Palpatine vs. these two

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Thor
Palpatine vs. ROTS obi & ROTS Anakin. This is in Palpatine's office. Palp has slaughtered Mace Windu and Yoda. Anakin is really pissed ooff now and is looking for revenge

Darth Somebody
Obi-Wan -

Obi-Wan is the more patient and experienced of himself and Anakin. He rarely makes grievious errors. And though he severely lacks Anakin's raw power and brutal strength in the Force, he makes up with it for battle intellect and precision. He is, somewhat, like a younger Count Dooku.

Anakin -

Anakin is hotheaded, ridiculously over-tempered, and outrageously arrogant. He lacks Obi-Wan's experience and precision. He does, however, have ENORMOUS raw power (the likes of which overwhelm those in the Prequel Movies) and his blows are swift and strong. He is a tornado of Force-nature.

Palpatine -

Revenge of the Sith has shown Palpatine to not only be arguably the prequel's most powerful Force user, but he is also extremely skilled with a saber. Capable of wiping out three Jedi Masters in less than a minute, and going head-to-head with the likes of Mace Windu and Master Yoda. If this were one on one, it is widely speculated he'd grind Obi-Wan or Anakin to dust. The effect is probably the same, even as a team, though they would possibly be a difficult fight. We've seen that they both fight expertly together.

Palpatine takes this. I dunno by how much. Either by a mile or an inch.

Darth Windu
This has been done twice. And Palpatine owns them easily. Anakin hasn't reached his full power yet, so several people are more powerful.

darthsith19
The Jedi. Either of them alone could nearly defeat Palpatine, so.

Darth Somebody
Rofl. Of course they do.

Bobafetty
Did you guy's see RAW! Y2J got fired!!!!!!!!! F**K! IM SO PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth_Frobo
the two together are equal to palpatine, obi's intelligence, their combined saber skill and the fact it's two of them, however palps still has more force knowledge and anakins stupidity cancels out obi's intelligence, jedi are pwned.

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Bobafetty
Did you guy's see RAW! Y2J got fired!!!!!!!!! F**K! IM SO PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, your back!
Anyway, Jedi get force pwned.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Bobafetty

Hehehehe!

Nai Fohl
If this would be a fair fight without having Sidious pulling some tricks out of his hat Anakin and Obi-Wan will take that as a team.

Sidious might be a nice force practicioner but he isn't a great duellist and I don't think he has a chance vs Anakin and Obi-Wan at once.

Darth Sparhawk
I want to say that Palpy will win, but against the two of them... no way, only if he can seduce Anakin to the Dark Side...

Darth Somebody
Lol I've never seen Nai say Sidious can beat anyone in a fight. The rate he's going, in his sick little deluded mind, Gunray could take Sidious.

Sidious would outsmart Anakin and then kill him. Anakin doesn't have a track record for intelligence that often. Anakin would be rash and then very headstrong. Sidious outmatches both Obi-Wan and Anakin overall, and especially in Force ability.

Then, once Anakin was struck down, Obi-Wan would be overpowered.

Sesse
Yodas Wisdom + Sidious' lightsaber skills + Anakins midi's....
The ultimate Jedi.

But to the topic.

Depends, It is a dull fact, that none of those "Jedi masters" who perished agains sidious had propably NEVER had a real lightsaber duel... Not eaven Mace.

I don't know about EU, but in the films the sith have been extincted for a millenia. In episode 3, only Jedi's with some combat experience against a sith are Obi-wan, Anakin and Yoda. No other duels in these movies...

Just a cold fact.

Supprised to see that these seem to be the ONLY JEDI who survived the prequels...

Fishy
Well two of the three Jedi survived, one wasn't a Jedi anymore. But back on topic, others had combat experience. But Anakin and Obi are just not powerful enough to do anything against Sidious.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Lol I've never seen Nai say Sidious can beat anyone in a fight. The rate he's going, in his sick little deluded mind, Gunray could take Sidious.

Sidious would crush pretty many people in a straight fight. In the movies: all people except Yoda, Mace, Dooku (1vs1). But this - I don't know if you've seen this, is no 1vs1.
And btw. "sick and deluded" mind ? Very nice.

