What was going through your head during the opening sequence?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
Does anyone remember what they were thinking on starting to watch Sith for the first time? I experienced a kind of surreal feeling when "STAR WARS: EPISODE III" came up on the screen, and during the highly absorbing and utterly kick arse opening space battle which had the Force theme in the background I was thinking to myself "Man, they really want Star Wars to go out with a bang".

Stunrun
everytime the drums started to beat, as the camera closed in on the Star Destroyer - lmao! my heart beat was in unisonhappy

DeVi| D0do
Well, I was sick when I went to the movie on opening night so I was thinking... (of my friend sitting next to me) "Dude, hurry up and finish your popcorn in case I need to hurl!"

Stunrun
What was going through your head during the opening sequence?

i know its not the opening scene, but when Jar Jar made his first appearance sick i heard whinney lil kids screaming JAR JAR!........it............quite........literally........went through my head! no messed wacko sick

DarkAge
Originally posted by Stunrun
everytime the drums started to beat, as the camera closed in on the Star Destroyer - lmao! my heart beat was in unisonhappy

I also liked the bit when that huge ship was exploding sort of in the background, the way it wan't the focus of the shot, but more like something you had to keep an eye out for, made it feel as if I was really in the center of the battle. There were vulture droids and laserfire and spaceship parts and all sorts of shit flying all over the place, that was awesome.

ShadowKing
When the Jedi fighters turned over the leading edge of the Republic Battle Cruiser and you see the maelstrom of battle high over Coruscant! I found myself leaning from side to side as they turned and burned.

McCusto
I was like. . ."Sweet!"

~Sir Mist~
eek! shock droolio shock droolio - In that order.

McCusto
Originally posted by ~Sir Mist~
eek! shock droolio shock droolio - In that order.

QFE

vader519
When I saw and heard the opening scene, I was thinking this is it. The last star wars film ever, and I am one of the first people watching right now. Feelings of joy, happiness that the movie was finally here, and sadness that now this is it, and htere is no more hype, no mor anticaplation. The movie was finally here, and we get to see the extermination of the jedi order, the birth of the Galatic Empire, the duel, and the birth of Darth Vader.

Morpheus
Originally posted by vader519
When I saw and heard the opening scene, I was thinking this is it. The last <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=star%20wars" onmouseover="window.status='star wars'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">star wars</a> film ever, and I am one of the first people watching right now. Feelings of joy, happiness that the movie was finally here, and sadness that now this is it, and htere is no more hype, no mor anticaplation. The movie was finally here, and we get to see the extermination of the jedi order, the birth of the Galatic Empire, the duel, and the birth of Darth Vader. raver yes. I felt that to. Knowing this is it. This was my first
mitnight showing. it felt great just beening there with ALL those fans.
I took a pic of ALL of them 2gether. raver

vader519
Morpheus, that was also my first midnight showing for a star wars movie. I am glad I was tehre to experience a star wars midnight showing.

darktim1
My thoughts were don't take eyes off screen for anything and the turned to my friend who had'nt seen any of trailers and said your in for an awesome ride so get ready.

Padawan
I was just sitting there in awe, with a huge grin on my face. It was a total WOW experience. I deliberately did not read up on what was going to happen in this movie so I could experience it in the theater for the first time, not knowing the outcome. Of course, I knew Anakin would become Vader but I didn't know how. I am glad I didn't as the shock of what happened in the end would not have been as great.

But the opening scene, wow, unbelievable!

((The_Anomaly))
I thought, sweet, im watching ROTS

amity75
I was thinking "Lucas, don't f*ck up, don't f*ck up, don't f*ck up." And he didn't.

Darth_fury
i was thinkin yeah!!!!!!!!

but after the film that i saw three times i want the dvd 2 come out

masterkit
When I went there on opening day. I wasnt thinking anything i can remember everyone was cheering.

including me.

muserke
"This is it, the last one. Better be good."

