Debate 5: Will Hogwarts reopen next year?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RoguePw25
New debate has started!

So let us all know, after reading Book 6, do you think Hogwarts will reopen next year? Try to explain why or why not.

Personally, I don't think it will re-open. After a headmaster dying, come on, that's pretty drastic.

Hermione202
Me neither .
As Rogue said in his spoiler , Dumbledore is dead , so Hogwarts isn't that safe anymore .

I wonder if the parents will even allow the students to go back , as it isn't so safe anymore .

NightCrawler341
It will open, but it doesn't matter because they wont be there really... course I think a you know what is there.

Clovie
lol

okay.... all this spoilers/innuendos are just hilarious ^^

and now seriously Harry said he's not comming back to Hogwarts..so it doesn't matter. or...there will be like two-plots one taken place wherever Harry is and the other back in school

Ken Kenobi
Ok, personally I think it will re-open. Harry, will probably go to Hogwarts early in the year before beginning his quest to find the rest of Lord Voldemorts Horcruxes. Hermione and Ron will go with him I think.

So I think it will be opened, but we won't see much or hear much about it.

Imperial_Samura

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm. I am inclined to believe it will re-open, maybe even as a base of operations, after all really it is one of the few places that could be considered remotely safe from Voldermort and followers.

And besides, there is alot of characters there that over the books have grown to be important, if anything the school could even be seen as a symbol, what with the sorting hats chants about pulling together over the last few books.

And to be honest, I think Harry needs the school, sure he said he won't be coming back, but really, it sounded like the normal reaction of someone who was hurting and looking for revenge. Really, he needs to train up some where safe, as if he can't fight Snape who may or may not have been holding back, then he might struggle with the other challenges. Likewise stability is important, and it's not like he has much experience wandering around finding dangerous things. Look at how Dumbledore struggled with all of his resources and knowledge, in the end it contributed to his death, whether he intended it or not.

And then there is the whole as long as Dumbledore supporters are there Dumbledore will never really be gone, and there is his portrait, which could be handy. Finally there is Voldermort's ties to the place which seems to suggest it will have a part to play, maybe not as major, but still a part

Clovie
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Hmmm. I am inclined to believe it will re-open, maybe even as a base of operations, after all really it is one of the few places that could be considered remotely safe from Voldermort and followers.

And besides, there is alot of characters there that over the books have grown to be important, if anything the school could even be seen as a symbol, what with the sorting hats chants about pulling together over the last few books.

And to be honest, I think Harry needs the school, sure he said he won't be coming back, but really, it sounded like the normal reaction of someone who was hurting and looking for revenge. Really, he needs to train up some where safe, as if he can't fight Snape who may or may not have been holding back, then he might struggle with the other challenges. Likewise stability is important, and it's not like he has much experience wandering around finding dangerous things. Look at how Dumbledore struggled with all of his resources and knowledge, in the end it contributed to his death, whether he intended it or not.

And then there is the whole as long as Dumbledore supporters are there Dumbledore will never really be gone, and there is his portrait, which could be handy. Finally there is Voldermort's ties to the place which seems to suggest it will have a part to play, maybe not as major, but still a part exactly. i was wondering why weren't they talking to portrait version of dumbledore messed

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Clovie
exactly. i was wondering why weren't they talking to portrait version of dumbledore messed

Yes, all indications seem to be the portraits retain the memories and personality of the portrait subject, at least to a degree, so one would think Dumbledore's portrait would be able do do something, anything. Maybe I just like the idea of Harry recieving spell training from a portrait

goddess_susu
I think It will reopen, but I'm almost sure Harry wont go back to Hogwarts because JK said in her interview that that was the last quidditch game of the series, and thats why she made it interesting by having luna commentate

Phoenix
I think it will re-open because it has become a image of hope within the books. No matter what bad things happened, there was always Hogwarts, an escape, a sanctuary, a safe place. I think Harry needs that anchor if he is ever going to defeat Voldie

Syren
yes I agree... Hogwart's is a central setting, perhaps not so much now Harry's on a mission away from the school but definitely still as important, if not more so.

It's already been stated in here (very successfully) that there are many characters tied to Hogwart's who have become extremely important in the last five books, and this, in theory, should be enough to ensure the re-opening of Hogwart's.

