenix 3.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by BENITO
What about incontinuity
or bad continuity

No one wants to be incontinent Benito buddy smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.