And it was. big grin

mike_oxbig
EDITED

muserke
no expression

I'm gonna have nightmares on that one.

mike_oxbig
i cud have you anyday dont try it mate

muserke
huh

Sure.

mike_oxbig
oh u reckon i cudnt?? anytime, anyplace punk

amity75
What the f**k?

muserke
Originally posted by amity75
What the f**k?
I second that.

masterkit
Im very disturbed

kalsemo
Originally posted by mike_oxbig
i was thinkin 'man my girlfriend has a nice p*ssy' cos i was ****in her on the backseat with my 11 incher, that beauty f*ckin loved it

You have been reported to a moderator.

muserke
Originally posted by kalsemo
You have been reported to a moderator.
I beat ya. stick out tongue

Anyways, I was also thinking 'Damn these Doritos are spicy.' so I gave them to my friend. big grin

Master Shaak Ti
What the f**k? Ok..... I so didnt want to hear about that.

Anyways what I was thinking when the opening sequence was 'Ok this better be good or I want my money back. I just came back from Disney for three days with my band hoping this is gonna be the best one.'

And it was. Only second to Attack Of The Clones. Now I'm just waiting for it to come out on DVD as I've seen it over 5 times now and am still going to see it in my spare time.

Ushgarak
Oxbig, cut that out at once or you will be banned.

muserke
I think he's off, Ush.

masterkit
How many people reported him cuz i did to.

kalsemo
This wasn't exactly at the beginning space-battle sequence of the movie, but at one point I had to get up to go to the bathroom.... I thought, well, I'll just wait until one another obligatory long-drawn out battle scene comes along.... so when the attack on Kashyyyk started I dashed out the theater.... but much to my horror, it was already done when I came back and I missed part of the next sequence! Drat! So much for thinking that Lucas would have drawn out that battle long enough so that those of us who don't care for such scenes can use that time for a moment to excuse ourselves.

Eleonora
I remember thinking how surreal it was to be living a moment that had long been expected (since the first rumours about possible prequels to be precise).

Red Superfly
I was thinking "Wow, this is REALLY REALLY cool!" while also feeling like I was on a Universal Studios ride.

OB1-adobe
I was thinking how stupid my friend was for taking a picture of the opening scroll with his cell phone, and the fact that I had to yell at him to turn it off. And I was wondering why it wasn't loud enough. But yeah I was in pure bliss.

Watching these movies for the first time is not like seeing any other movie in the theater. Its odd, but yet cool seeing a new one. But also being disturbed by the fact that everyone in the room is analyzing and critiqueing it at the same time. That somewhat ruins the expierence for me. Especially when walking out, and the first thing I hear is some saying "that sucked".

pr1983
I was thinking... "Must be better than episode 2, must be better than episode 2..."

jabbar
I was like: drool

Darth Nazgul
I was in awe. BEST SPACE BATTLE EVER! I loved how the camera kind of flowed with movements of Anakin and Obi.
Pure awesomeness

b-dan
when i was a kid i would scream "yayaya" and i was 7 when i saw phatome menace i remebure geting in trouble

master Drallig
The opening scene whas outstanding, my hearrt just got beating faster, with the drumbs and the huge ship, it whas so amazing ...

I almost cried, lol ...

DenKi
i was pissed off basicly...lol

I saw mostly 3 quaters of Revenge of The Sith because of leeked footaged and videos....

stingray005
I remember at the final duel thinking OMG it's almost over. sad

Scarecrow756
I was thinking when the movie open up and the drums roared loudly, I am going to love this movie. And this had better be good, I had not gone on about on about ROTS and how good it was going to be to everybody for nothing.

kalsemo
Originally posted by b-dan
when i was a kid i would scream "yayaya" and i was 7 when i saw phatome menace i remebure geting in trouble

confused1 confused1 confused1

DSA-Vader
Originally posted by DarkAge
Does anyone remember what they were thinking on starting to watch Sith for the first time? I experienced a kind of surreal feeling when "STAR WARS: EPISODE III" came up on the screen, and during the highly absorbing and utterly kick arse opening space battle which had the Force theme in the background I was thinking to myself "Man, they really want Star Wars to go out with a bang".