Also, with regard to the head dying, I think this holds no significance to whether the school will open again as many heads have died before and Hogwart's stayed open! If they were going to close the school indefinitely for deaths on the premises, surely it would have been closed after Myrtle's death at least?

I also think Harry will return to Hogwart's because, as Phoe said, it's his anchor, the only true anchor to the wizarding world... he has learned all he knows in those walls, met all of his closest friends and allies and most of the important occurrences have happened in the school or grounds. And Hagrid's determination to stay in the school for any pupil who wished to remain makes me believe Harry will go back, if only to see Hagrid (amongst others) and, as Imperial pointed out, the school would be a fantastic 'base of operations' yes

Plus, the books just wouldn't be the same for me without Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry laughing out loud

hotsauce6548
I'm pretty sure that Hogwarts wil re-open. Perhaps Harry will not be a 'regular' student, and go there for support from the members of the Order, and his other business he must go about to destroy Voldemort.

shaber
I expect it will, otherwise what of the a levels and what would the template be like?

PinkDi@monds
i think it will, but the trio and Ginny and such won't go. anyway, Harry said he was gonna go to Godric's Hollow. Where and what is that, anyway?

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by PinkDi@monds
i think it will, but the trio and Ginny and such won't go. anyway, Harry said he was gonna go to Godric's Hollow. Where and what is that, anyway?

You don't know what Godric's Hollow is? It's where James and Lily were killed by Voldemort. I'm not sure where it's at, though...

polowahine4
i agree that it will become kind of a base of operations and that harry will go back and be able to talk to dumbledore in his picture. but he might also go back and use the pensieve. it has a lot of memories that might be useful in harry's quest to get voldemort. idk just a thought.

Director_Joe
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
I'm pretty sure that Hogwarts wil re-open. Perhaps Harry will not be a 'regular' student, and go there for support from the members of the Order, and his other business he must go about to destroy Voldemort.

My thoughts exactly

I don't ever remember reading about Godrics Hollow... When was it mentioned (before book 6)?

Syren
Isn't it first mentioned when Dumbledore is describing exactly what happened to Harry's parents, how 'Sirius' was their secret keeper and how he apparently let slip of their location to Voldemort? So, in PoA I would assume yes Can't find it, my copy is MIA sad

#1Rupert_Lover
Originally posted by Director_Joe
My thoughts exactly

I don't ever remember reading about Godrics Hollow... When was it mentioned (before book 6)?

I think that's where Harry's parents lived. And that is probably where the house lays in ruins.

Syren
thumb up It certainly is.

So was it Gryffindor's home originally?

Clovie
Harry wants to go there to see that house where his parent's were killed..and their graves (at least it's what i understood)

buckbeak
godrics hollow is where his parents graves it says in the 6th book on the second to last page it says he is going to journey there

PinkDi@monds
Originally posted by buckbeak
godrics hollow is where his parents graves it says in the 6th book on the second to last page it says he is going to journey there i know, but i wondered what it really was.

Syren
yes Was it originally Godric's home though?

Clovie
"A note about the name and the connection to Godric Gryffindor:
In (Nr), Rowling seemed to confirm that the two are connected. Here's the exchange:

Q: And I'm going to ask one other question which you'll say isn't clever at all. The significance of the place where Harry and his parents lived, the first name -
A: Godric Gryffindor. Very good, you're a bit good you are, aren't you? "

from
http://www.hp-lexicon.org/wizworld/places/godrics_hollow.html

Syren
laughing out loud That answers my question.. I think blink

Clovie
it is all lexicon says on this matter confused

hotsauce6548
So basically it's somehow related to Godric Gryffindor. Possibly, where he formerly lived. smile

cassi scott
Originally posted by goddess_susu
I think It will reopen, but I'm almost sure Harry wont go back to Hogwarts ugt8r6609r6868that that was the last quidditch game of the series, and thats why she made it interesting by having luna commentate

Kella
Hogwarts has proven unsafe and if it is closed it will be even more unsafe. However, if the school is reopened, which I think it should be...then there is some kind of protection for Harry there. And although he may not be going to school...I think he will return. There is a lot that he needs within those walls.

