Which of the following characters can take over OUR world?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
they will have to be able to stand against the military might of all our nations combined. Assume we don't know anything about them, including their weaknesses.

Carnage
Iron Man (regular armor)
Colossus
Iceman
Green Lantern (Hal)
Superman
Storm
Magneto
Invisible Woman
Mystique

masterbruce
I think the only ones who CANNOT succeed are:

storm
iron man
colossus
carnage
iceman

Creshosk
What do we have to stop ANY of them?

Just about any super-hero/villan could take over our world. We're not setup to beable to combat them.

masterbruce
well, I think our military forces can take on:

storm - sniped, heat seeking missle, etc
iron man - launch heat seeking missles (hundreds of them)
colossus - tanks and bomb drops
carnage - missles

now its not gonna be easy, and casualties are probably gonna be high, but i do think the military can handle these 4, the other 6 will prob be able to take over the world

Creshosk
Originally posted by masterbruce
storm - sniped, I think if storm were in "take over the world mode, no one could get close enough or a clear enough shot to shoot at her.

heat seeking missle, Missles can be thwarted, particularly if she sets up a continuous lightning strike in one spot and had her area surronded by cold. . .

iron man - launch heat seeking missles (hundreds of them)I've always wondered why heat seeking missles never go after each other. . .

colossus - tanks and bomb dropsI don't know. . .

carnage - misslesI think he could avoid the missles. . . or destroy them with his projectiles. . .

xmarksthespot
You think Iceman couldn't take over the world?

masterbruce
I changed my mind since the new iceman can apparently live as air moisture

Creshosk
I changed my mind since the new iceman can apparently live as air moisture Even without. . what could you do?

Hulk Power
Magneto and Superman would be the most obvious ones. They are just too powerful.

masterbruce
dont underestimate the power of our military nor overestimate the power of these characters

our military has satellite guidance systems, thousands of stealth bomber jets, powerful tanks and ground artillery, elite soldiers, and last but not least....nukes

also remember that these characters have limited energy, they're going to tire out sooner or later

Hulk Power
dont underestimate the power of our military nor overestimate the power of these characters

our military has satellite guidance systems, thousands of stealth bomber jets, powerful tanks and ground artillery, elite soldiers, and last but not least....nukes

also remember that these characters have limited energy, they're going to tire out sooner or later

The army would still lose. Their bombs and stealth bombers wouldn't do anything to them.

Creshosk
dont underestimate the power of our military nor overestimate the power of these charactersDon't overestimate the power of our military nor underestimate the power of these characters.

DarkCrawler
Umm...I can't really see Carnage taking over the world. He is good, but seriosly, the whole army of all nations? One country could take him out.

All the others could probably take over the world. Except Mystique and maaaybe Storm, Iron Man and Invisible Woman.

xmarksthespot
Mystique could do so by stealth. She could assume the identities of world leaders, start wars, she could kill and become Bill Gates take his funds and move on. We have no feasible technologies capable of discerning her from anyone else so if she's in a populated area she would never be caught.

DarkCrawler
Just ask every major leader a personal question. Who can't answer...BLAM!

ZephroCarnelian
Most of these heroes could take the world with ease.

Superman especially. big grin

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Most of these heroes could take the world with ease.

Superman especially. big grin

Indeed Supes and Magneto would do it in a day smile

If the started at 7 am the world would capitulate by 7pm

Scoobless
Magneto and Superman are the only ones who could take over..... the others aren't powerful, ambitious or smart enough to take control of multiple Governments

..... maybe Green Lantern

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Scoobless
Magneto and Superman are the only ones who could take over..... the others aren't powerful, ambitious or smart enough to take control of multiple Governments

..... maybe Green Lantern

I think Green Lantern could easily, Iron man might be able to (I doubt it though) and Icemans stupid powers mean he could. Mystique could through stealth the others could not.

long pig
Spiderman could.
He can dodge all the nukes and missles sent his way and web them up.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by long pig
Spiderman could.
He can dodge all the nukes and missles sent his way and web them up. Only in a fan boys deluded mind lp smile

masterbruce
This is how it would play out with these characters:

Carnage - starts a killing rampage in NY and claims that he won't stop until all nations submit to his rule. First police are sent in, then swat...with no use. Meanwhile, FBI and CIA have been gathering intelligence on Carnage, noting that he is not affected by conventional arms. Due to his agility, Carnage proves to be a challenge to pinpoint, thus the government resorts to a mass area weapon...elite commandos equipped with flamethrowers are sent in, and finally succeed in destroying the symbiote.

Iron Man (regular armor) - Spotted by radar on his way to the whitehouse, ironman is warned to land immediately. Not heeding the warnings, ground forces launch ground to air missles trying to prevent another plane crash. Iron Man deftly blows up the missles and continues on his way. Code Red is raised and jetfighters are launched to investigate. The fighters engage Ironman but are quickly defeated. IronMan makes his way to the white house and holds the president hostage...the senate holds a meeting and decides to launch an attack against ironman, even if the president's life may be endangered. Tanks and waves and waves of soldiers accumulate around the perimeter and Ironman is asked to give up. Tony realized he underestimated their resolve and that while these tanks and soldiers were little impediment, that his power level would soon deplete, he uses the president as hostage as he makes his getaway...the US army general orders missle launch and this time 100 armor busting heat seekers tracked to IronMan are launched, iron man manages to take out about 5 before the other 95 hit their target in a crescendo of explosion...a month later, the US army has tracked all the armor debris and burnt body parts.

Richrf
Batman could do it, even without prep

stormfront13
well if these characters are in a taking over the world mood, then they will be going all out right? I'd say that storm, mystique, magneto, IW, superman, green lantern could do it. am I forgetting anyone from the list?

supremthor
the ones that would have the lest prob are GL and Superman, then magneto,the rest will have ome problem. it would be reaally cool if the would used the SRS-blackbird on some like storm.

stormfront13
what's the SRS-blackbird?

masterbruce
No way in hell Storm can take over our world...she tires quickly, use of her powers drains her energy, so while she could stave off the army for a little bit, eventually she'll falter

willRules
They all COULD do it. However some are more likely to suceed than others....................

newjak86
Carnage Has no real chance he isn't very strong no way in the world could he stand up against an army.
Iron Man (regular armor)Somewhat of a chance but not likely. His suit can not stayed powered indefently so facing an army probably would drain him.
Colossus Strong and durable thats about it and not enough of either. A bunker buster bomb could take him out possibly.
Iceman From what I hear about his new powers he has a shot
Green Lantern (Hal)Good chance but all it would take is a sniper to catch him with his shields down and it would be the end of him
Superman Best chance can take everything the Earth armies could throw at him and that would be the end of it he could bend the entire world beneath his thumb.
Storm Not a chance she has power but using her powers drain her and withut them she is a normal human so she would die easily
Magneto I'm gonna say no chance same as Storm
Invisible Woman Not treally she could protect herself but is just a normal human any other way. She gets tired and she still has a normal humans durability
Mystique She could try but in all hinesty the time it would take to manipulate the USA or any democracy or even communist state would take to much time effort and luck.