umm....im gonna watch star wars

Stunrun
umm....go on then

I remember the part where it all kicked off with Mace and Sidious - i was SO caught up in the darkness, and i knew it was going to pretty much down beat from here on. And after looking back at Revenge Of The Sith and the entire Prequel Trilogy - i love it even moresmileGeorge managed to cram in all the drama and darkness into the last half hour of the Prequels, and it was a huge bonus for methumb up because The Phantom Menace and Attack Of The Clones were building up to the point in which we all couldnt wait for - and, when it arrived, i couldnt believe after all these years that i was watching it - The Birth of Darth Vaderhappy

obiwills
I love the opening sequence, having seen it seven times now I'm certain that it's one of the greatest scenes in the movie, the best being the final fight scene between obi wan and anikin because it is in fact the most amazing lightsaber duel in the entire Star Wars series. I think the main reason for this is that Hayden Christensen and Ewan McGregor practiced for hours and actually got so amazingly fast with the lightsabers that against eachother they sometimes moved faster than even Yoda. To me it's the greatest fight scene of all time in any movie.

But anyway, back on topic, during the opening scene I was thinking "Wow and oooh and ahhh" other general unintelligible stuff, the first time I saw it at least. I think the sycronized flying with obi and ani is awesome and I love the explosions and the drumbeat. Altogether it was a truly awesome scene and even contained some humor which I truly enjoyed.

*points to post* gah, I'm starting to sound like a teacher or something blink

DarkAge
I distinclty remember my mouth falling open when Anakin cut both Count Dooku's hands off. When I saw that, I knew for sure it was going to be by far the darkest movie of the series.

obi_wans_beard
I remember sitting there waiting for the soundtrack cue that never came, it completely threw me. It was sensational watching the Jedi starfighters dip in and out of the picture flying in to the battle, and I still get a tingle each time I see it. However I was disappointed at the lack of ship to ship action, i.e. we never got to see Ani or Obi take down any vulture droids just get attacked by buzz droids. The battle really could have used some ship to ship battles (with our heros) like the OT.

SpyCspider
i thought "wow this opening sequence looks like a video game."

But then i started to enjoy it

DiamondBullets
I distinclty remember my mouth falling open when Anakin cut both Count Dooku's hands off. When I saw that, I knew for sure it was going to be by far the darkest movie of the series.

Hell yeah! That shit was dope! It happened fast, which made it cool. Too bad he didn't do that when he was a padawan in that Geonosian hangar--the Clone Wars never woulda happened. And with Obi and Yoda there, Dooku woulda been kept alive.

Stunrun

right at that part, i said to myself, "This is where the fun begins."clap

Sir Mist
Originally posted by obi_wans_beard
I remember sitting there waiting for the soundtrack cue that never came, it completely threw me. It was sensational watching the Jedi starfighters dip in and out of the picture flying in to the battle, and I still get a tingle each time I see it. However I was disappointed at the lack of ship to ship action, i.e. we never got to see Ani or Obi take down any vulture droids just get attacked by buzz droids. The battle really could have used some ship to ship battles (with our heros) like the OT.

Yeah, like wtf? All this fuss over some explosions and big ships? I prefer the Battle of Endor space battle over this oneWhat the f**k?

BAILY
What was going thru Baily's Mind during the OSB?....

(looks around theatre) Looks like I was the only guy who came with a girl who wasnt a relative....

Sir Mist
Originally posted by BAILY
What was going thru Baily's Mind during the OSB?....

(looks around theatre) Looks like I was the only guy who came with a girl who wasnt a relative....

laughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud

Wait, you took your eyes off the screen?What the f**k?

BAILY
Originally posted by Sir Mist
laughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud

Wait, you took your eyes off the screen?What the f**k?