Just my thoughts.

dangirl234
wat is hogwarts without dumbuledorre anyway no

Syren
But what is the entire series without Hogwart's?

dangirl234
ghghtgh

dangirl234
Originally posted by dangirl234
ghghtgh Originally posted by dangirl234
ghghtgh

dangirl234

dangirl234

dangirl234

Syren
You're going to be warned about spamming... it's not allowed. I suggest you read the rules dear wink

WindDancer
Intentional Spamming is not accept it. dangirl234 take some days off.

Syren
She's restricted with immediate effect? blink I feel bad now embarrasment

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Syren
She's restricted with immediate effect? blink I feel bad now embarrasment

Wasn't your fault; it was hers.

Cheers! happy

Syren
I reported her for spamming, I figured it would be more beneficial than just yelling at her ninja

#1Rupert_Lover
what was that whole "Posted by Dangirl" thing about?

Syren
She was disagreeing with something I said and decided to spam to prove come kind of point... she got banned erm

billbob
Isn't it first mentioned when Dumbledore is describing exactly what happened to Harry's parents, how 'Sirius' was their secret keeper and how he apparently let slip of their location to Voldemort? So, in PoA I would assume yes Can't find it, my copy is MIA sad

billbob
yes but it is also metioned in the sixth book when dumbledore showed harry voldemort talking to his uncle and when it showed that ministry dude trying to arrest voldis uncle

billbob
it is if any of you read the first book recently it states clearly that godrics hollow is were lily and james its page 12 of book 1

Potter124
I think because "the person who dies" that Hogwarts will not open!

Syren
I suppose.. but Hogwart's is definitely a central location for the book, and many characters would have to be axed erm

polowahine4
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura

i agree! besides harry might still need to use the pensieve and some of the other stuff from dubledore. so he might not go back as a student but i think he will go back at some point for more info.

Director_Joe
I've said it before and I'll say it again, 'it won't be year 7 at hogwarts if hogwarts isn't open'...

Syren
yes Agreed... Hogwarts has to open. No discussion really erm

DarkC
Hogwarts will probably open. I say yes.

kobra_fang
I'm a-reckoning that, regardless of whether or not it opens, Voldemort's 'connection' with it means that I think it would be a cool place for a final showdown... Maybe not, maybe the connection was just to show similarities between Harry and Voldemort...

#1Rupert_Lover
Originally posted by DarkC
Hogwarts will probably open. I say yes.

Yes, but will Harry return to Hogwarts if it does? He said at the end of HBP that he wasn't going to come back, Even if it opened back up.

Director_Joe
Originally posted by #1Rupert_Lover
Yes, but will Harry return to Hogwarts if it does? He said at the end of HBP that he wasn't going to come back, Even if it opened back up.

I think he will... Maybe he won't be there as often and he won't attend his classes but I do think he will go there and speak with Dumbledore's portrait... As well as do other things too...

jpupbob
ug of corse there going to reopen i already know cuz if you read the 6th book McGonagle is new head master. but i dont know if harry is going to stayerm i hope he does...

Syren
New head mistress wink

DarkC
Originally posted by #1Rupert_Lover
He said he won't but I still believe that he will at least return once.

dj_bass_blaster
I THINK THEY WILL DEFINITELY OPEN HOGWARTS AGAIN

Syren
yes

Sexi_Cleo
Originally posted by dj_bass_blaster
I THINK THEY WILL DEFINITELY OPEN HOGWARTS AGAIN

They've gotta reopen it otherwise Voldermort will take it over and we all don't want that!!!

Originally posted by kobra_fang
Voldemort's 'connection' with it means that I think it would be a cool place for a final showdown...
I think that is sooo true!!! ESpec when u think bout that fact that Voldermort tried to get a job there!!

Trickster
I think that Harry will return to the school - although I can't imagine him going as a student, or if he does, then any of the teachers even mildly reprimanding him. But, he will continue to learn, all based toward a final showdown with Voldemort (obviously) and I think Hogwarts may become an unofficial second base for the Order, just as Harry will become unofficial leader of the Order.

Any disagreements? With reasons, I hope.

