Your reaction after FIRSt hearing "No, I am your father!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lil Krueger
Mine was "K......omfg..."

Morridini
Can't remember actually.

DeVi| D0do
Ditto.

Master Shaak Ti
Mine was "Ok...... Is he joking?"

amity75
"You look nothing like Luke"

muserke
"Is that his daddy, Nikolas? Why did he hurt him then? Doesn't he like Luke?"
Something like that. I was about 5 years old. stick out tongue
Nikolas is my brother.

DenKi
I was in the toilet at the time

Darth_Janus
I was thinking... "Hell of a time to up and say that."

chicho
Ditto.

Joseph_Kerr
I was 10 in 1980 and thought it was a bad joke and that in the next movie we would find out that he was lying to Luke to turn him to the dark side.

amity75
I already knew because my best friend Neil Dunsmore told me on the way home from school one day coz he'd seen it the previous night and I wasn't going to see it till the saturday afternoon. cry

kr3w_killah
I was like "Yaaa daaaaaaaaaayummmmmm right!!"

kanis
starwars I was like cool I especially like it when luke's face crushes into itself and then he screams noooooo and then he flings himself off the walk way.I had heard that Lucas did not Hamill what vader was going to say to him.

DeVi| D0do
Lucas told Hamill right before shooting the scene... no one else knew.

What David Prowse was saying inside the Vader suit was "No, Obi-Wan killed your father". But Lucas told Hamill to react as if he had said "No, I am your father."

theredbaron
I was 7, and I didn't believe him. I thought he was lying. So pretty much, I thought exactly what Luke did at first:

"Nooooooo....Noooooo, that's not true! That's IMPOSSIBLE!"

elfprincess101
i was just like OMG!!!!!! and i got chills

Solo_Shodan
As Star Wars was originally supposed to be (in my opinion) a "B" kind of movie, my first thought was "Well that figures." Then I was pretty much like, "Okay, then the Emperor must be his grandfather."

SS_181st_Snow
My reaction? Erh, um, I forget lol. I was like 3 when I first saw ESB.

Dan Skywalker
I was frozen to my seat for the next hour, even when the movie ended i sat there, in total shock.

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by DenKi
I was in the toilet at the time

really?!?

Bardock42
Sadly I was to Young to really have any great reactions (nor do I remember them) .....but I never had this "Holy Moly Mac Shit ...Really?"-feeling......

Whirlysplatt
It had been in all the spoilers as an idea of Lucas long before Empire Strikes Back opened those of us who saw it then thought, what a shock....... not laughing out loud

Darth_Nefarus
first, i paused the movie and rewound it, watched it again. did the same thing, and asked my parents if it was true. then i finished the movie and made my parents take me to the store and get the next one, stayed up till 1:30 watching it (that was late for a 5 year old) then couldn't sleep that night
haven't been the same since smile

The Ones
i was like " so anakin turns to the dark side then?" i had already seen I and II then IV, V and VI

theredbaron
I was 7 years old, and I couldn't believe it. I thought Darth Vader was lying. And I only got to see ROTJ around 2 or 3 years later, so I went for that long without knowing! I'm so glad no one spoiled it for me...

SithHappens
I can't quite remember my first time seeing it, although I would imagine I was shocked. Like, the whole time you think Luke's father is a character you will never see and that Darth killed him then you learn this little information. I debated myself as to wheter or not It was true until it was finally revealed in RotJ.

JenR1215
i was like "FINNIALY the line I've been waiting to hear!"

my dad told me about the movie, b4 i watched it, jsyk

Austral_jedi

Tangible God
I was like, "OH! Mommy plus Daddy DOES = Lukey."

amity75
I actually thought that the most shocking line was "Join me". Blowing up a planet is just over the top villainy, but to try and corrupt your own son, now THAT'S evil.

roughrider
I was 11 years old - I didn't believe it. How could it be true, with what Obi Wan had said? But there was some doubt in my refusal. I had to wait three years to 1983, to find out definitively. Life seemed more complicated after that.

steverules
blowupjawdrop

Nactous
Originally posted by The Ones
i was like " so anakin turns to the dark side then?" i had already seen I and II then IV, V and VI
Oh, I am so, so sorry.

Boris
"Erm.....Wa?"

jediprson
i was thought no2 way!

Tangible God
I had my hand down my pants the whole scene, so when he said that, I accidently clenched and pulled.