I think you guys are underestimating just how hard it would be to take over the world. The person would have to be able to never tire since they are doing it by themselves so they can't tire. Have to have superhuman durability that can take anything any army can throw at them. which most of these people can't.
People who I can believe that are from earth that could do it are:
Superman
Juggernaut
Martain Manhunter
Hulk possibly
Thor with Hammer
Hercules full powered God
Green Lantern possibly

stormfront13
to take over the world you must be in the mood, and when storm would be in that type of mood, she would be very powerful. when mad she can affect the weather on a planetary scale. any electrical devices would be useless, because she is able to perform emp's. she could cause major descruction. multiple tornados in major cities, huge hurricanes, huge tsunamis. also the fact that storm can generate pressure higher than the planet of jupiter

willRules
But can she take on everyone?

stormfront13
the earth doesn't have protection from the weather. did you ever see the day after tommorow? also storm could make threats like to put the world in a forever drought or something like that

newjak86
Originally posted by stormfront13
to take over the world you must be in the mood, and when storm would be in that type of mood, she would be very powerful. when mad she can affect the weather on a planetary scale. any electrical devices would be useless, because she is able to perform emp's. she could cause major descruction. multiple tornados in major cities, huge hurricanes, huge tsunamis. also the fact that storm can generate pressure higher than the planet of jupiter So she can't keep these powers going eventually she will be drained no matter what you say she is still a human in endurance and durability. She could effect the world on a planetary scale it would still take one pice of metal small enough to go into a gun to beat her. Thats my point. She has the power to cause damage on a large scale she doen't have what it takes to take over the world though. She can cause emps so what you know how much power it would take to try and cause that kinda of power on such a large scale thats the point.

newjak86
the earth doesn't have protection from the weather. did you ever see the day after tommorow? also storm could make threats like to put the world in a forever drought or something like that She could do it for a small amount of time then she would be drained. Teh nshe is nothing more than human she would probably die from the fall alone if she was flying.

willRules
the earth doesn't have protection from the weather. did you ever see the day after tommorow? also storm could make threats like to put the world in a forever drought or something like that

Good point but like every mutant, it takes energy to use their powers. Does Storm have that kind of energy?

By the way I enjoyed that movie big grin

freezedoom
Storm
Iceman
Superman
Carnage

stormfront13
and the world isn't gonna have tabs on her 24/7. she could go into hiding near the center of the earth. her pressure fields have busted through mountains before, she could hide in one of those

supremthor
what's the SRS-blackbird?
the fastest plane in the would it can go faster then 1294 m/s . thats a faster then a speeding bullet.

newjak86
and the world isn't gonna have tabs on her 24/7. she could go into hiding near the center of the earth. her pressure fields have busted through mountains before, she could hide in one of those Then she hasn't taken over the world and she is in hiding. The point is if shes tries she would fail because she just doesn't have the endurance to try. She hides in the center of the earth right she would still have to focus all of her powers to avoid being crushed and the minute those powers begin fadin she would be crushed.

stormfront13
Originally posted by newjak86
Then she hasn't taken over the world and she is in hiding. The point is if shes tries she would fail because she just doesn't have the endurance to try. She hides in the center of the earth right she would still have to focus all of her powers to avoid being crushed and the minute those powers begin fadin she would be crushed.

^^so then you expect all of these people to try and take over the world withoutn resting? then I doubt all of these people could do it seeing as most of these people could fall asleep

newjak86
^^so then you expect all of these people to try and take over the world withoutn resting? then I doubt all of these people could do it seeing as most of these people could fall asleep Juggernaut doesn't sleep. Even in his sleep Superman has his powers. Thats the point these have the endurance energy time and DURABILITY to do it. Storm has the power but not the energy endurance or durability to do it. The power she would have to summon to even have a chance would probablt drain her in a second.

stormfront13
Juggernaut doesn't sleep. Even in his sleep Superman has his powers. Thats the point these have the endurance energy time and DURABILITY to do it. Storm has the power but not the energy endurance or durability to do it. The power she would have to summon to even have a chance would probablt drain her in a second.

juggernaut wasn't on the list, supes is still resting. I said that storm could hide somewhere and rest. you replied that she shouldn't be able to rest because she hasn't taken over the world. by that cause then it would be very hard for everyone if they can't rest

newjak86
juggernaut wasn't on the list, supes is still resting. I said that storm could hide somewhere and rest. you replied that she shouldn't be able to rest because she hasn't taken over the world. by that cause then it would be very hard for everyone if they can't rest How would she rest do damage to a city then decide to take a breather. the goverment has satelites all over the world that can follow her so where would she hide to rest. They bomb where ever she decides to rest that ends the conquest of Storm and the Juggernaut thing was because I though you were refering to my list and if you look at my post the only one I really belive can take over the world is Superman from this list.

supremthor
superman does need to rest but the thing that gives him the big when over storm is his speed and indurance.another thing superman can go a few weeks without rest.

newjak86
Originally posted by supremthor
superman does need to rest but the thing that gives him the big when over storm is his speed and indurance.another thing superman can go a few weeks without rest. Exactly plus when he sleeps it isn't like his durability goes away he just as endurable asleep as awake. So if he gets bombed while asleep nothing happens.

Creshosk
What's wrong with eluding the defenders, resting, and then ressuming?

If she hides herself in a place that no one can find her she can rest until she's ready to continue. . . The damage she did won't be undone. . . sort of like saving your progress in a game.

supremthor
or if superman wants he could fly into space and destroy all the satellite so that way he could sleep as moch as he wants. storm cant do thats cuss she cant go into space so the army is always gonna be watching her. storm is a mutant but she still is human and has to breath eat and sleep. so the army could bomb her with anthrex or something.

EsteemedLeader
none of them can take over the world as long as im here. ive taken on a male-tranny child molesting murederous gym teacher.

Creshosk
or if superman wants he could fly into space and destroy all the satellite so that way he could sleep as moch as he wants. storm cant do thats cuss she cant go into space so the army is always gonna be watching her. storm is a mutant but she still is human and has to breath eat and sleep. so the army could bomb her with anthrex or something. If she can do emps she's preobably capable of masking her pressence from satilite detection . . .

newjak86
Originally posted by Creshosk
What's wrong with eluding the defenders, resting, and then ressuming?