Director_Joe
Just with that last part... The unofficial leader... I'm gonna lean towards no on that one... Though he is the "chosen one" There are much older and stronger wizards in the order... Oh... And I dunno bout Hogwarts becoming a base... Hm... I mean c'mon...

zpeed
:
... many characters tied to Hogwart's who have become extremely important in the last five books, and this, in theory, should be enough to ensure the re-opening of Hogwart's.

... If they were going to close the school indefinitely for deaths on the premises, surely it would have been closed after Myrtle's death at least?

I also think Harry will return to Hogwart's because, as Phoe said, it's his anchor, the only true anchor to the wizarding world...

Plus, the books just wouldn't be the same for me without Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry laughing out loud

Couldn't agree with you more. Plus I refuse to believe that Dumbledore could have died liked that, without explaining why he trusted Snape so much. That part of the storys gotta at least come out. The last few books have raised all too many questions. I'm afraid there are gaps already for me, the last book I hope will come out soon before I completely forget all the others! haha! big grin

Syren
Thanks big grin

I'm reading the first book to my boyf as he never reads and he's really enjoying it embarrasment

darthsith19
I think it will re-open.

There's really no reason for it not to re-open. Students still need to learn and Hogwarts is still safer than most people's homes. I believe it will close down in the middle of the book however, because Voldemort will attack it. A few Order members are there plus Voldemort will want to do something he wasn't able to do last time. After the attack, in which many people will die, nearly all the students will be pulled from Hogwarts from their parents. To few students will be left at Hogwarts for it to saty opened.

ukpc5
well it might open so harry can go back(even thought he said he won't)
but if it close the others can help harry

Trickster
Originally posted by Director_Joe
Just with that last part... The unofficial leader... I'm gonna lean towards no on that one... Though he is the "chosen one" There are much older and stronger wizards in the order... Oh... And I dunno bout Hogwarts becoming a base... Hm... I mean c'mon...

Fair enough, I just tossed that in there as a last thought. THe base, though - I think either Harry will be staying there, or there will be no need for the school to be open. If Harry's not there, Hogwarts wouldn't feature nearly so much - and it wouldn't be his seventh year of school!

justme185
i believe that she might use the reopening of the school as a way to finish the story, like a new begining

Syren
I think the final showdown will be Godric's Hollow...

potty4potter
i think dumbledore will come back as a ghost like nearly-headless nick, and then harry will occasionally go to hogwarts to speak to him. coz harry has to go and kill voldermart and cant attend hogwarts. even if it does open!!

Syren
Wasn't there something Nearly Headless Nick said about ghosts choosing to come back because of unfinished business? I always wondered why Sirius didn't return, obviously given the choice there was no way he would have opted to cross over, so I still think Sirius is alive (but that's a different discussion), so in this case perhaps DD will return as a ghost. If he is indeed dead which I sincerely do not believe roll eyes (sarcastic)

shaber
Probably will, but to fewer students attending. Am I the only one here old enough to have attended when it was definitely running at full capacity during HBP (I would have been a first year) and before then?

Syren
How do you mean?

You're 6 months older than me wink

shaber
I infer that if Hogwarts existed AND if I were magic msn-oh I would have started in the HBP year (in the 90s). We don't know if Hogwarts was still running after the fiasco that summer so anyone younger would not have gone at all even under the impossible circumstances.

scooby doo 12
dose anyone think that ginny will fo with harry

scooby doo 12
dose anyone think that ginny will go with harry smile smile smile

shaber
She might follow him.

queenkelly25y
I think that Hogwarts will certainly open. McGonagall will make a great headmistress. Besides...it would be a pretty boring book if there was not Hogwarts. I don't think Harry will go back to school but the school will definitly be open.

Syren
Originally posted by shaber
I infer that if Hogwarts existed AND if I were magic msn-oh I would have started in the HBP year (in the 90s). We don't know if Hogwarts was still running after the fiasco that summer so anyone younger would not have gone at all even under the impossible circumstances.

yes I see... so, you and I at Hogwarts together, which house would you have been in?

shaber
oops, got my sums wrong, I would have been 11-12 in OoTP academic year (1995-1996) and the cut off point for academic year grouping is September birthdays.

Syren
So, which house... never mind the year stick out tongue

cameron666
I really think the last book will be the worst.

