Who can Superman beat easily in Marvel and DC?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fanboy
I just wanted to see what everyone would think.

BB_hawk
Almost anyone in DC and Marvel about the only ones that would give him problem is Hulk and Silver Surfer in Marval and in DC there are some how can but Superman is the big dog in DC.

also Thor would give superman a run for his money...i'm sure there are a host of less popular character who could give superman a run for his money too

Superman 24
he could easily beat Jubilee

alexanderluthor
aunt may(Marvel), Alfred(DC)

Red Superfly
Almost everyone.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Almost everyone.

almost.....not Cable.

pr1983
Originally posted by Mainstream
almost.....not Cable.

God like or standard?

Mainstream
god like of course...Regular Cable would be F**Ked

pr1983
pretty much yeah...

Mainstream
Originally posted by pr1983
pretty much yeah...

very sad but very true

Fanboy
Okay thanks can you guys just put down who can Superman easily beat instead of who can give him problems? Or beat him. Can you guys freakin read?

pr1983
Originally posted by Fanboy
Okay thanks can you guys just put down who can Superman easily beat instead of who can give him problems? Or beat him. Can you guys freakin read?

Do you have any idea how long that list is?

nate100
Should the question not be who COULDN'T superman easily beat in Marvel/DC?

DarthLazious
What Red Superfly said.

brainchild81
Non-telepaths & Non-Cosmics who don't use magic and can't create Kryptonite or transform things into Kryptonite or have class 100 strength.

Grammaton
Superman could definatley beat Venom and Spiderman with ease.

brainchild81
I think Venom was kicking his @ss in a crossover though. Although crossovers do usually suck. He'd beat them, but @ the end of the day he'd still be lame ol' Supes. Give them Kryptonite, and they'd own him more than Batman doessmile

olympian
"Should the question not be who COULDN'T superman easily beat in Marvel/DC?"

ding, ding. We have a winner.

Grammaton
Superman could NOT beat Apocolypse...

olympian
Or surfer. Or magneto. Or Thanos. Or stranger. or Reed Richards with prep. or.........

Sentry
Or Batman with prep...Or Adam Warlock...Or Dr. Doom with prep...

nate100
Maybe so but you know he'd give it a bloody good try.

Even saying that im not so sure he'd lose. at the worst i'd say it'd be some kind of draw.

This is Superman we're talking about here and whilst there are some stupidly powerful supervillians and heroes out there.... this is SUPERMAN were talking about here.

olympian
"Or Batman with prep...Or Adam Warlock...Or Dr. Doom with prep..."

Warlock doesnt need prep to win. Batman aint marvel. But with some milion bucks he can pass those plans of his to the other side. Dr Doom with prep, yeah all the way, hes going to be nasty.

And what reason is that of " Because he is SUPERMAN " ?

How about Thor wins because he is the fragging " THOR, Thunder God wer talking here. "

I forgot about Quasar and Photon too. They can do it.

nate100
ok, easy there sparky.

im just saying that he is one tough son of a *****, but i mainly ment it in that he is the original superhero. you cant dispute the fact that in some shape or form all superheroes are based on him or at least incorporate a part of him. i know there were plenty of heroes before him but it wasn't until this particular alien landed on earth that super heroes became,well, super.

xmarksthespot
How do a black woman with white hair and blue eyes who controls the weather, or a mangey shrimpy Canadian with a skeleton laced with unbreakable metal who heals really fast, or a blue furred demonic looking teleporter, owe anything in their origin to Superman?

If he hadn't been created someone else would have thought of something else.

nate100
one word, SUPERHEROES!

he is the grand daddy of them all. if he hadn't of popped up who's to say that super heroes would be as popular now or even be here?!!

you maybe right that someone would have thought of something else but the fact is he was thought of, and because he was he became a blueprint of what a superhero should be.

how many rip off's of superman are there?..... exactly!

then come the 60's 70's 80's & 90's who eventually try to throw something new into the mix and create different heroes, but why exactly? because everyone is copying the superman template and its become boring. which leads me back to my original point that supes is the mack daddy of the superheroes.

