September Debate Suggestions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RoguePw25
All right, here's the place to throw out a couple of ideas for the September debate. Here are a few ones from the August voting:

* Happy Birthday Harry! - Will something big happen as Harry comes of age?

* Significance of Luna
* The Death of Book Six
* Outcome of the series

If you have any other suggestions, go right ahead and say it. Also, any comments about the suggestions already is welcomed as well. wink

Syren
The significance of Blaise Zabini?

I appreciated the fact that there seemed to be a few hints at his liking (perhaps) of Ginny... maybe he will be incorporated into the 7th book in a much more prominent fashion? Plus, I like his character.... intriguing big grin

Also, out of all of the 'favourites' in Slughorn's compartment on the Hogwart's Express, he seemed to have the most references, so hopefully JK will elaborate a little more in the 7th book.

Director_Joe
Is Snape evil or not??? I know every one has an opinion bout that...

DarkC
I still don't care if Snape's evil or not. I want to shove a poisonous spider down his pants.

Syren
laughing out loud I think he's not evil, I just believe he's capable of extreme coldness in the face of such tragedy. He did what he had to in order to ensure LV still trusted him... killing DD was the ultimate test.

DanZeke25
Originally posted by Syren
The significance of Blaise Zabini?

I appreciated the fact that there seemed to be a few hints at his liking (perhaps) of Ginny... maybe he will be incorporated into the 7th book in a much more prominent fashion? Plus, I like his character.... intriguing big grin

Also, out of all of the 'favourites' in Slughorn's compartment on the Hogwart's Express, he seemed to have the most references, so hopefully JK will elaborate a little more in the 7th book.

nah... i couldnt give two sh*ts about Blaise Zabini

Syren
Ok, so because you couldn't care less about Blaise, that automatically means no one does? erm

DanZeke25
Ok, so because you couldn't care less about Blaise, that automatically means no one does? erm

no stick out tongue

but if i dont care about something, nobody else should. cause im the best. stick out tongue

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic) You obviously have no idea who you are talking to nono

Kidding.... anyway, I'd like a discussion about Blaise, if not an actual debate big grin

cole2005
how bout where harry and voldemort have there final fight?

Syren
yes That's a good one... I think it'll be at Godric's Hollow, where Voldemort tried to kill Harry before.

DarkC
Originally posted by DanZeke25
no stick out tongue

but if i dont care about something, nobody else should. cause im the best. stick out tongue
Meet Queen Syren.

Coonskin 13
Is Snape really evil?
Is Harry a horcrux?
Will Harry go back to school?
(a few suggestions.)

Director_Joe
Okay, honestly, Harry being a horcrux is the most supid thing in the world. I'm not saying that he isn't one... It would be a brilliant idea on Voldemorts part but it just wouldn't make sense. And why would Voldemort want to destroy a part of his soul??? Though the whole "Voldemort is part of you" thing could mean that there is a part of his soul in Harry I still think it is a horrible idea...

Back on topic though... Here's one: Will Draco stay on the "Dark Side"? Or will he join the Rebellion... Oh this is starting to sound like Star Wars... sorry....

Coonskin 13
Originally posted by Director_Joe
Okay, honestly, Harry being a horcrux is the most supid thing in the world. I'm not saying that he isn't one... It would be a brilliant idea on Voldemorts part but it just wouldn't make sense. And why would Voldemort want to destroy a part of his soul??? Though the whole "Voldemort is part of you" thing could mean that there is a part of his soul in Harry I still think it is a horrible idea...
Thats why its gotta be a debate topic. Theres lots to discuss about it.

Syren
laughing out loud Malfoy changing his colours... that would be totally cool.

DarkC
laughing out loud Malfoy changing his colours... that would be totally cool.
Yeah, that would be one hell of a big novelty.

Syren
I definitely think a discussion about Snape's loyalties would be good, also whether DD is actually dead big grin

Coonskin 13
Hes dead.

DarkC
I definitely think a discussion about Snape's loyalties would be good, also whether DD is actually dead big grin
A.)Snape said the incantation out loud
B.)He fell off the Astronomy tower, which is pretty damn high

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by DarkC

But why did he fly off, that is the question! stick out tongue

Hermione202
Maybe the curse didn't hit him . I t could have hit the locket instead , and the impact of that could have caused him to fall of the astronomy tower. Maybe he wasn't killed because of the curse , but because he fell off the astronomy tower . Snape intended to kill DD , but the locket prevented that , yet DD still died , from falling off the tower .

