Obi-wan Vs Emperor Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grievous16
What if yoda told obi-wan to vs the emperor instead of going to vs anakin.I mean sure obi-wan is pretty tuff at defeating general grievous and all but this would be alot more of a challenge...especially for obi-wan,yoda said it himself that he wasn't as strong as him to defeat the emperor.It kinda makes you think though...do you believe obi-wan was powerful enough to defeat the emperor??Or do you think obi-wan would of been beaten by the powerful emperor palpatine????You decide....

darthrevan89
This is pathetic, Obi-Wan would be wasted into Jawa burgers within mere minuets.

Dark Thor
noobs...............yo DarthWindu, who makes terrible threads now?

grievous16
who voted obi wan???!!!
What the f**k?

Dark Thor
laughing out loud i did it for fun.

grievous16
see thats why i made this thread i mean even though its a stupid question....other people might belive obi-wan could beat the emperor...even though obi wan would be killed in a mere minutes..so ya.

grievous16
scratch that.....SECONDS!!

Darth_Janus
This thread sucks and so do you.

Dark Thor
Originally posted by grievous16
see thats why i made this thread i mean even though its a stupid question....other people might belive obi-wan could beat the emperor...even though obi wan would be killed in a mere minutes..so ya.

i voted obi because i was joking, noob

grievous16
ehhhh **** this and **** all you guys commenting I'm done with threads ill just comment like all of you guys on other peoples threads and post things that some person already said...I'M DONE!!!!!mad now some little prick will say YAY FINALLY!!just to be a wise ass!just becareful with the threads you guys will create cause even if its a smart question ill still **** around with all of you!IAM DONE!

Darth_Janus
YAY FINALLY!

Illustrious
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
YAY FINALLY!

I second that.

Dark Thor
i third that

Aduruth
cough obiwan cough

wont happen but i wish it could sad

its like

CHANCE OF WINNING
Obi----5%
Sid----95%

lol.
Go lightside, honostly not such of a good idea to make this thread though,
1 ithink its been done
and 2 waste of time
but 3 it did catch my attention. lol.

ObiWan1982
A very mismatched battle... I am a rabid Obi-Wan Kenobi fan but even I know when he is outmatched... sure people may say he is lucky... but it will take more than luck to defeat the Emperor... poor old Kenobi is toast in this battle.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by grievous16
ehhhh **** this and **** all you guys commenting I'm done with threads ill just comment like all of you guys on other peoples threads and post things that some person already said...I'M DONE!!!!!mad now some little prick will say YAY FINALLY!!just to be a wise ass!just becareful with the threads you guys will create cause even if its a smart question ill still **** around with all of you!IAM DONE!

wow.. Who has trouble reading this?

Darth Sparhawk
Sidious will win!

Darth_Nefarus
Of course Sidious would win, but Obi-Wan wouldn't die at all. He's way too ninja to be killed by anyone. He only lets people take him down.

overlord
I think Sidious was much better than Obi Wan but I do think Obi has more than 5% chance of winning.

Darth Nhilus
This has already been done but palpatine would win easily. Obi wan would beat him if it were out of maybe 100,000 mauches, just once but in one battle emperor wins.

Darth Nhilus
Yeah I agree with overlord
Here is my percentage
Obi wan- 10 %
Palpatine-90%

Darth_Emodas
"Strong enough to face Palpatine, you will never be. Die you will, and painfully."

Fishy
I don't Obi Wan doesn't stand a chance. He is a defensive fighter making it hard for Palpatine to kill him with a lightsaber. But Palpatine sucks with a lightsaber anyways, so its probably for the best that he doesn't face a Soresu master in lightsaber combat. The force attacks would overwhelm Obi Wan every single time, he could win one in a million matches. Which would happen to be the match where Palpatine slips over a banana breaks both his legs and his neck, paralysing him.

Darth Avis
obi is smart he will bring a banana duh

Tangible God
And an apple pie for shits and giggles.

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by Fishy
I don't Obi Wan doesn't stand a chance. He is a defensive fighter making it hard for Palpatine to kill him with a lightsaber. But Palpatine sucks with a lightsaber anyways, so its probably for the best that he doesn't face a Soresu master in lightsaber combat. The force attacks would overwhelm Obi Wan every single time, he could win one in a million matches. Which would happen to be the match where Palpatine slips over a banana breaks both his legs and his neck, paralysing him.

Palpatine doesn't suck with a saber, Fishy. He was Mace's equal in saber combat as a duelist (and if you say he owned him in the duel, recall that Mace used a kick to disarm Palpatine, not any maneuver from a saber, thus proving he isn't clearly Palpatine's equal in saber ability. big grin ). In Force powers, there's only one person in the PT who rivals him. Yoda.