don't tell me that when you think Superhero you dont think Superman.
cause if you do, your not only lying to me or yourself but everyone else here as well.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by nate100
one word, SUPERHEROES!
he is the grand daddy of them all. if he hadn't of popped up who's to say that super heroes would be as popular now or even be here?!!
you maybe right that someone would have thought of something else but the fact is he was thought of, and because he was he became a blueprint of what a superhero should be.
how many rip off's of superman are there?..... exactly!
then come the 60's 70's 80's & 90's who eventually try to throw something new into the mix and create different heroes, but why exactly? because everyone is copying the superman template and its become boring. which leads me back to my original point that supes is the mack daddy of the superheroes.
don't tell me that when you think Superhero you dont think Superman.
cause if you do, your not only lying to me or yourself but everyone else here as well.
He happened to be created at the height of the U.S. Great Depression when people needed cheap uplifting entertainment. Anything similar created would have likely been embraced the same, and you'd likely be arguing that creation is the mother of all superheroes.
None of the heroes I described owe anything I can think of in their character, powers or personality to Superman.
And to answer your final question yes I would think of Superman... but only because of his generic name. big grin

BTW we're getting off-topic.

nate100
ok so pretty much everything you just said agrees with me.

it all arcs back to my point.

but your right we are starting to go off-topic.

Bardock42
Ok ok....how does an American Soldier that has Aa Shield owe anything to him...how does a Guy who wears a black suit that looks like a Bat owe anything to him....a Speedster......a man who made a Ring out of a Green Train Lantern?......they are not all copies of him...not even the ones that came right hafter him....

nate100
Right, i see im going to have to explain this piece by piece.

Im not saying that every single superhero/villian is a direct copy of superman. My point is that Superman is THE superhero.

He is the most iconic hero there is. i know Flash, Batman etc are not copies of him. Anyone and everyone knows that!

You think Superhero you think Superman. Im talking more silver-golden age comics were every new hero was pretty much a rip of Supes.

Obviously in the 80's-90's (simply because they were the 80'-90's) there was going to be an influx of new types of heroes or even anti-heroes. ie, the x-men etc and these have no real correlation to Supes other than the fact that 'superman' type heroes were not really the big thing. Hence radioactive influnced heroes or mutants.

Im just saying that Superman is a big deal in the history of the Superhero.

I rest my case.

Bardock42
Well he obviously is big...but that first of all doesn't make hisn comics any better and second does, since we are talkign aboot his strength, not change who he could beat ....... there is no "Superman" factor that makes him win although the opponent is stronger....

nate100
Well i never said it makes his comics any better. i personally feel there is only so much you can do with a Superman comic despite how much i love the character.

Obviously there is no 'Superman' factor that means he will win a fight, but you gotta admit if your going up against Superman your going to think

"oh crap, this is Superman!"

olympian
"he is the grand daddy of them all. if he hadn't of popped up who's to say that super heroes would be as popular now or even be here?!!"

"how many rip off's of superman are there?..... exactly!"

Superman for all accounts isent that original. Your forgetting Doc Savage and Gladiator. You merge the two and have Superman in a nutsheel. Name and all iirc.

Whirlysplatt
smile I will involve myself tommorrow perhaps smile

Mainstream
Originally posted by Grammaton
Superman could NOT beat Apocolypse...

Apocalypse is the bringer of our salvation...death and war serve him meditate

xmarksthespot
Obviously there is no 'Superman' factor that means he will win a fight, but you gotta admit if your going up against Superman your going to think
"oh crap, this is Superman!"
Not if you're Galactus.

nate100
Originally posted by olympian
"he is the grand daddy of them all. if he hadn't of popped up who's to say that super heroes would be as popular now or even be here?!!"

"how many rip off's of superman are there?..... exactly!"

Superman for all accounts isent that original. Your forgetting Doc Savage and Gladiator. You merge the two and have Superman in a nutsheel. Name and all iirc.

Yeah but like you said only "if you put them together"

Basic fact is that there weren't put together. Therefore no Superman scale superheroes until the big man came along himself.