If she hides herself in a place that no one can find her she can rest until she's ready to continue. . . The damage she did won't be undone. . . sort of like saving your progress in a game. The point is she can't hide if she decides to cause damage. Satelites will be able to track her whereever she goes and she can't go on forever she is only human in endurance.

newjak86
If she can do emps she's preobably capable of masking her pressence from satilite detection . . . Reqiures energy to do such and it would probably be the most taxing of her powers. also simply surounding yourself in an EMP doesn't mean a satelite can't track you. The only way to shut down the satelite with it is to put the EMP close to it and she won't know where they are at.

EsteemedLeader
whats with the army? every army on earth is full of complete idiots. the army isnt going to be the deciding factor. more like an elite team of gifted civilians banding together to defeat a new threat...

...in theaters Friday. rated PG

Creshosk
The point is she can't hide if she decides to cause damage. Satelites will be able to track her whereever she goes and she can't go on forever she is only human in endurance. Not if satilites can't see through elecritcal storm clouds. . .

Heck a decent sized Hurricane the size of Texas could probably mask her. . .

newjak86
Not if satilites can't see through elecritcal storm clouds. . .

Heck a decent sized Hurricane the size of Texas could probably mask her. . . Then they follow the Hurricane because she is masking herself plus long range radar from subs can track plus while she is doing this she is wasting large amounts of energy trying to do it which is the point she is tired already she is going to try and rest she may not even have the power to do this stuff and if she is trying then she is wasting large amounts of it still.

DarkCrawler
also the fact that storm can generate pressure higher than the planet of jupiter

Doing that to whole planet would kill her.

But I say that Storm can take it...basically the whole planet is her playground...

DarkCrawler
Superman would have the best chance, though. Have you read "Red Son"?

newjak86
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Doing that to whole planet would kill her.

But I say that Storm can take it...basically the whole planet is her playground... She has the power to cause damage but she doesn't have the energy or durability and endurance enough to keep it up to take over the world.

DarkCrawler
superman does need to rest but the thing that gives him the big when over storm is his speed and indurance.another thing superman can go a few weeks without rest.

No, he doesn't need to rest. Sun can sustain him. He just flys to the Sun, rests for nine hours and comes back hundred times stronger. Unless they are going to destroy the Sun, they have no chance against him.

Creshosk
Then they follow the Hurricane because she is masking herself plus long range radar from subs can track plus while she is doing this she is wasting large amounts of energy trying to do it which is the point she is tired already she is going to try and rest she may not even have the power to do this stuff and if she is trying then she is wasting large amounts of it still. And she can send the hurricane on while she hides while it's passing over her. . .

Then they chase the hurricane while she rests. . .

You are seriously overestimating the Army's capabilities here. . .

We have difficulty tracking down a single man that's human and doesn't have the same options these others have.

EsteemedLeader
im telling you, the army isnt going to do shit against these guys. i could use my superheroics to defeat them.

Creshosk
Superman has already taken over the Earth in precrises. . .Superman would probably sundip himself BEFORE attemtping to take over the world. . .

There is no chance against superman.

EsteemedLeader
i could take him.

newjak86
And she can send the hurricane on while she hides while it's passing over her. . .

We have difficulty tracking down a single man that's human and doesn't have the same options these others have. Thats the point he is a normal human that stays in hiding and doesn't do anything except stay in caves. Storm woould revel her location by using her powers and whos to say a missle barage couldn't kill her right then.
To use her powers reveals her and that means a satelite radar can track her. The army can launch a missle hundreds of miles away and put it through a window they have serious tracking and guidance technology.

supremthor
the army could just nuke her location. if the blast dont kill her the radition will.

Creshosk
Thats the point he is a normal human that stays in hiding and doesn't do anything except stay in caves. Storm woould revel her location by using her powers and whos to say a missle barage couldn't kill her right then.
To use her powers reveals her and that means a satelite radar can track her. The army can launch a missle hundreds of miles away and put it through a window they have serious tracking and guidance technology. If she's taking over the world she'd probably have a massive hurricane going in the first place. . .firing missles into it would be a bad thing, as lighting would be attracted to them, and the electricity from a strike would probably cause them to malfunction. Plus the winds would make it difficult for the missles. . .

They could get blown of course and destroy innocence nearby. . .Or themselves.

You are SERIOUSLY underestimating Storm and overestimating the army.

Creshosk
the army could just nuke her location. if the blast dont kill her the radition will. Would they really resort to that?

Because they could wind up doing more damage . . . Storm would probably be attacking highly populated areas in the first place. . .

stormfront13
k, newjak you need to realize the mindset that storm would be in if she were going to mtake over the world. she would't be like la-de-da, she would be hardcore and ready to fight. she would also be more powerful if she were this way. lightning travels in space as well on earth so a good positioned stroke could take out the satelites. storms pressure fields have contained nukes, so they shouldn't be a problem, and I doubt the army would try more than one. missels can easily be dealt with and she could sence them coming because they will cause a disturbance in the wind. she could melt the ice caps causing major flooding, she could put many cities in power outages and make threats to put the world in year long drout or something. the world doesn't have a defense against nature, and storm controls it with a thought. she cpuld literally put all major army stations in a major blizzard and make it difficult to attack her. a few tsunamis and parts of the world are destroyed. not to mention the fact that she can affect the pressure and topple duildings and such. also jets and planes are not equipped to fly in thunder storms. she could easily ground all planes.

masterbruce
the scenario with storm:

Storm hovers above the UN one day and issues the following decree: Submit to my rule or the goddess of weather shall punish you humans by destroying all your food crops, flooding your cities, and wreaking havoc in general. The UN sends soldiers to take down storm. Realizing this, storm's eye crackle with lightning and she envelopes herself in a thick cloud, obfuscating her enemie's targets, from this haven, she unleashes a lightning storm of unseen scale that burns every soldier in the mile radius to a crisp. The army upgrades the threat level and sends attack choppers, jets, tanks to attack the huge mist enveloping storm. Storm extends her powers and creates a flood that wipes away the tanks and destroys the flying units with well placed lightning bolts. Slowly, Storm feels her powers waning, her mist is hard to keep up, her lightning bolts are getting smaller and weaker, and her tornado gusts have now become mere billows...but the army is relentless, even after the destruction of the first wave, another wave of hundreds of attack vehicles target the rapidly diminishing mist covering storm until at last Storm faints from exhaustion altogether and falls toward earth like an angel falling from grace. The military soon put her in a containment cneter and study her anatomy.

newjak86
k, newjak you need to realize the mindset that storm would be in if she were going to mtake over the world. she would't be like la-de-da, she would be hardcore and ready to fight. she would also be more powerful if she were this way. lightning travels in space as well on earth so a good positioned stroke could take out the satelites. storms pressure fields have contained nukes, so they shouldn't be a problem, and I doubt the army would try more than one. missels can easily be dealt with and she could sence them coming because they will cause a disturbance in the wind. she could melt the ice caps causing major flooding, she could put many cities in power outages and make threats to put the world in year long drout or something. the world doesn't have a defense against nature, and storm controls it with a thought. she cpuld literally put all major army stations in a major blizzard and make it difficult to attack her. a few tsunamis and parts of the world are destroyed. not to mention the fact that she can affect the pressure and topple duildings and such. also jets and planes are not equipped to fly in thunder storms. she could easily ground all planes. Once again you fail to realize ahe has the power to do this but the energy and endurance required to do these things is beyond her abilities. After the forst attacl she mustered she would be spent plus to take out her most dangerous foes means she would have to know where they are. The satelites for instance she would have to know exactly where they are to do anything tho them. She has this power but a bullet can beat her. She can die by anything a normal human can she can be exausted. She is can be killed her power can be depleted.