Syren
Agreed... but hopefully there will be a few glowing moments.

kobra_fang
Especially if Snape dies a painful death. Trustworthy or not, I still don't like him...

Syren
I disagree, if he's innocent he deserves recognition and if he's guilty, only then does he deserve death.

kobra_fang
But if Harry is responsible, is he going to listen to whether he's innocent or not? If Harry corners him somehow... maybe JK won't make Harry too dark. Whatever. I just don't like him.

Syren
I hope Harry would give Snape the chance to prove himself, if Dumbledore has taught him anything it's to evaluate situations and be objective.

HPRox90
Agreed!!!

kobra_fang
Okay, yeah you are right. Point conceded. Harry oughtn't kill Snape. I still don't like him though...

Syren
laughing out loud Wonderful... so you think someone else should? laughing out loud

kobra_fang
Well, he's betrayed one side or the other, or both... it might happen.

Syren
yes I think so too... although I sincerely hope he is able to clear his name and help Harry before he is savagely murdered for his disloyalty.

HPRox90
I think that Snape should pay for what he did if it wasn't just staged or something, but I don't think he should die. I wouldn't want Harry to become a murderer. Send him to Azkaban for life or something. He's not worth it, although he must at least go under the highest security at Azkaban for what he did to Dumbledore.

Syren
IF it was real, IF he wasn't just doing as DD directed. I think it's all part of a master plan. We should really start giving credit where credit's due, to the characters and the author.

kobra_fang
I think it's all part of a master plan.
Yeah, I agree totally.

We should really start giving credit where credit's due, to the characters and the author.
You are so right. When you look at the books so far, you realise just how far ahead JK would actually have had to plan. Every book impresses me more. (Thinking mainly about her tiny-detail-later-revealed-to-be-significant thing that seems to be going on.)

ThePureWalker
It will re-open if it doesnt it will be cutting out to many characters out of the book and Dumbledore died for nothing sure he died for Snape to get close to Voldemort and to Get Harry Pumped to kill him but Dumbledores main Priorty is the education of the students of Hogwarts now he wouldnt let himself be killed if he knew the school wouldnt re-open

tracygarrett
I can see it both ways...but in all actuality, Hogwarts doesn't NEED to re-open. Harry has already learned everything he needs. I think the 7th book will focus mainly on the Order. Hogwarts isn't a safe place for the students/faculty, the Death Eaters got in, didn't they? We know that 17 Grimmauld Place is Harry's, so the Order could go there. No, this year is going to have to be spent searching for, and destroying the remaining Horcruxes...

alesha1
Originally posted by tracygarrett
I can see it both ways...but in all actuality, Hogwarts doesn't NEED to re-open. Harry has already learned everything he needs. I think the 7th book will focus mainly on the Order. Hogwarts isn't a safe place for the students/faculty, the Death Eaters got in, didn't they? We know that 17 Grimmauld Place is Harry's, so the Order could go there. No, this year is going to have to be spent searching for, and destroying the remaining Horcruxes... well, they will have to re-open Hogwarts, i mean harry has his whole life there and he would be able to go back for help, and DD picture is there so he could talk to him. but, like tracygarrett said Hogwarts isn't really safe anymore now that DD is gone. Harry's parents house is prob. gone now so what is the point of going back to the place where he lived there will be a new house in it's place. i can see what he means about going to the graveyard though. i really don't think it is about any master plan either. wink DD like in the book was pleading to snape and snape could have grabbed Draco and ran. he didn't have to kill DD right then and there.

HorseRiderxoxo
I think Hogwarts will open next year. But Harrys not going back to Hogwarts.

div
emm actually its no 12 Grimmauld place not 17...hehee sorry had to point tht out ...not tryin to offend ne 1

tracygarrett
haha, sorry about the typo....I think I was thinking about the 7th book and typed a 7 instead of a 2...

Can the portrait of Dumbeldore be moved? Or do the headmaster portraits have the same charm that Sirius' mom's portrait employed? B/c if that's the only reason why Hogwarts has to open (for Harry and Co. to get info from Dumbledore's portrait), it's pretty weak, and I don't buy it.

