Slightly Stoopid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
If you're into Sublime, Long Beach Dub Allstars, et al. then you should be down with the chill-chill-punk-reggae-dub-schism that is Slightly Stoopid...

I love Sublime, but there's only so many times you can listen to Badfish, Caress Me Down, Wrong Way, What I Got, etc...They're all classics, but variety is the lemon and salt on your fish. I originally seeked out solace in Long Beach Dub Allstars, but they eventually struck me as Sublime-lite. Then, by chance in a surf shop, I happened to hear a little song by the name of 'Mellow Mood'...Holy shit! If you haven't heard this song yet, then do so NOW! NOW NOW! There isn't a sweeter, more chilled song available. It'll immediately make you want to get quality with ya beatch. After that, you can go loco to any of the tunes on 'The Longest Barrel Ride' - They're all good and they've all got that reggae/punk/dub vibe that Sublime OWNED.

The one travesty is a song called 'Sweet Honey', which is off of their newest album. It sounds like Pato Banton mixed with some diKK-boyband crapola.

Other than that, get these:

Acoustic Roots
The Longest Barrel Ride

Anyone else diggin it?

SlipknoT
Slightly Stoopid are no where near as good as sublime...All my friends like SS..Dont know why though

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Of course they're not as good as Sublime! Sublime were freaks, but Slightly Stoopid have caught some of their vibe and I'm gonna roll with it...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I just want to qualify that last statement by saying that Slightly Stoopid's cover of 'Leaving On A Jet Plane' is one of the most horrible things I've ever heard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.