This is Anakin with Obi-Wan on his side who keeps him calm. And they are teaming up against somebody who had (just to repeat it):

- no training with a lightsaber for a long time
- no force powers to kill one of them instandly

So he can either choose to engage both in lightsaber combat (which he won't survive) or toast one of them while the other shreds him (which he won't survive too). If this is Sidious jumping out of his chair to kill some people (as he did when the Jedi Master came to arrest him) he might kill Obi-Wan and Anakin. In a "fair" fight ?No way.

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
Sidious would crush pretty many people in a straight fight. In the movies: all people except Yoda, Mace, Dooku (1vs1). But this - I don't know if you've seen this, is no 1vs1.
And btw. "sick and deluded" mind ? Very nice.

This is Anakin with Obi-Wan on his side who keeps him calm. And they are teaming up against somebody who had (just to repeat it):

- no training with a lightsaber for a long time
- no force powers to kill one of them instandly

So he can either choose to engage both in lightsaber combat (which he won't survive) or toast one of them while the other shreds him (which he won't survive too). If this is Sidious jumping out of his chair to kill some people (as he did when the Jedi Master came to arrest him) he might kill Obi-Wan and Anakin. In a "fair" fight ?No way.

1. M'kay. Sidious beat three Jedi Masters all fighting against him. That wasn't 1v1 - and he still won. I'd say he is better against one against many than one on one. I'm not saying his saber skills suck, but he's no Dooku in that sense. His style is odd and ambigious. And we've seen him do well against multiple enemies.

2. Yes, you do have a sick and deluded mind. Calling me a "goddamn fanboy" is enough to warrant me a chance to lash at you back. Except without profanity.

3. His Force powers are beyond Obi-Wan's and Anakin's. His skills with a saber are also beyond both of theirs (not combined, rather). So let us look at the advantages here.

Anakin and Obi-Wan:
- Teamwork efficiency
- Great Saber skills
- Great Force mastery
- Endurance
- Superior strength

Darth Sidious
- Superior Force mastery
- Superior Saber skills
- Superior speed (I THINK. This may be wrong)

Hmmm. Well, maybe you're right afterall. The odds look in Obi-Wan and Anakin's favor. See? And you think I'm stubborn. However, Obi-Wan and Anakin WILL need to be on top of their game. Sidious would own either of them one-on-one. So if he incapacitates one (Dooku did it to Obi-Wan easily, so I know Sidious could ala ROTS), he will easily overpower the other.

Sorry, Nai. It might be hard to accept, but if Sidious plays his cards right, he'd own these two. They certainly wouldn't own him.

So I dunno. Obi-Wan and Anakin may win afterall.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
1. M'kay. Sidious beat three Jedi Masters all fighting against him. That wasn't 1v1 - and he still won. I'd say he is better against one against many than one on one. I'm not saying his saber skills suck, but he's no Dooku in that sense. His style is odd and ambigious. And we've seen him do well against multiple enemies.

That was no fight. It was an action of sheer assasination skills. Did one of the Jedi Masters really "fight" Sidious ? No...they got killed in a surprise attack. The only times when we saw Sidious "fighting" were the 1vs1 against Yoda and Mace. And the only "fair" fight he lost in less than a minute. What a great swordsman.

Force powers: Yes.
Saber skills: No way.

Where should he have that "saber skills" from ? Obi-Wan and Anakin spend 3 years in the clone wars, fighting people like Dooku, Ventress, Grievous and entire armies of droids. They both had regular practice (against each other / against other force users) and still you say that Sidious had a greater lightsaber skill. We saw that he is by far inferior to Mace.

Well...the result of the fight between the duo and Dooku was finally a dead Dooku (although he didn't give everything he had). Now Dooku was the superior duellists and as I said - Sidious might put one of the two out of the fight but the other - in this case - will kill him for sure. Or he tries to engage them both in lightsaber combat. But...hey...if Dooku had a hard time with them Sidious won't probably survive this.

And I never said they would "own" Sidious. I only said they will somehow manage to kill him without one of them being killed.

Captain REX
My money is on Palpatine. Yoda himself said that Obi-Wan was no match for the Emperor, so Palpatine would take him out quickly, and then Anakin had not reached full potential, though he was a great swordsman and powerful Force-user, so he would be down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.