On a side note, do you think Snape had a look of hatred on his face before killing Dumbledore b/c maybe he hated doing it or hated Voldemort himself, or possibly even Narcissa and Bellatrix for putting him in that position in the first place? Or maybe he hated Dumbledore for a reason other than what we think. In another thread I posted the idea that Dumbledore and Snape had made an unbreakable vow/promise/oath of their own where Snape was asked to, under no circumstances, allow Draco to kill Dumbledore. Also to protect Draco and all other students (but most especially Harry). Perhaps, then, Snape was filled with hatred towards Dumbledore for bringing it upon him to kill the headmaster. That would also explain why he didn't go on killing and merely deterred any spell Harry sent after him, and never attacking Harry himself...In that scenario, Snape is a double agent for the Order and for the Death Eaters as he is VERY accomplished at occulemency (sp? closing his mind) so that even the dark lord himself can not penetrate his thoughts. This way he can tell the people in the Order the important things he hears.

kobra_fang
if that's the only reason why Hogwarts has to open (for Harry and Co. to get info from Dumbledore's portrait), it's pretty weak, and I don't buy it.
I think it will re-open. People will want their education. The Ministry sent out those leaflets on self-defence, but people will want to learn how to properly protect themselves. That could be a reason for opening. Plus, I want to see if the DADA job's curse is lifted after LV is killed.

In that scenario, Snape is a double agent for the Order and for the Death Eaters as he is VERY accomplished at occulemency
That was one thing that made me think he was really a traitor. LV is supposed to be the most accomplished Ligilimens in the world, and Snape would have to be a really good Occlumens to deter LV. He doesn't seem to be a very good Ligilimens, though, as Draco was able to keep Snape out of his thoughts at a time when he must have been angry at Snape for trying to interfere with the plot to kill DD, so not concentrating on Occlumency much...

Dead_man_wanted
of course it will
why wouldnt it eh??
I belive that a better principal will come
c'mon think about it a Head Master head of all magicians
gettin killed by a stupid half blood potions teacher??
then this means Dumbledore aint that smart!!

alesha1
haha, sorry about the typo....I think I was thinking about the 7th book and typed a 7 instead of a 2...

Can the portrait of Dumbeldore be moved? Or do the headmaster portraits have the same charm that Sirius' mom's portrait employed? B/c if that's the only reason why Hogwarts has to open (for Harry and Co. to get info from Dumbledore's portrait), it's pretty weak, and I don't buy it.

On a side note, do you think Snape had a look of hatred on his face before killing Dumbledore b/c maybe he hated doing it or hated Voldemort himself, or possibly even Narcissa and Bellatrix for putting him in that position in the first place? Or maybe he hated Dumbledore for a reason other than what we think. In another thread I posted the idea that Dumbledore and Snape had made an unbreakable vow/promise/oath of their own where Snape was asked to, under no circumstances, allow Draco to kill Dumbledore. Also to protect Draco and all other students (but most especially Harry). Perhaps, then, Snape was filled with hatred towards Dumbledore for bringing it upon him to kill the headmaster. That would also explain why he didn't go on killing and merely deterred any spell Harry sent after him, and never attacking Harry himself...In that scenario, Snape is a double agent for the Order and for the Death Eaters as he is VERY accomplished at occulemency (sp? closing his mind) so that even the dark lord himself can not penetrate his thoughts. This way he can tell the people in the Order the important things he hears. i think that there is a sticking charm on the back on the portrait, but what i was thinking is remember when the pictures moved form their 1st picture to their 2nd? mabey harry could have dumbledoor's second picture. Happy Dance and i really do think that snape hated dumbledoor, because in the begining of the book when he was talking to the sisters he said he had just been using DD. well if Snape made a Unbreakable Vow with DD and DD told him to not let Draco kill him,then he knew of Voldemort's plan. well he blocked all of harry's spells because he knew that Voldemort wanted to kill Harry by himself.