Whirlysplatt
Once again you fail to realize ahe has the power to do this but the energy and endurance required to do these things is beyond her abilities. After the forst attacl she mustered she would be spent plus to take out her most dangerous foes means she would have to know where they are. The satelites for instance she would have to know exactly where they are to do anything tho them. She has this power but a bullet can beat her. She can die by anything a normal human can she can be exausted. She is can be killed her power can be depleted.

agreedsmile

CorderaMitchell
My god, what is this?

newjak86
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
My god, what is this? Read all of it CM it's good.

EsteemedLeader
they dont believe i could save the earth sad

supremthor
dont worry i believe in u wink

Dr. Diamond
superman yes magneto maybe. everyone else no.
however. dr.doom yes,juggernaut maybe,thor yes,majestic yes.

supremthor
every body seems to be forgeting about GL. i think he would have the easest time taking over the wuold.

newjak86
every body seems to be forgeting about GL. i think he would have the easest time taking over the wuold. Could but once agian if his shields are down one bullet from a sniper or soldier he missed and it's all over.

masterbruce
Scenario with Superman:

Superman arrives on earth announcing his intention to take it over. The world doesn't like this idea too much and attacks him with its armed forces. After a few months, the casualties on the human side mount to staggering amounts, yet the alien being seems just as indomitable as ever. None of their weaponry has worked. They hesitate to unleash their chemical and nuclear weapons because this foe's speed seems godly to them and it is uncertain whether anything they throw at him will even hit him if he didn't want to be hit. They finally give up and submit to the Kryptonian's rule, which after a few years proves to be better than the corrupt leadership of ex-human leaders. Many new religious sects are set up worshipping Superman as their ultimate Savior.

CorderaMitchell
Don't overestimate the power of our military nor underestimate the power of these characters.

See this defensive arguing, no point made, but ready to criticize and flip stuff around?

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by long pig
Spiderman could.
He can dodge all the nukes and missles sent his way and web them up.
You are all powerful, you know that?

lol

DarkCrawler
Scenario with Superman:

Superman arrives on earth announcing his intention to take it over. The world doesn't like this idea too much and attacks him with its armed forces. After a few months, the casualties on the human side mount to staggering amounts, yet the alien being seems just as indomitable as ever. None of their weaponry has worked. They hesitate to unleash their chemical and nuclear weapons because this foe's speed seems godly to them and it is uncertain whether anything they throw at him will even hit him if he didn't want to be hit. They finally give up and submit to the Kryptonian's rule, which after a few years proves to be better than the corrupt leadership of ex-human leaders. Many new religious sects are set up worshipping Superman as their ultimate Savior.

Nice...

Whirlysplatt
Superman would have the best chance, though. Have you read "Red Son"?

Yes derivative but excellentsmile

You might be interested in this a small section of a review for it from here;

http://www.socialistreview.org.uk/article.php?articlenumber=8866

But for all the extra sales and media attention, Red Son isn't a great comic. The artwork is crude, derivative and bland, and it doesn't serve the story very well. The story, written by Mark Millar, the son of a Coatbridge trade unionist with Stalinist sympathies, has been told better elsewhere. The key theme of Red Son - of a utopia created by a god-like superhero and its social consequences - goes back to the pioneering work of Alan Moore. In 1982 Moore revived the 1950s British superhero Marvelman (later changed to Miracleman to avoid potential lawsuits) and began a story arc in which he took the superhero fantasy to its logical conclusion. Miracleman abolished all existing authority and ushered in a golden age in which capitalism and its works - money, hunger, poverty, ecological destruction - were ended. Even Margaret Thatcher was powerless before him as he overthrew the free market state and sent her packing into the dustbin of history. Practically every superhero comic since has been influenced by Moore. They have also drawn on Frank Miller's wonderfully gritty 1985 Batman opus, The Dark Knight Returns. This gave us an ageing Batman in post Bernard Goetz America now much more ambivalent in its attitudes towards vigilantes and superheroes. Red Son is hardly in this league.

As well as Miracleman the Authority and Squadron Supreme have done the idea of Superheroes taking over the world slightly better imo.

Red Son was enjoyable though smile

DarkCrawler
Yeah.

CorderaMitchell
And she can send the hurricane on while she hides while it's passing over her. . .

We have difficulty tracking down a single man that's human and doesn't have the same options these others have.

Yes but storm is causing massive damage, thats easy to track. A man in hiding isnt, he's subtle...

Whirlysplatt
I think it goes more like this Superman or Magneto wake up, 6.30 am Wash, have a decent breakfast as they know its going to a busy day.
After enjoying Waffles syrup, orange juice and good coffee this happens smile

Superman Scenario

7.30 am arrives in a major city

8.30 major city is wrecked (loss of life minimal)

9.00 walks into Sky or CNN studios issues ultimatum

9.15 10.00 wrecks Washington

10.05 10.30 Wrecks Moscow

10.30 11.15 Wrecks Beijing

Moving far to fast for Armed forces to track led alone engage returns to Studio says they have till 7pm to capitulate to his demands and make him World Emperor.

11. 30 - 1.00 using X ray and super speed Supes makes all nuclear weapons in the 3 major super powers nonfunctional.

1.00 - 1.30 all other Nuclear weapons in Britain, France etc become inactive.

1. 30 - 2.00 Supes destroys Paris

2.00 - 2.30 London

then goes into Space to wait.

7pm the world leaders announce surrender and total capitulation non conditionally.

Supes has been moving so fast no armed forces have been able to engage himsmile

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
I think it goes more like this Superman or Magneto wake up, 6.30 am Wash, have a decent breakfast as they know its going to a busy day.

Superman Scenario

7.30 am arrives in a major city

8.30 major city is wrecked (loss of life minimal)

9.00 walks into Sky or CNN studios issues ultimatum

9.15 10.00 wrecks Washington

10.05 10.30 Wrecks Moscow

10.30 11.15 Wrecks Beijing

Moving far to fast for Armed forces to track led alone engage returns to Studio says they have till 7pm to capitulate to his demands and make him World Emperor.

11. 30 - 1.00 using X ray and super speed Supes makes all nuclear weapons in the 3 major super powers nonfunctional.