People stared when I hobbled out the theatre.

JaehSkywalker
well, i watched 3 first before 5 so my reaction is like..... " yeah ok... so what? i already know...."

steverules
I had my hand down my pants the whole scene, so when he said that, I accidently clenched and pulled.

People stared when I hobbled out the theatre.

LOL. SO what exactly were you doing with your hand down your pants during a lightsabre fight. laughing laughing out loud hysterical

Tangible God
Thinking of how sexy Vader looked with that Lightsaber.

I also noticed how my Schwartz is as big as his.

overlord
This was so weird.. it's such a long while ago, but I think I already thought so because Vader means father in my language.. Then it was confirmed.. Well.. I've never said I was smart... Somebody prolly told me before I saw it.......

steverules
Thinking of how sexy Vader looked with that Lightsaber.

I also noticed how my Schwartz is as big as his.

I didn't even know machines had schwartz's. So you think vader is sexy do you. Tell me have you seen the 3rd and 6th episode?

Tangible God
Now, I saw the 40th and 22nd.

Now quickly, we shall break down these walls of fortitude and ride to the video store for Episodes 1 and 3. Once more unto the breach dear friends, ONCE MOOOORRRE!!!

steverules
Your wierd and gay all mixed into one, amazing. Me being straight guy though I wouldn't really know what makes you think darth vader is sexy.

overlord
Yeah, and you being twelve year old not understanding any form of jokes. Har Har Har.. pirate

steverules
I'm 15. I'm not sure if you noticed but this dude has a bit of a thing for darth, and from the look of your sig your into Jar Jar and darth. GET IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!LOL laughing laughing out loud stick out tongue

overlord
Yeah whatevz, get in there and get in there, so by your logic you must have a thing for bad comic heroes.. what a world.. what a world..

steverules
Well since I'm not admitting to be gay and umm you are I guess I should change my sig to a woman.

overlord
I am admitting to be gay? laughing That's pretty gay to say.. And why do you have to have a woman as signature if you're hetero? Is this some unwritten rule I missed?
But I'm not stopping you though..

steverules
Well your I'm guessing your judging me by my sig since yes in the background there is a bad guy. You started this argument not me, when someone says they got there hand down there trowsers cause of darth I can only assume that they are gay but I'll apolagise to tangible God for being rude and saying he is gay even though he has maybe a little thing for darth.

Otaku
I thought that No i am your father was kinda lame.It should've been No.I am your father...!!

steverules
That makes a whole load of differance. And makes it sound so much better.

Ogami Itto
I remember it clearly! i was about 8 and it was boxing day (thats when they used to show a sw film in the 80's in Scotland on the tv,around christmas, thats right JUST one, so u either got ANH,ESB or ROTJ) i'd never seen ESB or ROTJ but i LOVED a ANH!! so there i was sitting in front of the tv totally engrossed in the sequel to the greatest movie EVER and BOOM!!!

NO, I AM YOU FATHER!

i never saw it coming, i was totally shocked!! LOL!! i actually think deep down it traumatised me a little, maybe explains the way i am! laughing out loud
Hey im gonna sue Lucas for "mental damages" hee hee

Tangible God
Originally posted by steverules
Your wierd and gay all mixed into one, amazing. Me being straight guy though I wouldn't really know what makes you think darth vader is sexy. And you, you testicle-less bastard, can't understand a joke or apparently ANY form of humour that is above your incredibly low standard of intelligence.

This may explain why you insult anybody who you seem to think is stupid, just 'cause they didn't explain to you that what he was saying, wasn't true.

So go live the rest of your cerebelum-free life in hilarious agony, oblivious to the world who is mocking you.

Ogami Itto
testicle-less bastard!! thats the best insult ive heard all week!! laughing

steverules
I was making a joke out of the fact that you were whatever during a star wars lightsabre fight, which obviously you were joking about. Once again I am very sorry for offending you in any way. I went to far in saying you were gay, so please find it in your heart to forgive me. I'm very sorry that I offended you in anyway. I was trying to add some humour but I added the wrong humor.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by Otaku
I thought that No i am your father was kinda lame.It should've been No.I am your father...!! that's what he said.

overlord
I was like OMGWTFBBQ!! When xyz revived this thread. I couldn't believe it.

queeq
I better kill it. Goodbye.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.