Englishpin@pple
who cares if it will reopen or not harry and co. isnt going there

anyway

HPRox90
I think that they will go back there at least once, but not to learn anything. There might be a Horcux there.

alesha1
Originally posted by HPRox90
I think that they will go back there at least once, but not to learn anything. There might be a Horcux there. WHAT HORCUX!!!??? mad

HPRox90
There's still one Horcux left that they never figured out. It's supposedly from either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw.

mrblack
i think it will re open cause it wont be a harry potter book with out hogwarts

Englishpin@pple
There's still one Horcux left that they never figured out. It's supposedly from either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw.

and the huffulpuff and slyerin

bballchick_21_1
i thnk it will but i heard that hermine loves weasley!!!!!!!!!! but i dont think its true do u think it does???

HPRox90
Originally posted by Englishpin@pple
and the huffulpuff and slyerin

Yes, but I think that Slytherin's locket will either still be at Grimmauld Place or with Mundungus. Hufflepuff's cup might be at Hogwart's, though.

harrypothead
all right, all right this is my take yes hogwarts will reopen but, maybe it will be closed due to the ministry which this will give time for harry to find the horocroxes and destroy the remaing ones and find R.A.B with ron and hermione maybe one of the three will die as a big twist (hopefully not) then harry will have to distroy voldmort and after that hogwarts will reopen. (posibility sirus might come back as a goast and Dumbledore is still at hogwarts in the headmistrisses office in the gold frame so techniclie he can go any where a picture frame is in the school)

alesha1
There's still one Horcux left that they never figured out. It's supposedly from either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. yeh, but people are saying it is the tiara

alesha1
Yes, but I think that Slytherin's locket will either still be at Grimmauld Place or with Mundungus. Hufflepuff's cup might be at Hogwart's, though. i don't think the locket is with mundiungus, it might be at grimmauld place

^^[leane]
Originally posted by bballchick_21_1
i thnk it will but i heard that hermine loves weasley!!!!!!!!!! but i dont think its true do u think it does???

of cours its true !! and do u know that ron lovs hermione too ?

and i dnt see why hogwarts would close i think harry etc will still go to hogwarts

malobolo
Well, the books are seven, and so are the years in Hogwarts. Coincidence? I dont think so! So i bet the school will reopen and that Harry is going to be there as a "regular" student, but with more "freedom of movement"

About the portrait idea i think is just lame, and thats for a simple reason: As DD say, every death director has the possibility to walk from one of their portraits to another to help the new director, even if they dont like it. And there is a reason than DD is going to be the most informed character in the last book: The chocolate toads!! and thats why he was always so concerned about him being pulling out of em.

So Harry wont have to go to the portrait in the Directors office, just look at his card and talk to it (but he is very slow so i bet he wont notice that until the chapter 20 or something...)

alesha1
Originally posted by malobolo
Well, the books are seven, and so are the years in Hogwarts. Coincidence? I dont think so! So i bet the school will reopen and that Harry is going to be there as a "regular" student, but with more "freedom of movement"

About the portrait idea i think is just lame, and thats for a simple reason: As DD say, every death director has the possibility to walk from one of their portraits to another to help the new director, even if they dont like it. And there is a reason than DD is going to be the most informed character in the last book: The chocolate toads!! and thats why he was always so concerned about him being pulling out of em.

So Harry wont have to go to the portrait in the Directors office, just look at his card and talk to it (but he is very slow so i bet he wont notice that until the chapter 20 or something...) but they never said anything aboutpeople in the cholocate cards talking, did they?

kobra_fang
No, they didn't. A photograph can't talk, but a portrait can.

malobolo
But i believe DD say remove my portrair from the Chocolate toads, but i can be wrong for one reason, Ive read it in spanish. And in spanish he said portrait, sure about that

^^[leane]
Originally posted by kobra_fang
No, they didn't. A photograph can't talk, but a portrait can.

yep ... but i think the choclate tode thing has somthin to do with DD

kobra_fang
I thought the bit about DD not wanting to be removed from the Chocolate Frog cards was a joke. You know how crazy Dumbledore is.

Tank115
IT will open because The books are about harry's 7 years at hogworts thats what jkr said when she started the books.

the_ANTI
well, it might, b/c some parents will believe that their home is just as dangerous as hogwarts, so they will let their kids go to hogwarts. others may just want to stay with their families for as long as possible, so they won't let their kids return. it is probably going to shut down, but after voldemort dies, it will reopen. and we know that voldemort will die, because if he doesn't, the world dies. and no author would let that happen. expecially if alot of kids are going to read it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.