1.00 - 1.30 all other Nuclear weapons in Britain, France etc become inactive.

1. 30 - 2.00 Supes destroys Paris

2.00 - 2.30 London

then goes into Space to wait.

7pm the world leaders announce surrender and total capitulation non conditionally.

He wouldn't even care about Finland...sad

And wouldn't he attack NY? I mean, it is the UN main headquarters...

EsteemedLeader

what goes on in finland? is it cool?

Whirlysplatt

I think the major Nuclear nations is more of a point the UN would follow the lead of those under these circumstances.

He would also have moved so fast no armed forces could even engage him. It would literally be instant destruction from above.

~f they launched missiles his senses and speed would prevent him being there when they arrive he only has to fly straight up into space.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
what goes on in finland? is it cool?

Umm...yes, it is very cool...

...if you are from third-world country...because...its...quite...boring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
I think the major Nuclear nations is more of a point the UN would follow the lead of those under these circumstances.

He would also have moved so fast no armed forces could even engage him. It would literally be instant destruction from above.

~f they launched missiles his senses and speed would prevent him being there when they arrive he only has to fly straight up into space.

http://www.superdickery.com/images/dick/97_4_0000311.jpg

supremthor
dude he better not attack NY i live hear......................let him come a got Kryptonite waiting 4 him.

DarkCrawler
http://www.superdickery.com/images/dick/216_4_247.jpg

DarkCrawler
Superman starts his tyrannical regime...
http://www.superdickery.com/images/dick/116_4_293.jpg

EsteemedLeader
i defeat superman easily. theres no way in hell hes taking over our world, not while im here

newjak86
i defeat superman easily. theres no way in hell hes taking over our world, not while im here I could intervine and save the world from the Living Tribunal if I had to but I think I will sit back and watch the end of the world since I won't come to harm anyway.

EsteemedLeader
i could defeat the living tribunal as well...

newjak86
i could defeat the living tribunal as well... Fool look at my title look at the list of my children and think if you could stand a chance.

EsteemedLeader
Fool look at my title look at the list of my children and think if you could stand a chance.

i didnt say i could defeat you, i said i could also defeat the LT.

Blair Wind
aight...Storm...NO.....
Iceman...only if he can "sleep" in his air form and no one knows if he can..
GL sure....
Supes...duh....
Magneto...yep....
Dr. Strange could too....

EsteemedLeader
storm cant take the world. like i said, elite band of gifted civilians team-up, blah blah blah

Creshosk
See this defensive arguing, no point made, but ready to criticize and flip stuff around?

Your "hypocrisy" is astounding. smile

Creshosk
Yes but storm is causing massive damage, thats easy to track. A man in hiding isnt, he's subtle... That's why you send the hurricane on. . . The damage would continue on, but she would go into hiding. . .

You're tracking the storm, but not Storm, and she gets away, rests and can attack again in another spot.

newjak86
That's why you send the hurricane on. . . The damage would continue on, but she would go into hiding. . .

You're tracking the storm, but not Storm, and she gets away, rests and can attack again in another spot. They would be tracking Storm through Radar which Subs can track other Subs with it from across the world's Ocean's. Satelites can keep a good image up of where ever she is. Plus with all the energy she already wasted causing the intial attack how would she be able to do all this massive scale stuff without exausting herself near death. She can't that why she doesn't have the energy reserves to do it.

Creshosk
They would be tracking Storm through Radar which Subs can track other Subs with it from across the world's Ocean's. Satelites can keep a good image up of where ever she is. Plus with all the energy she already wasted causing the intial attack how would she be able to do all this massive scale stuff without exausting herself near death. She can't that why she doesn't have the energy reserves to do it. You can keep track of human sized objects through radar?

And satelites can see through hurricanes to see individual people?

You are overestimating the military. . . I think you've watched one too many movies . . .

skizo
They wont find Storm...if they cant find bin laden they cant find storm

xmarksthespot
they will have to be able to stand against the military might of all our nations combined. Assume we don't know anything about them, including their weaknesses.
Carnage
Iron Man (regular armor)
Colossus
Iceman
Green Lantern (Hal)
Superman
Storm
Magneto
Invisible Woman
Mystique
Question for the thread starter: Do we know of their presence in our world or are we oblivious to that as well? Do we know what they look like and their powers? Can they rally their own army to fight for them as well?

Either way those with the least chance are Colossus and Carnage. Also either way Superman, Iceman and Magneto would take over world.

Mystique has an excellent chance of taking over the world. She actually has a better chance than a lot of people on the list because her actions would be subtle. It may not be as obvious how she'd do so because she doesn't go around shooting laser eye beams and lifting tanks. People are underestimating how devious and ruthless she can be and the power of stealth.

Assuming we know nothing about them, Storm actually does have an ok chance. The destruction she wreaks on the world appears natural. If she takes a more direct approach I'd daresay a woman once revered as a goddess could rally supporters.

I do see her taking over the world country by country though as opposed to a global assault. Maybe first overthrowing the House of Saud and then moving on to the other OPEC nations. Controlling so much of the world's oil, Western Nations would be fool to attack her. Once in control of around half the world's crude oil supply she forms a strategic alliance with China, whose rapidly expanding economy is heavily dependent on oil. She also makes a non-aggression pact with Russia. With China's army she takes over South and South East Asia. Her benign dictatorship is favoured by the people of Asia over the Communist Party. Likewise the people of Russia see the prosperity Storm's rule has brought over neighbouring nations. Putin is ejected from office. She now rules a vast continent.

With the vast resources of her continent and Russia/China's vetos in the UN she takes over the African Continent with ease. She moves her capital to Kenya.

At this point both the EU and US concerns have reached a zenith. However they can do little against the burgeoning threat. Europe falls next. Then finally the US. big grin

newjak86
Bin Laden is purposely hiding he won't come out Storm already has.
I'm overestimating the military please I have taken nothing but fact if I went by movies this would be stupid. Subs can use Radar to track other Subs in the other side of Oceans. Also they can track hurricanes no problem. Also to do that after she is already exhausted and probably hasn't the energy to do it. Plus to do that she has to think about the satellite focusing on her which why would she. Also her power is strong but her energy reserves aren't enough. You wanna talk about technology.

The military can launch a tomahawk missile and target hundreds of miles away and fly it through a window I believe that proves that someone like Storm size couldn't escape once they are placed under surveillance which she would be.

Next her first use of power could overwhelm the first attack against her but the power needed to do that would drain her there. So she possibly won't even get away if under heavey fire. She can not suceed she has limits on her endurance energy reserves and DURABILITY. She will loose because no matter what she will get tired. Once tired and trying to flee she will have no where to run under radar and satillite detection.

xmarksthespot
At the start of the thread it says we know nothing about any of these characters. We don't know who they are, what they look like, their powers or their weaknesses.

So I don't see how everyone is assuming that any of the characters is found instantly.