Obi-Wan loses in both categories.

Darth_Emodas
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Palpatine doesn't suck with a saber, Fishy. He was Mace's equal in saber combat as a duelist (and if you say he owned him in the duel, recall that Mace used a kick to disarm Palpatine, not any maneuver from a saber, thus proving he isn't clearly Palpatine's equal in saber ability. big grin ). In Force powers, there's only one person in the PT who rivals him. Yoda.

Obi-Wan loses in both categories.

OT but it is debateable that Palpatine lost to Mace. How would he have made Anakin take the final step down the dark path had he spoken to Anakin over Mace's corpse?

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by Darth_Emodas
OT but it is debateable that Palpatine lost to Mace. How would he have made Anakin take the final step down the dark path had he spoken to Anakin over Mace's corpse?

According to the Star Wars site - Mace outmaneuvered Palpatine and bested him ala the KICK. But NO WHERE in the duel did Mace outfight him with a blade. Palpatine was the inferior FIGHTER. But no where does it indicate he was the inferior DUELIST. But if Janus is correct and the Star Wars site is full of many inconsistancies - then perhaps it is still open to interpretation. And it is my mistake. In the PT and OT - Yoda rivaled Palpatine. They were the two most powerful of either side.

And yes, it does make sense that Palpatine would throw the fight - that is just his style. It also makes sense that Mace could've been duped, because Palpatine has an extensive list of people whom he has outsmarted and duped time and time again - Yoda, Dooku, Vader, being just a few.

Dark Nemesis
According to the Star Wars site - Mace outmaneuvered Palpatine and bested him ala the KICK. But NO WHERE in the duel did Mace outfight him with a blade. Palpatine was the inferior FIGHTER. But no where does it indicate he was the inferior DUELIST. But if Janus is correct and the Star Wars site is full of many inconsistancies - then perhaps it is still open to interpretation. And it is my mistake. In the PT and OT - Yoda rivaled Palpatine. They were the two most powerful of either side.

And yes, it does make sense that Palpatine would throw the fight - that is just his style. It also makes sense that Mace could've been duped, because Palpatine has an extensive list of people whom he has outsmarted and duped time and time again - Yoda, Dooku, Vader, being just a few.

Isn't this the umpteenth time you've argued semantics? Didn't you learn before?

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by Dark Nemesis
Isn't this the umpteenth time you've argued semantics? Didn't you learn before?

Janus, don't start. You're the one who preached endlessly how the Star Wars official site couldn't be considered valid. Now, if that is the case, then it is possible that Palpatine did stage the fight. Unless of course you were just arguing the validity of the site when it claimed that Palpatine was too powerful for Yoda too defeat.

And please. Argue where Mace is the superior duelist to Palpatine. I'd love to see your reasoning behind Mace's superior skills with a saber. I really would.

Darth Somebody
Now. All I'm doing, Janus, is simply giving my opinion to Emodus. Mace did NOT - if you watched the movie - express any sort of superior skill with a lightsaber. Unless of course a kick is warrant enough to make Sidious a sucky duelist - I wonder.

Mace did NOTHING that made him the better DUELIST. That's all I'm saying. smile

Dark Nemesis
Now. All I'm doing, Janus, is simply giving my opinion to Emodus. Mace did NOT - if you watched the movie - express any sort of superior skill with a lightsaber. Unless of course a kick is warrant enough to make Sidious a sucky duelist - I wonder.

Mace did NOTHING that made him the better DUELIST. That's all I'm saying. smile

And I'm saying you're wrong.

Mace not beating Sidious in saber combat in under a minute doesn't preclude the possibility that he can. You are arguing semantics, acting like being a better duellist is different from being a better fight. I might remind you that fighting means combative actions against an opponent(s) while duelling means fighting against one other person in a rather controlled environment, usually.

Sidious is not equal or better than Mace in saber skills because you are playing word games. Be realistic- swordfighting includes moves such as backhands, kicks, and even throws. It's not 100% blade combat. That's ridiculous.

Illustrious
Somebody, you've argued semantics with me before, and I told you before that's simply grasping at straws. Mace found an opening and kicked the saber out of Palpatine's hand, it doesn't mean he's incapable of slicing it out of his hand, or incapable of beating him in a "duel."

By the same whim, do you mean that Palpatine isn't a better "duelist" because he used "acrobatics" to dodge Mace's attacks? So Palpatine is the better "acrobat" but not the better "duelist" now?

You can argue semantics endlessly. The fact of the matter is that Palpatine was put on his ass by Mace Windu, he clearly was superior in that instance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.