Actually no I didnt.. my gf said my eyes never left the screen.. i never blinked and during the good parts... i would rub my chin with my arm on the armrest.... she laughed at me soo much

Stunrun
u crack me up Bails' laughing out loud

Sir Mist
Actually no I didnt.. my gf said my eyes never left the screen.. i never blinked and during the good parts... i would rub my chin with my arm on the armrest.... she laughed at me soo much

Twas worth itdroolio

*pops ROTS in computer*

What?confused

Stunrun
My mom always used to look over at me to see what i was doing - whether my jaw *literally* dropped at a certain scene, or whether my eyes would mist over eek2 - she laughed like hell on the first showingcry stick out tongue

BAILY
Originally posted by Stunrun
My mom always used to look over at me to see what i was doing - whether my jaw *literally* dropped at a certain scene, or whether my eyes would mist over eek2 - she laughed like hell on the first showingcry stick out tongue

You just made my point Stun.... stick out tongue

bilb
Actually no I didnt.. my gf said my eyes never left the screen.. i never blinked and during the good parts...

my kinda guy drool

ROTS was just the foreplay stick out tongue

BAILY
Originally posted by bilb
my kinda guy drool

ROTS was just the foreplay stick out tongue

Oh baby.... when are we having our picnic again? wink

bilb
Oh baby.... when are we having our picnic again? wink

you name the time & place babeh cool

BAILY
Originally posted by bilb
you name the time & place babeh cool

Now and here.... and now eek!

~ J ~

Yeah I kept thinking........

Oh fu*&^in hell ya this movie is gonna rock!

.................and it did. cool

FistOfThe North
When seeing the initial sequence of the "sith" movie i finally exhaled and thought to myself..."i can now die peacefully".

After the crawl faded and the camera showed the star destroyer followed by what sounded like beating drums only to have anakin and obi wans ship zoom into view with the sw score. it sounded different, as if it were telling me "this is the final movie" but at the same time it was the same beat.

and then when the ships pulled up, out and down into the war over corusant i whispered, "omg" the moment was amazing..

I felt as if i were over corusant literally. The depth of the visual made it seem so fantastically real that it was as if i were up in space that high over Corusant myself. I became a bit dizzy/air sick for 2 seconds and i loved it.

Star Wars Episode 3 is my favorite movie out of the six. Cant wait for the DVD version in Nov.1 along with Battlefront 2...and Empire at War soon after where the Death Star can be used as well.

DarkAge
^You pretty much just summarised what was going through my head perfectly.

koolruningz
I was happy and sad at the same time. Fans everywhere had waited a long time for this and finally it was here. I was glad that i got to finally take my 6yr old son to see SW on the big screen just like my dad took me to see ANH all those years ago.
The opening sequence was mind blowing, the way Anakin and Obi Wan skimmed across that first cruiser and then cleared it to enter the fray was exhilarating. I realised a minute into it that i hadn't taken a breath, the action was so intense. I really loved the way Lucas wrote Obi Wan's and Anakin's friendship, it almost had you wishing for a different ending where they remained friends.
Its an experience I'll never forget and i cant wait for the DVD.
Oh and all of what FistOfTheNorth said. thumb up

Darth Cytoza
i was thinking "hmm...r4 is kinda a loser...now wheres tha duels...this space ship stuf is corny"...but thn tha scene grew on me n now i lyke it cool cool

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Darth Cytoza
i was thinking "hmm...r4 is kinda a loser...now wheres tha duels...this space ship stuf is corny"...but thn tha scene grew on me n now i lyke it cool cool

"?"

Darth_Janus
Thing going through my head:

"Damn, this is Episode III? I thought this was Monster in Law. Oh damn..."

kalsemo
Actually, the whole opening sequence, as COOL as it was, was just a bit too much for me.... it made me somewhat dizzy.... there were just too many things going on all at once, making it hard at times to really focus on all the details.... it was just too much, too fast....

But what I DID like was, when I saw it on the big IMAX screen, there were a few parts when the camera is following behind Anikan and Obi's ships and you get that floating sensation in the pit of your stomach like you are moving along with them and zooming around...... kinda like the physical feeling of being on a roller-coaster.

You just gotta love Star Wars.... what other movies can you honestly say will do that to ya???

Alatopel
My thoughts?

"Don't let Anakin have the first line. Don't let Anakin have the first line. Sajuuk almighty, don't let him have the first line!"

Promptly after that?

"This landing is gonna get pretty interesting."
"Define interesting."
"Oh god, oh god, we're all gonna die."

elfprincess101
omg....... when the title came up with the music in the background i was practically shrieking with excitement!!!!!! lol!!!!! i cried a little bit just cause i was sooooooo excited to be seeing it!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.