Creshosk
Bin Laden is purposely hiding he won't come out Storm already has.
I'm overestimating the military please I have taken nothing but fact if I went by movies this would be stupid. Subs can use Radar to track other Subs in the other side of Oceans. Also they can track hurricanes no problem. Also to do that after she is already exhausted and probably hasn't the energy to do it. Plus to do that she has to think about the satellite focusing on her which why would she. Also her power is strong but her energy reserves aren't enough. You wanna talk about technology.

The military can launch a tomahawk missile and target hundreds of miles away and fly it through a window I believe that proves that someone like Storm size couldn't escape once they are placed under surveillance which she would be.

Next her first use of power could overwhelm the first attack against her but the power needed to do that would drain her there. So she possibly won't even get away if under heavey fire. She can not suceed she has limits on her endurance energy reserves and DURABILITY. She will loose because no matter what she will get tired. Once tired and trying to flee she will have no where to run under radar and satillite detection.

Do you even know what radar is? How are you going to bounce soundwaves off of storm . . in the middle of a hurricane?

Sonar goes long range underwater . . . it;s realatively calm down there. . . but in the middle of a hurricane you don't have a snowballs chance in hell of finding anything.

newjak86
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
At the start of the thread it says we know nothing about any of these characters. We don't know who they are, what they look like, their powers or their weaknesses.

So I don't see how everyone is assuming that any of the characters is found instantly. So the point is that they would detect abrupt weather changes I mean we can trace the source of Hurricanes to which stream it came from if massive weather changes occur then they will bespotted and traced. another point is by herself she won't be able to focus that much power for to long anyways she would have to try a city by city campaign otherwise she would be drained to quickly to do anything.

xmarksthespot
Even if we do identify anomalies in weather, how does one draw the conclusion that Storm is the cause if nothing is known about her.

newjak86
Do you even know what radar is? How are you going to bounce soundwaves off of storm . . in the middle of a hurricane?

Sonar goes long range underwater . . . it;s realatively calm down there. . . but in the middle of a hurricane you don't have a snowballs chance in hell of finding anything. Let's see Radar can detect planes flying through Storms all the time. Storm still doesn't have the power levels to maintain these things at all anyway.

So by you this is what she does . She attacks causing huge uproars in wheather. She then continues long enough to take every major threat away like nothing despite the fact that she has limited energy reserves. Then you say if they attack her she keeps up her attacks while being attackes with no problems. She then continues until she gets tired and then she summons up more energy for her escape covering up satellites she has no idea where they are(If she even thinks about them by now she is so tired) while fending off more missle attacks and planes and stuff like that. Directing the weather while trying to fly and get away as fast as she can all while already drained. I must say Storm is Uber Powerful no isn't she. Oh and she goes into hiding then reenrgizes all while the nations do nothing except sit and wait when they can track her anywhere on the earth.

newjak86

So I don't see how everyone is assuming that any of the characters is found instantly.

Creshosk
Let's see Radar can detect planes flying through Storms all the time. Storm still doesn't have the power levels to maintain these things at all anyway.

So by you this is what she does . She attacks causing huge uproars in wheather. She then continues long enough to take every major threat away like nothing despite the fact that she has limited energy reserves. Then you say if they attack her she keeps up her attacks while being attackes with no problems. She then continues until she gets tired and then she summons up more energy for her escape covering up satellites she has no idea where they are(If she even thinks about them by now she is so tired) while fending off more missle attacks and planes and stuff like that. Directing the weather while trying to fly and get away as fast as she can all while already drained. I must say Storm is Uber Powerful no isn't she. Oh and she goes into hiding then reenrgizes all while the nations do nothing except sit and wait when they can track her anywhere on the earth.

I'm saying she attacks within a hurricane to begin with. The hurricane can afford her quite a bit of defense, as most people would not automatically assume the the attack is of a sentient origin.

She could easily destroy quite a few places of power long before anyone even catches on.

You'd have to know something about Storm in order to detect her as a threat in the first place.

It'd take quite awhile before someone caught on that it was of hostile intent in the first place.

You seem to think that the instat she starts attacking it'll just be her floating arround. . .

And you seriously underestimate Storm as well. . .most of the time she holds back. And THAT is what drains a person quicker. attacking with strong winds AND containing it so it doesn't go awry and do undue damage takes alot of concentration.

When panicking she can create massive storms.

newjak86
Alright you tell a persn lifting wieghts or exerting any force that if you hold back it is harder right stick out tongue
She might stay hidden but it doesn't matter the energy it would take to do something like take out all threats is beyond her. Plus it would require knowledge of where they are which can you tell me where they are because thats right anyone with average knowledge knows not where these things are Storm won't either. Now the fact is we can detect where the source of these weather patterns are she would have to try something biig and it can be given a source if it is abnormal. Satelittes can take care of the rest. So it isn't like she wouldn't be able to be spotted her powers can be traced.

Aslo the Hurricane doesn't matter as much because how would she know to use it to block the satelittes plus the radar can still keep up with her. Now you say she can get away but she would have to do alot.

Now let's put her through the hell she is about to go through. First she attacks she will be shot at with missles and using more and more energy. She gets away without being tracked(Yeah Right) she hides it would take weeks to fully recover the energy she wasted. then she goes out and does it again. No matter what you say she is a normal human that has normal endurance and durability. The constant attacks on her the waste of energies is gonna take her toll and the amount of space to hide will reduce and reduce. Plus by then at the most a month in she would fatigued on the run probably sporting many wounds and because by now a satelitte image of her would be everywhere treatment and supplies would lessen. She can't do it she is human.

Nataku8188

Oh yes, we're going to use Nukes on a lone enemy. You think they are going to stand on a remote desolate island and wait to get nuked? We won't risk nukes or bombs on guys like Carnage, because, well, they are just going to be wrecking havok in heavily populated areas.

supremthor
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Oh yes, we're going to use Nukes on a lone enemy. You think they are going to stand on a remote desolate island and wait to get nuked? We won't risk nukes or bombs on guys like Carnage, because, well, they are just going to be wrecking havok in heavily populated areas.
but then wats there option. blow up a whole city killing million and saving saving billions. or not blowing up anything and end up being controled.

supremthor
Originally posted by Nataku8188
but then wats there option. blow up a whole city killing million and saving saving billions. or not blowing up anything and end up being controled.

newjak86
but then wats there option. blow up a whole city killing million and saving saving billions. or not blowing up anything and end up being controled. The point is they don't need to. Storm is only human Magento is only human when it comes down to durability and endurance a stray piece of shrapnel from a bomb would kill them. Thier power will drain with usage and with the power they need to be using to stop the attacks they would be drained quickly.

xmarksthespot
You mean metal shrapnel is going to kill Mags? Todays armies rely far too much on technology, most of which contains large amounts of metal. Tanks, nukes, etc. Are his playthings. Magneto, Superman and Iceman are near definites for taking over the world.