Does anyone understand what i'm saying ?

Syren
Originally posted by DarkC

So, Snape could very well have used an entirely different incantation under his breath, there were many references to this throughout the book... Rowling never makes pointless references big grin

DD may already have been feeling the effects of the Draught of Living Death, which I believe he drank from the basin in the cave. It is mentioned that he landed in a sleeping position... another reference which should not be ignored.

Have you read my theory? Hotsauce and I have been piecing things together... along with a few other people.

And yes, I also think there's a chance Snape's curse hit the locket in DD's pocket, causing the impact that shot him off the tower...

Sexi_Cleo
Well it looks like the debate has started alreayd!! May I add that I cried my eyes out when I finally finished it?? (4 1/2 hours personal best!)

I love the subject bout snape is he evil or not?!?! And we should definetly talk bout Malfoy!

What about Voldermorts obsession with all things to do with the hogwarts founders?

And i think it would be great to talk bout all the relationships that are developing!!

Unicor777
Yep, the Malfoy debate will be good, cause the others are in way a bit exosted, many thread opended already.

Or, what about:

-Who will be the next Headmaster or Headmistress in Hogwarts

-Will Ron die ?(Harry has been losing his best friends since book 5 onwards, so it might be Ron's time to go?)

- What will Harry do after the defeat of Voldermort?

- Who will lead the Order

div
i think we should all have a big inter house party for harrys next birthday
fun

The Phantom
Originally posted by Hermione202
Maybe the curse didn't hit him . I t could have hit the locket instead , and the impact of that could have caused him to fall of the astronomy tower. Maybe he wasn't killed because of the curse , but because he fell off the astronomy tower . Snape intended to kill DD , but the locket prevented that , yet DD still died , from falling off the tower .

Does anyone understand what i'm saying ? I get it. It is just that DD's ending sucked.

Originally posted by Unicor777
Yep, the Malfoy debate will be good, cause the others are in way a bit exosted, many thread opended already.

Or, what about:

-Who will be the next Headmaster or Headmistress in Hogwarts

-Will Ron die ?(Harry has been losing his best friends since book 5 onwards, so it might be Ron's time to go?)

- What will Harry do after the defeat of Voldermort?

- Who will lead the Order Mcgonnagal(sp?) is the next Headmistress, since she is Deputy Headmistress... also that she did take over the Headmaster/mistress room. I like the thing on Ron dying, sounds interesting. The thing with Harry doing after Voldemort should be saved for more till book 7 comes out. The last one I can't comment on much.

alma negra
i like the idea of "will ron die?" and "how did DD die?"

DanZeke25
How about the Dabate about the supposed confirmation of RAB?

Coonskin 13
Originally posted by Unicor777

Maybe just a who will die thread would be better?

I wondered about this one myself...................... as far as I know the only surviving original members of the order are
-Dedaleus Diggle
-Sturgis Podmore
-Lupin
-Moody
-Possibly Abeforth dumbledore
-Elphias Doge
-Hagrid

Maybe Moody? He'd be the best choice I think.

^^[leane]
i know its off topic offtopic ... but id lik harry to be an animagus ... an malfoy or ron would get out on date with hermione ...

if harry becoms an animagus ... wat animal would he be .???

maniam3
why does every body worry about dd bein dead he will be in the painting in the headmasters room

air
I think most likely because the majority of people believe that Hogwarts will be playing a very insignificant role (if any) in Book 7 and therefore the headmasters room will be seen even less, therefore very little of Dumbledore shall be seen from that painting anyway, there HAS to be other pictures though right? I mean Dumbledore was the BEST wizard in the world! And to be truthful a painting dont compare in anyway with the real thing after all Jk said (somewhere) that a painting is just the personality of the wizard not an identical copy on a painting or something like that!!

malobolo
I think that better than the who will die debate, would be a who will SURVIVE one!

Im sure there is going to be a lot of deaths in the last book. An both sides would take casualties, so thats a better debat topic, at least for me.

In the other side i would like to dabate about which one of the dead eaters will die, and wich ones would end in Azkaban

The Evil One

^^[leane]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.