And i still bet Galactus would think about the pro's and cons of going up against Superman.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I can see this turning into a dirty month long argument and im sure none of us REALLY want to get involved in something like that so lets just say were all right in our own respects and leave the possible bloodshed there.

xmarksthespot
And i still bet Galactus would think about the pro's and cons of going up against Superman.
I do hope that's sarcasm. The Devourer of Worlds, survivor of the end of the last Universe, thinks nothing of Superman. He more than likely has a Herald kill Superman for him rather than waste his precious planet-eating time.

nate100
More of a joke really. i've seen to many of these threads turn in to huge arguments and pointless slanging matches so thought i'd lighten the mood before this turned into one as well cause it seems it might go that way. smile

Whirlysplatt
More of a joke really. i've seen to many of these threads turn in to huge arguments and pointless slanging matches so thought i'd lighten the mood before this turned into one as well cause it seems it might go that way. smile

Good thinking - It might turn into what you describe shifty

buckboogie
back in the day (60's-70's) no one could beat superman dc or marvel except for the spectre. 2day's superman would get his butt kicked by gladiator and hyperion from marvel. when will these guys get on? one @ atime of course!

zeel
Ill tell ya one thing now thor is going to take out supes , wanna know why.

he needs a hammer

he needs battle armor

he needs a belt of strength

ARRRRGGG i hate marvel for limiting thor's powers to his gear grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

zeel
type o i meant thor is NOT =) going to take out supes.

Raoul
Originally posted by zeel
Ill tell ya one thing now thor is going to take out supes , wanna know why.

he needs a hammer

he needs battle armor

he needs a belt of strength

ARRRRGGG i hate marvel for limiting thor's powers to his gear grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

thats ultimate thor, and it was a ruse by loki, thor actually has those powers anyways...

thor could beat superman, but it wouldnt be easy, and superman is, imo just as likely to beat thor as vice versa...

zeel
any version of superman would have a problem with galactus.

including prime.

zeel
thor can only beat superman with his wepons belt or other toys odin has made for him.

thor in general is a underpowered god.

thoe without his hammer = superman *****,captian marvel,hulk,thanos,and a whole hell of alot of other charaters in dc and marvel.

thor is to dependant on gear.

ragesRemorse
who can superman beat easily?

everyone

Mindship
Wolverine.

Combat_Guru
Doomsday can crush Superman, if Superman manges to kill him, he'll just come back to life even stronger.

zeel
Supes could possible beat any physical powerhouse's for the most part in marvel and D.C. thats his strength his godly mortal physical strength. He needs to stay away from the supernatural and magic users though they will casue problems.

zeel
Originally posted by buckboogie
back in the day (60's-70's) no one could beat superman dc or marvel except for the spectre. 2day's superman would get his butt kicked by gladiator and hyperion from marvel. when will these guys get on? one @ atime of course!

Yep back then the specter wasnt even phased by supes physical strength.

American Dragon
Iron Man could beat Superman if he used a kyponite cannon or his Hulkbuster suit.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by American Dragon
Iron Man could beat Superman if he used a kyponite cannon or his Hulkbuster suit.

Hulkbuster isn't going to do anything to him and anyone can beat him with a kryptonite cannon just like anyone with a gamma absorbing cannon can beat Hulk.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Hulkbuster isn't going to do anything to him and anyone can beat him with a kryptonite cannon just like anyone with a gamma absorbing cannon can beat Hulk.

Which is intresting considering WWH literally beat down just about all of Marvel Earth in like two days.

Raoul
iron man could have had hulk if not for his suit being sabotaged...

Final Blaxican
... That leaves like, a hundred other geniuses. ermm

Like Reed's fail machine. no expression

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Which is intresting considering WWH literally beat down just about all of Marvel Earth in like two days. I think you mean all the heroes under Hulk's general level.

The only people at his level he fought were Juggernaut(Who was destroying him in the brawl, hence why Hulk had to BFR him, and why Juggernaut's ability to stop running was taken away), Dr. Strange, who all of the sudden lost the ability to use magic without his hands, Sentry, who didn't use that nifty power called superspeed and instead opted to have a conversation while blocking Hulk's fist with his face, and that is about it that I can remember.

Final Blaxican
Who else on Marvel Earth could beat him in a straight up fight? I'm pretty sure there's more, I just can't think of any in particular.

The WWH event was chalk full of PIS though. Juggernaut running forever is riduclous. ermm

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Who else on Marvel Earth could beat him in a straight up fight? I'm pretty sure there's more, I just can't think of any in particular.

The WWH event was chalk full of PIS though. Juggernaut running forever is riduclous. ermm Molecule Man. 131

Also, Thor, Juggernaut can in a straight brawl, and none else I can care to remember.

Yeah. Juggernaut is not the quickest or most intelligent of entities, but I think he has enough intelligence and reflex to stop running when a lake is in front of him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.