newjak86
You mean metal shrapnel is going to kill Mags? Todays armies rely far too much on technology, most of which contains large amounts of metal. Tanks, nukes, etc. Are his playthings. Magneto, Superman and Iceman are near definites for taking over the world. Not even Magento his powers will still be drained with use and he will still be injured and tired after many battles so he will fall especially since all it takes is ne metal bullet he doesn't see coming and isn't ready for or a bomb that drops on him while he is asleep. He is only human. Iceman can he stay in his ice form forever or does his powers drain like every other mutant who uses their powers to much.

xmarksthespot
From what I recall Iceman's consciousness is incorporeal and can inhabit any body of water, ice or vapor, indistinguishable from surrounding water. He can "teleport" through bodies of water/vapour/ice. He can lower temperatures to absolute zero by halting atomic motion and this is a ranged ability which would kill anyone and nullify any weaponry directed at him.

newjak86
From what I recall Iceman's consciousness is incorporeal and can inhabit any body of water, ice or vapor, indistinguishable from surrounding water. He can "teleport" through bodies of water/vapour/ice. He can lower temperatures to absolute zero by halting atomic motion and this is a ranged ability which would kill anyone and nullify any weaponry directed at him. Still can he stay in this form or does he revert back to human where he is killable.

xmarksthespot
I don't know if he can even revert back to human. From what I understand he is essentially living sentient water. Though if someone knows better, correct me.

newjak86
I don't know if he can even revert back to human. From what I understand he is essentially living sentient water. Though if someone knows better, correct me. I don't know thats why I said he could possibly do it because if he can stay in the ice form of his without going back to human then he has a very good shot.

EsteemedLeader
cheap iceman could do anything...

Creshosk
You are still going off of movies. . .

The radar wouldn't be able to pick her up.

They wouldn't be able to trace the source of the strange weather, because you'd have to know or think that someone was the source. Then you'd be looking for machines. . . who in their right mind would beleive that something like Storm was real.

You are still overestimating the military.

Creshosk
You also still seem to be underestimating these characters. You seem to think that they tire the instant they start using their powers. . .

DarkCrawler
I don't know thats why I said he could possibly do it because if he can stay in the ice form of his without going back to human then he has a very good shot.

He can't turn into human form.

ALEMASTER
storm could she use the force of nature against the military hurricanes lghting tsunamis hail the sise of baseballs gale force winds

Richrf
I think you guys are seriously underestimating the military. For good reason, since they don't want to advertise their power. No more than necessary/

The USA military is a seriously scary thing, the arsenal they show to the world is no more than the tip of the iceberg of the power they can project if they are really threatened (Read : Alien invasion/ doomsday type of scenarios).

The problem with comics is that they tend to protray miliatry organisations as bumbling fools, only SHELD comes off competent and even they difer to the super heroes.

I speculate that the comic worlds military might perhaps be less competent because they over rely on superheroes to save the day.

I personally think that short of cosmic level supers, most supers would have a hard time winning. The battle would destroy much of the world for some of the more powerful mutatns though.

I doubt Storm could do it. Control over weather is powerful, but i doubt she could stand up to a nuke for example. Then there are other more subtle methods...

newjak86
You are still going off of movies. . .

The radar wouldn't be able to pick her up.

They wouldn't be able to trace the source of the strange weather, because you'd have to know or think that someone was the source. Then you'd be looking for machines. . . who in their right mind would beleive that something like Storm was real.

You are still overestimating the military. Movies yes that is where I get my facts from. Have you ever been on military website watched the History Channel well I'm taking that you haven't. Our military has the capabilities of tracking fighter jets flying faster than Storms body could ever dream possible and track them through lighting storms all the time it's part of what they do.

The fact is is that if storm decides to use her power on such a large scale she would drain very quickly. Let's see satellite pictures of the hurricane tracing it's location maybe not the first time but they would catch on. Once that happens read above scenarios they all look bad for her.

She has the power but not the energy reserves or durability or endurance. Magneto is included here if a stray piece of shrapnel can kill you or wound you then you have no chance of taking over the world.

K3VIL

Carnage
Iron Man (regular armor)
Colossus
Iceman
Green Lantern (Hal)
Superman
Storm
Magneto
Invisible Woman
Mystique
Carnage
Missiles from rocket launchers and napalm will do the job.

Iron Man
100 F22 Raptor, and then Nuclear Strike.

Colossus
Slow him then block him and drop him in outerspace or in a volcano.

Iceman
We'll find a way to stop him

GL
He can't fight forever, his mind will tire out soon or later and he'll be killed from the armies of Earth.

Superman
Can we create red sun radiation?If we can he's doomed.

Storm
Sniper Rifle, bye bye Storm.

Magneto
See above

IW
She can be detected, so she can be killed

Mystique
We'll find out she's using her powers to take over the world and kill her

GalacticStorm
Iceman

Superman

Magneto

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by K3VIL

Iceman

Mystique

You might tell the ways how we do these things?

I can say that I can find a way to defeat Silver Surfer, but it doesn't mean that I actually can.

Nataku8188
Carnage
Missiles from rocket launchers and napalm will do the job.
^Carnage is too fast, and too small. He is going to be sticking near civilians, they won't risk it

Iron Man
100 F22 Raptor, and then Nuclear Strike.
^Maybe

Colossus
Slow him then block him and drop him in outerspace or in a volcano.
^Big electromagnet would pick him up, no prob

Iceman
^No we wont

GL
He can't fight forever, his mind will tire out soon or later and he'll be killed from the armies of Earth.
^Or he can fly into space, disable every satelite orbiting earth and cripple global communications.

Superman
Can we create red sun radiation?If we can he's doomed.
^He's going to **** all our assholes.

Storm
Sniper Rifle, bye bye Storm.
^If we can find her

Magneto
See above
^No, Mags would sense it coming. He'd world-wide EMP, then simply take over. It would be no problem.

IW
She can be detected, so she can be killed
^Her forcefields can take anything we can dish out. She'd easily kill us all.

Mystique
^Doubtful. She'd probably die after a VERY VERY long charade.

masterbruce
Scenario with Magneto:

Magneto hovers above the UN building and issues a harsh warning: "Humanity's reign on earth is over, homosuperiors shall now be the master-race. Since I know the destructive nature of your species all too well, an ample demonstration of my threat is needed."

With that said, Magneto unfurls a magnetic EMP storm covering a mile radius that kills any and every electronic device in the vicinity. The 20 block area is literally dead, no lights or sounds except the wails of hapless humans...and the sound of destruction and terror...cars piled up in enormous crashes, people are stuck in the underground subway system in complete darkness, and criminals ransack the city, looting and beating innocents.

