Dooku & Windu vs. Yoda & Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Thor
Good match IMO. They duel in the Jedi Temple. Lets assume all the Jedi were wiped out and Yoda joined the dark side. and Dooku turned back to the light. Who wins?

MAKASHIMAN
Hey man I am not trying to be a jerk but it's been done before I wanted to tell you nicely because nobody else her will be merciful. (except Dipsit or Glentract)

Dark Thor
what the sh*T???????? Oh forgive me, guys

darthsith19
Yoda could take Dooku, Palpatine could take Mace. Or vica-versa.

Sorgo
Originally posted by darthsith19
Yoda could take Dooku, Palpatine could take Mace. Or vica-versa.

Dooku would whoop Palpatine, then Yoda would whoop Mace, and then Yoda and Dooku would battle it out.

Who knows who would win. I lean to Yoda though, with 850 years of Experience and all.

Nai Fohl
First possibility:

Dooku vs Sidious > Dooku
Windu vs Yoda > Yoda
Yoda vs Dooku > Yoda

Second possibility:

Windu vs Sidious > Windu
Yoda vs Dooku > Yoda
Windu vs Yoda > Yoda

So Yodas team wins with Sidious dead.

Darth Somebody
--Mace Windu vs Darth Sidious--

I dunno. In a saber duel, Mace would defeat Sidious. But I don't know. I noticed he fought harder and more powerful against Yoda, using the Force at a much more dangerous degree. If they fought like he did against Mace in ROTS - Mace would kill him. If Sidious fought like he did against Yoda - using the environment, speed, and the Force - I'd say he'd win.

So...uh...erm...Mace, I guess.

--Count Dooku vs Master Yoda--

Count Dooku is the superior duelist - but Yoda is just superior. He is harder to hit and his Ataru makes him extremely quick. Eventually, I think Yoda will beat him. But Dooku's not gonna go out like a punk, either.

Victor: Yoda, after a long fight.

So...in THIS case...Yoda and Mace win in their respective duels, I think. I don't know if Dooku could have bested Yoda, as we have no other fights to compare him too - except for Obi-Wan and Anakin - who don't match up to Yoda. And he fought them the same way. Mace's fight with Sidious is much different than his duel with Yoda.

In this particular matchup, I'm gonna have to say the Jedi win.

joeyvermont
Mace can beat either yoda or palps but dooku will los to both so at the end of the day it is mace against either palps or yoda and he wins whereas dooku loses to either and then mace beats the other

Darth Somebody
I dunno. Dooku is superior to Mace in experience and a superior form. Mace has superior raw power and physical advantages. Mace is no push over, but Dooku HAS beat him in the past. I dunno if he could do it again, but most likely.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
I dunno. Dooku is superior to Mace in experience and a superior form. Mace has superior raw power and physical advantages. Mace is no push over, but Dooku HAS beat him in the past. I dunno if he could do it again, but most likely.

Dooku's strange mix is superior to Mace's Shatterpoint + Vaapad? Perhaps; we know Dooku beat Mace 13+ years before TPM, but we have no idea how much either has progressed since then. If the implied references from the Clone Wars and Shatterpoint are to be believed, Mace improved significantly.

Darth Somebody
I dunno. Raw power makes up for a lot. And Mace isn't a loser - even though his form didn't look all that cool - but Dooku is the biggest badass of PT dueling. It would be hard, either way.

What about Force mastery?

Illustrious
Whether or not Mace ROTS would lose to Dooku ROTS is undecided. We know Mace is a superior duelist as compared to Sidious; so if Mace fights Dooku, he wouldn't lose by much, if at all. I believe Mace ROTS can defeat Dooku, at the time of Dooku beating him, he would be in his mid thirtees at the latest; he had some time to develop his skills further, and it is heavily implied he did.

But it's irrelevant, Mace is not fighting Dooku. Mace would be fighting either Palpatine (whom I believe he would beat again) or Yoda (whom I believe would be a great fight). Yoda is hard to hit by almost anyone, but if anyone can hit him, I'd be putting my money on Mace, who is a Shatterpoint practitioner and would have that advantage on the small and quick Yoda. Dooku and Palpatine would at least take a long time.

Now, it's inconclusive if they pair up like that. However, we KNOW Dooku can hold his own against Yoda. We also KNOW Mace can beat Palpatine. So if they were to fight that way, Mace would beat Palpatine while Dooku holds off Yoda, and they power duel Yoda. Jedi should win.

But who on earth has decided Yoda switches to the Dark Side? It would be a lot more logical if Mace did, though both of them aren't very pluasible.

Darth243
Mace CANNOT beat sidious. were it not for sidious' plan to convert anakin mace would have been killed with the rest of the jedi who came to arrest sidious

Darth_Glentract
Darth243, You have no clue what you're talking about.

Darth Somebody
No. According to the official website, Mace can and did defeat Sidious fair and square. I used to think otherwise, but the site seems highly accurate. I do - however - express my doubts when you compare how Sidious battled Yoda and then compare it to how Sidious battled Mace.

You'd notice Sidious considers Yoda the superior threat - and fights against him with tenacity and aggression than what he did with Mace.

Darth Somebody
Whoa, hell. Lol I didn't notice it said Yoda went to the Dark Side. I do find that highly unlikely, but oh well.

Sidious vs Mace - err...Mace.
Sidious vs Dooku - no comment. If Dooku can successfully turn the fight to sabers only, he'd beat Sidious. Otherwise, I doubt it.

Yoda vs Mace - Yoda.
Yoda vs Dooku - Yoda.

Yoda wins. Lol.

Darth Nhilus
Yoda and sidious are too fast even if they do not have good blade skills.
Mace couldn't beat palpatine, if palpatine wanted to, mace would be dead as fast as kit fisto.

Lord Darkstar
in Dark Rondevouz Dooku says that if Yoda ever turned dark he would leave the galaxy in ruins could take over from Palpy in a heart beat, destroy everyone yada yada. He also says that the galaxy cannot comprehend the power that Yoda would wield on the dark side. So that right there tells you that Yoda on the dark side would be invincible. Dooku was terrified of Yoda turning to the dark side and realized that he would have no chance if Yoda turned.

So I think Yoda would beat either Mace of Dooku, whoever he is against.
For Sidious, there has to be a reason why Dooku never challenged him, I will say they are equal, Dooku superior in lightsaber skills, Sidious superior in the force. If he faced Mace I think he would fight more like he did against Yoda, using the force and everything else. So I think that him and Mace would be really close, probably with Sidious winning, but to appease you I will say that they are equal.

So this is what we end up with:

Option One
Yoda > Mace
Sidious > or _ Dooku

Yoda and Sidious win

or

Option Two
Yoda > Dooku
Sidious _ Mace

Yoda and Sidious still win.

So Yoda and Sidious win this no matter what.

Darth Faunus
Thor's restricted. . . . ?

Darth_Glentract
he has been for some time.

Abyssal Lord
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Thor's restricted. . . . ?

Than how does he keep posting?

Darth_Glentract
maybe he just put restricted as his title.

Darth Faunus
Ahah. . . don't I feel like a fool. . .

Darth_Janus
They may have found him out, since his original account was restricted too.

Darth_Glentract
The more that I have thought about this thread the better I think Mace and Dooku's chances are. Assuming Yoda doesn;t get some massive boost in power by going to the Darkside, Dooku will be able to hold him off for some time, probably at least two minutes. Mace defeated Palpatine in about a minute, so with no Anakin around to screw things up, Mace kills him. Mace and Dooku then proceed to kill Yoda assuming Yoda isn't like double the power or something on the darkside.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.