"The barbarism of your society already brims to the surface. You have 24 hours to submit, after that, my mercy will no longer help you. This is...but a taste of my powers" Magneto flies up to a space satellite and gathers his energy there, knowing full well that he would not be found there.

The next day, Magneto appears in Manhattan, ready to accept his rule. But the stupid humans decided against the wiser choice and within minutes of magneto's appearance, droves of tanks, elite soldiers and jetfighters arrive on scene. One general on a loudspeaker yelled out: "Alien creature, humanity does not concede to one such as you. However we have you surrounded and will not hesitate to use deadly force. Surrender NOW!!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaaaaa...insolent beings, you deserve what you get" ushered Magneto. Suddenly an elctric forcefield surrounded his body. The general issued the attack order. The tanks fired, the soldiers shot with their weapons, the jets launched their missles, all at the singular target, all in utter futility. But as the smoke began to clear, Magneto still hovered high in the air, apparently unfazed, as indicated by his smile. "My turn." His eyes glowed with electrical fury as he unleashed a violent magnetic flare emanating from his body through out the city. In the one mile radius, every metallic object, including tanks and jets, cars and trucks, even the buildings were twisted into horrible shapes. The magnetic flares traveled far across the entire continent, every satellite was destroyed. The electrical grids were all decharged and the nation fell in a stupor of darkness.

"I shall await your further decision" with that said, Magneto once again took refuge in the space satellites. In the next four days, chaos ensued the entire nation, law enforcement was overwhelmed by the criminals. Society faltered at its seams, with the destruction of the eletrical infrastructure, our society, our civilization crumbled...and the code of the fittest once again reigned unobstructed.

On the fifth day, Magneto came back, this time arriving in Paris. All the nations, seeing how Magneto so easily destroyed America in one instant of anger, sent their representation to indicate their submission lest the same horrible fate beset them. From that day forward, humanity came under the iron rule of the one they call "God".

newjak86
But could he really muster the energy needed to do that. Can he blank out an entire nation like that plus satellites are in Space outside of his attacks.

CorderaMitchell
Your "hypocrisy" is astounding. smile

and then?

masterbruce
If magneto unleashed his full power in one blast, kinda like human torch going nova except on a much bigger scale, then I think he can affect all the major electrical grids in the US and its satellites...only a year ago, a major electrical grid near US canada shut down and the whole eastern US was without power

Metalmanx
Everyone but Iron Man and Invisible Woman would be able to take over the world. Very easily in fact. Just not those two.

In the argument for Colossus...there is NOTHING that any of our countries' technology could do to defeat him. He would just defeat us all on brute strength and nigh-invulnerability alone.

newjak86
If magneto unleashed his full power in one blast, kinda like human torch going nova except on a much bigger scale, then I think he can affect all the major electrical grids in the US and its satellites...only a year ago, a major electrical grid near US canada shut down and the whole eastern US was without power Yes but wouldn't that drain him of his power to where he would be very weak then he is open for attacks by other means for instance some of the devices the used by the military don't run on the normal electrical grid. So those won't be shut down. I know what your trying to say though is that with this blast he blankets the whole nation but when has he ever shown the power to do this. One massive explosion maybe hal of it but that is still pshing it if you ask me. Also the fact is that the satellites would still be unaffected command posts outside of the US would still be operational. He still would be drained and vulnerable exausted after using so much power on bomb or one man with a gun which an emp doesn't effect then it's over.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Everyone but Iron Man and Invisible Woman would be able to take over the world. Very easily in fact. Just not those two.

In the argument for Colossus...there is NOTHING that any of our countries' technology could do to defeat him. He would just defeat us all on brute strength and nigh-invulnerability alone.

But couldn't we restrain him? Melt him? And I think that Carnage couldn't take over the world.

newjak86
Originally posted by Metalmanx

In the argument for Colossus...there is NOTHING that any of our countries' technology could do to defeat him. He would just defeat us all on brute strength and nigh-invulnerability alone. Not true his durability has never been shown to be incredable. I'm not totaly sure a bunker buster bomb couldn't take him out. Plus he is alone person not very fast not overtly strong he can take a tank apart but he can't even touch a helicopter or plane.

Nataku8188
But could he really muster the energy needed to do that. Can he blank out an entire nation like that plus satellites are in Space outside of his attacks.

Yes.

Nataku8188
But couldn't we restrain him? Melt him? And I think that Carnage couldn't take over the world.

Carnage has no interest to take over the world, he would just destroy it.

stormfront13
newjak, storm could easily take out the satelites. all she would need is a space suit to do it. she has controlled solar winds before so using those to take out satelites would be no problem. you are also not taking into consideration what she will be feeling. she will be going hardcore and ready. she is a very smart woman, and the best theif in cairo. also everytime there is a hurricane do people wonder if somebody is actually doing it? everytime there is a tornado do nattions meet and see if a person is responsible? storms attacks would be hard to find considering all her attacks on earth happen all the time.

newjak86
newjak, storm could easily take out the satelites. all she would need is a space suit to do it. she has controlled solar winds before so using those to take out satelites would be no problem. you are also not taking into consideration what she will be feeling. she will be going hardcore and ready. she is a very smart woman, and the best theif in cairo. also everytime there is a hurricane do people wonder if somebody is actually doing it? everytime there is a tornado do nattions meet and see if a person is responsible? storms attacks would be hard to find considering all her attacks on earth happen all the time. Um let me see she has to know where the satelittes are she has to know where the attacks can hit her. She may be made she may be in a killer mood doesn't chantge the fact that the world is huge she is only human in endurance and durability. Once she is known she is dead because she can not keep up the power levels needed to beat all the world's military. She is mart but still being smart and knowning something is different. I can be smart but if I never read up on math then I couldn't do it. She doesn't know where all this stuff is. She can not do it. Magneto can not do it. Iceman can if he can stay in iceform forever. They are nothing but normal humans in those cases. One normal bullet one peice of shrapnel from a bomb flying at thm faster then they can see can beat them. They can not do it. The world is to big for them to simply show up flex powers then keep up a sustained attack that can make the world bow to their feet.

ZephroCarnelian
lol.

A nice quick and simple way for Supes to take over the world...

Fly into orbit.

Turn every world leader, senate and parliament into ashes with heat vision. big grin

Though this goes against his code of not taking human life so....

He'd simply tie them all up with string and waltz about with a smug grin on his face! big grin

stormfront13
finding the sattelite won't be hard to do since she can see the world in energy and specifically pin-point their location with this. and she doesn't need to affect it on a planetary scale, one country at a time. she can easily affect the pressure to knock down buildings and everything. can you imagine how much descruction would happen if new york city went into a huge blackout, was flooded, and had buildings falling over all over the place? she can melt the polar ice caps and easily flood almost the whole world. put the world in a forever drought. make threats to do this. also an army would be taken down due to the fact that storm can control the electricity in humans and machines.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>